1. Post #6481
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    5,597 Posts
    Get your revenge on California and buy something with as many "evil features" as you can.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 9Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #6482
    Absolute tosser, manchild, and belligerent douche-nozzle.
    July 2006
    6,971 Posts
    Bayonet lugs! Yea!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

3. Post #6483
    Captain Armed Dildo, Master of Ratings
    February 2011
    5,543 Posts
    Shoulder thing goes up is great for you, milk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

4. Post #6484
    When I move out of California I am going to buy a gun, but I have no idea how the hell to go out and get a license nor where to buy one legally.

Any tips for a first time gun buyer :v?
    As long as you're 18 and have a legal ID, depending where you live, you can just walk into a pawn shop or gun shop and buy a rifle (as long as you haven't murdered anyone and don't have a warrant for your arrest), if you want a handgun you gotta be 21.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

5. Post #6485
    July 2006
    6,971 Posts
    I always wondered, in the US, how old do you have to be to get NFA weapons like preban full autos, SBRs, SBSs, etc?

Edited:

Just wondering with handguns being 21...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

6. Post #6486

January 2010
    1,271 Posts
    IDK 18 or 21.... its always 18 or 21.

Unless it's 25 like renting a car.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

7. Post #6487
    I always wondered, in the US, how old do you have to be to get NFA weapons like preban full autos, SBRs, SBSs, etc?

Edited:

Just wondering with handguns being 21...
    you need to be 21 to get a class 3 (able to buy suppressors and full auto firearms), so I'd assume 21.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #6488
    June 2008
    2,761 Posts
    Heh, /k/ made couple of these in the AK recovery thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Arab Emirates Show Events Funny Funny x 22Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #6489
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,903 Posts
    you need to be 21 to get a class 3 (able to buy suppressors and full auto firearms), so I'd assume 21.
    What about post-ban?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #6490
    What fun is there in making sense?
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    What about post-ban?
    What do you mean?

11. Post #6491
    Premature Joculation
    April 2009
    7,933 Posts
    You cannot purchase full-auto firearms produced after 1986 (?).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #6492
    I Fuckin' Love Ponies
    January 2007
    6,164 Posts
    Heh, /k/ made couple of these in the AK recovery thread
    Did that thing end up firing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #6493
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    Are the Smith & Wesson M&P sporters actually ARs and I can put a nicer upper on it later or are they somehow incompatible with AR15 parts

I can probably live without a dust cover but no forward assist us just plain silly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #6494
    What fun is there in making sense?
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    Are the Smith & Wesson M&P sporters actually ARs and I can put a nicer upper on it later or are they somehow incompatible with AR15 parts

I can probably live without a dust cover but no forward assist us just plain silly
    They are standard ARs. You can swap anything out with them you want.

And honestly, the forward assist is useless. If the gun isn't chambering, that means something is wrong. Shouldn't force it.

Edited:

Correct. Anything registered by May 1986 can be bought and sold by the public.

New suppressors, short barreled rifles/shotguns are okay, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

15. Post #6495
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    417 Posts
    It's possible to buy new production full autos, a range near me has a select fire G36 up for rental. Apparently the range owner got all the necessary licenses to be a dealer for law enforcement and military, giving him access to the full auto market.

Edited:

Don't quote me on that though, I could very well be mistaken.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #6496
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    They are standard ARs. You can swap anything out with them you want.

And honestly, the forward assist is useless. If the gun isn't chambering, that means something is wrong. Shouldn't force it.

Edited:

Correct. Anything registered by May 1986 can be bought and sold by the public.

New suppressors, short barreled rifles/shotguns are okay, though.
    It usually just means I need to clean the gun but knowing me the gun isn't always gonna be cleaned after shooting it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #6497
    Dennab
    June 2011
    2,108 Posts
    Had a dream that I bought some Smith and Wesson .44 revolver but when I opened the package and was checking everything when I flipped the cylinder out I noticed it could only fit .22s so I whipped the gun across my room in a fit of rage and the gun shattered like porcelain when it hit the wall.

Moral of the story, don't buy S&W
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 19 (list)

18. Post #6498
    Hi, my name is mastermaul, and I'm a butt.
    January 2008
    8,392 Posts
    It's possible to buy new production full autos, a range near me has a select fire G36 up for rental. Apparently the range owner got all the necessary licenses to be a dealer for law enforcement and military, giving him access to the full auto market.

Edited:

Don't quote me on that though, I could very well be mistaken.
    All post-86 automatics in (legal) civilian possession are "dealer samples", which can only be kept by licensed class-three dealers with the permission of local law enforcement.

I believe part of the gimmick is that the local law enforcement is able to purchase them whenever they please, though that's only a vague recollection in my mind.

