1. Post #2481
    Quality over quantity.
    August 2010
    883 Posts
    Will you calm down the both of you, and have a cup of tea.

wtf pageking... will try to have some content... soon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events

2. Post #2482
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    My coding works. It isn't pretty but it works well and makes sense to me. I don't care if it makes sense to anyone else or looks pretty or that i wrote the bulk of it almost a year ago. That's not relevant.
    On the "120ms", I knew exactly what you meant. You misunderstood me. Referring to the op/s, I'm referring to the fact that increasing speed over the same roughness of terrain requires more ops. You have to maintain a certain amount of information on the ground regardless of speed; if you go faster you have to refresh that information faster to maintain the same information on ground conditions. It's not too different from the exposure on a camera.

Your assumption is absurd. There were holo track things back in like 2009. I never intended to replicate that. I never claimed to be the first and I have no competition with you because I'm doing something completely different in application; apart from being both holo track chips they have different priorities and goals. I'm giving out for free a simple, no frills easy-to-use tool to the community. I've done the things you're doing and found why they weren't needed. I don't particularly care about what you make, and I don't particularly care about you. not trying to be harsh, but really, I just don't care. Stop getting butthurt and pissy.

Stop acting like a twat, get off your high horse, and stifle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #2483
    ~Tital~
    July 2009
    1,194 Posts
    Why here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

4. Post #2484
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    it's a fucking video game, not rocket science.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #2485
    July 2010
    2,598 Posts
    My coding works. It isn't pretty but it works well and makes sense to me. I don't care if it makes sense to anyone else or looks pretty or that i wrote the bulk of it almost a year ago. That's not relevant.
    On the "120ms", I knew exactly what you meant. You misunderstood me. Referring to the op/s, I'm referring to the fact that increasing speed over the same roughness of terrain requires more ops. You have to maintain a certain amount of information on the ground regardless of speed; if you go faster you have to refresh that information faster to maintain the same information on ground conditions. It's not too different from the exposure on a camera.

Your assumption is absurd. There were holo track things back in like 2009. I never intended to replicate that. I never claimed to be the first and I have no competition with you because I'm doing something completely different in application; apart from being both holo track chips they have different priorities and goals. I'm giving out for free a simple, no frills easy-to-use tool to the community. I've done the things you're doing and found why they weren't needed. I don't particularly care about what you make, and I don't particularly care about you. not trying to be harsh, but really, I just don't care. Stop getting butthurt and pissy.

Stop acting like a twat, get off your high horse, and stifle.
    If you don't particularly care about what I make why did you start this? And what exactly have you done that I am doing that you found out weren't needed? No, scratch that.
    I don't want to waste more time on you, arguing on the internet just makes both of us look like idiots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

6. Post #2486
    August 2009
    1,180 Posts
    8 new posts in the WIP thread, lets see what wonderful contraptions people are bui.......oh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

7. Post #2487
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    954 Posts
    8 new posts in the WIP thread, lets see what wonderful contraptions people are bui.......oh.
    exactly what i said <3

8. Post #2488
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    366 Posts
    Some content.

Material sucks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 11Winner Winner x 2 (list)

9. Post #2489
    October 2011
    123 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner x 10Artistic x 2Useful x 1Optimistic x 1Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #2490
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,593 Posts
    It's like an Austin martin Vantage and a 1st Gen Benz SLK had a baby. I love it.

11. Post #2491
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    welcome to facepunch.

I didn't mean to start drama. Oh well.

