1. Post #81
    March 2011
    565 Posts

Re-headhacked AVP3 marines that I got from someone by PM.
    I don't know from what game the previous heads were from, but I'm pretty agree with the original head goes the best(but the arm textures..)
    Does anyone knows/has a link to how to eye/facepose?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Korea, Republic of Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,740 Posts
    I don't know from what game the previous heads were from, but I'm pretty agree with the original head goes the best(but the arm textures..)
    https://developer.valvesoftware.com/..._3D_Studio_Max
    I used that when I was learning to facepose
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,282 Posts

something looks weird about them, i can't put my finger on it. they looked more buffed and more gritty in the game, but i haven't played the game a year now, and it could have been the games effects.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #84
    $$$Good News Everyone!$$$
    January 2007
    4,540 Posts
    Redid the UBCS mercenaries. Again.. these originally had no textures so I had to make them. I did recycle bits from my old UBCS merc.

The skin textures are placeholders.

EDIT: And a female version. Donno if I'll finish this one though.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,276 Posts
    I'm gonna have fun with this.

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    12,429 Posts
    More Dead Rising stuff

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    14,634 Posts

Not much left to do on these guys now.

- Rigging fixes (mostly arms)
    - A few mesh edits (fucking citizens with their fat goddamn necks)
    - POSSIBLY some more suit textures
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 19 (list)

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    12,429 Posts
    Gotta figure out how to remove the black crap on the car key things

9. Post #89
    Better Than Jacknife
    December 2009
    8,781 Posts
    Slappy has some ugly ass fucking legs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    January 2010
    294 Posts
    Slappy has some ugly ass fucking legs.
    and arms
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #91
    February 2009
    693 Posts
    COOL KANE & LYNCH SUIT CITIZENS
    I'd suggest generating a AO map out of the normals. The diffuse looks quite flat, the normals dont fit for some reason. NDO 2 can create some really swag ao's, if you tint the ao in a very dark and desaturated blue and multiply them with the diffuse the results should be quite good. Also NDO expects your normals to be X+, Y+ and Z+ so be sure to flip the channels if needed.

Can't wait for the release.

EDIT

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,995 Posts
    I'd suggest generating a AO map out of the normals. The diffuse looks quite flat, the normals dont fit for some reason. NDO 2 can create some really swag ao's, if you tint the ao in a very dark and desaturated blue and multiply them with the diffuse the results should be quite good. Also NDO expects your normals to be X+, Y+ and Z+ so be sure to flip the channels if needed.

Can't wait for the release.

EDIT

No, the diffuse is fine. These are suits we're talking about here, the idea is to have a flat, single color. Any more shading would make them look they were run through a dumpster, which in a post apocalyptic environment is fine, but we're talking outfits that aren't supposed to fit in that environment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    CUNT DESTROYER
    August 2008
    10,744 Posts

There will be a skimask one, right?

Right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #94
    June 2011
    416 Posts

OMG People wearing suits v2?! :D

You dont know how long I've been waiting for models with shirts like that :D

Also, I 2nd, ADD A SKI MASK!! :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

15. Post #95
    February 2009
    693 Posts
    No, the diffuse is fine. These are suits we're talking about here, the idea is to have a flat, single color. Any more shading would make them look they were run through a dumpster, which in a post apocalyptic environment is fine, but we're talking outfits that aren't supposed to fit in that environment.
    Why do you want very flat suit textures and shirts? Just because shadows get more defined doesnt mean they are post apocalyptic. You just have to do it the right way, you guy keep forgetting that source handles baked normals pretty badly, so you got to put more detail in the diffuse and lower the strength of the normal a bit. My AO at ~20% overlay and some cavity maps should really define the folds better without looking filter-raped.

But hell thats just my opinion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    14,634 Posts
    decided to increase suit count from 13 to 20 (20 fucking suits!!!! that's 40 texture files lol)

got two more to make (the white/pink one may be changed)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

17. Post #97
    January 2007
    4,540 Posts

Made some hair for male08, going to be used with the UBCS mercenaries.

Also it looks like I'm going to be finishing the female mercs after all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,979 Posts

M92FS from Resident Evil 5, + I hacked part of Wesker's Samurai Edge to make a regular one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

19. Post #99
    December 2008
    726 Posts
    Than pistol was ridiculously large in-game.

fucking massive asian handcannon version.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 7 (list)

20. Post #100
    January 2007
    4,540 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

21. Post #101
    June 2011
    416 Posts
    These look great, keep it up!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #102
    Kiss me, I'm Irish
    September 2006
    8,348 Posts
    I feel they need some manly carpet on their chests
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

23. Post #103
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,995 Posts
    This is Galactica Actual, go ahead.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 15Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #104
    July 2007
    105 Posts
    If you turn the models into NPC's, or atleast rig them to citizen anims, I will love you forever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

25. Post #105
    June 2011
    416 Posts

Great!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    14,634 Posts
    those of you asking about balaclava versions for the suits

yes, there will be, once I can fit the piece of shit correctly

(also, there's a sneak peek at another of a few variations coming: armed robbers/bodyguards)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #107
    June 2011
    416 Posts
    those of you asking about balaclava versions for the suits

yes, there will be, once I can fit the piece of shit correctly

(also, there's a sneak peek at another of a few variations coming: armed robbers/bodyguards)

YESH!!! YESH!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #108
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,282 Posts

Made some hair for male08, going to be used with the UBCS mercenaries.

Also it looks like I'm going to be finishing the female mercs after all.
    Give him a scar on his cheek and he looks like Caesar from New Vegas
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

29. Post #109
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,979 Posts
    Give him a scar on his cheek and he looks like Caesar from New Vegas
    He's trying to re-create a specific character from Resident Evil, Nicholai I think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

30. Post #110
    March 2011
    1,821 Posts
    I thought it was supposed to be Spock from the new Star Trek.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #111
    January 2007
    4,540 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11 (list)

32. Post #112
    July 2011
    312 Posts
    Three hole balaclavas are the coolest.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 10Agree Agree x 9Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    14,634 Posts

so while rigging the kevlar vest I discovered that it overran the texture limits (good thing the vest is bodyguard/robber only and they'll have less suit textures to accomodate other extra shit) so I'm stuck to 16 suit variants

which is annoying but also pleasing, as it means I don't have to convert anymore suits to VTF lol

now to get back to finishing the rigging on this vest and then tweaking the suit textures and some other shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

34. Post #114
    June 2011
    416 Posts
    Nice headgear, these are looking good!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #115
    May 2011
    155 Posts
    Three hole balaclavas are the coolest.
    Depends on if you want them to look like terrorists/robbers or not. I think the current style fits the best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,747 Posts

Have I mentioned I love you?

Are you going to be doing rank pipings and insig, too, or just the command uniform?

Incidentally, where did you port this from anyway?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,276 Posts
    I'm the one who hacked it for him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,995 Posts
    Have I mentioned I love you?

Are you going to be doing rank pipings and insig, too, or just the command uniform?

Incidentally, where did you port this from anyway?
    It's a combo of the K&L suit pants and the Mass Effect admiral's uniform. The textures (except the pants normal) are scratch made though. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21161113/uniform_base.jpg

I'm hoping to do a spread of ranks and hopefully even a few different patches. I also asked Rusty to do some custom facemaps.

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,747 Posts
    It's very nicely done so far, hope to see it when it comes out. I'm actually surprised no one's ever taken this up before, so good on you for that.

Rusty have any plans for an eyepatched male_04?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,617 Posts
    Felt like quickly grabbing something slightly different.

Yes I know the middle normal map isn't right
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)