R R E R R R
    October 2009
    5,156 Posts
    i bet 10bux the 6th edition is priced at least £40
    ...for the pocket edition.

Edited:

...what a shitty page topper

Have some Stormtalon thumbnails

At least it ain't all the ultrasmufs for once.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2722
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,924 Posts
    I fucking hate the Ultrasmurfs. Just throwing that out there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Friendly Friendly x 3Disagree Disagree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #2723
    intercontinental mexican sausage filler
    October 2009
    2,593 Posts
    the white scars' stormtalon needs more red on it in my opinion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

4. Post #2724
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    I need some proper runes to paint on one of my vehicles to show its "possessed". I need some visuals.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #2725
    September 2010
    4,172 Posts
    I fucking hate the Ultrasmurfs. Just throwing that out there.
    They used to be p. cool.

But yeah, Iron Hands > all other weak fleshy Marines
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #2726
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,222 Posts
    I need some proper runes to paint on one of my vehicles to show its "possessed". I need some visuals.
    Take Green Stuff. Apply randomly. Inject random Daemon/zomby/whatever bodyparts you want. Paint it red/Green/Purple/Blue. Success.

Unless you want an early-level possession, in which case you could have something cool, like a hanging body of a driver.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #2727
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    Take Green Stuff. Apply randomly. Inject random Daemon/zomby/whatever bodyparts you want. Paint it red/Green/Purple/Blue. Success.

Unless you want an early-level possession, in which case you could have something cool, like a hanging body of a driver.
    No no no. Font. As in text. Guess I was being vague.

8. Post #2728
    June 2010
    1,896 Posts
    No no no. Font. As in text. Guess I was being vague.

?

9. Post #2729
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    Something like that. I'm leaning towards daedric runes for some reason.

10. Post #2730
    July 2009
    2,351 Posts
    Want to add something more to my Demon hunter/Gray Knight army. Any advice?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

11. Post #2731
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,222 Posts
    You need more Jokaero. You always need more Jokaero.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #2732
    August 2009
    12,429 Posts
    I think the ultrasmurfs would be a lot better if they were actually space Romans like they are supposed(?) to be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

13. Post #2733
    I think the ultrasmurfs would be a lot better if they were actually space Romans like they are supposed(?) to be.
    Also if they weren't the poster boys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

14. Post #2734
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,222 Posts
    Also if they weren't the poster boys.
    The main problem with this, is who will be a Poster Boy, then? Whoever is, gets to carry an idiot all while wearing Plot Terminator Armor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #2735
    Corgi Enthusiast
    June 2009
    588 Posts
    The main problem with this, is who will be a Poster Boy, then? Whoever is, gets to carry an idiot all while wearing Plot Terminator Armor.
    Didn't the Crimson Fists use to be the Poster boys?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

16. Post #2736
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    Didn't the Crimson Fists use to be the Poster boys?
    Rogue Trader used the Crimson fists as the poster boys, 2nd Edition had the Blood Angels as the poster boys, (http://••••••••KTekyR) and in 3rd it was the Black Templars. (http://••••••••KXMlzV)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #2737
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,339 Posts
    Rogue Trader used the Crimson fists as the poster boys, 2nd Edition had the Blood Angels as the poster boys, (http://••••••••KTekyR) and in 3rd it was the Black Templars. (http://••••••••KXMlzV)
    Haa, I actually got the 3rd edition starter set from a friend recently. Opened, unassembled, mostly unpainted, and in otherwise mint condition. I gave the Deldar to another one of my friends who plays deldar, and I kept the marines to add onto my Crimson Fists army. It was a great deal.

18. Post #2738
    officer shitpost
    February 2011
    545 Posts

Hey why the fuck is black skin,big ears and alcoholism an attribute of chaos?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Funny Funny x 6Useful Useful x 1 (list)

19. Post #2739
    Just have different chapters for different boxes, and maybe the codex could have a few chapters working together on the cover.

No need for poster boys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

20. Post #2740
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,575 Posts
    Dark Angels may be the next posterboys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

21. Post #2741
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,167 Posts
    Dark Angels may be the next posterboys.
    God dammit, no. I like the Dark Angels because they're mysterious, creepy and obscure.
    If going to be mad if everyone starts playing them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #2742
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    5,156 Posts
    I'm a Dark Angel! Look at how edgy and mysterious I am, aren't I mysterious hey wanna see what's under the watchers in the dark's hoods? I just love attention~!

