he will eat you
    Sweet mother of christ.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #682
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    12,235 Posts
    He went and posted them anyways.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #683
    Formerly Shotgunguy49
    July 2008
    4,464 Posts
    He went and posted them anyways.
    I don't see why though, His don't look like they have any of the stuff I added like bumpmaps, phong, envmaps, selfillum, skingroups, bodygroups, and fixed world model textures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #684
    August 2009
    1,421 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 11 (list)

5. Post #685
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,776 Posts
    it's too bad not much can be done about the leg pistons. oh and if you look carefully you'll see that the legs aren't actually connected to the pelvis, but you won't really notice that in poses anyway so who gives a fuck
    You could quite possibly use $proceduralbones to animate the pistons as the legs move. But I think it would cause more trouble then its worth
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #686
    Better Than Jacknife
    December 2009
    8,853 Posts
    Something from Beat the Zombie that isn't german?! What tomfoolery are you trying to pull here?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

7. Post #687
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    23,933 Posts
    You could quite possibly use $proceduralbones to animate the pistons as the legs move. But I think it would cause more trouble then its worth
    so it can be done through commands and a specific conf file?

worth a try
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

8. Post #688
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,315 Posts
    Sound interesting, but wouldn't this just repeatedly the animation constantly? Would be annoying seeing them move on it's own, when all you want, is just the piston to move with the leg, without looking odd.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #689
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,776 Posts
    Sound interesting, but wouldn't this just repeatedly the animation constantly? Would be annoying seeing them move on it's own, when all you want, is just the piston to move with the leg, without looking odd.
    What I'm pretty sure it does is when a bone is rotated one direction it tells the other bone to move to the specified position. An example would be the wrist bone, when you rotate the hand it caused the wrist to rotate slightly, preventing it from looking like you broke the wrist.

I see the above issue all the time and here is the easy way to fix it:
    Add this line to your models .qc, but with the correct path to your steam folder:
    Code:
    $proceduralbones "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\*Steam username*\sourcesdk_content\hl2mp\modelsrc\humans_sdk\male.vrd"
    Remember this will only work if you have the valve biped wrist bone on your models skeleton and rigged to it properly (just look at a HL2 characters rigging)

So this should be able to be adapted to work with pistons, once you figure out how it works because this:
    Code:
    <helper> Bip01_R_Wrist Bip01_R_Forearm Bip01_R_Forearm Bip01_R_Hand
    <display> 1.5 3 3 100
    <basepos> 0 0 0
    <trigger> 90 -90 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    <trigger> 90 -90 90 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    <trigger> 90 -90 -90 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    <trigger> 90 0 0 -90 90 0 0 0 0 0
    <trigger> 90 0 0 90 90 0 0 0 0 0
    <trigger> 90 0 0 0 90 0 0 0 0 0
    <trigger> 90 180 0 0 -90 0 0 0 0 0
    doesn't make much sense (thats the configuration code fore the right wrist)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #690
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    23,933 Posts
    uuuuh okay, maybe i'll try that some other time

11. Post #691
    August 2009
    1,421 Posts
    Something from Beat the Zombie that isn't german?! What tomfoolery are you trying to pull here?
    Oh well I guess I went over all the german that possibly exist :P (still some more in the corner I need to get)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

12. Post #692
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,315 Posts
    What I'm pretty sure it does is when a bone is rotated one direction it tells the other bone to move to the specified position. An example would be the wrist bone, when you rotate the hand it caused the wrist to rotate slightly, preventing it from looking like you broke the wrist.

I see the above issue all the time and here is the easy way to fix it:
    Add this line to your models .qc, but with the correct path to your steam folder:
    Code:
    $proceduralbones "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\*Steam username*\sourcesdk_content\hl2mp\modelsrc\humans_sdk\male.vrd"
    Remember this will only work if you have the valve biped wrist bone on your models skeleton and rigged to it properly (just look at a HL2 characters rigging)

So this should be able to be adapted to work with pistons, once you figure out how it works because this:
    Code:
    <helper> Bip01_R_Wrist Bip01_R_Forearm Bip01_R_Forearm Bip01_R_Hand
    <display> 1.5 3 3 100
    <basepos> 0 0 0
    <trigger> 90 -90 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    <trigger> 90 -90 90 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    <trigger> 90 -90 -90 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    <trigger> 90 0 0 -90 90 0 0 0 0 0
    <trigger> 90 0 0 90 90 0 0 0 0 0
    <trigger> 90 0 0 0 90 0 0 0 0 0
    <trigger> 90 180 0 0 -90 0 0 0 0 0
    doesn't make much sense (thats the configuration code fore the right wrist)
    Hmm, interesting, might work out. Though, would need to test it, and if this would work on ragdolls.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

13. Post #693
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    12,432 Posts
    Some New Vegas crap

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #694
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    3,035 Posts
    I thought we agreed that you would stop porting firearms damnit.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #695
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    Bloo wants the monopoly over weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

16. Post #696
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    12,235 Posts
    It's an Arms Race.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 5Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #697
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    12,432 Posts
    and I said I was doing the guns for fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

18. Post #698
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,006 Posts
    Since i figured out how to port stuff from NV too, I call the monopoly on porting vehicles since nobody's done many of them without them being plagued with problems.

