1. Post #8281
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,104 Posts
    I'll trade kinder eggs for my gatblasters
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #8282
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    11,765 Posts
    The Stoner 63.
    Why is it so expensive...?

Edit:
    Wait. Just noted a comment saying it was a 96... Still... I want one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10 (list)

3. Post #8283
    Absolute tosser, manchild, and belligerent douche-nozzle.
    July 2006
    6,969 Posts
    One news source is saying Obama will renew the Assualt Weapons Ban. But no one else is reporting it. I think it's fake. Not to mention dumb. Obama already said he won't be
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

4. Post #8284
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    11,765 Posts
    IIRC... He said he thought it made sense, but the whole thing in 2010 sorta warded him away from gun politics.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #8285
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,357 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

6. Post #8286
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,618 Posts
    Aw shite, not another one. I'll stay out of this one and just watch people get banned for flaming.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #8287
    nah, the majority of the people in there talk directly out of their asses when they try to discuss gun control. The majority of the people in there who want a guns ban have never been near a firearm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Zing Zing x 1 (list)

8. Post #8288
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,357 Posts
    nah, the majority of the people in there talk directly out of their asses when they try to discuss gun control. The majority of the people in there who want a guns ban have never been near a firearm.
    Poor unfortunate souls. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #8289
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,182 Posts
    I live in the ass end of nowhere in the UK, and even i've used a gun. They've got no excuse.

Speaking of guns and the UK, does anyone know what the largest caliber rifle you're allowed to own in the UK is? The range i used to go to before it shut down to mostly had .22 rifles, and there were a couple of larger caliber rifles owned by the club and brought by other people, but i can't recall what they went up to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #8290
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,229 Posts
    The Stoner 63.
    Why is it so expensive...?

Edit:
    Wait. Just noted a comment saying it was a 96... Still... I want one.
    HOLY SHIT

Are we using these out in the field? That's incredible!

11. Post #8291
    HOLY SHIT

Are we using these out in the field? That's incredible!
    The seals used it in Vietnam I think, or at least another one of stoners LMG's.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

12. Post #8292
    January 2011
    1,663 Posts
    well, that's a 96 made by KAC, not really used at all. the actual 63 made by stoner-cadillac cage was used in vietnam in really limited quantities.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #8293
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,359 Posts
    I live in the ass end of nowhere in the UK, and even i've used a gun. They've got no excuse.

Speaking of guns and the UK, does anyone know what the largest caliber rifle you're allowed to own in the UK is? The range i used to go to before it shut down to mostly had .22 rifles, and there were a couple of larger caliber rifles owned by the club and brought by other people, but i can't recall what they went up to.
    Legally, IIRC if you can own rifles you can get up to a .50 BMG, but have fun trying to find one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

14. Post #8294
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BAKELITE FETISH
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    LET'S BAN WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND >:C
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Zing Zing x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #8295
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,256 Posts

Here's some tactical blooper reel off /k/ for ya'll
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #8296
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,271 Posts
    Legally, IIRC if you can own rifles you can get up to a .50 BMG, but have fun trying to find one.
    Legally, in the UK you are allowed to own full-auto weapons, but you are required to have them stored at a central "shooting centre" and you can only shoot them at that centre. Oh and you need a metric shit-ton of licenses, I talked with an auction company a while ago, and they said they had sold a Glock 18 to UK resident, for about the same price that a regular glock goes for in norway.
    And as for other UK factoids:
    For the shotgun license, as soon as you have fulfilled the requirements for the license and you apply, the police will have to find a reason for you to not own firearms if you aren't a hunter. But for rifles and other firearms, you have to find a proper reason of why the police should allow you to own them.
    Ah, the British, makes me somewhat happy that I live in Norway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Zing Zing x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #8297
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    417 Posts
    Any (non-bubba) tips on how I can increase the accuracy of my nugget? I read somewhere that putting a bit of cork under the barrel could tighten groupings. Any experience with that?

18. Post #8298
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    26,086 Posts
    Any (non-bubba) tips on how I can increase the accuracy of my nugget? I read somewhere that putting a bit of cork under the barrel could tighten groupings. Any experience with that?
    Are you experiencing abnormally open groupings?

19. Post #8299
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,271 Posts
    Ok, here's a slight challenge:
    The gun at 01:59 here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13gF_yB4m5U&feature=plcp
    Especially the optic on it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

20. Post #8300
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    417 Posts
    Are you experiencing abnormally open groupings?
    I haven't formally recorded the groupings on a benchrest. I've shot some groupings at 25 yards, and I remember that they weren't so great. My main goal is to see if I can make the mosin precise (without bubba'ing it) enough for it to be a decent long range rifle, possibly for hunting as well.

21. Post #8301
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    26,086 Posts
    Not sure on the sight but the rifle looks like a Ross rifle

Edited:

I haven't formally recorded the groupings on a benchrest. I've shot some groupings at 25 yards, and I remember that they weren't so great. My main goal is to see if I can make the mosin precise (without bubba'ing it) enough for it to be a decent long range rifle, possibly for hunting as well.
    Well in my experience Mosin's are pretty damn close to dead accurate, so I would try to take it to a range and do long range shooting. There are plenty of factors that affect its accuracy.

