1. Post #441
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,874 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Lithuania Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #442
    April 2012
    1,216 Posts
    Could I interest anyone in trying out a mutation I'm testing? Shoot me a pm or just say something here, and maybe we could work out a game!
    eh, come to think of it, it's kinda stupid not to just give it out and see what happens. i'll make it a little easier to get started without some dick giving you a list of instructions when I get home.
    Just.
    I got no idea what the game is like with people that aren't already friends/friendly teammates (that's why i wanted to ask internet strangers), and bots have no idea what the hell they're doing ever, so be warned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #443
    RAIN BOW DASH IS TEH BEST PONY! SWAG!
    November 2010
    1,618 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 16Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #444
    May 2011
    6,655 Posts
    I had an idea for a game mode...
    It'd be sorta like Infestation in Aliens VS Predator.

Basically, it starts like a regular campaign.
    But once a survivor is killed, they are switched over to the Special Infected team.

To ensure that they DO actually die, some alterations could be made, maybe make Medkits scarce.

Obviously, it wouldn't be a "serious" game mode, but more of a "get a few friends and fuck around" game mode.

Dunno, mite b cool.

5. Post #445
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,805 Posts
    When I first got Left 4 Dead I thought that's what would happen in Versus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

6. Post #446
    February 2011
    2,049 Posts
    Since when has Left 4 Dead had HWM faces?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

7. Post #447
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,842 Posts
    Since when has Left 4 Dead had HWM faces?
    l4d2 on release and l4d1 since mid 2008 when valve redesigned the survivors
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Zing Zing x 11Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #448
    April 2012
    1,216 Posts
    So, uh. "A way to make it easier to start" turned into "add it to the main menu" turned into "fix the fact that it erased all the campaigns" turned into etcetcetc and
    i guess somehow it turned into this
    (takin down the link cause it's either that, or keep updating each slightly less broken version for the sake of the one or two people total who will ever click it)

With
    some
    explanation
    pictures

i didn't really expect to put this much into making it playable, so now i'm kinda hoping there's some mutation repository

9. Post #449
    May 2011
    6,655 Posts
    Someone should make a Shaun of the Dead campaign.

Stage 1- Suburbs
    Stage 2- Liz's Apartment
    Stage 3- Mum's House
    Stage 4- The Back-Alleys
    Finale- The Winchester

Mum's House can end in a "gas up the car" event and the Winchester Finale would be set to "Don't Stop Me Now", until the survivors need to flee to the basement and pile onto the lift.

Realism Mode removes ALL guns; nothing but melee weapons until you reach the Winchester.

Maybe have some custom weapons (throwable vinyl records, pool cues, etc.) and set pieces (use trampolines to get over fences, etc.)

And of course, the survivors would be Shaun, Ed, Liz, and either David or Mum.

Dunno, I think it'd make for a pretty bitchin' campaign.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Late Late x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #450
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,007 Posts
    Someone made a Shaun of the Dead map for zombie master. It's around somewhere
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #451
    April 2012
    1,216 Posts
    Does anybody know a good mutation repository site thing to use?
    Lookin for a place where I can update it, get feedback, that whole deal. I've found a few sites for mods in general, but they seem to be focused on stuff like making nick look like the joker or zoey topless
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

12. Post #452
    I don't always look faggots in the eyes, but I'm doing it right now.
    July 2010
    490 Posts
    It's either I'm going mad, or I'm already mad. But I could've sworn the elevator event on no mercy 4 spawned an on-going horde.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Saudi Arabia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #453
    Glory To Victotzka
    November 2010
    1,304 Posts
    It's either I'm going mad, or I'm already mad. But I could've sworn the elevator event on no mercy 4 spawned an on-going horde.
    Doesn't it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

14. Post #454
    October 2008
    4,000 Posts
    If I remember correctly, only in Left 4 Dead. In L4D2 they started replacing limited hordes from the first game with gauntlet hordes, the ones you can't beat and have to escape from.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #455
    Kyo
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    515 Posts
    I'm pretty sure the elevator horde in the L4D2 version of No Mercy keeps going until you all board the elevator and start up to the roof.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

