1. Post #361
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    I'm only sharing this with you guys because I trust you.

http://myworld.ebay.ca/discount_game...id=p4340.l2559
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #362
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    10,674 Posts
    the way the game actually played out, it would make sense to have him as part of a death watch seeing you're a captain in the actual game but don't actually seem to lead anyone (or two marines at max). I'd love to see a marine game like Dead Space mixed with Alien but as a first person shooter involving you as a first person marine with a small squad sent to investigate/purge a ship or area and slowly have your squad killed off until its only you.
    I'd much prefer a game like Amnesia with themes of Dead Space where you play as an Imperial Guard on a massive Imperium ship that has its gellar field partially fail. You have to sneak by the cultists, chaos space marines, and various daemons, all while either embracing or denouncing the Chaos Gods. Multiple endings and bonuses depending on how much you worship the gods.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

3. Post #363
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,914 Posts
    I'd much prefer a game like Amnesia with themes of Dead Space where you play as an Imperial Guard on a massive Imperium ship that has its gellar field partially fail. You have to sneak by the cultists, chaos space marines, and various daemons, all while either embracing or denouncing the Chaos Gods. Multiple endings and bonuses depending on how much you worship the gods.
    "How much" you worship the ruinous powers? HERESY IS HERESY GUARDSMAN, AND MY BOLTER ONLY HAS ONE SETTING.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #364
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,126 Posts
    brotheriamhit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

5. Post #365
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,448 Posts
    SQUAD BROKEN!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

6. Post #366
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    10,674 Posts
    "How much" you worship the ruinous powers? HERESY IS HERESY GUARDSMAN, AND MY BOLTER ONLY HAS ONE SETTING.
    That's the thing. You're in a gigantic space ship in the ass-end of the warp, and the gellar field is fucked. You either turn to Chaos and get a little breathing room, or you keep faithful and get the best ending.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #367
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,155 Posts
    That's the thing. You're in a gigantic space ship in the ass-end of the warp, and the gellar field is fucked. You either turn to Chaos and get a little breathing room, or you keep faithful and get the best ending.
    Best endings is that you kill yourself before you could be possessed by an incredibly powerful daemon. Or you get killed by inquisition.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #368
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    Best endings is that you kill yourself before you could be possessed by an incredibly powerful daemon. Or you get killed by inquisition.
    No a good writer doesn't have to fall back on the "you lose anyways" ending.

so yes I'm saying that spehss mehrine was poorly written   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

9. Post #369
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,155 Posts
    No a good writer doesn't have to fall back on the "you lose anyways" ending.

so yes I'm saying that spehss mehrine was poorly written   
    In the Grimdarkness of Dark Future there is only Fun*.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

10. Post #370
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    6,837 Posts
    It'd be cool if Brighthammer was expanded on more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #371
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,726 Posts
    that be nice, I just want a nice 40k horror game that actually shows chaos as scary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #372
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,126 Posts
    that be nice, I just want a nice 40k horror game that actually shows chaos as scary.

Seeing those Chaos Marines inch slowly down a hallway is pretty scary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

13. Post #373
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,957 Posts
    Is that a dreadnought?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

14. Post #374
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,428 Posts
    Guess it would only be more possible for that to be scary would it being an FPS and playing as an Imperial Guardsmen or less.

15. Post #375
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,301 Posts
    Is that a dreadnought?
    Yes it is. No idea what Dreadnoughts were actually meant to be back then, were they just Robots?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #376
    I'm so Jewish you can suck my nuts.
    April 2009
    9,309 Posts
    Guess it would only be more possible for that to be scary would it being an FPS and playing as an Imperial Guardsmen or less.
    There are positions lower than Imperial Guardsmen?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events

17. Post #377
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,446 Posts
    Conscript.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #378
    September 2010
    4,166 Posts
    PDF?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

19. Post #379
    November 2009
    461 Posts
    Or worse, a civilian...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #380
    September 2010
    4,166 Posts
    Or one of the Psykers who are "fed" to the Emperor
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

21. Post #381
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,901 Posts
    Whoah whoah wait

There's no fighting in Amnesia

What kind of fucking Guardsman doesn't goddamn GUARD SHIT!?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #382
    November 2010
    5,728 Posts
    Enlighten me, pretty please?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

23. Post #383
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,843 Posts
    Enlighten me, pretty please?
    Planetary Defence force. Barely trained militia groups charged with planetary defence.

