1. Post #481
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,676 Posts
    For around 5 years anyone who mentioned squats on the GW forums were perma'd
    That seems rather silly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #482
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,771 Posts
    How can I get superglue off my fingers?
    Warm water, soap and a bit of white spirit iirc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #483
    June 2011
    2,928 Posts
    A Squat is a space dwarf. They used to exist in Warhammer 40k (with a planned Codex mentioned in the Second Edition Codex: Imperial Guard) until somebody got embarrassed and decided their homeworld would be eaten by Tyranids. It is popularly believed that Games Workshop sends out teams to assassinate, kidnap, or otherwise inconvenience anyone who dares mention them. One possibility is that the Squat nobles demanded that some impossible-to-acquire item be put in each of their rooms, and thus locked up the entire working class of Squats, and the whole race starved. Another theory is that Creed is using his tactical genius to hide them until the final showdown with Chaos. It's kinda likely that, what with their "We haz teknologeez!", being Dwarves, drinking, not being assholes, and generally not being depressing, Games Workshop decided they weren't grimdark enuff, and subsequently fed them to the Tyranids (who exist to eat Games Workshop's mistakes, obviously), and at the same time branding the mention of <censored for heresy> as heresy. Heresy - the perfect excuse to retcon!
    i'd love if someone from GW visited me C:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #484
    May 2011
    3,815 Posts
    That seems rather silly.
    But most of them talked about squats just to antagonize the mods.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

5. Post #485
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,182 Posts
    Just got Blood Reaver, which follows the Night Lords. Would anyone recommend other books? I also saw Victories of the Space Marines, The Word Bearers and Space Wolves Omnibus, and the Ciaphas Cain and Horus Heresy series.
    Lord of the Night. Eisenhorn Omnibus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #486
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    9,763 Posts
    Alright guys.

What's your favourite Chaos god, if any.

Mine is Nurgle, without a doubt. Mainly because he's not a crazy god that wants to kill everything.
    He actually cares about his followers, which is nice, even though he recruits with an excruciatingly painful plague.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #487
    June 2011
    2,928 Posts
    Alright guys.

Mine is Nurgle, without a doubt. Mainly because he's not a crazy god that wants to kill everything.
    He actually cares about his followers, which is nice, even though he recruits with an excruciatingly painful plague.
    I like Nurgle most, too.
    because he's a bro.
    and because his minions look coolest. (well, not really because Sound Marines and Khorne Berserkers, but their gods are fags)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

8. Post #488
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,475 Posts
    (well, not really because Sound Marines and Khorne Berserkers, but their gods are fags)
    Y'all just jelly because you can't keep up with how hard we party
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

9. Post #489
    I WOTCH ANIEM
    October 2008
    7,956 Posts
    Alright guys.

My favourite is Tzeentch, but I do not dig the whole YOU ARE DEAD BECAUSE IT WAS ALL PLANNED.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events

10. Post #490
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

11. Post #491
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    9,763 Posts
    If anyone has some painted Plague marines, please post them in a pose where they hold their gun. Make it so that he faces one side, but that you can still see his chest and face clearly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #492
    July 2011
    5,819 Posts
    Is it just me or is Space Marines multiplayer really badly balanced.

Assault just kills literally everything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #493
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    947 Posts
    I miss squats :<(too bad GW decided WE MUST BECOME MORE GRIMDARK)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Estonia Show Events

14. Post #494
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    4,909 Posts

I've been a raptor, dropped on and attacked a devastator with an HB, he just took his sweet time setting up his gun while my power axe was smacking him and then he shot me point blank until I died. The end.

At that point I yell "NO, YOU CAN'T SHOOT IN MY ASSAULT PHASE!"

I have good results fighting assault here, if you can run away a bit it's basically over for them because you can repeatedly force-feed them plasma, roll back and do it again, they can never reach you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events

15. Post #495
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts

Dash away from them when they start to land, shoot them.

Tacticals can counter with bolter, storm bolter, melta, devs can counter with plasma canon, the foot stomp MIGHT save you if you have a lot of team mates near by but eh

Edited:

It's not grimdark why they got rid of dorfs, they did it because they wanted 40k to be more different than fantasy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

16. Post #496
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    21,623 Posts
    I have good results fighting assault here, if you can run away a bit it's basically over for them because you can repeatedly force-feed them plasma, roll back and do it again, they can never reach you.
    Yeah but most of the time they jump around (and on) you and then beat you to death with a chainsword.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

17. Post #497
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    8,984 Posts
    I never really liked them anyways. Bring on more grimdark.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #498
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,647 Posts
    I agree, although I like dwaves and have a few miniatures myself, I still think they should stick to fantasy where they belong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

19. Post #499
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,157 Posts
    Space dwarves are bad but space elves are fine?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

20. Post #500
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    8,909 Posts
    People who don't like Squats just can't apprehend the awesomeness of Dwarf Fortress in the Darkest Millennium of man's history.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 3 (list)

21. Post #501
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    8,984 Posts
    Space dwarves are bad but space elves are fine?
    I'd prefer if the eldar looked less human, but they fit into the universe much better than dorfs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #502
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    Today I learned about Strength D weapons.

Holy mother of god.

Bye bye pesky Land Raiders!

