1. Post #761
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,576 Posts

Well then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 9Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #762
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,958 Posts
    Found a pretty good MH40k artist on DevArt.

http://masteralighieri.deviantart.com/
    I think he actually does most of the official stuff for gw
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #763
    June 2010
    1,909 Posts
    Tervigon looks appropriately gross.

Awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #764

August 2011
    836 Posts
    New Space Wolves? Oooooohhhh yeaaaah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #765
    Corgi Enthusiast
    June 2009
    588 Posts
    Here's more of the Space Wolf Stuff.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

6. Post #766
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,958 Posts
    I still think the wolf riders are dumb as fuck and grimderp kiddy appeal

but it reminds me of rogue trader comedy so i smile and say "heh" while stroking my second hairy neckbeard chin

Edited:

I'd like to use the wolves in a chaos renegade army though maybe or as a fantasy unit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #767
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,402 Posts
    I still think the wolf riders are dumb as fuck and grimderp kiddy appeal

but it reminds me of rogue trader comedy so i smile and say "heh" while stroking my second hairy neckbeard chin

Edited:

I'd like to use the wolves in a chaos renegade army though maybe or as a fantasy unit.
    Why are they dumb? Space Wolves aren't really the sort to use normal horses.

I thought a Tyrannofex was a Titan? Or atleast should be alot bigger than that one is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #768
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,194 Posts
    Thunderwolves are both awesome and pants on head retarded.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 3 (list)

9. Post #769
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,958 Posts
    Why are they dumb? Space Wolves aren't really the sort to use normal horses.

I thought a Tyrannofex was a Titan? Or atleast should be alot bigger than that one is.
    the idea of a marine riding an animal is retarded

its a rule of cool, in reality those wolves would be ripped to shreds. No other marines in history of 40k have ridden animals - always bikes. Space Wolves before the new codex were Vikings in space, now they're furfags.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #770
    September 2010
    4,175 Posts
    White Scars > rrerr Marines
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

11. Post #771
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    11,053 Posts
    Aren't those models technically    Space Marines riding other Space Marines    given how there's no wolves on Fenris.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 6Funny Funny x 2 (list)

12. Post #772
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,925 Posts
    White Scars > rrerr Marines
    I am unaware of Dragon Marines.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #773
    Salamanders.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #774
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,402 Posts
    Aren't those models technically    Space Marines riding other Space Marines    given how there's no wolves on Fenris.
    I haven't read the book, but from what i've read, that quote wasn't meant to be taken literally.

15. Post #775
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    Why did it have to be Space Wolves? Why?!!

They already competitive enough from what Ive heard, and they are in 5th Edition while Dark Angels and Black Templars are still stuck in fourth. They haven't had a single model between them since their Codex Releases, all they've had is finecast conversions.

Hell, Dark Angels still have their shitty 3rd edition Deathwing Terminators that have never been updated:

And they cost 8.70 EACH

16. Post #776
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,687 Posts
    Fuckin' GW, where's my new Buggy model? >:C
    Never mind, guess they were just TOO DAMN BUSY sculpting a walking uterus and spess furrehs to update a 3rd Edition model.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #777
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,292 Posts
    Salamanders?

God damn it, ninja'd.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events

18. Post #778
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,925 Posts
    Salamanders.
    Well... fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #779
    May 2008
    909 Posts
    So the next codex updates are Tyranids and Space Wolves? Are they just going to drop Tau and Black Templars then?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #780
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,687 Posts
    So the next codex updates are Tyranids and Space Wolves? Are they just going to drop Tau and Black Templars then?
    I don't think it's a codex update, it's just a new wave of model releases.

21. Post #781
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,564 Posts
    Why did it have to be Space Wolves? Why?!!

They already competitive enough from what Ive heard, and they are in 5th Edition while Dark Angels and Black Templars are still stuck in fourth. They haven't had a single model between them since their Codex Releases, all they've had is finecast conversions.

