1. Post #2361
    July 2009
    5,440 Posts
    Can anyone help me with some sort of strategy for killing a boatload of stalkers, because god DAMN is it getting boring being level 3 commando.
    Biotics lab.

Camp the room that has the trader on the middle level thats like the 2 similar rooms right next to each other. Just use the bullpup or AK for the early waves, but once wave 6 hits, you should have a crossbow and a scar since it's the only AR you can carry with the crossbow.

Use the crossbow on scrakes, 2 headshots should do the trick. Just make sure you wait until he becomes unstunned for the second because it's a more reliable shot in the sense that the hitboxes will be where they look like they should be and it gives you some time to pick trash off from around him.

If a fleshpound comes lumbering in, your best bet is to run.

As long as you're ALONE (important) you shouldn't have too much trouble not dieing as long as you're a good shot. Just make sure to watch both ahead and to your left.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2362
    October 2009
    9,429 Posts
    Last game I was in was Farm, and I had the M7A3 Medigun, an M79 grenade launcher, and dual handcannons, feeling right and ready for the Patriarch.

He comes up, looks at me, then spews minigun bullets into me before I can even shoot, draining me from full health to dead.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #2363
    Japanese Cerberus
    Dennab
    August 2011
    8,076 Posts
    I remember my whole team dying to the Patty in Westlondon.
    I'm paranoid as fuck, then he appears out of nowhere and instakills me with spin.

That shit is OP man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #2364
    I regularly throw pity parties.
    August 2010
    12,493 Posts
    STAND STILL, THIS WILL ONLY TAKE A SECOND
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #2365
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,391 Posts
    I remember my whole team dying to the Patty in Westlondon.
    I'm paranoid as fuck, then he appears out of nowhere and instakills me with spin.

That shit is OP man.
    Again, he does not do his spin attack on one person. There must be a minimum of 3 people standing around him for him to do that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #2366
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    9,016 Posts
    Headshot kills do less damage than body kills, right?
    Bodyshot bloats, sirens and husks for raw damage.

Those three are sponges when it comes to bullets.

Edited:

Again, he does not do his spin attack on one person. There must be a minimum of 3 people standing around him for him to do that.
    Sorry but I been killed alone by his spin too, with full body armor and life.

I won't trust the code since I taste his move.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #2367
    Japanese Cerberus
    Dennab
    August 2011
    8,076 Posts
    That's what they say.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #2368
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    1,052 Posts
    I won't trust the code
    I'd love to see some actual evidence to corroborate these claims. As the code is written, the RadialAttack state is only entered if the Patriarch is damaged when there are three or more players within 150 units range. It's not as if the game merely takes the code as potential suggestions. If it was possible for AI pawns to arbitrarily enter different states at random times (although you claim it conveniently only happens when it's appropriate for the Patriarch to attack), the game would literally be utter chaos.

However, since it's not possible for pawns to enter different states without the proper conditions, I think you're just mistaking the Patriarch's impale attack for his radial attack and you're just trying to come up with a poor excuse for dying. The impale attack is far more deadly than the radial attack, by the by.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #2369
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    9,016 Posts
    I'd love to see some actual evidence to corroborate these claims. As the code is written, the RadialAttack state is only entered if the Patriarch is damaged when there are three or more players within 150 units range. It's not as if the game merely takes the code as potential suggestions. If it was possible for AI pawns to arbitrarily enter different states at random times (although you claim it conveniently only happens when it's appropriate for the Patriarch to attack), the game would literally be utter chaos.

However, since it's not possible for pawns to enter different states without the proper conditions, I think you're just mistaking the Patriarch's impale attack for his radial attack and you're just trying to come up with a poor excuse for dying. The impale attack is far more deadly than the radial attack, by the by.
    Alright I have to say I didn't get a pic of the death. I ragequit right after typing "god fucking dammit".

I was piss off alot so I when to eat something then I post here in the thread about the attack.

Also don't dare to tell me Killing floor is free for bugs and glitches, it could be pretty normal for some codes to bug themself.

First it was a normal game so there is no posibble way to die with full health and full armor from a single hit from the patriatch unless you eat his rocket with a direct hit or you get hit by his spin attack the two times. Also I may be a regular KF player but don't insult me, I never say something bad about you. I saw the animation and I die, so it could be perfectly real for any person to die from a bug in the game related to the new attack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events

10. Post #2370
    November 2010
    1,414 Posts
    I'd love to see some actual evidence to corroborate these claims.

I could try make a video if FRAPS wouldnt lag me so much. And trust me, it was the radial attack. The impale attack CANT kill you when you are behind of him. Also, the impale only can damage two players but only if they are together.