Edited:

It isn't the Warner & Swasey Company Model 1913 scope on that Ross is it?

22. Post #8302
    January 2011
    1,663 Posts
    bed the action and barrel.. that's your best bet without ruining it. you can free-float the barrel but that takes a while if you're using the original stock; the barrel band will press down on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #8303
    October 2007
    2,005 Posts
    Free floating seems to be hit and miss with nuggets anyways. My best luck was bedding the receiver and barrel with cork shims.

24. Post #8304
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,357 Posts
    Try putting the bayonet on. That works for some people, believe it or not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #8305
    January 2011
    1,663 Posts
    Try putting the bayonet on. That works for some people, believe it or not.
    M44s... no proof exists that it should positively affect the accuracy of m91/30s. and it's because they were sighted in with the bayonet extended..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

26. Post #8306
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,357 Posts
    M44s... no proof exists that it should positively affect the accuracy of m91/30s. and it's because they were sighted in with the bayonet extended..
    It worked with my nugget. I could accurately hit man-sized targets at ~100-150 yards with iron sights, firing uphill.

27. Post #8307
    January 2011
    1,663 Posts
    m91/30? if you couldn't do that without the bayonet mounted then your windage was off.. severely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

28. Post #8308
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,357 Posts
    m91/30? if you couldn't do that without the bayonet mounted then your windage was off.. severely.
    Yes, m91/30 (then again, I had never tried that before, not good example).

29. Post #8309
    About as smart and adept as a pile of turds
    January 2010
    3,465 Posts
    ross rifle w/ no18 scope.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #8310
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,229 Posts
    Shit, I need a better paying job. I can't even afford ammunition at this point, and most of the stuff I own is SlavShit!

31. Post #8311
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BAKELITE FETISH
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    reading a "stupid family" thread on /k/

My family has always been anti-gun and none of them have ever owned guns. I'm gonna start the fucking trend now. I'm gay so I'm probably going to either not marry or adopt, but god dammit, I'm gonna be the best fucking uncle out there.

I gotta stay in shape, buy loads of fucking guns, get a sick house innawoods, and train my nieces and nephews proper gun handling. If any of them even THINK of pawning my shit when I die, I'm gonna slap the shit out of them/haunt the fuck out of them. I want at least one of my guns to become an heirloom.

My nieces and nephews WILL be posting on future /k/, and they WILL start a goddamn thread about how fucking awesome I am.

That, or they end up to not be interested in guns. Fuck it, might have to adopt and condition one my own.

TRAPPED IN THE RAGE CAGE

THIS WILL BE MY HOUSE

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #8312
    Absolute tosser, manchild, and belligerent douche-nozzle.
    July 2006
    6,969 Posts
    Jesus, are those pallets of Lee Enfields? Fuck!

I don't see how that earns me boxes, those are Lee Enfields
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #8313
    June 2008
    2,761 Posts
    reading a "stupid family" thread on /k/
    The one with the Colt Woodsman pawn story in the OP?
    That one had some really cringe-worthy stories.

Edited:

Like this one:
    Anonymous posted:
    >collect WW2 stuff
    >grandfather on my mom's side was a Ranger
    >we talk for hours about everything related to WW2
    >he promises to will me his war souvenirs (a beautiful K98, a Luger, a 1911, a P38 and some uniforms/medals/misc)
    >he passed two months ago, and when we were in his old house for the reception i see my 11 yr old cousin lugging a couple of familiar boxes
    >those are mine, grandpa willed them to me and you know it
    >faggoty cousin runs to my idiot uncle crying
    >I lose everything but the K98 to the bastards
    >look at the rifle and realize that the little shit carved 'tally marks' into the wood like on cowadooty
    >driving up this week to forcibly repossess whatever he hasn't destroyed or lost
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Arab Emirates Show Events Friendly Friendly x 11 (list)

34. Post #8314
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,025 Posts
    The one with the Colt Woodsman pawn story in the OP?
    That one had some really cringe-worthy stories.

Edited:

Like this one:
    What kind of an idiot would give a luger, 1911 and P38 to 11 year olds?
    Fucking stupid dickheads.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

35. Post #8315
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,271 Posts
    ross rifle w/ no18 scope.
    Thanks man, it looks awesome and now I want one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

36. Post #8316
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,675 Posts
    Good luck with that, buddy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13 (list)

37. Post #8317
    What fun is there in making sense?
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

38. Post #8318
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #8319
    January 2011
    1,663 Posts
    .308win/7,62x51 is ridiculously easy to silence lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #8320
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    5,199 Posts
    Yeah they've had silencers for 7.62x51 since the 70s, maybe even earlier.

They're still loud as fuck if you're right next to it, but I doubt the target would be very close to the muzzle.