1. Post #641
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,422 Posts
    You do know you don't NEED four people to play Left 4 Dead, right?

With your logic you would need eight people because of versus.

But bill had to go through surgery, not be in quarantine. If he was in quarintine he wouldn't have been able to escape as easily as he had, especially since he was drugged. For example here http://www.l4d.com/comic/comic.php?page=138 the soldier would have to of used a gas mask so he wouldn't be infected. Unless that picture was a joke that flew way over my head.

Also, has anyone ever noticed that Bill probably would have died anyway even if he didn't set off the generators? I mean he fought off zombies and had just as much strength as the other survivors, might have mean't the surgery he got was for something pre mature that could've developed into something life threatening. But I am probably late as hell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

2. Post #642
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,924 Posts
    you have an amazing ability to tell when someones joking
    Yes, because he clearly stated his sarcasm over the text on a screen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Zing Zing x 1 (list)

3. Post #643
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,005 Posts
    But bill had to go through surgery, not be in quarantine. If he was in quarintine he wouldn't have been able to escape as easily as he had, especially since he was drugged. For example here http://www.l4d.com/comic/comic.php?page=138 the soldier would have to of used a gas mask so he wouldn't be infected. Unless that picture was a joke that flew way over my head.

Also, has anyone ever noticed that Bill probably would have died anyway even if he didn't set off the generators? I mean he fought off zombies and had just as much strength as the other survivors, might have mean't the surgery he got was for something pre mature that could've developed into something life threatening. But I am probably late as hell.
    Which is probably why he decided to fuck it all and make sure the other three survived.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #644
    November 2011
    242 Posts
    If the creator of the campaign does it right they don't do that.
    Well, then, I learned something today.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

5. Post #645
    October 2008
    3,933 Posts
    Which is probably why he decided to fuck it all and make sure the other three survived.
    Yeah I felt like the comic was kinda misleading with Bill's intentions. I mean, the bridge being an easy twenty feet up, three tanks, and a monster horde isn't a very good hand to play against. When he thinks to himself, "You can still make it back-" before getting tank'd, I was kinda surprised. With Bill's grim attitude (especially in the comic) I figured he would have known exactly what was going to happen before he even moved.

It matters, too, because it changes the idea of the sacrifice. If Bill thought he could make it back, well, it's just not as selfless. More arrogant, maybe. Had he thought to himself, "Give 'em as long as you can," instead, that would've fit better, perhaps. I dunno.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #646
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,236 Posts
    He probably intended to sacrifice himself, but once he got there in one piece thought "Well you got here okay, then you can go back okay".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #647
    August 2008
    5,610 Posts
    I think I would have really liked the new "Nightmare" Mutation as a campaign mutation.

Then again, all it is, is realism with fog...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #648
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,460 Posts
    So me and my friends found a poker game that apparently uses the L4D characters as models

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Indonesia Show Events Funny Funny x 29Informative Informative x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #649
    July 2010
    1,746 Posts
    So me and my friends found a poker game that apparently uses the L4D characters as models

What, no Nick?
    His Freakin' model name is Gambler, for crying out loud!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #650
    September 2011
    2,066 Posts
    What, no Nick?
    His Freakin' model name is Gambler, for crying out loud!
    perhaps that would have been a bit too obvious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #651
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,303 Posts
    perhaps that would have been a bit too obvious.
    Or maybe it's because they only used models from L4D1.

Also that floor texture is also from L4D. And I believe the bricks, too.

12. Post #652
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,834 Posts
    Or maybe it's because they only used models from L4D1.

Also that floor texture is also from L4D. And I believe the bricks, too.
    what sick deluded person would even use a texture from l4d2 anyway?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #653
    July 2009
    9,844 Posts
    Made a picture again. Just tell me when you dont want them posted here anymore.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #654
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,303 Posts
    Draw me like one of your French infected.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #655
    October 2009
    9,336 Posts
    Wow, that looks like it was officially made as part of a L4D video
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

16. Post #656
    Glory To Victotzka
    November 2010
    1,251 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 8Useful Useful x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #657
    August 2008
    5,610 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #658
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,102 Posts
    Cold Stream release date: http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=8309
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Late Late x 7Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #659
    May 2010
    602 Posts
    Hopefully now we can get something new.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 5Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #660
    August 2008
    5,610 Posts
    They're going to make every mutation playable now? Cool!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #661
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,584 Posts
    Other info coming soon?

