1. Post #801
    May 2012
    854 Posts
    I'm debating whether or not to get that one mod that makes Boomers go "TWRRRT!" and spit out purple confetti when you pop them.
    I've already got Macho Man Infected, "CHOOOOOCOLATE." Chargers, "Free Candy" Vans, and Sam Jackson's Badass Ale Molitovs, so my game can't get much sillier.
    How about the Bubs soundpack for chargers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #802
    May 2011
    6,230 Posts
    How about the Bubs soundpack for chargers?
    Bubs as in "Bubs' Concession Stand" Bubs?
    If so, for the love of God toss a link my way.

Edited:

Also, I really want a Nic Cage mod for Nick.
    Just imagine it:
    *Gets vomited on by a Boomer*
    "AAAAH, THEY'RE IN MY MOUTH, PFFT, AAAHHHHHHH."

*tosses a Molitov*
    "HOW'D IT GET BURNED?"

*gets lit on fire*
    "Ugh, my skull feels like it's on fire..."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

3. Post #803
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    7,791 Posts
    A mod I sure would like would be, A: lets you give grenades like pills or adrenaline, and B: lets you trade pills/adrenaline with someone else who has the opposite. It's kinda annoying that if I want extra health but I have a shot, I can't take someone else's pills unless we find another item to pick up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

4. Post #804
    April 2012
    5,145 Posts
    A mod I sure would like would be, A: lets you give grenades like pills or adrenaline, and B: lets you trade pills/adrenaline with someone else who has the opposite. It's kinda annoying that if I want extra health but I have a shot, I can't take someone else's pills unless we find another item to pick up.
    There a Sourcemod plugin for that, I use it and it's very useful. Also, it makes the bots pick up defibrillators and throwable items just to keep it when you need it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

5. Post #805
    June 2010
    252 Posts
    Guh, was just playing as some fucking retards in Dead Center. Final stage, some kid named "haXXor" uses two medkits, when at mid-health in the saferoom when NPC Nick is about to die, and when I try to hand the NPC some pills, the kid is running in front of the NPC and picks them up instead, and, despite my polite requests, and the fact their character has near to full health, they use them.

Fast forward to when we're doing the actual finale, and I'm running around getting fuel canisters while the rest of my team does nothing on the ground floor, and we're three fuel canisters away from winning when two people get incapacitated and two special infected strike at the same time, taking out me and someone else, and the whole group dies. The first thing what happens when we start again in the saferoom is that the kid and his friend playing as Rochelle called 'Shock' do is they start shooting me. I manage to incapacitate Shock before haXXor finishes me off. Shock says in chat something along the lines of "hahaha goodbye RumpledBed (my name)".

Moral of the story? Play with people you fucking know. Sorry for the ramble, this just happened and I'm venting my frustration.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Late Late x 1Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #806
    May 2010
    602 Posts
    Guh, was just playing as some fucking retards in Dead Center. Final stage, some kid named "haXXor" uses two medkits, when at mid-health in the saferoom when NPC Nick is about to die, and when I try to hand the NPC some pills, the kid is running in front of the NPC and picks them up instead, and, despite my polite requests, and the fact their character has near to full health, they use them.

Fast forward to when we're doing the actual finale, and I'm running around getting fuel canisters while the rest of my team does nothing on the ground floor, and we're three fuel canisters away from winning when two people get incapacitated and two special infected strike at the same time, taking out me and someone else, and the whole group dies. The first thing what happens when we start again in the saferoom is that the kid and his friend playing as Rochelle called 'Shock' do is they start shooting me. I manage to incapacitate Shock before haXXor finishes me off. Shock says in chat something along the lines of "hahaha goodbye RumpledBed (my name)".

Moral of the story? Play with people you fucking know. Sorry for the ramble, this just happened and I'm venting my frustration.
    Playing with randoms in L4D is a good way to give yourself an aneurysm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #807
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    6,858 Posts
    Spoilers for the movie Cabin in the Woods

Witch and Tank

Boomer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late x 4Informative x 4Funny x 2Dumb x 1Disagree x 1Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #808
    November 2008
    1,139 Posts
    For fucks sake, if they're spoilers don't post big ass images of them, just post the URL to the image.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #809
    ♥ Futashy is best pone ♥
    April 2010
    743 Posts
    Pro Team+ Summer Sale Fags= Rape
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #810
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    17,352 Posts
    Anyone remember the name of a custom campaign for L4D1, it was set in a dream or something, and each map had a different theme. The ones I remember are a funfair-style haunted house, the manor house from 28 Days Later and the Mines of Moria from Lord of the Rings.