Basically they are to the guard what the guard are to space marines.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7Useful Useful x 1 (list)

24. Post #384
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,301 Posts
    Planetary Defence force. Barely trained militia groups charged with planetary defence.

Not always. Some may not have as much experiance as Guardsmen but would not just be barely trained Militia.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #385
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    5,096 Posts
    Not always. Some may not have as much experiance as Guardsmen but would not just be barely trained Militia.
    Cadian PDF for one is very well-trained. It says right in the fluff that the only difference between the PDF and the normal guard is that they don't get to have the glory of fighting on another world.
    Most PDFs don't get to see actual war very often though and this is what makes them less good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #386
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    5,967 Posts
    Cadian PDF for one is very well-trained. It says right in the fluff that the only difference between the PDF and the normal guard is that they don't get to have the glory of fighting on another world.
    Most PDFs don't get to see actual war very often though and this is what makes them less good.
    Also, if I were a shady official in a peaceful region, the first thing I'd "save" money on would be the never-used PDF forces.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events

27. Post #387
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,428 Posts
    Or a Penal-legionnaire.

NOW THAT WOULD BE A GAME.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

28. Post #388
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,957 Posts
    Or one of the Psykers who are "fed" to the Emperor
    Surely that would be an incredibly high honour going to preserve the life of the Emperor.

Edited:

Depends on the PDF really, if a Guard group/faction/I don't know what to call them performs well they sometimes get to keep the planet they just liberated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #389
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,553 Posts
    Yes it is. No idea what Dreadnoughts were actually meant to be back then, were they just Robots?
    Nah, they've always been piloted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #390
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,111 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

31. Post #391
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,914 Posts
    A lot of the PDF's shortcomings are also played up by Guardsmen, who often have very low opinions of PDF garrisons. Usually this is justified but in some of the fluff (the Cain book Death or Glory is a good example) the PDF actually prove themselves as decent soldiers.

Although in Death or Glory this was only after all the incompetent PDF were killed by Orks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

32. Post #392
    December 2009
    2,031 Posts
    Just bought Ultramarines Omnibus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #393
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,843 Posts
    A lot of the PDF's shortcomings are also played up by Guardsmen, who often have very low opinions of PDF garrisons. Usually this is justified but in some of the fluff (the Cain book Death or Glory is a good example) the PDF actually prove themselves as decent soldiers.

Although in Death or Glory this was only after all the incompetent PDF were killed by Orks.

The PDF all have terry pratchett's "million to one shot" rule.

If a shot has one chance in a million of hitting. 9/10 it will.

Edited:

Also, space crusade had a pretty damn badass theme tune.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #394
    November 2009
    461 Posts
    Hmmm, I'm building a Crimson Fist army. Should I bother getting that 25th anniversary model?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #395
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    Hmmm, I'm building a Crimson Fist army. Should I bother getting that 25th anniversary model?
    No, that's a collectors model not a game model
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

36. Post #396
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,553 Posts
    No, that's a collectors model not a game model
    Yes, it's a collector's model that is awesome and can be used in games.

Even if it's stupidly overpriced.

37. Post #397
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,428 Posts
    Ol Pedro is pretty boss.

Him combined with Sternguard and you've got yourself a mean team.

38. Post #398
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    Yes, it's a collector's model that is awesome and can be used in games.

Even if it's stupidly overpriced.
    Used as what? The thing comes on a super large base and the model sits really high. The only thing it can be used as is free wounds to your squad.

39. Post #399
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,553 Posts
    Used as what? The thing comes on a super large base and the model sits really high. The only thing it can be used as is free wounds to your squad.
    You can remove the Space Marine himself from the base and place it on a smaller one. If you want the scenic and the game bases to be interchangeable, you can use pins or magnets to hold the model in place.

40. Post #400
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    You can remove the Space Marine himself from the base and place it on a smaller one. If you want the scenic and the game bases to be interchangeable, you can use pins or magnets to hold the model in place.
    Seems like a lot of work for +1 space ork.