1. Post #4321
    i am pretty calm actually
    eating noodles and stuff

what you don't seem to realise is that you don't need a bandoleer full of 20/30-rounders and the ability to mag change in an instant

the russians aren't invading
    Wasn't saying people were invading. But the economy here is going to be destroyed by the time my unborn kids hit adolescence. Ever hear of the LA riots? That will be a Swedish massage compared to what will come.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

2. Post #4322
    there's no surplus?

Edited:

Wasn't saying people were invading. But the economy here is going to be destroyed by the time my unborn kids hit adolescence. Ever hear of the LA riots? That will be a Swedish massage compared to what will come.
    see a psychologist. seriously.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 2 (list)

3. Post #4323

January 2010
    1,271 Posts
    Read the news, watch the paper. The economy is slowly but surely strengthening.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #4324
    Connoisseur of Maple Syrup, Guns, and Sex Toys
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    Fuck. Dude. Prussel. Shut up and let him have his fun.

If he wants a fucking 30 round magazine let him have a 30 round magazine.

what the fuck are you the fun police?

Calm your tits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #4325
    there's no surplus?

Edited:

see a psychologist. seriously.
    There are 700rd tins on there.

I don't need a shrink, seriously.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #4326
    ahahahahahahahahhahaha. If the fucking economy collapses shit isn't going to go all road-warrior and if it does you're sure as shit not going to be mad max.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #4327
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    there's no surplus?
    http://www.jgsales.com/7.62x39-brown...s.-p-1300.html

this looks like surplus to me

8. Post #4328
    ...barnaul isn't surplus?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

9. Post #4329
    ahahahahahahahahhahaha. If the fucking economy collapses shit isn't going to go all road-warrior and if it does you're sure as shit not going to be mad max.
    A black guy was beaten by cops, which sparked mass rioting, murder, looting and all kinds of fun stuff. An economic collapse will be much worse.

Do PM me to discuss further as that is off topic.

10. Post #4330
    Fuck. Dude. Prussel. Shut up and let him have his fun.

If he wants a fucking 30 round magazine let him have a 30 round magazine.

what the fuck are you the fun police?

Calm your tits.
    it's more about being a paranoid schizophrenic certain that he'll need to kill people rather than owning 30 round mags
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #4331
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    ...barnaul isn't surplus?
    It's a shitload of ammo for a relatively cheap price. "Surplus" to me.

That's what I mean by 'surplus'

Cheap as fuck with lots of it

12. Post #4332
    It's a shitload of ammo for a relatively cheap price. "Surplus" to me.

That's what I mean by 'surplus'

Cheap as fuck with lots of it
    surplus is ammo is military ammo that is no longer fit or intended for military use, so it's sold off to civilians

barnaul/wolf is civilian ammo manufactured in factories previously used to manufacture ammunition and ordnance for military use

they're just boxes of hunting ammo sealed up in cans. it's easier to store, ship and handle the ammo that way.

13. Post #4333
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,609 Posts
    How cheap?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

14. Post #4334
    Ehh... How about 600-700?

15. Post #4335
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,609 Posts
    I'm pretty sure you can get kits for about that much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #4336
    if you're paying $600-700 you're paying for a century or a rifle of similar quality.

17. Post #4337
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,609 Posts
    it's more about being a paranoid schizophrenic certain that he'll need to kill people rather than owning 30 round mags
    >Someone wants 30 round magazines in case of severe civil unrest
    > HE MUST BE A PSYCHOPATH!

Leave
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

18. Post #4338
    >Someone wants 30 round magazines in case of severe civil unrest
    > HE MUST BE A PSYCHOPATH!

Leave
    No?
    he, a civilian, not a soldier or member of a paramilitary, rebel group or insurgent group stated that in case of a firefight he needed multiple high capacity mags. does that sound like something a regular person would say?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

19. Post #4339
    No?
    he, a civilian, not a soldier or member of a paramilitary, rebel group or insurgent group stated that in case of a firefight he needed multiple high capacity mags. does that sound like something a regular person would say?
    I want a magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds. Get the fuck over it and be helpful for fuck's sake.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #4340
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,413 Posts
    Whatever, some people are a bit more picky on what they want.

Edited:

and be helpful for fuck's sake.
    I'm sorry but I haven't seen you be helpful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #4341
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    surplus is ammo is military ammo that is no longer fit or intended for military use, so it's sold off to civilians

barnaul/wolf is civilian ammo manufactured in factories previously used to manufacture ammunition and ordnance for military use

they're just boxes of hunting ammo sealed up in cans. it's easier to store, ship and handle the ammo that way.
    I know what surplus is I just call cheap ammo with lots of it in those tins 'surplus' because it's easier than 'loads of cheap ammo' and they are usually colloquial terms.

22. Post #4342
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,726 Posts
    No?
    Need no, want yes.

Because mag dumps are fun and you are a bad person if you disagree

23. Post #4343
    I want a magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds. Get the fuck over it and be helpful for fuck's sake.
    Dude, chill the fuck out.
    give me one actual argument for why you need to be able to hold more than 10 rounds at a time
    you can reload while plinking
    you can reload while doing sporting shooting
    you shouldn't be keeping 10 rounds loaded while hunting

if the gun you're getting is one you get since it can hold >10 rounds at a time simply because "i need to be able to defend myself without reloading" then you should move to a place that doesn't make you feel threatened and/or get an appointment with a certified psychologist
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #4344
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    Whatever, some people are a bit more picky on what they want.