I think it was called insomnia or something, but I can't find it on L4D Maps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

11. Post #811
    I love Scandinavians and Ducks
    August 2007
    4,145 Posts
    Night Terror is the one you're looking for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Useful Useful x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #812
    May 2011
    345 Posts
    some 3d modeller over here?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #813
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    17,352 Posts
    Night Terror is the one you're looking for.
    Cheers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #814
    I love liberals, they make me so fucking hard I just want to cum all over the place while fucking a pony.
    January 2008
    4,453 Posts
    would anyone happen to know how to get a non-model texture replacement to work before being packaged up in a vpk?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

15. Post #815
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    17,352 Posts
    Use GCFScape to locate the file you're trying to replace in the L4D/2 VPK files (A VTF viewer would be handy here too) then place the new file in the L4D/2 folder in steamapps/common/left 4 dead [2]/left4dead[2]/materials/[whatever you're wanting to replace].

I think. That's how you did it in older source games, anyway. I can't remember if it works for L4D too; it's been a while since I fucked around with modding.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

16. Post #816
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    7,925 Posts
    Pretty sure you have to make it into a .vpk in order for it to work. It's been a while for me too, but I'm fairly certain the .vpk step can't be skipped. On the plus side though, you don't have to have everything in your mod in the .vpk. So you can have just the texture in its own .vpk and test it out, and then make the full .vpk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #817
    I love liberals, they make me so fucking hard I just want to cum all over the place while fucking a pony.
    January 2008
    4,453 Posts
    ok, thank you.

now for the eternal question, what was valve thinking when they did this system?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #818
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,049 Posts
    ok, thank you.

now for the eternal question, what was valve thinking when they did this system?
    They THOUGHT it would be better for modding.

Meanwhile Chet wants to VAC ban for reskins.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #819
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    7,015 Posts

wait wat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

20. Post #820
    Kyo
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    509 Posts

Mind posting where you found this little tidbit? I'll be genuinely surprised if that's the case.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #821
    March 2011
    1,172 Posts
    Mind posting where you found this little tidbit? I'll be genuinely surprised if that's the case.
    Glancing at the Steam forums, seems like some people are getting this error:

"Please remove plug-ins before attempting to connect to a VAC secured server."

That might be it, though it seems that the L4D2 update today's been causing a lot of bugs, so who knows?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #822
    Kyo
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    509 Posts

That might be it, though it seems that the L4D2 update today's been causing a lot of bugs, so who knows?
    Yikes. I hope it's just a bug, a lot of Valve's servers already disable VPKs, I don't understand why they'd push that stuff on all VAC servers.

Thinking about it, it probably is just a bug. Granted while they don't update it super often, it would be silly to promote community campaigns and fixes and then disable mods on all VAC servers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #823
    I love My Cunt Oven
    August 2010
    3,941 Posts

L4D2 doesn't even launch for me and I was getting a steam server error earlier about it being too busy to handle my request.

Fucking valve not testing this update...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #824
    October 2010
    11,743 Posts
    I don't even have any addons or anything and I can't join games?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

25. Post #825
    I love My Cunt Oven
    August 2010
    3,941 Posts
    I don't even have any addons or anything and I can't join games?
    Valve introduced a VAC bug with the update that disables vpk's from clearing the list of "accepted" addons.

