626 Posts
    I'd say 8mm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #5882
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    What is the easiest to find round for a Mauser?
    the US M1917 is essentially a Mauser 1895 chambered in .30-06, but those are pretty hard to find. Otherwise, probably 7x57. You'll find that as either 7mm Mauser, 7x57 Mauser or .275 Rigby depending on where you live and what brand you're buying.

3. Post #5883
    Don't drunk i'm shoot!
    August 2010
    2,649 Posts
    So lets say i bought 440 rounds of 7.62 x 54r rounds and i don't have a can opener. How do i open a spam can

4. Post #5884
    Captain Armed Dildo, Master of Ratings
    February 2011
    5,543 Posts
    Don't they come with a can opener?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5885
    So lets say i bought 440 rounds of 7.62 x 54r rounds and i don't have a can opener. How do i open a spam can
    if you buy 2 cans that come in the crate, they come with a can opener. otherwise use a swiss army knife or just a conventional can opener.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

6. Post #5886
    Don't drunk i'm shoot!
    August 2010
    2,649 Posts
    Lips to big for the conventional can opener, telling me to open it with a knife doesn't help me at all either

7. Post #5887
    Lips to big for the conventional can opener, telling me to open it with a knife doesn't help me at all either
    Swiss army knife can opener, durr.
    If your can doesn't come with an opener (like it should, I bought 2 cans and it came in a wood crate with the can opener screwed to the lid of the crate) just grab a hammer and a flat head screwdriver and punch a decent sized hole, then grab a pair of tin snips and cut your way in.

8. Post #5888
    Captain Armed Dildo, Master of Ratings
    February 2011
    5,543 Posts
    Wirecutters after screwdriver and hammer.

9. Post #5889
    Premature Joculation
    April 2009
    7,932 Posts
    Use your bayonet, obviously.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

10. Post #5890
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    911 Posts
    What is the easiest to find round for a Mauser?

Also, I just left Cabela's. I was looking around in the fine gun room. I picked an HK91 out of the case, popped out the mag, and racked the charging handle. The attendant said "Please don't do that." I then put the gun back. A minute later, two probably 12-year-olds walked over and pulled it out, waving it around and shouting "Awesome it's a G3 just like in Call of Duty!" The attendant did nothing.

Besides that, they had some cool stuff like a Colt Dragoon, a Springfield trapdoor (that I also got yelled at for working the action), an M1 Garand, an M1 Carbine, an M1A in SOC16 configuration, a couple of Krags, a bunch of Winchester lever-actions, and an original Mosin sniper.

Edited:

Oh yeah, one of the workers didn't know what 45-70 Gov't was.
    "Please don't responsibly charge the weapon, but no sure go ahead obvious minor, wave it around like a dipshit and compare it to one of the worst games in history"

Edited:

What is this

I don't really know what the fuck it is but I want it. I really want it.

It looks like an SMG almost, but it's long enough to be a civilian legal carbine rifle. It fires 9mm and is only $300.

What the fuck is this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #5891
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,615 Posts

You're better off with a Sub-2000. They're cheap, take any 9mm Glock magazine, and can fold up quite easily.

Wonderful little carbines, I got to shoot one at a range and the recoil is near non-existant
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #5892
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    911 Posts
    What's a Sub-2000 cost?

Also:

I was watching some stupid pawn show at work and some guy brought in this gun that was like 8 fucking feet long. They said it was an English rifle, pretty sure they said matchlock though it could have been flintlock, and it was supposed to be fired with one person holding the end on their shoulder. Really big bore, probably between .75 to 1.0 calibre. Supposedly the stock was made from a solid piece of wood from one tree as well. They said that "They grew forests of trees specifically to make stocks for these guns"

But they didn't say what it was.

I tried and tried but I have NO IDEA what it was and the curiosity is killing me.

PRETTY SURE it was before the American colonisation. It looked like something they'd use to hunt elephants with for ivory except fucking massive.

Can you guys help me figure out what it was?

13. Post #5893
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    417 Posts

You're better off with a Sub-2000. They're cheap, take any 9mm Glock magazine, and can fold up quite easily.

Wonderful little carbines, I got to shoot one at a range and the recoil is near non-existant
    Costs about $300 to $350 retail. They are pretty hard to find right now. I've had an order out for about 6 months now...

14. Post #5894
    What fun is there in making sense?
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    Do you have a link to the aimpoint and the rail? I can't seem to find either.
    I have no idea where I bought the piece of rail from. As for the Aimpoint..

http://www.laruetactical.com/aimpoin...qd-mount-combo

15. Post #5895
    I have no idea where I bought the piece of rail from. As for the Aimpoint..

http://www.laruetactical.com/aimpoin...qd-mount-combo
    christ, 600$ for that little thing? You think it was worth the money? I was thinking of getting that springfield rail, even though it has the gap, I should be able to mount something like this http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/7730132P-1.html
    to start off with at the range, and to go hunting get this
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SCP504-1.html
    and if I prefer scopes to iron sights maybe move up to something like you linked me too. bad idea? Never realized these scopes and rails would cost so much so I don't want to drop 400$ on it and not like it.

16. Post #5896
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    911 Posts
    Why the fuck is that stupid little reflex sight $640?