What i want to know is if the patriarch can move while doing the radial attack. If it shouldnt, is a bug.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events

11. Post #2371
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,391 Posts
    I could try make a video if FRAPS wouldnt lag me so much. And trust me, it was the radial attack. The impale attack CANT kill you when you are behind of him. Also, the impale only can damage two players but only if they are together.

What i want to know is if the patriarch can move while doing the radial attack. If it shouldnt, is a bug.
    He can't, but he can while he does his impale attack or slash attack. He's always still when he does the radial attack. I've never seen him do it more than once a game, never to no less than 3 people, and never on the move.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #2372
    I joined a game once and asked in chat if they could spare a little cash when I spawned.

"It's suicidal mode you faggot."

After that they tossed a few more insults my way and promptly died. I typed "lol" in chat and they perma banned me.

Fair enough on not wanting to give cash on suicidal but holy spergs batman.
    Reminds me of what happened yesterday. It was one of those pricks that tries to boss the team around despite being on the bottom of the scoreboard. I was playing as a medic, and when I asked for money, he said "medics dont need money" "lol dumb xd"

He was playing as a sharpshooter, using a katana.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 14Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #2373
    November 2010
    5,329 Posts
    People like that ruin the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

14. Post #2374
    In that same game, we had a demo using a flamethrower.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

15. Post #2375
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,645 Posts
    Can anyone help me with some sort of strategy for killing a boatload of stalkers, because god DAMN is it getting boring being level 3 commando.
    Get the faked players mutator, then start a solo game on beginner and set the player count to something like 8, then just farm those stalkers. You should be getting hundreds per game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Slovenia Show Events

16. Post #2376
    November 2010
    1,414 Posts
    He can't, but he can while he does his impale attack or slash attack. He's always still when he does the radial attack. I've never seen him do it more than once a game, never to no less than 3 people, and never on the move.
    Hmmm, well. If you (and he) can interrupt the animations (like making him stop before firing his rocket), is possible that is there where is the bug. What if he just want to do the impale/slash attack, but then he switches to the radial because he detects 3 of more players?

Anyway iŽll continue looking closely. Every time he does it, it happens too quickly to take a photo (Steam takes nearly a second to process the photo).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events

17. Post #2377
    April 2012
    5,345 Posts
    Reminds me of what happened yesterday. It was one of those pricks that tries to boss the team around despite being on the bottom of the scoreboard. I was playing as a medic, and when I asked for money, he said "medics dont need money" "lol dumb xd"

He was playing as a sharpshooter, using a katana.
    I can kinda see where he was coming from with the "medics dont need money" if he was refering to how Medics usually accumulate cash via heals so rapidly, but like, usually if somebody asks for cash you just toss it their if you can, they thank you, and pass it on to the next guy when they have the money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

18. Post #2378
    November 2010
    1,414 Posts
    I didnt knew that the menu was in fact a map (well, i saw it in the map list sometimes, but i thought that it was an error, like test_speakers with a CSS server):

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 3Late Late x 2Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #2379
    September 2007
    3,864 Posts
    I didnt knew that the menu was in fact a map:

Ya. You can be a dick and vote for kf-menu and ruin the server until everyone suicides.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #2380
    August 2007
    212 Posts
    I was reading about people changing the N key to throw cash 1 for fun but I can't find out how to do this. Any help? Or is this even possible?

21. Post #2381
    I was reading about people changing the N key to throw cash 1 for fun but I can't find out how to do this. Any help? Or is this even possible?
    Edit the user.ini, find the controls part.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

22. Post #2382
    August 2007
    212 Posts
    Edit the user.ini, find the controls part.
    Got it, thanks! People got annoyed with me and kept telling me to stop giving them money...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

23. Post #2383
    July 2010
    3,573 Posts
    As a level 6 sharpshooter I can rack up a lot of money. Occasionally I buy as many dual pistols as I can and a machete while I play. In the later rounds when someone is getting close to a scrake/fp for a hunting shotgun blast/stun with katana/axe/whatever I like to drop the machete or a pistol right as they're about to attack so their weapons switch and then they get wrecked.