12. Post #2492
    November 2009
    2,129 Posts
    Tanks are serious business
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #2493
    Bestest polish IFAPer
    February 2007
    5,010 Posts

buggy stuff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

14. Post #2494
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    what would everyone think if I added tools pertaining to acf to the acf svn?
    things like the acf mass tools, makespherical, visclip, etc (they're all seprate svns and it'll be good to keep all servers with svn pretty equal)

i'll obviously rename the tools so they won't conflict with servers who have the existing tools (owners can just remove the other ones)

the tools i wish to include are rarely updated, so it's not like it'll be painful

would you be ok with this, Falcqn? I can just talk to TGI on steam

I don't really think any of the authors will give a fuck, I will be sure to fully credit them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

15. Post #2495

September 2011
    107 Posts
    It's like an Austin martin Vantage and a 1st Gen Benz SLK had a baby. I love it.
    I'm guessing it's one of them Volvo P1800 things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

16. Post #2496
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    good idea.

17. Post #2497
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    it is done. ACF now includes a bunch of shit to help keep all acf servers pretty equal so peoples stuff will work everywhere that has acf.

Current list

if anyone has any ideas for stuff to add, let me know. I'm adding things that cause vehicles to not work on servers that don't have the usual things (like spheres, visclip, etc)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #2498
    January 2008
    1,115 Posts
    Here's my crosshair code, gives you a nice circle with dot inside that you connect up to your cannon and an EGP hud.

Code:
    @name Tank Crosshair 2
    @inputs Cannon:entity E:wirelink
    @outputs 

interval(100)

E:egp3DTracker(1,Cannon:pos()+Cannon:forward()*100000000)
    E:egpCircleOutline(2, vec2(), vec2(15,15))
    E:egpCircle(3, vec2(), vec2(3,3))

E:egpParent(2,1)
    E:egpParent(3,0)
    Edited:

Well I say mine, I mean az's
    Correct me if I'm wrong; I haven't used EGP before, but you really shouldn't be creating new objects or even parenting them each interval.
    Code:
    @name Tank Crosshair 2
    @inputs Cannon:entity E:wirelink
    @outputs 

interval(100)

if (first())
    {
        E:egp3DTracker(1, Cannon:pos()+Cannon:forward()*100000000)
        E:egpCircleOutline(2, vec2(0,0), vec2(15,15))
        E:egpCircle(3, vec2(0,0), vec2(3,3))
        E:egpParent(2,1)
        E:egpParent(3,0)
    }

E:egpPos(1, Cannon:pos()+Cannon:forward()*100000000)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #2499
    Quality over quantity.
    August 2010
    883 Posts
    it is done. ACF now includes a bunch of shit to help keep all acf servers pretty equal so peoples stuff will work everywhere that has acf.

Current list

if anyone has any ideas for stuff to add, let me know. I'm adding things that cause vehicles to not work on servers that don't have the usual things (like spheres, visclip, etc)
    It's great that you're making a list of all tools so that it will be easier to find, but one think I'm not so fond of is using ACF as a package name for all of them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

20. Post #2500
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    they have the name ACF and their tool names are changed to have the ACF prefix so they won't interfere with existing tools
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #2501
    November 2005
    511 Posts
    Time for another huge truck!

Just kidding:

Powered with 1300cc Single, weighs 200kg, and has 55 props.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 12Winner Winner x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #2502
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,015 Posts

Current list

Not entirely happy with you taking my tool and slapping "ACF" on the front of it to be honest..
    Also, what's to guarantee it's the latest version?

Edited:

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for getting those tools included in the ACF SVN, they're really useful. My only issue is that the people who made them (myself included) might not be okay with them being rebranded as "ACF" tools, and also included in that SVN without their permission.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #2503
    January 2009
    3,911 Posts
    snip

24. Post #2504
    Bestest polish IFAPer
    February 2007
    5,010 Posts

Awright, I finally got something that looks like a closed car and it works nicely. Current prop count is 96 and I'll leave it like that as economy version, more details will be made soon...

5.7l V8 petrol, 4 gears, 4 wheel drive, speeds up to 96 km/h
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #2505
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,593 Posts
    Not entirely happy with you taking my tool and slapping "ACF" on the front of it to be honest..
    Oh dear, I had just figured Karbine went around and got permission from the creators.

yeah, that's some shady stuff you tried to pull, Karb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #2506

July 2012
    6 Posts
    Jackponi didnt rate it? Wtf man.