What the fuck Ridge

That's an entire gun

AN ENTIRE GUN

17. Post #5897
    Absolute tosser, manchild, and belligerent douche-nozzle.
    July 2006
    6,958 Posts
    Because you should spend more than $200 on a sight. Cheap sights are crap, fuck. Stop bitching about how he chooses to spend his money
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

18. Post #5898
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    911 Posts
    Stop being a fucking prick and mind your own business download.

You don't need to spend $200+ on a fucking reflex sight. That's just STUPID. That's like buying a $15,000 escalade and putting a $5,000 set of rims on the goddamn thing.

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming / Calling someone a "fucking prick"" - Swebonny))

(User was permabanned for this post ("Alt of Ven Kaeo" - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 17Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #5899
    What fun is there in making sense?
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    Why the fuck is that stupid little reflex sight $640?

What the fuck Ridge

That's an entire gun

AN ENTIRE GUN
    Because I tend to attend combat carbine courses and I wanted something that I didn't have to worry about getting damaged or busted when I tossed it around.

20. Post #5900
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    911 Posts
    I don't really get that logic.

I would be MORE afraid of attending combat carbine courses with a $640 accessory attached to my gun.

I would be afraid of using the goddamn thing except for at a range.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #5901
    July 2006
    6,958 Posts

You don't need to spend $200+ on a fucking reflex sight. That's just STUPID. That's like buying a $15,000 escalade and putting a $5,000 set of rims on the goddamn thing.
    Talk about hypocritical
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

22. Post #5902
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,458 Posts
    I don't really get that logic.

I would be MORE afraid of attending combat carbine courses with a $640 accessory attached to my gun.

I would be afraid of using the goddamn thing except for at a range.
    You're missing it.

Chances are if its more expensive, it's better built and not going to break. This logic is EXTREMELY true when it comes to Optics. Because a $700-1000+ Leupold Optic is going to last that much longer than a stupid ass BSA optic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

23. Post #5903
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    911 Posts
    Yes. It's hypocritical for me to say I think spending that much on a sight is too much.

No it isn't you prat. I didn't tell Ridge he was wasting his money or he was wrong I just said I thought it was too much.

24. Post #5904
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,458 Posts
    Yes. It's hypocritical for me to say I think spending that much on a sight is too much.

No it isn't you prat. I didn't tell Ridge he was wasting his money or he was wrong I just said I thought it was too much.
    Sister you need to lay off with the name calling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

25. Post #5905
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    911 Posts
    You're missing it.

Chances are if its more expensive, it's better built and not going to break. This logic is EXTREMELY true when it comes to Optics. Because a $700-1000+ Leupold Optic is going to last that much longer than a stupid ass BSA optic.
    That's fine if you're in combat situations and the government is backing the cost but I'm not going to be in those situations and I don't have unlimited government money buying my shit.

I'm not condemning his purchase I'm just bloody well surprised by how much fucking money it costs, and in the same post making it clear I would not spend that much as I would never need it.

26. Post #5906
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,052 Posts
    Though i think 600 is a bit excessive, theres no need to start flaming people

27. Post #5907
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts

do you just enjoy arguing over pointless bullshit or what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #5908
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    911 Posts
    Though i think 600 is a bit excessive, theres no need to start flaming people
    I wasn't flaming anyone with my post. If you want to see the post that started the argument check here.

29. Post #5909
    July 2006
    6,958 Posts
    I wasn't flaming anyone with my post. If you want to see the post that started the argument check here.
    If you weren't flaming anyone, then what is this?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

30. Post #5910
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,052 Posts
    I saw his post. do you think i just skip random posts in this thread?

31. Post #5911
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    911 Posts
    If you weren't flaming anyone, then what is this?
    I was talking about my post in reply to Ridge's $600 sight.

Of course my reply to you was scathing you were being a shit for no reason.

"Oh my god he thinks it's too expensive how dare he voice his frugal concerns"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #5912
    July 2006
    6,958 Posts
    "Oh God, someone with more money than me is spending money!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Zing Zing x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #5913
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    911 Posts
    "Oh god someone is complaining about the price of things! What a terrible world where liberals like him can roam the earth!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #5914
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    "oh god someone is shitposting in the firearms thread"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #5915
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    11,752 Posts
    "oh look... another /k/ moment."

36. Post #5916
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    911 Posts
    Huh, where? I didn't know Prussel was unbanned already.

37. Post #5917
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,458 Posts
    Person A "Man that's pretty expensive..."

Person B "Fucking hell WHY? That's fucking outrageous. That's gotten my jimmy jammies rustled in a very bad way and I'm so bad with money I cannot save up for it fucking hell, fish dicks."

Don't act like Person B.

Alright, DATS ENUFF.

Av a video
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #5918
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,226 Posts
    Holy shit.

So I just did a search of the Sub-2000, and everyone is out of stock. I couldn't find a single bloody dealer with it in stock!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #5919
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    417 Posts
    Holy shit.

So I just did a search of the Sub-2000, and everyone is out of stock. I couldn't find a single bloody dealer with it in stock!
    It's an incredibly popular little gun. And Kel-Tec is an incredibly tiny little company.

I've emailed kel-tec and supposedly they still have Sub2ks going through production. My order's been hanging for about 6 months.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

40. Post #5920
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,226 Posts
    It's an incredibly popular little gun. And Kel-Tec is an incredibly tiny little company.

I've emailed kel-tec and supposedly they still have Sub2ks going through production. My order's been hanging for about 6 months.
    ...so if I went to Sportsmans and asked them if they could special-order one for me, I'd be shit out of luck?