1. Post #4361
    Connoisseur of Maple Syrup, Guns, and Sex Toys
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    Stocking up on a half a garage of guns and ammo because "Hurr durr wurld end lol 2012" is retarded, you should be doing it because it pisses off Liberals, not because you're paranoid about an end that isn't coming.
    I stock up on ammo because it's a good thing to have. Doesn't matter if the world is or isn't going to end or what you believe. If it happens to, I'm ready. If it doesn't, I've got a lot of ammo to burn through for fun. It's a win-win
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #4362
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,413 Posts
    I stock up on ammo accidentally, I'll have some spare money and before I know it I have more ammo .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #4363
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,020 Posts
    I stock up because it's cheaper to buy in bulk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4364
    What fun is there in making sense?
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    I'm looking for a good weapon with cheap/practical ammo. Not a debate on which is better.
    .308 ammo starts at 50 cents a round for brass stuff.

If you want something cheap and practical while still being tacticool, you probably want an AR or a Mini-14

5. Post #4365
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #4366
    Premature Joculation
    April 2009
    7,851 Posts
    I'm going to buy a Ruger Mk.III. If there are any objections, please speak now, or forever hold your peace.
    I'm assuming that this will be a quality purchase then?

7. Post #4367
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    I stock up on ammo accidentally, I'll have some spare money and before I know it I have more ammo .
    This too.

One second I've got money in my hand, the next, bullets.

8. Post #4368
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,425 Posts
    It's a good handgun.
    Have you tried it's magazine release? It's not a drop free release, you've got to pull it out once you pressed the mag release, some people don't like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

9. Post #4369
    Premature Joculation
    April 2009
    7,851 Posts
    I haven't really tinkered with one yet, haven't been to the gun store recently. I'm most likely just going to save up like $400 then head over there and check out a ton of stuff, then buy what I think is comfortable. I was just checking about the Mk.III because I haven't heard a lot of good about most of Ruger's handguns.

10. Post #4370
    mark 2 and 3s are rather good actually
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

11. Post #4371
    May 2009
    465 Posts
    Yeah, the Mk3 is a great .22 pistol. I have one and I love it, only problem I have with it is that its a bitch to take apart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #4372
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,425 Posts
    Ruger makes good revolvers (though the LCR is debatable) and decent 22 handguns. It's the centerfire Semi-auto handguns I'd say away from (the LC9 is their only semi-handgun I'm remotely interested in).

Mark II's n III's like Prussel said are pretty good. I'd check out the Browning Buckmarks while you're at it, they're a good (albeit slightly more pricey) alternative to the Ruger 22's.
    On thing they've got in common is they're both a pain in the ass to disassemble and clean. Just watch some of the Youtube videos of people stripping them and you'll see what I mean.

13. Post #4373
    Premature Joculation
    April 2009
    7,851 Posts
    I did watch a disassembly of the Mk.III, didn't seem all that bad, but that's just basing it off of a video.

14. Post #4374
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,979 Posts
    at My local nightclub sucks, I'm serious, I wouldn't even try to assassinate Sarah Connor in there if you get my drift.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

15. Post #4375
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    Is Heritage Arms a good manufacturer?

If so, is $150 an acceptable price for a Heritage Arms .22LR "Rough Rider" revolver?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

16. Post #4376
    Premature Joculation
    April 2009
    7,851 Posts
    What do you guys find to be the best .22LR ammunition? As in, what is the cleanest and most accurate?

17. Post #4377
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    I go to a wal-mart, grab the first box of 500 I see for around $20, and buy it.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

18. Post #4378
    Premature Joculation
    April 2009
    7,851 Posts
    Alright, forget the Mk.III, I can get a 10/22 for a flat $200.

19. Post #4379
    January 2009
    165 Posts
    Is Heritage Arms a good manufacturer?

If so, is $150 an acceptable price for a Heritage Arms .22LR "Rough Rider" revolver?

I've been wanting one for a while now, from what I've seen they're pretty good, I've only heard of one case where the front sight blade was off, but other than that nothing but good things. There's also alot of different grip choices on the Heritage Arms website. You could probably find one used for 100 bucks.

20. Post #4380
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    Eh. If I'm going to buy a non-surplus firearm it's going to be new. Thanks for the info though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #4381
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    What do you guys find to be the best .22LR ammunition? As in, what is the cleanest and most accurate?
    Federal bulk packs or CCI Mini Mags is all I ever shoot through any .22.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #4382
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,136 Posts
    I go to a wal-mart, grab the first box of 500 I see for around $20, and buy it.