Hell, Dark Angels still have their shitty 3rd edition Deathwing Terminators that have never been updated:

And they cost 8.70 EACH
    Man, if only there was some plastic sprue available with extra Deathwing parts? Or better yet, some sort of Dark Angels conversion sprue.

GW will never put something like that out, though.

Yes, it's not great, but most Chapters don't even get that. Plus there's forgeworld stuff.

Well there is a conversion sprue (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...Id=prod900140a) but its just recycled shit from the Veterans boxset.
    No, the Veterans Sprue also contains termi bits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

22. Post #782
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,869 Posts
    The Wolf Cavalry models turned out as I expected, but I still think they look silly, even for a game like 40K.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

23. Post #783
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    Man, if only there was some plastic sprue available with extra Deathwing parts? Or better yet, some sort of Dark Angels conversion sprue.

GW will never put something like that out, though.
    The conversion sprue is just recycled shit from the Veterans boxset. For literally 5 more you may as well just buy the Veterans set.

24. Post #784
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    11,053 Posts
    I haven't read the book, but from what i've read, that quote wasn't meant to be taken literally.
    But     the Wulfen gene actually turns them into wolves as par my understanding of it though in Prospero Burns they execute a marine after he turns.    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

25. Post #785
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BAKELITE FETISH
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    chaos has the coolest goddamn air vehicles i've ever seen

LOOK AT THAT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #786
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    6,329 Posts
    Out of all the campaigns in Retribution, which one do you guys prefer the most?
    Orks, Nids.

27. Post #787
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,869 Posts
    chaos has the coolest goddamn air vehicles i've ever seen

LOOK AT THAT
    Evil as fuck. Too bad most of the FW flyers are very expensive, as I would have gotten more than one if they weren't. I will probably still get a Fighta-Bommer for my Orks at some point, because it's THAT cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

28. Post #788
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    Evil as fuck. Too bad most of the FW flyers are very expensive, as I would have gotten more than one if they weren't. I will probably still get a Fighta-Bommer for my Orks at some point, because it's THAT cool.
    I don't even play WH40k, I just love the way everything looks. I'd buy one just to paint it. Think I might do that actually, anything you think I should buy just to paint? Benn a while since I looked at the models.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #789
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,958 Posts
    "Wolf wolf wolf wolf wolfity wolf. Wolf wolf, wolfo wolfy wolf wolf wolf. Wolf? Wolf!"
    —Attributed to Wolf Lord Egil Ironwolf, On the Intricacies of Tactical Warfare.

"The best way to defeat a Space Wolf is to wolf his wolf. You must be careful, though, because if the Space Wolf wolfs your wolf first, then your wolf is wolfed."
    —Attributed to Wolf Rider Volk Wolfclaw, On the Weaknesses of the Space Wolf Doctrine.

"A good way to get into a state of pure wolfness, would be that you shall wolf the wolf until the wolfing wolf wolfs. Then, when the wolf wolfs your wolfness, the wolves of the wild will wolf your wolf up. Wolf!"
    —Attributed to Wolf Master Jonal Wolfhand, "The Call of the Nightblizzard".

help

now its story time with the mighty Bjorn:

