1. Post #201
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    5,590 Posts
    Your little machinegun, reposting for new page. Many people requested it, but it seems to have been lost among the other posts. Enjoy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

2. Post #202
    October 2010
    1,115 Posts
    Found an old box of .22 magnum hollow point

I wonder if they're still good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #203
    They will probably be fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

4. Post #204
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,144 Posts
    Just thought I should tell you guys,

I've been converted to the ways of the Hoppes #9.

I am now a believer, hallelujah!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #205
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    1,640 Posts
    As promised, my new Sig! .40 SP2022. Threw in my 1911 as a bonus

And in fine Facepunch Firearms tradition, pens through the trigger guards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #206
    April 2011
    2,778 Posts
    I like that vintage look on the 1911. Very nice grips.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #207
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    1,640 Posts
    I like that vintage look on the 1911. Very nice grips.
    Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #208
    Absolute tosser, manchild, and belligerent douche-nozzle.
    July 2006
    6,664 Posts

Uhh, 2000fps? That seems a bit much... The fastest I've seen were 1800fps

Edited:

Wait, .22 magnum, makes sense
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

9. Post #209
    July 2010
    749 Posts
    Faze youtube has this amazing thing called a search bar, try it some time yeah?

Also another good channel is lifesizedpotato he mostly collects weird looking pistols, disasembles them, reviews them and a some history on them etc great quality channel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

10. Post #210
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    5,590 Posts
    Speaking of interesting youtube channels, I almost forgot Drake.
    If a weapon served in anything before and including World War 2, he probably has it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

11. Post #211
    Faze youtube has this amazing thing called a search bar, try it some time yeah?

Also another good channel is lifesizedpotato he mostly collects weird looking pistols, disasembles them, reviews them and a some history on them etc great quality channel.
    I did that, I tried youtube.com/channelname and nothing was found. So someone is misspelling these, though I did find lifesizedpotato, spelled actually lifesizepotato.

12. Post #212
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,428 Posts
    theARMORYchannel just puts me in hysterics every time I watch it.

His stuff also makes FANTASTIC parody material.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

13. Post #213

Aw hell naw, don't shoot it
    Those are so old they're better as keepsakes/collectibles
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

14. Post #214
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,509 Posts
    Older Gerber stuff is good, but new productions are pretty tame (just like e.g. Remington).
    I don't keep up to date on knives, I'm basing my opinions on other people's Gerbers from the 90s, so yeah

15. Post #215
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,987 Posts
    local irishman in that same thread
    bord!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Ireland Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #216
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,245 Posts
    Went to the range today. Lots of fun, the Cowboy rifle was my favorite.

I need to tune myself up with the Glock though, I don't know what my problem was.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

17. Post #217
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BAKELITE FETISH
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts

>Ruger .22 cal model#(MK-1)standard w/4.75" tapered barrel. with fixed sites. crome trigger & magazine end cap. The grips are made of lt brown smooth wood.some handleing & holster wear & some minor metal scraches, but overall 75-85% condition. (low s/n 49xxx early 50's vintage)

>$230 + $35 s&h

Worth it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

18. Post #218
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,144 Posts

>Ruger .22 cal model#(MK-1)standard w/4.75" tapered barrel. with fixed sites. crome trigger & magazine end cap. The grips are made of lt brown smooth wood.some handleing & holster wear & some minor metal scraches, but overall 75-85% condition. (low s/n 49xxx early 50's vintage)

>$230 + $35 s&h

Worth it?
    I would say so. The ones that I find through my searching run about that or around fifty bucks more, so you've found a rather good deal.

Does it come with anything else?

Edited:

By the way, has anyone here ever done a private purchase? I'm incredibly nervous, and I know we're meeting in a public place, but still, any suggestions?

19. Post #219
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    1,640 Posts
    I would say so. The ones that I find through my searching run about that or around fifty bucks more, so you've found a rather good deal.

Does it come with anything else?

Edited:

By the way, has anyone here ever done a private purchase? I'm incredibly nervous, and I know we're meeting in a public place, but still, any suggestions?
    Take a friend with and just be chill about it. And make sure it's a very public place. The last FTF gun buy I did was in a restaurant parking lot.

And don't advertise it. Don't wave the weapon around, or make any obvious indications that you're looking at a weapon. Some people get spooked easy.

20. Post #220
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,144 Posts
    Take a friend with and just be chill about it. And make sure it's a very public place. The last FTF gun buy I did was in a restaurant parking lot.

And don't advertise it. Don't wave the weapon around, or make any obvious indications that you're looking at a weapon. Some people get spooked easy.
    That sounds like a good suggestion. I've got a few friends willing to come with me and I've already arranged for it to be in a public place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

21. Post #221
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,270 Posts

Nothing illegal about conducting a private sale as long as you're following the same protocol and laws as a regular retail buy.

my main tip is just be extremely cautious, if it does not feel right do not go for it. I knew a guy who said the person said go to one location and then changed it at last second. His gut told him something wasn't right and just told the guy he was no longer interested and couldn't make it. He didn't go, and later on in the week he saw a warning/news article that someone was robbed by a armed suspect in the same exact location the dude changed it too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #222

October 2011
    361 Posts
    Yes, several. Talk to the seller on the phone first to get an idea of what they're like, and to make sure they're not shady. I suggest meeting in a public place such as a Walmart parking lot. Some people will get scared if they see someone with a gun, so just park far away from everyone else, and the other person can park next to you. When inspecting the gun, sit in your car and do it. Don't just take it from the seller and start looking at it in the open because then someone will probably see it and call the police.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

23. Post #223
    October 2010
    1,115 Posts
    Aw hell naw, don't shoot it
    Those are so old they're better as keepsakes/collectibles
    Who buys old ammo? I can understand stuff WWII-era and older, but I doubt this stuff is pre 1960's, probably from the 70's.