>500
    >$20
    >Wal-mart

LIES
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

23. Post #4383
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    I think I'm going to either go with the AK-47 or the 3.5x Sniper 91/30

I was leaning heavily towards the shotgun and .22LR pistol, but I realized that I couldn't take the shotgun range shooting so it'd be pretty much useless until someone broke into my house, and since I'm not 21 I'd have to get a friend to buy the pistol for me and I don't want to go through all that mess again. It was enough fuss with the nagant revolver.

Edited:

>500
    >$20
    >Wal-mart

LIES
    Dude some wal-mart stores carry guns and ammo. The one near I live does. You can usually grab Federal brand 550 count boxes for around $20.

When I was younger it was like $15 but I think the price has gone up to about $19 to $22 for a 550 count box.

24. Post #4384
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    902 Posts
    Get the Ruger MKIII. There are videos on how to remove the magazine disconnect and the nub that prevents the mag from dropping.

25. Post #4385
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    >500
    >$20
    >Wal-mart

LIES
    Sporting Goods counter in most Walmarts sells ammunition. Some are even starting to sell AR-15s.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

26. Post #4386
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,238 Posts
    Anyone of you have guide for assembling a Remington Nylon 66 aka All the worst ideas ever into one rifle?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #4387
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,136 Posts
    I guess my Walmart is just shitty, then
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #4388
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,786 Posts
    .223 is the same as 5.56x45, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

29. Post #4389
    I Fuckin' Love Ponies
    January 2007
    6,160 Posts
    .223 is the same as 5.56x45, right?

No.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #4390
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,238 Posts
    There are small differences, but using the different types will most likely cause minor failures.
    It won't cause catastrophic failures, but you'll get some accurcy and feeding issues. As you always should is buy whatever ammo it says on your gun. If it says .223 buy .223, if it says 5.56x45 then you buy 5.56x45.
    Same deal with 7.62x51 and .308 win.

They are interchangeable, but it's not recommended.

Also, ANYONE know how to re-asseamble a fuckin' Nylon 66?
    I swear the devil himself made this rifle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #4391
    Absolute tosser, manchild, and belligerent douche-nozzle.
    July 2006
    6,639 Posts
    For all intents and purposes, yes. There are some testing requirements (standards) like waterproofing and a few other things, but other than that they are they same

32. Post #4392
    July 2010
    748 Posts
    We should make a thread for Faze and Prussle to fight in, so when they start fighting all we need to say is, 'take it to the thread boys'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

33. Post #4393
    I Fuckin' Love Ponies
    January 2007
    6,160 Posts
    For all intents and purposes, yes. There are some testing requirements (standards) like waterproofing and a few other things, but other than that they are they same
    Nope, they are different... slightly. The 5.56 has a thicker inside to the case.

34. Post #4394
    different tapering/angling too..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

35. Post #4395
    I Fuckin' Love Ponies
    January 2007
    6,160 Posts
    different tapering/angling too..
    Nope, both are at 23 degrees.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

36. Post #4396
    Absolute tosser, manchild, and belligerent douche-nozzle.
    July 2006
    6,639 Posts
    We should make a thread for Faze and Prussle to fight in, so when they start fighting all we need to say is, 'take it to the thread boys'.
    I asked a mod if I could create an arguments thread so we can watch at our pleasure and eat popcorn, the answer was no
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #4397
    Dennab
    June 2011
    2,108 Posts
    Prussel and faze are our own little tripfags in our miniature /k/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #4398
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    .223 and 5.56 are the same physical round, but 5.56 typically has higher chamber pressures.

39. Post #4399
    Don't Worry, I'm a Marine
    October 2005
    2,993 Posts
    For all intensive purposes they are. You can load and shoot both rounds out of anything chambered in .223/5.56 NATO. Typically 5.56 runs at a slightly higher pressure, but it won't cause any major problems with AR type firearms. The only real problem you may run into is when loaded into a bolt action that has a high tolerance bore, in which the casing may get stuck. Accuracy really doesn't change when same bullet weights are used while being used in the appropriate rifling.

Some people say that 5.56 is rougher on firearms designed for .223, but since most people buy AR's to shoot with its not an issue because pretty much all manufacturers build them for 5.56 specs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #4400
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    For all intensive purposes they are.
    intents and
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)