And nice nerves right there jack :--D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Useful Useful x 1 (list)

27. Post #2507
    kp3
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,986 Posts
    I'm trying to create one of these forklifts too but I can't get mine to lift for shit. What can I use other than hydraulics? Even if I set the constant ridiculously high it doesn't even nudge it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #2508
    May 2007
    176 Posts
    Just to make a point, GGG is severely out-of-date...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #2509
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,593 Posts
    Jackponi didnt rate it? Wtf man.

And nice nerves right there jack :--D
    Wat are you even talking about
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #2510
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    A sound pack might be useful. Most acf things have tracks or wheels. So maybe a part of the tank sound pack or Maxplay's if they ok it & my sound pack, just the treads, would be a nice addition. Just my $0.02.

Edited:

Imma try to find some more track sounds.

Edited:

I'm trying to create one of these forklifts too but I can't get mine to lift for shit. What can I use other than hydraulics? Even if I set the constant ridiculously high it doesn't even nudge it.
    you need to change the length

Edited:

wait isn't there a way you can add an svn link to an svn and have it update from there? Like you update one folder and it automatically updates part of the folder from another svn? Could we use that?

31. Post #2511
    November 2005
    511 Posts
    I wanted to add your sounds Reaper but your have seperated startup from idle. If you could send me orginal files maybe I could make them full (startup+idle and smoth ending).

And feel free to add MaxPlay sound pack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

32. Post #2512
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,593 Posts
    Doesn't Karbine have a pretty expansive tank sound pack (tracks, idle, etc) on Garrysmod.org? Or have you guys explored that route?

33. Post #2513
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    Oh dear, I had just figured Karbine went around and got permission from the creators.

yeah, that's some shady stuff you tried to pull, Karb.
    the fuck do you mean shady, i had to put that name in front of it so it doesn't conflict with people who already have the tools and don't remove the duplicates. you guys really don't understand how fucking dumb your average server owner is. I branded the acf svn with about 50 readmes saying to install two folders a certain way and EVERYONE misses them. everything is fully credited. if you're that worried about it i'll take it off.

most server owners can't be bothered to sift through this thread to find the only links to the svns that contain things like makesphere, so i'm trying to make it easier.

Edited:

$5 says no one has read the current readme with the credits in it. I didn't credit jojobull's wheels because his pack of wheels are not his
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #2514
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,593 Posts
    Shady as in it looked as though you were making a ~Garrysmod Addon Pack~ without consulting with the makers of the addons in the first place. It was my understanding that such actions were frowned upon in the community.

Now that you explained your intentions more thoroughly, I see what you were trying to do, but it still seemed a bit iffy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #2515
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    the tools weren't even supposed to be committed yet, but i somehow hit commit and it uploaded them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #2516
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    650 Posts
    For the life of me i can't get anything with a transmission over 5 mph... =,=
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #2517
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,826 Posts
    Are you using the right gear ratios?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

38. Post #2518
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    650 Posts
    Are you using the right gear ratios?
    I seriously doubt it. After 4 days of toying with weights and combinations and ratios, i feel like i need one on one tutoring...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

39. Post #2519
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,826 Posts
    Well, depending on how heavy your creation is, you might want to set the first gear ratio to 0.01 (make sure you manually drag the bar, typing it in doesn't do anything). 0.01 is usually enough to get the engine going, though most of the time it's assisted by wheels.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #2520
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,222 Posts
    fun with tanks (and non-standard weaponry)!

Chasing a breakable car with hologram ballistics chip (it did not escape)

I turned up the bullet tracer scale and maxed out the fire rate; it's an explosive flamethrower! fun for all the family! (fun = 4th degree burns)

badassss

also working on a chip that allows instant change of tank colour scheme. three presets; desert, woodland and cats
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)