Edited:

And as far as private sales go, just don't be a retard, meet in a public-ish place and is possible, write up a bill-of-sale.

Last time I bought a gray market gun I used a bill of sale forum, mainly detailing the serial number and condition of the weapon so if need be it can be referenced.

24. Post #224
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,144 Posts
    Yes, several. Talk to the seller on the phone first to get an idea of what they're like, and to make sure they're not shady. I suggest meeting in a public place such as a Walmart parking lot. Some people will get scared if they see someone with a gun, so just park far away from everyone else, and the other person can park next to you. When inspecting the gun, sit in your car and do it. Don't just take it from the seller and start looking at it in the open because then someone will probably see it and call the police.
    To be honest, I'm not horribly nervous. The guy sounded pretty normal over the phone, and he lives in one of the wealthier parts of Arizona. When I asked him if he had any objections to selling to an 18yr old because it was a private transaction he sounded rather confused and said something along the lines of "why would I, it's the law" and he also said he requires two different forms of Arizona ID, so it sounds decently legit.

Edited:

Actually, one more question: Check or cash?

25. Post #225
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,270 Posts
    Who buys old ammo? I can understand stuff WWII-era and older, but I doubt this stuff is pre 1960's, probably from the 70's.
    Always a market for this stuff, plus he can hold on to it for a while and sell it later.

It was made by the Olin Mathieson chemical corporation. Which was founded in 1892, then they began making ammo in 1898. Then they opened up a brass mill for the war, later on afterwords they went to more tailor-made stuff for more quality of ammo. In 1931 they partnered up with Winchester to soon i guess go bankrupt or something like that due to some dodgy choices. If I understand right they sold that area of the company off in 1931.

Seeing as that box has original company name and does not say any other company's name it may be from the early 1900's.

It is a vintaage box though, it may not be worth a whole not. But it looks fairly decent condition and has ammo with is till. So that may up the value, but there isn't anything overly amazing about it. Still cool.

To be honest, I'm not horribly nervous. The guy sounded pretty normal over the phone, and he lives in one of the wealthier parts of Arizona. When I asked him if he had any objections to selling to an 18yr old because it was a private transaction he sounded rather confused and said something along the lines of "why would I, it's the law" and he also said he requires two different forms of Arizona ID, so it sounds decently legit.

Edited:

Actually, one more question: Check or cash?
    Cash, anyone with a lick of sense will not accept a check. I sure as hell wouldn't, what is to stop someone for passing a hot check. They get the gun and when i go to the bank the check bounces, not cool.

Just keep the cash on you, don't take it out till you've both agreed to the sale. If you got a buddy with you, you should be fine.

ALSO, get the idea of someone coming from a weather area is a legit or good guy. Rich assholes are just as bad a poor assholes, an asshole is an asshole and if they're going to scam they'll do it no matter what background of area.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

26. Post #226
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,144 Posts
    Alright, sounds good. How does this look as a Bill of Sale?

http://texasguntrader.com/billofsale.pdf

http://www.freebillofsaleform.org/fr...ll-of-sale.rtf

27. Post #227
    October 2010
    1,115 Posts
    I like the second one more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #228
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,270 Posts
    Bill of sale never hurts, I like the second one it is more like a legal document. Use the second one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #229
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,144 Posts
    Bill of sale never hurts, I like the second one it is more like a legal document. Use the second one.
    Aye aye, El Capitan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #230
    October 2010
    1,115 Posts
    And bring a nice pen
    Not one of those shitty Bic ones, a clicky top.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #231
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,398 Posts
    As promised, my new Sig! .40 SP2022. Threw in my 1911 as a bonus

And in fine Facepunch Firearms tradition, pens through the trigger guards.
    I showed that pic to a friend to admire the 1911, and he questioned the pen thing. So I briefly informed him of the story behind it. He loved it so much he decided to give me some pics as his contribution.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 26 (list)

32. Post #232
    Premature Joculation
    April 2009
    7,858 Posts
    What is the original story behind the pen-in-trigger?

33. Post #233
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,144 Posts
    What is the original story behind the pen-in-trigger?
    Someone posted a picture of their guns held up with pens in the trigger-guard. This caused a fellow FP'er to freak out about trigger safety or something along those lines.

It was then followed by post after post of people taking pictures of their guns with pens in the trigger-guard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 3Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #234
    What fun is there in making sense?
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    I think I posted the pic that started it all.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #235
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,144 Posts
    Which lead to a bit of "omgwtfbbq trigger discipline/safety/bullshit".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

36. Post #236
    July 2006
    6,664 Posts
    OMG TRIGGER DISCAPLINE PEOPLE!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

37. Post #237
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    I was going to not post in here until i got my firearms id card but my dad informed me i should hold off until we *hopefully* get a new chief of police so its not such a pain to get the card.

So uh hi.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #238
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,805 Posts
    hnnnnnnng

I hoped the fucking gun permit would come in this week but my dad called the police station and they said we have to wait about an extra 10 days.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I WANT MY MOSIN
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

39. Post #239
    July 2006
    6,664 Posts
    hnnnnnnng

I hoped the fucking gun permit would come in this week but my dad called the police station and they said we have to wait about an extra 10 days.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I WANT MY MOSIN
    I'm still waiting for my premission to train from SA Police
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

40. Post #240
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,805 Posts
    I'm still waiting for my premission to train from SA Police
    Our government is useless at everything to do with guns.

I bet there's some fat bastard who takes 6 hours to approve each damn permit and then they have to take a shit/drink coffee/suck on their fucking maccas between every single permit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)