16. Post #456
    July 2010
    490 Posts
    I believe it was changed with the latest update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Saudi Arabia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #457
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,384 Posts
    It keeps going, but once the elevator closes, it stops.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #458
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,805 Posts
    What? I've played No Mercy tons of times and we always camp out that one room and then when the hordes all dead we run to the elevator. Is it only like that in Versus? L4D2 by the way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #459
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    5,343 Posts
    I'm pretty sure the elevator horde in the L4D2 version of No Mercy keeps going until you all board the elevator and start up to the roof.
    Yeah I'm doing L4D 1 campaigns and can confirm this. You can stay there forever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events

20. Post #460
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    1,257 Posts
    Looking back I wonder how I played this so much, just the same campaigns over and over.

I really wish they'd make new ones, because a lot of the community survival maps are like every 5 seconds "HERE JUST TAKE ANOTHER TANK YOU'LL BE RIGHT"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #461
    May 2011
    6,655 Posts
    I want campaigns with the following:
    Midnight Riders
    The Three Stooges (Larry, Curly, Moe, and Shemp)    technically four, shut up   
    Abbot and Costello

admit it, you'd play it.

*Hunter pounces*
    "ABBOOOOTTTTT!!!!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree x 3Informative x 1Agree x 1Dumb x 1Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #462
    Glory To Victotzka
    November 2010
    1,304 Posts
    The new mutation is Follow The Litre, don't hold your breath folks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #463
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    1,523 Posts
    I want campaigns with the following:
    Midnight Riders
    The Three Stooges (Larry, Curly, Moe, and Shemp)    technically four, shut up   
    Abbot and Costello

admit it, you'd play it.

*Hunter pounces*
    "ABBOOOOTTTTT!!!!"
    I think Abbot and Costello and Laurel and Hardy would make a good team of four.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #464
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,817 Posts
    Say, if Valve does another installment in the Left 4 Dead franchise, what kind of gameplay changes would you wanna see? Personally, i'd be interested in seeing it take the gameplay in the direction of survival in the game world, as opposed to merely escaping from a location to get somewhere safe.

Another thing i'd kinda like to see would be the Survivors, technically carriers of the infection, be able to augment their capabilities by using mutagens taken from the Special Infected. Their ability to survive in a world ravaged by the infection would be tied to how willing they are to sacrifice their humanity and adapt, plus it'd likely give them some cool abilities to work with.

And one of the last things i'd like to see would be Survivors being able to struggle against the attacks of certain special infected, like trying to rip out the tongue of a Smoker, or throw a Jockey off their backs. It might lower a Survivor's need for a helping hand, but having a few more independent capabilities would be a nice touch.

You guys thought of anything?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #465
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,805 Posts
    More interaction with (other) Survivor AI other than 'hah fuck you ima ring this bell' or 'get me some coke' or 'ok im comin in 10 minutes just hold on'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 16Funny Funny x 3 (list)

26. Post #466
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,233 Posts
    Hats.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb x 3Winner x 1Funny x 1Optimistic x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #467
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    7,270 Posts
    A true singleplayer mode.

Like killingfloor.

Just make the pinning SI do direct damage instead of losing control.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #468
    May 2011
    6,655 Posts
    I wanna see the FUTURE.
    not like spaceships and shit, but a few years after the first infection, just to see what society has progressed (or regressed) to since the infection hit.

Edited:

either that, or something in California, if only to get a Hollywood Backlot/Theme Park campaign.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #469
    July 2011
    581 Posts
    I'd like them to keep the basic premise and gameplay of L4D1/2. But I'd also like to see it take place in Europe, going from say Greece, through England, France and up to Russia. And I'd also like to see them flesh out the current roles and abilities of the infected. Hunter would be great if he had some Mirror's Edge-esque parkour skills, and Smoker's had the ability to set off smoke alarms and fire sprinklers if they were killed in the right place.

Plus handicaps for public versus games. The larger the point gap between the two teams, the more significantly the winning team is handicapped - vision-impairing storms, cut-off routes, less items through their playthrough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

30. Post #470
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,657 Posts
    All that can be done in L4D2 some way or another.