Its pretty fucking funny
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 3Useful Useful x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #2384
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,950 Posts
    Got it, thanks! People got annoyed with me and kept telling me to stop giving them money...
    "set input n tosscash 1" in the console should work too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #2385
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,660 Posts
    I fucking hate those guys that kill stalkers even though you ask them not to.
    Those guys that rage scrakes when you are low and reloading.
    Those guys that don't give you any money when you really need it.

You know, those guys? Fuck em'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Useful Useful x 1 (list)

26. Post #2386
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,391 Posts
    I fucking hate those guys that kill stalkers even though you ask them not to.
    Those guys that rage scrakes when you are low and reloading.
    Those guys that don't give you any money when you really need it.

You know, those guys? Fuck em'.
    It's gotten to the point where I openly curse them out for it.

Last night there were 3 stalkers in a row, then they exploded, then I saw another and it exploded, then it happened again. "fuck off demo"

They just don't listen when you try to be nice.

27. Post #2387
    screamin 4 da gold
    January 2010
    7,415 Posts
    As demo, should I be using explosives all the time, or should I only use them when I see someone get swarmed? I usually use a lever-action, and rarely use explosives other than when someones in danger.

28. Post #2388
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,203 Posts
    As demo, should I be using explosives all the time, or should I only use them when I see someone get swarmed? I usually use a lever-action, and rarely use explosives other than when someones in danger.
    Generally even when I pack the M32/M79 combo, I primarily use the pistol. If a swarm presents itself, I drop a grenade into it. If a fleshpound shows up, I swap to the M32 and wait for it to rage before dumping into it. If someone gets swarmed, absolutely dump grenades around them, but make sure to hit high and hit walls to take out groups when you can, so you don't blind everyone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

29. Post #2389
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,391 Posts
    I pretty much use the M79 exclusively, sometimes the M32 MGL, but usually I just use the M79 until I get the LAW.

Speaking of, does anyone else think the M4A1 / M203 as a weapon is pretty worthless as a Grenadier weapon? It's the most expensive demo weapon, yet must be reloaded after every shot and carries the least amount of grenades (about 7 iirc). With a price reduction it may benefit as a Commando weapon, or maybe if the bullets still counted as demo damage despite being rifle rounds. But as it stands, it's a terrible weapon for demos, especially if you want to level.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

30. Post #2390
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,553 Posts
    It's gotten to the point where I openly curse them out for it.

Last night there were 3 stalkers in a row, then they exploded, then I saw another and it exploded, then it happened again. "fuck off demo"

They just don't listen when you try to be nice.
    hey man, demos feel the need to kill stalkers because stalkers are one of the reasons we self-damage

he obviously didn't trust you

Edited:

I pretty much use the M79 exclusively, sometimes the M32 MGL, but usually I just use the M79 until I get the LAW.

Speaking of, does anyone else think the M4A1 / M203 as a weapon is pretty worthless as a Grenadier weapon? It's the most expensive demo weapon, yet must be reloaded after every shot and carries the least amount of grenades (about 7 iirc). With a price reduction it may benefit as a Commando weapon, or maybe if the bullets still counted as demo damage despite being rifle rounds. But as it stands, it's a terrible weapon for demos, especially if you want to level.
    I love it but it sucks

my usual loadout for demo are

M79/M32/Mk. 23/Pipe

then

LAW/Pipe

and I usually blow through my load of grenades simply to level. I use explosives ALL the time, whenever I probably can get 4+ kills per shot and there are no high value targets in need of getting sniped... 40mm away!

31. Post #2391
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,391 Posts
    hey man, demos feel the need to kill stalkers because stalkers are one of the reasons we self-damage

he obviously didn't trust you
    That's not it, he's just one of the many people that think "oh a bad guy gotta shoot it" without caring that the Commando 4 feet away needs those to level up.

I usually blow through my load of grenades simply to level. I use explosives ALL the time, whenever I probably can get 4+ kills per shot and there are no high value targets in need of getting sniped... 40mm away!
    This is pretty much what I do, but sometimes I blow up single enemies that go unseen behind out lines or attack teammembers. Crawlers are a common target due to this, sometimes Gorefasts. As for Stalkers, if we have a Commando, I try to let him take them. Sometimes I carry a Bullpup to get Stalkers myself. Also sometimes I fire grenades point-blank at single Clots or Gorefasts to kill / stun them so I can get back.

32. Post #2392
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,982 Posts
    No, certainly not, you can get away with it on lower difficulties sure but you'll pick up bad habbits, Demo is really a utility class shooting only when the team require it to, or placing the handy pipe or 2.

