1. Post #2281
    Contron's Favourite Foxy
    May 2007
    1,264 Posts
    I'll save my low prop count building to when I can be assed making usable, optimized stuff instead of complicated monsters

never   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #2282
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    952 Posts
    I want the holopad thing to really work, it would make a world of difference for builders everywhere
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #2283
    July 2012
    74 Posts
    thing is, that's fine to do, except you bring your 500 prop boxes onto public servers and RSO the shit out of everyone.
    i spawn them only when ppl ask or when ppl i dont like start joining so they RSO before they can go full republican on me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #2284

September 2011
    107 Posts
    Thanks for the tracks Red
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #2285
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    glad to see they're going to good use!

6. Post #2286
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    FOR SCIENCE!

Edited:

i got up to 390mph on that thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

7. Post #2287
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    9,957 Posts
    I randomly checked in on this thread after not being active in it (or played gmod very much) in two years.

I wanna get into building again but I don't remember anything about chassis making and I've lost all my E2's.

Also I saw those new pipes, anyone got a download link for those or are they not released for public yet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

8. Post #2288
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,568 Posts
    Hey you.

Edited:

http://shadowscions-construction-pro....com/svn/trunk

Edited:

I was told you had a VW Beetle fetish.

9. Post #2289
    March 2008
    9,957 Posts
    Not only a fetish but a car aswell

and a WIP I started a year ago that looks like shit and never cared about finishing:

I've really lost my building skills over the inactive years, holy shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #2290
    Quality over quantity.
    August 2010
    882 Posts
    Not only a fetish but a car aswell

and a WIP I started a year ago that looks like shit and never cared about finishing:

Welcome to the beetle club my friend.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events

11. Post #2291
    March 2008
    9,957 Posts
    You're cheating with holograms :(

If not those are some weird new props I have yet to see   

12. Post #2292
    Quality over quantity.
    August 2010
    882 Posts
    Aw... I think they look good... and I'm only doing the wheel arches...

And back to ACF rant: FTW IS WRONG WITH THIS AUTOCLUTCH???? It's driving me MAD!
    alright, I have crawling speed in first gear, and putting it in 2nd, nothing happens because
    goddamn autoclutch!

13. Post #2293
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    952 Posts
    I know how you feel
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #2294
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts

And back to ACF rant: FTW IS WRONG WITH THIS AUTOCLUTCH???? It's driving me MAD!
    alright, I have crawling speed in first gear, and putting it in 2nd, nothing happens because
    goddamn autoclutch!
    what? the autoclutch only engages to keep the engine at its idle rpm.

15. Post #2295
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,767 Posts

goddamn autoclutch!
    Your gear ratios likely aren't enough to power the vehicle. Unless it's moving at a nice 20 mph or so, the gear change won't do anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

16. Post #2296
    Quality over quantity.
    August 2010
    882 Posts
    what? the autoclutch only engages to keep the engine at its idle rpm.
    How so? Because it goes off as I give enough throttle to keep it 300-400 under it's max idle
    RPM...

Your gear ratios likely aren't enough to power the vehicle. Unless it's moving at a nice 20 mph or so, the gear change won't do anything.
    My gearchange is automatic, when it hits say 10MPH it should change, but as the autocluch goes off, it hits second and then goes slowly down in speed because the autoclutch prevents it from gaining more speed.

17. Post #2297
    January 2012
    179 Posts
    Hey you.

Edited:

http://shadowscions-construction-pro....com/svn/trunk

Edited:

I was told you had a VW Beetle fetish.
    I randomly checked in on this thread after not being active in it (or played gmod very much) in two years.

I wanna get into building again but I don't remember anything about chassis making and I've lost all my E2's.

Also I saw those new pipes, anyone got a download link for those or are they not released for public yet?

There is the link to shadow's thread for his SProps:
    http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1201734
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events

18. Post #2298
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,767 Posts
    How so? Because it goes off as I give enough throttle to keep it 300-400 under it's max idle
    RPM...

My gearchange is automatic, when it hits say 10MPH it should change, but as the autocluch goes off, it hits second and then goes slowly down in speed because the autoclutch prevents it from gaining more speed.
    No, your vehicle goes down in speed because your second gear isn't strong enough to power it.

19. Post #2299
    July 2012
    74 Posts
    wouldnt it be cool and useful if there where a rear view mirror model pack? cuz i always have the biggest issues with rear view mirrors whenever im modeling cars and books just dont do it for me anymore :/ u know what ive got a 4 hour drive comin up to a camp site in colorado so if u care pose some rear view mirrors you would thing to be commonly used and low poly. ive got 1 hour b4 i leave so post away if you care ^^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #2300
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    i would suggest holograms for such a thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

21. Post #2301
    Quality over quantity.
    August 2010
    882 Posts
    No, your vehicle goes down in speed because your second gear isn't strong enough to power it.
    It's plenty strong enough, in first gear I scale almost every slope there is, but when it hits around 15 km/h the engine gives 0 power untill it's around 7 km/h. Then the autoclutch turns off and pushes it up to 15 again and repeats.