Edited:

I agree with seeing the future of society, but I'd like a different approach to gameplay. Right now it's run and gun from point A to point B, that's pretty much it. A more open world to explore would be pretty neat, in my opinion, though not like GTA or Dead Rising. The four survivors would start where The Parish ended, you're stuck in holding cells similar to The Sacrifice comic, the whole base goes to shit and you've gotta get out, then the whole game world is yours to explore and alter (of course as far as the zombies allow it). This means you could garrison the military base or blow it to shit, travel all the way to some awry shithole and garrison that up.
    Though I guess that gets boring as shit fast. There's no goal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

31. Post #471
    July 2010
    490 Posts
    I'd like Valve to focus more on Campaign mode. Weapons, game mechanics, map design that won't necessarily work in Versus, but would be glorious in Campaign. Of course it would be Campaign only.

Also, I would like to see a realism mode that is more than just "no outglow. zombies take less damage" I what to see something fucking unique. Something like the L4D Apocalypse mod (too bad it's dead now).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Saudi Arabia Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #472
    July 2011
    471 Posts
    I want more dynamic maps, more types of uncommon common zombies and greater emphasis on searching the items.

Also I wrote much more detailed suggestions on my blog some time ago. Please share your opinions if you read them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #473
    June 2008
    5,288 Posts
    deeper storyline, and a character who was studying the infection and knows about it

Also, does anyone have any cool custom campaigns they've played recently? Looking for some more replay value.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #474
    May 2011
    345 Posts
    i want a "next gen" engine providing awesome lighting for each survivor flashlight, dynamic shadows, dynamic weather, and night time maps using all this making the experience epic

Also all the mentioned about better campaign, better survivors (no dumb like rochelle or ellis please..) improved look of infected, no more dumb weapons (frying pan killing charger.. facepalm)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #475
    June 2010
    5,665 Posts
    More guns. 3 times more guns, preferrably the kinds that fit the setting.

In a rainy city like in No Mercy, which do you think is more likely to be found? A flashlight-clad M1911 or a completely decorated Sig Sauer?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #476
    May 2011
    6,655 Posts
    I'd like some more "gimmick" weapons.
    Like the chainsaw.

How fucking awesome would it be to grab an outboard motor or a weed wacker or even just a cinder block on a chain?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

37. Post #477
    November 2011
    242 Posts
    I'd like some more "gimmick" weapons.
    Like the chainsaw.

How fucking awesome would it be to grab an outboard motor or a weed wacker or even just a cinder block on a chain?
    I'm still a little surprised we never got a jimmyrigged flamethrower made from a lighter and can of hair spray.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 2 (list)

38. Post #478
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,620 Posts
    Why not a campaign in Europe?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #479
    December 2010
    3,183 Posts
    Say, if Valve does another installment in the Left 4 Dead franchise, what kind of gameplay changes would you wanna see? Personally, i'd be interested in seeing it take the gameplay in the direction of survival in the game world, as opposed to merely escaping from a location to get somewhere safe.

Another thing i'd kinda like to see would be the Survivors, technically carriers of the infection, be able to augment their capabilities by using mutagens taken from the Special Infected. Their ability to survive in a world ravaged by the infection would be tied to how willing they are to sacrifice their humanity and adapt, plus it'd likely give them some cool abilities to work with.

And one of the last things i'd like to see would be Survivors being able to struggle against the attacks of certain special infected, like trying to rip out the tongue of a Smoker, or throw a Jockey off their backs. It might lower a Survivor's need for a helping hand, but having a few more independent capabilities would be a nice touch.

You guys thought of anything?
    A perspective from the military's point of view. Like a group of 4 soldiers who are carriers but in the shit. Military type high-grade weapons and some comical, serious characters.

Edited:

Well another normal HURR IM A NORMAL SURVIVOR would be boring.

Think military survivor like Day of the Dead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 2Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #480

November 2008
    103 Posts
    deeper storyline, and a character who was studying the infection and knows about it

Also, does anyone have any cool custom campaigns they've played recently? Looking for some more replay value.
    dead city, coal'd blood, dead before dawn, project auburn, vienna calling, dead vacation, city 17, deathcraft, death aboard, death toilet maze, escape from toronto, i hate mountains, night terror, one 4 nine, precinct 84, silent hill, suicide blitz
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)