1. Post #6201
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    5,116 Posts

Hmm... nah.
    Those things are fun as shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 2 (list)

2. Post #6202
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,393 Posts
    DSA FAL

Anyone heard of these guys (DSA, not Aim Surplus)? I've been dying for a FAL since the day I first laid eyes on one, and I can finally afford one now.
    DSA is awesome. I've seen nothing bad said against them and the quality of the stuff I've seen in person is pretty impressive. Can't go wrong with them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

3. Post #6203
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    17,750 Posts
    DSA FAL

Anyone heard of these guys (DSA, not Aim Surplus)? I've been dying for a FAL since the day I first laid eyes on one, and I can finally afford one now.
    They have a factory down here in IL actually.

They used to be Belgium licensed and operated up until the late 80s, but they're still making semi-automatic Falafels.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

4. Post #6204
    What fun is there in making sense?
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    DSA is awesome. I've seen nothing bad said against them and the quality of the stuff I've seen in person is pretty impressive. Can't go wrong with them.
    I've heard they are kinda dicks about service and repair. But I'd still love to have a FAL.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #6205
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    1,629 Posts

They used to be Belgium licensed and operated up until the late 80s, but they're still making semi-automatic Falafels.
    Ah. I've seen a few Imbel FALs around but I've passed on them every time. Most of the time they have OD furniture (which is fine, but I don't care for it on a FAL) and they just seem shoddy to me. Add to that, reviews don't paint them too favorably either.

6. Post #6206
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    Do you have a link to the aimpoint and the rail? I can't seem to find either.
    I found the rail mount! :D

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/713...-m14-m1a-matte

7. Post #6207
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,759 Posts
    I heard it's a good self defense round if you happen to be one of those guys that carry .22s. True/False

8. Post #6208
    Hi, my name is mastermaul, and I'm a butt.
    January 2008
    8,313 Posts
    I heard it's a good self defense round if you happen to be one of those guys that carry .22s. True/False
    They're quite crappy, I remember they had the penetrative power of sponge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #6209
    June 2008
    2,761 Posts
    Yay, a friend of mine invited me to shoot his .38 lever action sometime this week
    We are going to use some other toys as well and I'll take some pictures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Arab Emirates Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #6210
    Premature Joculation
    April 2009
    7,764 Posts

Where are they in Illinois? I haven't heard about them.

11. Post #6211
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    false as fuck

any further than 2 feet and they just sting
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #6212
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    5,116 Posts
    Uhh, well considering they have a lighter powder load than your average .22, and they have the penetration power of a toothpick, that would probably be the stupidest thing anyone could do. When I was a kid I pretty much only used them to cut down weeds and stuff. They're nothing more than fun plinking rounds, or something to kill rats with indoors without worrying about ricochet or over-penetration.

.22 is fine for self defense too, there's higher powered rounds sold that have more muzzle velocity than .25 ACP. I still wouldn't carry one, but people make it out to be much worse than it really is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #6213
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,304 Posts
    I just learned that my uncle has a WW2-era M1 carbine that he uses for home defense.

As well as three 1911s - one made in WW1, an officer issue that saw service in Vietnam, and a more recent knockoff edition. Ton of revolvers and shotguns too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

14. Post #6214
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,225 Posts
    Hit someone at close range with an M1 Carbine and it's lights out, like getting hit with a buff Colt Python.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #6215
    Rude member.
    August 2010
    4,783 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #6216
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,832 Posts
    So my store got in a Baikal side-by-side 12GA Coachgun, and the best part is IT HAS FUCKING HAMMERS THAT WORK! Also, it has 2 triggers and you can shoot both barrels at roughly the same time. The only problem is it's $600...
    http://stevespages.com/pdf/eaa_izh43kh.pdf
    http://www.baikalcanada.com/shot_guns_43K.htm
    Sexy motherfucker, and removable chokes too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

17. Post #6217
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    626 Posts
    I need some help. My barrel bushing snapped on my 1911 officers model. I don't know if I can easily find replacement part or if I need to get to a gunsmith. Any ideas?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

18. Post #6218
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    I need some help. My barrel bushing snapped on my 1911 officers model. I don't know if I can easily find replacement part or if I need to get to a gunsmith. Any ideas?
    look online, you can find 1911 barrel bushings all over the place for like $10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #6219
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    10,999 Posts
    I wonder if you could make wax slugs out of those 22LR Shotshells.

20. Post #6220
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    626 Posts
    look online, you can find 1911 barrel bushings all over the place for like $10
    But they seem to need some sort of machining to fit properly. As far as I can tell. Especially since it's an officers model.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #6221
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,479 Posts
    They're doing a whole bunch of gun myths on Mythbusters, anyone checking it out?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #6222
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    But they seem to need some sort of machining to fit properly. As far as I can tell. Especially since it's an officers model.
    99.99% of the time they will drop right in. Officer's model isn't anything special. As long as your gun is mil spec, you can get one online for cheap.