I'm using a 0.025 gear reduction in first for it to be able to crawl and 0.05 in second.

22. Post #2302
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,767 Posts
    Too big a gap, set your second gear to .03 or something.

23. Post #2303
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    is it the autoclutch when you're at the redline or what? acf engines stop making power at the engine's max speed, just like a real engine does.

24. Post #2304
    Quality over quantity.
    August 2010
    882 Posts
    I'm way below engine redline... but I'll try to go even lower...

25. Post #2305
    July 2012
    74 Posts
    i would suggest holograms for such a thing
    i guess you could if you so chose to but thats just more poly than the models would turn out to be causing more RSO. plus some people have issues with holos and it cause them to get around 9fps when looking at a simple holo cube. i had that issue about a year ago... gah i couldn't even look in that direction -.-" but did people care? bah no gmod is like texas. so i had to sit in a garage and never leave it until the next wire update. but im straying from the subject again. its just too much of a hassle to go through all those holos and e2's just to get one simple prop that should just be a prop without any scripts n stuff in it. same concept as wheel packs right? different sises and styles to make them look cool. the look of them doesnt even matter any more since wheel2 and makespherical came out but im talking both rear view mirrors that are on the sides and the one that is in the middle... whatever you callem
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #2306
    August 2009
    1,152 Posts
    The fps drop is caused by extremely old wiremod installs from before the new models were implemented. You can fix it by deleting the 'models/holograms' folder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #2307
    July 2012
    74 Posts
    The fps drop is caused by extremely old wiremod installs from before the new models were implemented. You can fix it by deleting the 'models/holograms' folder.
    yes i fixed that about a year ago ALSO shadow mind scaling and mirroring some models and importing them for me? because i am noob and you are far superior in all ways :|
    plus m making some rear view mirrors when i get finished with all of them... btw heres the jeeps mirrors first (of course) then imma do some xj mirrors then maybe some prius mirrors.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

28. Post #2308
    September 2011
    61 Posts
    Hey, first I would like to thank all the contributors, I learned so much in here.

Second:

No chassis because no steering and no steering because Havok physics. Whenever I hit 86 Kph, the rotor blades glitch and slow down, even though everything is no-collided.

Any ideas?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #2309
    July 2012
    74 Posts
    No chassis because no steering and no steering because Havok physics. Whenever I hit 86 Kph, the rotor blades glitch and slow down, even though everything is no-collided.

Any ideas?
    check your weights? lower the fin efficiency? and for steering use an apply angle e2... i would give one to you except im on vacation on a mac :| and this thing SUCKS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

30. Post #2310
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,568 Posts
    on a mac... ...this thing SUCKS.
    No need to repeat yourself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #2311
    March 2009
    351 Posts
    Thats the Medium version.. small and big is comming
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #2312
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    that model isn't too shabby actually. smooth out the exhaust a bit and fix the UVing, i'll get it on the SVN. I've got sounds and shit for 1/2 cyl engines. ACF engines don't need to be pretty, but they just have to at least convey what they are, can always add props for further prettying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #2313

September 2011
    107 Posts
    Would anyone be able to point me to a tutorial or something on converting models from 3dsmax? I would love to help out with modeling a heap of stuff.

Also WW1 rotary engines would be cool, but I guess then it would need animating or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #2314

March 2011
    37 Posts

My first attempt at something that's not a plane, worked on this for an hour or 2, but i don't think I'll get anymore progress done tonight :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

35. Post #2315
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    Would anyone be able to point me to a tutorial or something on converting models from 3dsmax? I would love to help out with modeling a heap of stuff.

Also WW1 rotary engines would be cool, but I guess then it would need animating or something.
    milkshape is what you would use to convert to source

36. Post #2316
    September 2011
    61 Posts
    check your weights? lower the fin efficiency? and for steering use an apply angle e2... i would give one to you except im on vacation on a mac :| and this thing SUCKS.
    Weights are ok, the thing works, the only problem is the physics speed limit (or whatever the hell is mocking me) so if I lowered the fin effeciency, it would go even slower, wouldn't it..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events

37. Post #2317
    March 2008
    9,957 Posts
    Sorry for shitting up this thread with even more off-topic posts but this is the best place to ask:

During the last two years has there been any new tools, maps, modelpacks (except for SProps which I obviously have now) that are... good or a must-have if you will?

38. Post #2318
    ~Tital~
    July 2009
    1,194 Posts
    The first post had some stuff on it that could be of use.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #2319
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,568 Posts
    I think MakeSpherical is a pretty recent must-have.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #2320
    November 2005
    511 Posts
    Sorry for off topic but I have to ask: Is there any way to chose where should be center of MakeSphericaled props? If there is no option in lua then I think there is a bypass (which I used once or twice but It could be easier if it was inside the tool): create small prop in a center of choosen wheel, make its sphere as huge as is that wheel and then parent that wheel to that small prop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)