Storytime with Bjorn the Fellhanded
    The familiar hissing of servos being powered up after decades of idleness filled the echoing sarcophagus he was trying to rest in. As his senses engaged, once more allowing him to see and hear the outside world, the familiar chanting filled his near-dead ears once more.
    "Ah, dammit", he thought, "it's that time of the century again".
    The language of the Space Wolves' rune priests was a harsh, guttural dialect appropriate for harsh people with excesses of phlegm, and if this lot were like the last lot, that was an accurate description.
    Oh well, time to put on the show.
    He cleared his throat and prepared his deep, tired voice for use once more. After all, if he made it seem like he was slowly losing his grip on reality, they might let him sleep longer.
    "WHO AWAKENS BJORN?" he spoke into the microphone, letting the vox casters on the Dreadnought echo it out into the surrounding room. He could already see who was awakening him - the little gimp with the wolf-pubes for a beard - but he had to follow the ritual, make it look all authentic or they would start asking questions.
    "Oh mighty Bjorn, the Fell-Handed-" ahh shit, he hated that nickname, "we awaken thee to help us remember the past, the forgotten and the sacrificed, those who embody the spirit of the Wolf."
    Spirit of the Wolf? That bollocks was new. Normally they went on about the spirit of the warrior and shit.
    "YOU WISH TO HEAR THE TALES AGAIN, DO YOU?" he recited, having said this shit at least half a dozen times in the past.
    "Yes, oh Venerable one, please, tell us." The pube-faced-tard and the collection of ugly dipshits behind him bowed in supplication. He really, REALLY hated having to tell all these tales. Imagine being asleep, and only being woken up every few hours to tell stories, then being put back to sleep. That was his fate, and he was starting to get sick of it. And they always wanted to hear about fucking Leman Russ, too. Woe betide any fucker stupid enough to ask about Leman Russ.
    "FIND ME AN AUDIENCE OF LOYAL WARRIORS, STRONG AND TRUE, WHO MIGHT WISH TO HEAR THE TALES."

Gythor was excited. More then excited, he was ecstatic. He was still a Blood Claw, having not yet earned the opportunity to become a fully fledged Grey Hunter in glorious combat, but he privileged to be one of those alive at the right time to hear the tales of Bjorn, the Fell-Handed. One of the oldest Space Marines still alive, one who saw the Emperor himself! He would hear the glorious tales spoken from the man's own lips - well, vox casters - of great legends that had been fading to the years.
    While he waited he shared an ale with his packmates, but a hush settled over the crowd as the heavy footfalls of a Dreadnought could be heard approaching. All eyes turned towards the massive oak doors of the great hall as it approached, step after step, agonizingly slowly. Just when it sounded like it was right outside the noise stopped. Second after second ticked by, quiet having settled over the room like a blanket over a frightened child. First it was seconds, then it stretched into minutes. Finally a voice down the back of the room spoke up.
    "Do we... open the door for him, or someth-" He was interrupted by the door of the great hall, which had stood for a millennia, essentially exploding inwards, shattering into a thousand pieces and flinging themselves at the assembled Space Wolves. The Blood Claws near the door found themselves with cuts from flying wood all over their faces, one collapsing to the ground with a shard of wood the size of his fist embedded in his eye.
    "Lucky fucker," thought Gythor, "he's going to get SUCH a fucking cool scar."
    "I AM HERE" spoke Bjorn, the words echoing out through the great hall, emerging lifelessly from the vox caster mounted on the Dreadnought. A great cheer rose from the masses of Space Wolves, before they chanted their traditional song of joy, repeating the word 'Wolf' at varying pitches in an almost orchestral sounding song. For a second Gythor thought he heard the vox casters on the Dreadnought mutter 'what the fu-', but he knew such a thing could not be right. Bjorn's voice was as powerful as thunder, a mech like that did not mumble.
    The Space Wolves cleared the path for the enormous, venerable Dreadnought to pace down the length of the enormous hall, his pounding footsteps knocking aside ale tankards within a few meters of him as he passed.