Edited:

I'm sorry but I haven't seen you be helpful.
    He's given me a link to a website that has ammo for my nagant revolver for half of what I was paying for it.

That's helpful IMO

Edited:

give me one actual argument for why you need to be able to hold more than 10 rounds at a time
    you can reload while plinking
    you can reload while doing sporting shooting
    you shouldn't be keeping 10 rounds loaded while hunting

if the gun you're getting is one you get since it can hold >10 rounds at a time simply because "i need to be able to defend myself without reloading" then you should move to a place that doesn't make you feel threatened and/or get an appointment with a certified psychologist
    how about 'its fun'

leave the guy alone god damn

25. Post #4345
    January 2009
    190 Posts
    check this out it has a 16 round tubeular magazine that you don't even have to remove and fiddle around with so you can reload pretty fast, and on top of that it isn't made by Belgians
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #4346
    how about 'its fun'

leave the guy alone god damn
    how about he calms down and stop using big rude bad words just because i find the idea of having being able to fire many hundred rounds at human targets in rapid succession is unsettling and abnormal?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

27. Post #4347
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,609 Posts
    or get an appointment with a certified psychologist
    You have no clue how stupid this is making you sound. You suddenly feel the need to say "GO SEE A PSYCHOLOGIST BECAUSE YOU WANT MORE THAN 10 ROUNDS IN YOUR MAGAZINE! I'M A GUN EXPERT I KNOW THIS".

Your title is all too true.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #4348
    Absolute tosser, manchild, and belligerent douche-nozzle.
    July 2006
    6,952 Posts
    I'm gone for 90 minutes and shit hits the fan
    Both of you are dumb, Prusselusken for thinking there is no need for decent magazines, and going on about how shit one of the most popular battle rifles of all time is, and Faze for thinking the world is certainly going to end. It's not, or at least it's very unlikely. Good to be prepared but not to the levels some people go to
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

29. Post #4349
    You have no clue how stupid this is making you sound. You suddenly feel the need to say "GO SEE A PSYCHOLOGIST BECAUSE YOU WANT MORE THAN 10 ROUNDS IN YOUR MAGAZINE! I'M A GUN EXPERT I KNOW THIS".

Your title is all too true.
    it's not about having more than 10 rounds in a magazine. it's about him claiming he needs more than 10 rounds in each magazine because he needs to shoot at people.

two completely different issues. i have a 25 round mag for a 10/22 just behind me and i intend to buy more. i'm buying them because they're alright to have for sporting uses, not because i need to shoot at russians, FEMA officers and/or looters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

30. Post #4350
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,413 Posts
    Prussleusken-Faze, Just kiss and make up every time you two get into it the thread gets derailed for two pages.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #4351
    check this out it has a 16 round tubeular magazine that you don't even have to remove and fiddle around with so you can reload pretty fast, and on top of that it isn't made by Belgians
    I have a 22 mag already. Not really practical for a SHTF situation.

Edited:

Both of you are dumb
    No, I'm really not. Being prepared and being paranoid are different things.

32. Post #4352
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    You're using big rude bad words too Prussel.

Just take a deep breath, calm down, and help me choose what I should buy from the last page. Kay? Kay.

33. Post #4353
    Absolute tosser, manchild, and belligerent douche-nozzle.
    July 2006
    6,952 Posts
    Faze, an ak in 5.56x45mm might be a better option. Reliable, and a very common round the west, plus the ammo is lighter than 308

Edit:

I still think your senario is dumb though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

34. Post #4354

Just take a deep breath, calm down, and help me choose what I should buy from the last page. Kay? Kay.
    actually no i'm not telling people to "get the fuck out" or "chill the fuck down" :-)

if the AK-MV(??) doesn't have proprietary parts then maybe it would be a good idea?

i wouldn't feel too comfortable with buying a norinco, nor the chink m44

i'd get either the AK or the M91-30 with the PU.

35. Post #4355
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,413 Posts
    actually no i'm not telling people to "get the fuck out" or "chill the fuck down" :-)

if the AK-MV(??) doesn't have proprietary parts then maybe it would be a good idea?

Of course a different caliber AK is going to have proprietary parts, You can't swap between an AKM variant and an AK-74 variant. If you're talking about furniture most will fit with some modification.

36. Post #4356
    Of course a different caliber AK is going to have proprietary parts, You can't swap between an AKM variant and an AK-74 variant. If you're talking about furniture most will fit with some modification.
    i'm not talking about differently sized parts, i'm talking about things like gas tubes, rivets and trunnions being made to fit only one gun or a line of guns from one specific manufacturer.

37. Post #4357

I'd get the scoped mosin nagant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

38. Post #4358
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts

It's imported from Circuo or whatever that big factory over there was. I made sure of it. So I would assume it does have the original parts.

What's wrong with Norico / Chinese Type 53s? As far as the JW-2000 goes, isn't there a Russian version as well? Any idea where I could find that?

Edited:

He's talking about my question concerning a Romanian AK-47 variant, the AK-MV.

39. Post #4359
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,334 Posts
    Stocking up on a half a garage of guns and ammo because "Hurr durr wurld end lol 2012" is retarded, you should be doing it because it pisses off Liberals, not because you're paranoid about an end that isn't coming.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #4360
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,413 Posts
    i'm not talking about differently sized parts, i'm talking about things like gas tubes, rivets and trunnions being made to fit only one gun or a line of guns from one specific manufacturer.
    Oh, sorry mis-understood.