All pre-86 registered automatics can be owned by any citizen legally able to own a firearm who has payed the $200 NFA tax stamp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #6499
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,362 Posts
    So Harvard proved that gun control actually leads to more deaths, rather than less.
    http://theacru.org/acru/harvard_stud...terproductive/
    http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/...useronline.pdf
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 12Zing Zing x 1 (list)

20. Post #6500
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,449 Posts

That magazine... holder... thing doesn't look like it helps much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

21. Post #6501
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,230 Posts
    What a load of baby-killing fun!

Edited:

Seriously though I love how his trigger finger gets tired about three mags in. I'm decently sure I'd have trouble holding that thing up at all.

22. Post #6502
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,005 Posts

Got this for my birthday.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 17Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #6503
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    26,086 Posts

Got this for my birthday.
    jelly as fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #6504
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,564 Posts

That magazine... holder... thing doesn't look like it helps much.
    Fuck I love this country.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #6505
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    4,172 Posts
    Why would you spend hundreds on a gun instead of ten bucks on a knife that'l kill them all the same?
    Too messy, would be cleaner to just shoot em.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #6506
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,230 Posts
    Too messy, would be cleaner to just shoot em.
    Why go with *STABBITY STABBITY STABSTABSTAB* when you can just go with *BANG*?

27. Post #6507
    February 2011
    5,543 Posts
    One stab is all you need, stabby in the spinal cord in the back of the neck and you're golden.

28. Post #6508
    June 2008
    2,761 Posts
    One stab is all you need, stabby in the spinal cord in the back of the neck and you're golden.
    Spine is too thick, you are better off by slicing the front of the neck (jugular vein) - 3 seconds is the estimated time to death that way. Another efficient way is to stab the side of the neck (common carotid artery or vertebral). This takes about 12 seconds for the subject to die.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Arab Emirates Show Events Informative Informative x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #6509
    February 2011
    5,543 Posts
    Jugular leaves a bloody, bloody mess. Gotta keep it clean mang.

Edited:

And ain't the jugular on the side too?

30. Post #6510
    December 2009
    8,805 Posts
    Or you know, you could shoot them in the heart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

31. Post #6511
    June 2008
    2,761 Posts
    Jugular leaves a bloody, bloody mess. Gotta keep it clean mang.

Edited:

And ain't the jugular on the side too?

Here's an illustration of potential arteries and how to deal with them.
    William E. Fairbairn posted:
    Artery #i. Knife in the right hand, attack opponent's left arm with a slashing cut outwards, as in Fig. A.

Artery #2. Knife in the right hand, attack opponent's left wrist, cutting downwards and inwards, as in Fig. B.

Artery #3. Knife in right hand, edges parallel to ground, seize opponent around the neck from behind with your left arm, pulling his head to the left. Thrust point well in; then cut sideways. See Fig. C.

Artery #4. Hold knife as in Fig. D; thrust point well in downwards; then cut.

Note. - This is not an easy artery to cut with a knife, but, once cut, your opponent will drop, and no tourniquet or any help of man can save him.

Heart #5. Thrust well in with the point, taking care when attacking from behind not to go too high or you will strike the shoulder blade.

Stomach #6. Thrust well in with the point and cut in any direction.

Note. - It knife is in left hand, when attacking arteries #1 and #2, reverse the above and attack opponent's right arm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Arab Emirates Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #6512
    February 2011
    5,543 Posts
    And again, leave a bloody mess.
    Why are we talking about murder? I don't wanna be on the FBI watch list.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #6513
    June 2008
    2,761 Posts
    And again, leave a bloody mess.
    Why are we talking about murder? I don't wanna be on the FBI watch list.
    Only pointed out the most effective ways to handle a knife. I bet you guys can now safely say that a knife can be as potential murder weapon as a gun (and much cheaper at that).

That being said, I think it's much easier both physically and mentally to shoot someone from a distance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Arab Emirates Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #6514
    I Fuckin' Love Ponies
    January 2007
    6,164 Posts
    You are wrong. The military teach you to stab up the back, through the diaphragm muscle and into the heart and/or lungs, because the victim can not scream when their diaphragm muscle is damaged.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

35. Post #6515
    July 2006
    6,971 Posts
    I always thought they stuck the knife through the gap between your top most vertebrate and your skull. This would sever the spinal cord, leading to you not being able to move in anyway, let alone scream
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

36. Post #6516

January 2010
    1,271 Posts
    When shooting yesterday. Threw rounds threw an Arisaka (7.5 Jap is fucking expensive). And a Finnish M39 (Whoa that trigger was good) along with some .22. Helped break in a Remington 1911R1 (Nice 1911). And I finally got to throw rounds outta my 1858 New Army (My favorite.... 2hrs to clean it though). Good times had by all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #6517
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,068 Posts
    My new SKS and it even came with 500 rounds of ammo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 18 (list)

38. Post #6518
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    12,766 Posts

39. Post #6519
    Can anyone explain why americans are so babby about silencers? Legitimately wondering
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

40. Post #6520
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,362 Posts
    If you think the US is bad, they're banned in Canada for no good reason. Literally the government at the time banned them because they were in a bunch of movies and made it look like people will never hear the gangbangers killing each other.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)