Gythor held his breath in excitement as the Dreadnought reached the head of the hall and turned to face the assembled masses.
    "TELL ME, OF WHICH STORY DO YOU WISH TO HEAR?" boomed his dead, powerful voice. A thousand responses rose at once, Wolves shouting their answers all together.
    The high rune priest, who had followed along behind Bjorn without even being noticed, held his hand out for silence. "Brothers, please! You, Grey-Hunter Rynold, you may ask first." The marine singled out rose from his seat, helmet clutched under his arm with pride.
    "Noble Bjorn the Fell-handed-" an echoed grunt of annoyance echoed around the hall, but no one seemed to notice, "-tell us more of our glorious founder, tell us of the greatness of Leman Russ himself!" Rynold thrust his free hand into the air as if he had achieved some glorious victory in asking his question. From the cheers of agreement of his fellow marines, many felt he had. As the cheers died off, it took a few seconds to realize Bjorn was silent. He had not yet answered.
    The high Rune priest cleared his throat once. "Uh, mighty Bjorn, do you need the question repea-"
    "YOU COCKSUCKERS" bellowed Bjorn. Silence answered his words, until a few of the long fangs near the front of the hall started chuckling, obviously thinking it was a joke. "DON'T FUCKING LAUGH. DO I SOUND LIKE I'M MAKING A JOKE?!" Again, silence answered his words. "SERIOUSLY, I'M WOKEN UP ONCE A FUCKING HUNDRED YEARS TO TELL YOU FUCKERS OF THE PAST, AND EACH TIME I SEE YOU, YOU'VE FUCKED OVER HISTORY EVEN WORSE THEN IT WAS BEFORE!! LEMAN RUSS WAS AN ASSHOLE!"
    Again, silence. The Rune Priest cleared his throat. "Perhaps we should allow noble Dreadnought Bjorn some more rest, shall w-"
    "NO, ENOUGH FUCKING REST. YOU ARE ALL GOING TO HEAR ABOUT WHY LEMAN RUSS WAS A FUCKING DICK. SERIOUSLY. A DICK. YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY I'M CALLED 'THE FELL-HANDED'? HUH? DO YA'? THE FUCKER CAUGHT ME JERKING OFF BEHIND A BIG ROCK ONE NIGHT ABOUT TWENTY METERS FROM THE REST OF THE DETACHMENT! HE KICKED THE ROCK AWAY AND SHOUTED, 'LO, IT SEEMS HE IS BESTING A MIGHTY FELL-BEAST WITH ONLY HIS HAND!"
    Again, silence. This time broken by a slight snickering from some of the younger Blood Claws.
    "I FUCKING HEARD THAT, YOU CUNTS. YOU FUCKING WOLF FUCKERS. YEAH, DON'T THINK I DON'T NOTICE YOUR GROWING OBSESSION WITH WOLVES. SERIOUSLY, WHEN I WAS AROUND WE WERE JUST CRAZY FUCKERS WHO RIPPED OUT OUR ENEMIES THROATS WITH OUR TEETH. NOW YOU'RE FUCKING RIDING WOLVES INTO BATTLE. YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE YOU CAN RIDE INTO BATTLE? FUCKING BIKES! MAYBE EVEN A FUCKING BIKE THAT HAS GUNS ATTACHED!"
    Silence dominated the room in between Bjorn's words. A few of the Wolf-riders cleared their throats nervously and patted their wolf companions, all of whom had a thousand yard stare and the haunted look of molestation victims.