The class is damned expensive to progress through weapon tiers and upkeep when you reach the higher difficulties and ontop of that it's weapons are severly limited, i hate to say it but more often than not a run of the mill Demo is actually a hinderance to a team and a support commando or sharpy would be far better.

That is not to say the class is useless because it most certainly is not pipes can be true lifesavers, as can the LAW but you just have to really know what your doing with them.

Communication is Key, you can make any class and team set up work so long as you are always informed of whats going on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #2393
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    2,603 Posts
    I tried to make as much damage as possible with Commando , but I got kicked for it. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

34. Post #2394
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,982 Posts
    Playing departed holding the box room with a single door, it's wave 2 up till this point we have a guy playing medic healing the beserker standing in the door, the zerka is one of the few that knows what he's doing so he's killing all the stuff at the door allow the rest of us to sit back save ammo and build up cash easy.

Wave 3 hits, the medic decides he want to kill stuff, so he changes from medic to support without tellign anyone, we now have 3 including me. at this point even 1 is surplus to requirments. We get through the round and the zerka almost dies a few times because this idiot swapped to support to burn throough ammo shooting stuff thats already dead.

Wave 4 and I swap to medic to do his job, i ask nicely if the team could keep to the sides so i could keep the zerka on full health and thus always standing in the door killing stuff. everyone steps aside except for mr competitive who tells me to stand to the side so he could kill stuff. The zerka almost dies a couple of times because that fucking idiot stands right behind him blockin every single dart i send his way.

When his health drops to what i could guess a minimim of 80 with 100% armour he tells me to wake up. the zerka is about to die so he's getting all my attention at this point, he has to wait a whole 10 seconds to get healed and it's the last couple of zeds of the round, he is in fuck all danager able to heal himself, but instead of doing that he stops to type and be even more useless by letting a bloat through the door.

I tell him that and he tells me to stfu noob. All the team we're greatfull for what i was doing except for this idiot.

Seriosuly this prick was a level 6 he ought to know better, this is not a bloody competition to get the most kills and it never fucking was, you do what helps the team most, swaping from medic to be a useless and utterly shit support wasting ammo like its going out of fashion on dead fucking ragdolls trying to claw back a 700 kill deficit putting the entire team at risk is bloody stupid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

35. Post #2395
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,391 Posts
    No, certainly not, you can get away with it on lower difficulties sure but you'll pick up bad habbits, Demo is really a utility class shooting only when the team require it to, or placing the handy pipe or 2.

The class is damned expensive to progress through weapon tiers and upkeep when you reach the higher difficulties and ontop of that it's weapons are severly limited, i hate to say it but more often than not a run of the mill Demo is actually a hinderance to a team and a support commando or sharpy would be far better.

That is not to say the class is useless because it most certainly is not pipes can be true lifesavers, as can the LAW but you just have to really know what your doing with them.

Communication is Key, you can make any class and team set up work so long as you are always informed of whats going on.
    Meh fuck high level play, I play for fun, demolitions is fun, LAW is fun as fuck.

High level play is uptight and boring, only classes they use are Sharpshooter, Medic, Support, or Commando, and they chew you out if you try to use anything else.

36. Post #2396
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,982 Posts
    HoE and Suicidal are more challenging and intense. Once you hit 4 / 6 with any perk you fail to get any enjoyment on anything other than hard at minimum because it becomes so easy.

And again no to the uptight part and classes, so long as your 5 / 6 you can play anything you like and no one will care so long as you do a good job, the only class that gets hate is firebug and that is because it's so under powered that everyone else on the team has to do alot more to compensate.

There are pretentious ass holes out there in the world of KF, but in comparison to every other shooter there is far far less than what you seem to think or are led to believe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

37. Post #2397
    July 2009
    5,440 Posts
    HoE and Suicidal are more challenging and intense. Once you hit 4 / 6 with any perk you fail to get any enjoyment on anything other than hard at minimum because it becomes so easy.
    I enjoy playing on beginner sometimes because 1 shotting damn near everything with the pistol as a level 6 sharpie is quite fun    in my opinion   .

38. Post #2398
    August 2010
    529 Posts

Got my level 6 sharpshooter today. Feels good man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11 (list)

39. Post #2399
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,391 Posts
    Is because..? IS BECAUSE..?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 20Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #2400
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,348 Posts
    Is because..? IS BECAUSE..?
    He has loadsamoney.

Edited:

Probly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 21 (list)