In reality l4d2 is practically broken right now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #826
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    1,017 Posts
    Unfortunately, the original posts are gone now due to the rampant post pruning on the Steam forums, but I'll give you the gist of it: Chet once openly threatened to VAC ban anyone who modified the pak01_dir.vpk file back during the heyday of Left 4 Dead 2. As I recall, it was basically a knee jerk reaction to seeing a video like this posted on the forums. Anyhow, at the time of this declaration, editing the pak01_dir.vpk was literally the only method of implementing custom skins and models in post-Orange Box Source games. (And today, aside from L4D2, this is still true.) Shortly after this threat, Left 4 Dead 2 was updated to allow the VPK add-on system to work with custom skins and models and a CRC check was now enforced upon all of the pak01_dir.vpk files in the game. No so coincidentally, this was also when Valve disabled all custom content on their official dedicated servers in L4D2. In different terms, this is basically the day Source modding died a gruesome and bloody death after painfully withering away for years in miserable anguish.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #827
    March 2011
    1,172 Posts
    Unfortunately, the original posts are gone now due to the rampant post pruning on the Steam forums, but I'll give you the gist of it: Chet once openly threatened to VAC ban anyone who modified the pak01_dir.vpk file back during the heyday of Left 4 Dead 2. As I recall, it was basically a knee jerk reaction to seeing a video like this posted on the forums. Anyhow, at the time of this declaration, editing the pak01_dir.vpk was literally the only method of implementing custom skins and models in post-Orange Box Source games. (And today, aside from L4D2, this is still true.) Shortly after this threat, Left 4 Dead 2 was updated to allow the VPK add-on system to work with custom skins and models and a CRC check was now enforced upon all of the pak01_dir.vpk files in the game. No so coincidentally, this was also when Valve disabled all custom content on their official dedicated servers in L4D2. In different terms, this is basically the day Source modding died a gruesome and bloody death after painfully withering away for years in miserable anguish.
    So in summary, Valve seems to be sacrificing modding freedom with their focus on delivering games that anyone can jump into without encountering "unfair advantages". Or something like that.

If I wanted to, i think I could spin this back all the way to Valve trying to appeal to casual gamers in the same way that meant simplifying several aspects of Portal 2 that don't seem all that necessary, or possibly trying to be more friendly to console gamers.

Whatever it is, I think this might be part of Valve's more and more frequent additions to the paving of the road to hell, so to speak. Not to insult them, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #828
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,610 Posts
    Has this been posted yet?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb x 5Optimistic x 2Informative x 1Disagree x 1Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #829
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,049 Posts
    Still waiting to find out what happens after The Parish.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #830
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    7,015 Posts
    Still waiting to find out what happens after The Parish.
    anything at this point, really.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Zing Zing x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #831
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,049 Posts
    If Valve just released a picture of a crashed helicopter with a bunch of body parts poking out the wreckage that'd be fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 5Funny x 2Optimistic x 1Disagree x 1Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #832
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,764 Posts
    If Valve just released a picture of a crashed helicopter with a bunch of body parts poking out the wreckage that'd be fine.
    too much effort unless it involves crossing over the tf2 universe with l4d2 then theyll do it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #833
    Glory To Victotzka
    November 2010
    1,176 Posts
    I've given up hope of seeing a conclusion to after The Parish. Especially since Valve just did a shoddy port job of L4D1 and touched up Zoey's animations and then left it alone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #834
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    7,015 Posts

rip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #835
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,610 Posts
    Wait, what?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #836
    May 2011
    345 Posts
    l4d2 is awesome in details and polished in every animation
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Dumb x 2Funny x 2Informative x 2Optimistic x 1Disagree x 1Artistic x 1Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #837
    Dennab
    November 2009
    2,472 Posts
    Just recently bought l4d2 now that i have a decent PC and my experience with the community is varied. In one match I had someone who used their mic, played co-operatively and messed around on occasion, a few minutes ago i was in a match where this guy was rambling about how everyone on his team sucks and eventually starting getting legitimately mad yelling about how cheap a mic is and ragequits after we lose the stage. I can't really blame the last guy too much though, the other team completely steamrolled us and won with twice our amount of points.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

38. Post #838
    January 2012
    3,648 Posts
    I know plenty of people might disagree with me, but I think this is how Keith might look like.

I don't know why, but I really do think that this might be how Keith looks like.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events

39. Post #839
    May 2011
    345 Posts
    I know plenty of people might disagree with me, but I think this is how Keith might look like.

I don't know why, but I really do think that this might be how Keith looks like.
    just another dumbass like ellis?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #840
    July 2012
    3,450 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb x 3Artistic x 2Late x 2Disagree x 1Optimistic x 1Funny x 1 (list)