And there's not many vehicles ported out of the shitload of them that are in NV.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

19. Post #699
    #420 PRAISE IT
    May 2010
    6,357 Posts
    Hope jerry don't mind us, Droppin in'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #700
    Better Than Jacknife
    December 2009
    8,853 Posts
    Since i figured out how to port stuff from NV too, I call the monopoly on porting vehicles since nobody's done many of them without them being plagued with problems.

And there's not many vehicles ported out of the shitload of them that are in NV.
    Are you gonna get a properly scaled Pick up truck and the army truck?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

21. Post #701
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,006 Posts
    Yeah, eventually. I requested the army truck years ago and nobody managed to do it. I'm working on the B-29 at the moment and it doesn't exactly seem like rocket science, so i might end up doing a vehicle pack again. Probably going to re-port all the cars with correct scaling and without the fucked up UVmaps on the undersides too.

I need to start keeping tabs on all the shit i said i'd do, i've got 2 mass effect prop packs planned/being worked on and about 4 texturing projects i said i'd do.

B29 Done except for physmodel which is too busy sucking dicks to work properly at the moment.

It turned out nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #702
    September 2009
    2,020 Posts
    Yeah, eventually. I requested the army truck years ago and nobody managed to do it. I'm working on the B-29 at the moment and it doesn't exactly seem like rocket science, so i might end up doing a vehicle pack again. Probably going to re-port all the cars with correct scaling and without the fucked up UVmaps on the undersides too.

I need to start keeping tabs on all the shit i said i'd do, i've got 2 mass effect prop packs planned/being worked on and about 4 texturing projects i said i'd do.

B29 Done except for physmodel which is too busy sucking dicks to work properly at the moment.

It turned out nice.
    Any chance you could make a Enola Gay skin for that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #703
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,006 Posts
    I'll make the decal bodygrouped, that way it can just be used as a generic B-29. I'm not going to make any specific skins for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

24. Post #704
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    3,035 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

25. Post #705
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    3,055 Posts

I'm just going to say that they don't count if they're collecting dust in the recesses of your hard drive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing x 6Agree x 4Dumb x 2Funny x 1Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #706
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    12,432 Posts
    Some small stuff before bed

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #707
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,315 Posts
    Shut up with that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #708
    January 2012
    1,231 Posts

funk

Texture updated (leather gloves and boots, which you can hardly see, also sharpen the uniform a bit) and normal maps. Courtesy to Ninja_Nub:

Whoaaa! Is that soldier ragdoll done?
    May I please have a link? Please?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #709
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,898 Posts
    Doom 3 models are ridiculously easy to port.

Shame they look like big blobs without their bumpmaps. The view model comes with animations also from the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

30. Post #710
    Formerly Shotgunguy49
    July 2008
    4,464 Posts
    So I tried something out by porting from SW Republic Commando again. I've got working Droid models with animations and ragdolls now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #711
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,898 Posts
    Eww damn those textures ugly. Are you gonna attempt to spruce them up a bit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

32. Post #712
    Formerly Shotgunguy49
    July 2008
    4,464 Posts
    Maybe, they were really just a test to see if I could get the animations exported and working properly in source.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #713
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    23,933 Posts
    someone was porting that D3 Cyberdemon. what happened to it?

34. Post #714
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,796 Posts
    Doom 3 models are ridiculously easy to port.

Shame they look like big blobs without their bumpmaps. The view model comes with animations also from the game.
    Well use their bumpmaps then? :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #715
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,006 Posts

Bodygrouped the landing gear and propellers, probably going to release this today once i get the wrecked version and the parts ported.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 8Artistic Artistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #716
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,898 Posts
    Well use their bumpmaps then? :P
    That's exactly what you see there. :D

And I thought the Cyberdemon had already been done, otherwise I could have a go at doing it if ya want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #717
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    3,055 Posts

Bodygrouped the landing gear and propellers, probably going to release this today once i get the wrecked version and the parts ported.
    I think it could be a bit more reflective. I know it's worn down, but b-29s had a mirror finish.

It might be worth making a skingroup.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #718
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    23,933 Posts
    And I thought the Cyberdemon had already been done, otherwise I could have a go at doing it if ya want.
    Yes

YES
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #719
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,898 Posts

Awww boy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 7Artistic Artistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #720
    August 2009
    1,421 Posts
    I'm not really good at posing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 6Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)