"YOU FUCKERS THINK YOU KNOW LEMAN RUSS? THE GUY WAS A DOUCHE. HIS STRATEGIES WERE 'YEAH, YOU GUYS GO CHARGE THE ENEMY, I'LL SECURE THIS SHACK WITH THESE BITCHES', AND HE WASN'T TALKING ABOUT FEMALE WOLVES."
    The high rune priest held his head in his armoured hands for a second, before standing up once more. "Mighty Bjorn, perhaps we shou-"
    "HE WAS TALKING ABOUT WOMEN. YOU KNOW WHY HE HATED... WHAT'S HIS NAME, THE DARK ANGELS GUY. THAT GEEK, WHAT WAS HIS NAME AGAIN?"
    The Rune Priest, now resigned to this being the second worst Bjorn story-time ever, answered, "He was Lion El'Jonson, mighty Bjorn."
    "YEAH, FUCKING LION EL'JONSON, HE WAS A DECENT MAN. HE AND LEMAN HATED EACH OTHER BECAUSE LION EL' ENJOYED BOOKS. YEAH, THAT'S IT. FIRST TIME THEY EVER MET LION WAS READING A BOOK, LEMAN WALKED IN AND SHOUTED 'HEY, I'M LOOKING FOR MY BROTHER PRIMARCH, ALL I SEE IS A BOOK-READING PUSSY'. THEN HELD HIS HAND OUT TO BE BRO-FISTED. NO ONE DID, SO HE SUCKER-PUNCHED LION TO LOOK TOUGH."
    Again, only silence, this time broken by the sound of an ale tankard being dropped from numb fingers.
    "YEAH, THE GUY WAS A CUNT. WHEN THEY SHOWED HIM THE SCHEMATICS FOR THE LEMAN RUSS TANK, YOU KNOW WHAT HE SAID? HE SAID 'MAKE THE CANNON BIGGER... LIKE MY COCK!' HE DEMANDED THE SCHEMATICS FOR THE PREMIERE TANK OF THE IMPERIAL GUARD BE ALTERED PURELY SO HE COULD MAKE A DICK JOKE!"
    The servos of Bjorn's mighty armoured sarcophagus whirred into life as he suddenly started forward, his pounding feet bringing him back towards the door he burst in from. He did not stop as he crushed his way through a two-millennia-old table, and Space Wolves scattered out of his way with each thudding footstep. The entire assembled chapter watched in amazement as the Dreadnought sulked off, stopping only at the door to turn and speak once.
    "IF YOU FUCKERS WAKE ME AGAIN, IT BETTER BE TO KILL SOMETHING OR ASK ABOUT ACTUAL HEROES, NOT BITCH-STEALING ASSHOLES." And with that, Bjorn walked away, followed by hastily running Rune Priests.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 10Winner Winner x 4 (list)

30. Post #790
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,564 Posts
    wolfwolfwolfwolf
    Bjorn's second story is also good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

31. Post #791

August 2011
    836 Posts
    All respect for Space Wolves has been lost because of this last page. So much for space vikings..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

32. Post #792
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,402 Posts
    But     the Wulfen gene actually turns them into wolves as par my understanding of it though in Prospero Burns they execute a marine after he turns.    
    Wouldn't make sense if that's where they are from, there were Wolves there before the Space Wolves Arrived. Leman Russ was even rasied by Wolves. It might have meant that they are much better than normal Wolves.

Are people complaining about them using wolves, or just using them as mounts?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #793
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,194 Posts
    All respect for Space Wolves has been lost because of this last page. So much for space vikings..
    Dark Angels reign supreme.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

34. Post #794
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    7,751 Posts
    Your mother is like a battlewagon, all da boyz get a ride
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #795
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,461 Posts
    i damn near sneezed ginger ale all over the screen because of this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #796
    boy i sure do love it when my title doesnt fit
    December 2009
    6,512 Posts
    At the stuff that was in reply to me before, I only really thought about the colour scheme of Thousand Sons, I did some reading and changed my plans on what I'm thinking of buying.
    Though it's still going to be thousand sons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #797
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    At the stuff that was in reply to me before, I only really thought about the colour scheme of Thousand Sons, I did some reading and changed my plans on what I'm thinking of buying.
    Though it's still going to be thousand sons.
    Cool, the thousand sons have the coolest overall style of the chaos marines, imo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #798
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    Tervigon looks appropriately gross.

Awesome.
    :C

No, I do not like it sam I am, I do not like the fucking horrible disgusting festering Tervigon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

39. Post #799
    December 2009
    2,031 Posts
    One things that annoys me is that I've played Ultramarines for like 6 years now. I've always been really interested in them and they've always been my favourite chapter.
    But I feel like they're the generic chapter that most noobs go, I don't have a big problem with it, I just feel like I don't really look too creative or unique or whatever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #800
    June 2010
    1,909 Posts
    One things that annoys me is that I've played Ultramarines for like 6 years now. I've always been really interested in them and they've always been my favourite chapter.
    But I feel like they're the generic chapter that most noobs go, I don't have a big problem with it, I just feel like I don't really look too creative or unique or whatever.
    It is your money and time that is being hard spent, if people don't like it you can tell them to get out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)