23. Post #6223
    CUNT DESTROYER
    August 2008
    10,747 Posts
    Anyone notice any real differences between these two? I'm just not seeing it.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...agant+Revolver

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...agant+Revolver

24. Post #6224
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,832 Posts
    First link is WWII period guns, second is '20s production.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #6225
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,072 Posts
    This might seem like a silly question, but they're cheap enough so I may as well ask: How hard do you guys think it would be to modify a Nagant revolver to have a flipping cylinder?

Edited:

I'm thinking very because of the seal.

26. Post #6226
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    impossible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #6227
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,225 Posts
    I don't doubt one could make a new Nagant revolver with a sealing cylinder, but modifying an existing Nagant to make it work, you mind as well build a whole new gun.
    A better design if you ask me is a break open action like a Schofield (<-Mmm) or a Webley.

Wish there was a gas sealing black powder percussion revolver though because god damn. My Navy leaks BP fouling everywhere when I fire it and it builds up on the front of the cylinder and makes it difficult to draw the hammer so I have to wipe it off with a damp cloth each time I reload, and this is with 15 grains of powder, the gun can easily handle 25 grains.

Would be nice if I could get some smoother percussion caps too, the CCI caps I have don't pop, they EXPLODE and it's fucking annoying because the bits of copper fly into the frame and jam the cylinder between shots more often than not.
    They should just bulge out and fall off when the hammer was drawn, also serving to block the gas, not be packed full of dynamite and explode.

28. Post #6228
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    while I'm thinking about it, my dad mentioned to me last night that he saw an ad on craigslist for a "Russian M16A1 clone"

anyone know what the hell the ad is talking about?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

29. Post #6229
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    while I'm thinking about it, my dad mentioned to me last night that he saw an ad on craigslist for a "Russian M16A1 clone"

anyone know what the hell the ad is talking about?
    I doubt the guy that posted the ad knows what he is talking about.

30. Post #6230
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    I doubt the guy that posted the ad knows what he is talking about.
    probable, but is there anything it might be? maybe it's not russian, but chinese or something?

31. Post #6231
    I Fuckin' Love Ponies
    January 2007
    6,160 Posts
    Has anyone got a link to that web page where the two guys re-chambered their Mosin Nagants?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

32. Post #6232
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,222 Posts
    http://pharmory.blogspot.no/

Down the page a little, Nuggets re-chambered for .45-70
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #6233
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,072 Posts
    How much do you guys know about converting an SKS to detachable magazines? Is it just a few parts to swap out, or is it rather complicated?

Edited:

http://pharmory.blogspot.no/

Down the page a little, Nuggets re-chambered for .45-70
    That's... actually kind of awesome. He's got some fairly ridiculous builds on here.

34. Post #6234
    October 2011
    636 Posts
    Fired a Desert Eagle .44 for the first time today. I am not impressed. The thing has way too much recoil and takes me a couple of seconds to resettle it back on target. I don't see it being practical in combat. Maybe for target practice or hunting.

My teenage dreams are crushed.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

35. Post #6235
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,072 Posts
    Bot Used: "Viral Advertising"!

It was ineffective...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #6236
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,222 Posts
    Fired a Desert Eagle .44 for the first time today. I am not impressed. The thing has way too much recoil and takes me a couple of seconds to resettle it back on target. I don't see it being practical in combat. Maybe for target practice or hunting.

My teenage dreams are crushed.

My teacher claims that the .357 Mag version for sports shooting is "decent" That's due the recoil being less in .357 and it has 9 round magazines, while the class you can it is mostly for revolvers, so you'll have more shots

But there's a drawback if you are a reloader, he said it threw casings up 40 meters away.
    Whereas with a revolver, it's much easier to keep track of your casings.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #6237
    WhiskeyViking
    December 2008
    2,684 Posts
    A woman somewhere here tried suicide with a 22. guess what happened?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #6238
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    9,450 Posts
    A woman somewhere here tried suicide with a 22. guess what happened?
    Nothing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #6239
    She survived and woke up from a coma:
    A. paralysed
    B. with permanent brain damage
    C. both

?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #6240
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    5,583 Posts
    She died because .22lr is still lethal?

The bullet ricocheted off her skull and she discovered to be bulletproof, and now she fights crime?

She was the Chosen One and her death allowed the demon lord Zel'Nharg-lar to possess her corpse to come into our realm, and now the planet is fucked?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 4 (list)