Who needs those Lascannons sponsons when you have a main cannon that always penetrates?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #503
    June 2010
    3,616 Posts
    People who don't like Squats just can't apprehend the awesomeness of Dwarf Fortress in the Darkest Millennium of man's history.
    Dwarf Fortress is pretty fuckin grimdark. It's a game about losing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

24. Post #504
    I WOTCH ANIEM
    October 2008
    7,956 Posts
    This is digi-melta. All of the craftsmanship is of the best quality. It menaces with spikes of ceramite. On the object there is an image of Imhotep and Roboute Guilliman. It represents the kidnapping of Roboute Guilliman by Imhotep during M41.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #505
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    4,909 Posts
    The real reason that squats got extinct is because they had a cat couple at the start of their fortress-monastery.

or
    This is a powerfist, All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. On the object there is an image of dwarves and tyranids. the dwarf is being retconned. The tyranid is laughing. It relates to the events of hive fleet kraken destroying all squats during M3?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

26. Post #506
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts

fuck everything build sentries everywhere
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

27. Post #507
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,769 Posts
    hell yeah just managed to get a copy of Aurelian gold edition for 41

I also managed to spectate my first table top game and, 2 pairs of two guys, one highly competitve pair playing blood angles and chaos and the other a pair of teenagers who were a hell of a lot more fun to watch, both of them seemed to hate to go against nid players, so:

somebody talk to me about tyranids table top wise, what units are worth taking in 1500+ games? what biomorphs are worth taking on said useful creatures?

28. Post #508
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    8,895 Posts
    Today I learned about Strength D weapons.

Holy mother of god.

Bye bye pesky Land Raiders!

Who needs those Lascannons sponsons when you have a main cannon that always penetrates?
    And then it scatters back on you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

29. Post #509
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    8,909 Posts
    The best use of Deathstrike Missiles is close combat prevention.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

30. Post #510
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    4,909 Posts
    I just had to do one last one.

Engraved on the wall is a finely-designed image of Matt Ward the Human and Roboute Guilliman of the Ultramarines the space marine by Dan Abnett. Matt Ward is raping Roboute Guilliman of the Ultramarines. Roboute Guilliman of the Ultramarines is screaming. The artwork relates to the creation of 5th edition codex: space marine and the ascention of Roboute Guilliman to spiritual liege in the Games Workshop headquarters by Matt Ward in 2011.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #511
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    I never really liked them anyways. Bring on more grimdark.
    Squats had the coolest vehicles though, and they had power armor things, they were rad.

32. Post #512
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,101 Posts
    BROTHERS, Our Deep strike has gone awry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 18Funny Funny x 4 (list)

33. Post #513
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    BROTHERS, Our Deep strike has gone awry
    I FUCKING WANT.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

34. Post #514
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    5,509 Posts

Not only is it badly balanced, it's so awesomely laggy it can't actively BE balanced.

Awesome.

35. Post #515
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,182 Posts
    The wonders of Sly Marbo.

36. Post #516
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    6,568 Posts
    The real reason that squats got extinct is because they had a cat couple at the start of their fortress-monastery.

or
    This is a powerfist, All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. On the object there is an image of dwarves and tyranids. the dwarf is being retconned. The tyranid is laughing. It relates to the events of hive fleet kraken destroying all squats during M3?
    I don't give a fuck what the new 'nid codex says, Ghazkull killed the Squats. Period.

Also, against that 'nid player in the 2000 point game, we took the leaked 6th edition rules for a test-drive once again. I won, but barely. At first it started as a ROLF-stomp, with me rolling box-cars TWICE IN A ROW with the Shokk Attack Gun, taking out his Tyrant and a butt-ton of gaunts in my first turn, and the second shot scattered but still managed to maggick away a pesky Zoanthrope. What fucked me was my own Killa Kanz, apparantley in the leaked 6th edition rules (assuming they're legit at all), vehicle explosions just deal automatic wounds within D6" (I personally think this rule is horse-shit) of the unit that blew up, and causes automatic penetrations ("critical hit"), so he killed one Kan with a Mawlock and the explosion from that one killed 20 Boyz, my Big Mek, the last of my 14 Lootas (most of which were eaten by the Mawlock), and the explosion from THAT Kan blew up the one right next to it which proceeded to kill the rest of the Boyz in that squad while only dealing 2 wounds to the Mawlock.

Edited:

The wonders of Sly Marbo.
    I've had a friend do that once. Poor Marbo.

37. Post #517
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    I don't give a fuck what the new 'nid codex says, Ghazkull killed the Squats. Period.

Also, against that 'nid player in the 2000 point game, we took the leaked 6th edition rules for a test-drive once again. I won, but barely. At first it started as a ROLF-stomp, with me rolling box-cars TWICE IN A ROW with the Shokk Attack Gun, taking out his Tyrant and a butt-ton of gaunts in my first turn, and the second shot scattered but still managed to maggick away a pesky Zoanthrope. What fucked me was my own Killa Kanz, apparantley in the leaked 6th edition rules (assuming they're legit at all), vehicle explosions just deal automatic wounds within D6" (I personally think this rule is horse-shit) of the unit that blew up, and causes automatic penetrations ("critical hit"), so he killed one Kan with a Mawlock and the explosion from that one killed 20 Boyz, my Big Mek, the last of my 14 Lootas (most of which were eaten by the Mawlock), and the explosion from THAT Kan blew up the one right next to it which proceeded to kill the rest of the Boyz in that squad while only dealing 2 wounds to the Mawlock.
    >Spam warbuggies
    >Put two on each objective or next to each enemy squad

I haven't written a small game list in like 4 months, how did I do:

38. Post #518
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts

Also, against that 'nid player in the 2000 point game, we took the leaked 6th edition rules for a test-drive once again.
    Which leaked rules? Because the leaked rule set with evasion has been proven fake.

39. Post #519
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    12,664 Posts
    How large is an Emperor-class battleship again? I've looked all over and all I've received is rough estimation and speculation. They're ranging from 12km to 50km.

I'm obviously hoping for the latter.

40. Post #520
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,538 Posts
    How large is an Emperor-class battleship again?
    Pretty big.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)