Nick's suit for The Spy in TF2. Calling it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

22. Post #662
    I don't think Cold Stream will be pleasant, not even the 360 people will be happy about it being so linear, no variation of dialogue (all dialogue is scripted and no custom context subjects, but some of the Community lines could come in handy! Especially when after killing a tank in South Pine Stream should make Ellis talk about Keith's boulder trap), current lack of L4D2 Beta's Fiddle horde, no custom poster yet and so on... Right now, it feels just the same, not even the dialogue was changed! Ellis says left or right when the only way is RIGHT, "Anyone wanna pick a way to go?" (The stairs are now the only direction, dumbass!)

Don't remind me about the radio, but all they say are "Nick: Roger, we're coming. Coach: Wind it up, here we come." (Not literally what I wrote, that's an example, it's the ONLY things they say!), not even the radio makes any sound nor has it got any custom subtitles (Speaking of Nick and Coach, I'm having deja vu here, I've heard it in Suicide Blitz as well, none of the custom campaigns have any custom dialogue with response rules!)

I'd also like to know how Valve forced No Mercy to use L4D1 style music with only "Event.%ZombieEvent%_L4D1", that could help in custom campaigns for the original Survivors
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #663
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,584 Posts
    Maybe all those changes will be in the final version though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 4Funny Funny x 3 (list)

24. Post #664
    March 2011
    1,256 Posts
    Maybe all those changes will be in the final version though.
    Why are we rating him Optimistic and Funny? Valve could very well add those last minute changes to perfect the maps by the time they ship to 360 and modify the PC content to match.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

25. Post #665
    May 2011
    345 Posts
    Why are we rating him Optimistic and Funny? Valve could very well add those last minute changes to perfect the maps by the time they ship to 360 and modify the PC content to match.
    we all know that devs are lazy as hell...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 6Zing Zing x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #666
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,102 Posts
    we all know that the L4D devs are lazy as hell...
    Fixed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #667
    Dennab
    February 2010
    1,404 Posts

i tried to theme my l4d2 around tf2 so i downloaded some .bik off gamebanana for the main menus but it downloaded wrong

although i have to say it's a pretty cool effect in motion, it looks like a broken tv
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 9Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #668
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    53 Posts
    If you're trying to theme your L4D2 like TF2 you may as well use an old saferoom music mod I made a while back: http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=12857
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #669
    October 2010
    7,947 Posts
    It's so hard to get any good matches lately. My last match, was me vs 3 people who were pre-paired. Once I joined, they locked the lobby(I did not notice until we were ingame), went on the same team, and it was me and bots vs them. On the sacrifice, after the first chapter, I just switched teams so the match would end, and worse yet, THEY HAD MICS when I switched teams, so they were coordinated too. They called me a rager for not wanting to deal with a 3v1 match which was very clearly unfair.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

30. Post #670
    November 2009
    2,905 Posts
    that's a pretty shitty OP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

31. Post #671
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,584 Posts
    Well, looks like I got told. I'll never believe in anything again now...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #672
    Deductive Genius
    November 2009
    3,943 Posts
    Here's something interesting.

Left 4 Dead 1 running on Vita (Using the PS Suite Tools). Too bad Valve has stated they have no interest in developing games for either handheld (Vita or 3DS).

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

33. Post #673
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,778 Posts
    Here's something interesting.

Left 4 Dead 1 running on Vita (Using the PS Suite Tools). Too bad Valve has stated they have no interest in developing games for either handheld (Vita or 3DS).

Looks awesome, but you'd look like a freak when playing it in public, waving your PSVita in front of you and swinging it around and all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #674
    October 2009
    9,336 Posts
    Looks awesome, but you'd look like a freak when playing it in public, waving your PSVita in front of you and swinging it around and all.
    Then don't play with motion sensing? :V
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #675
    March 2010
    427 Posts
    It's acting as a computer gamepad with a built in monitor. The vita couldn't actually run the source engine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Late Late x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #676
    October 2009
    9,336 Posts
    It's acting as a computer gamepad with a built in monitor. The vita couldn't actually run the source engine.
    So, you're saying that it's just a stream of it?

Edited:

In a way remote desktopping?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #677
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,303 Posts
    Anyone got that old poster template?

38. Post #678
    July 2011
    575 Posts
    Anyone got that old poster template?
    Here you go. Keep in mind it's the L4D1 poster template, so you might need to search elsewhere for the L4D2 character renders.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events

39. Post #679
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,303 Posts
    Thank you so much I love you and I want to marry you. I just needed it for all the scratchy shit. I'm painting in everything. No screenshots in this poster.

40. Post #680
    Eyes like a god damn hawk
    March 2011
    4,756 Posts
    I was never able to find L4D2 char templates for poster.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events