-Matt Ward's 6th ed posterboy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

23. Post #2743
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,167 Posts
    I'm a Dark Angel! Look at how edgy and mysterious I am, aren't I mysterious hey wanna see what's under the watchers in the dark's hoods? I just love attention~!

-Matt Ward's 6th ed posterboy.
    Good thing I'm converting my Dark Angels army into a successor chapter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

24. Post #2744
    I play a dark angels successor chapter called: The Legion of the Emperor's Fury, or just "The Legion" for short. I use them mainly as a plot device in my writings, and although their name and color scheme are both generic as fuck, I like to think they have a decent backstory.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

25. Post #2745
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,167 Posts
    I play a dark angels successor chapter called: The Legion of the Emperor's Fury, or just "The Legion" for short. I use them mainly as a plot device in my writings, and although their name and color scheme are both generic as fuck, I like to think they have a decent backstory.
    Cool, mine's about snakes and black robes and stuff. I might make a backstory when I actually get back into painting my stuff, but right now I'm grappling with school stuff, which should last me another week until graduation.

26. Post #2746
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,575 Posts
    Been having a blast with this online game:

http://armorgames.com/play/12884/mis...he-lost-colony

Aliens theme mixed with Space Hulk like gameplay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

27. Post #2747
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #2748
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,351 Posts
    ...for the pocket edition.

Edited:

...what a shitty page topper

Have some Stormtalon thumbnails

At least it ain't all the ultrasmufs for once.
    That looks pretty bad, it's very unimaginative. That and the Stormraven are terrible designs which i think look far too small and blocky, even for Space Marine vehicles. The guns also look completely out of place and the cockpit doesn't look right at all for some reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

29. Post #2749
    September 2008
    1,663 Posts
    You don't need to knock it, just ignore it and paint models you do like.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

30. Post #2750
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,575 Posts
    That looks pretty bad, it's very unimaginative. That and the Stormraven are terrible designs which i think look far too small and blocky, even for Space Marine vehicles. The guns also look completely out of place and the cockpit doesn't look right at all for some reason.
    The Storm Eagle looks much better, but it's like twice the cost of a Storm Raven.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #2751
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    The Storm Eagle looks much better, but it's like twice the cost of a Storm Raven.
    It won't be twice as expensive for much longer, because after the price increase it will be £50. GW being fucking stupid as usual.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

32. Post #2752
    February 2011
    1,958 Posts
    Am I the only one who likes the Stormtalon?

It might not be the most creative, crazy and advanced design, but that's the way the Imperium technology has always been. And it sticks to the common theme of the Imperium, so what's wrong with it? And what would've you liked?

Because you would probably bash it if it was considerably any different from that, for those very reasons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #2753
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    the cockpit doesn't look right at all for some reason.

Edited:

Am I the only one who likes the Stormtalon?

It might not be the most creative, crazy and advanced design, but that's the way the Imperium technology has always been. And it sticks to the common theme of the Imperium, so what's wrong with it? And what would've you liked?

Because you would probably bash it if it was considerably any different from that, for those very reasons.
    I dont think its that bad as everyone says it is. Half of the bitching is just lash from the mark up anyway.

34. Post #2754
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,167 Posts
    I've got a Stormraven I've yet to assemble. Is it possible to replace the servitor gunner with a Space Marine?

35. Post #2755
    February 2011
    1,958 Posts
    The pilot can't see shit in the edited version, how is that even better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #2756
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,555 Posts

Edited:

I dont think its that bad as everyone says it is. Half of the bitching is just lash from the mark up anyway.
    Really, even by 40k standards there's just too much stuff tacked onto the main body of the gunship. Something that small shouldn't be a gunship.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #2757
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    Really, even by 40k standards there's just too much stuff tacked onto the main body of the gunship. Something that small shouldn't be a gunship.
    Keep in mind vehicles are scaled down. Landraiders on the table would be fucking huge if not.

Edited:

Cameras, optical implants...

How do you think other vehicles do it?

38. Post #2758
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,575 Posts
    Space marines with helmets technically don't actually out of them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #2759
    February 2011
    1,958 Posts
    The difference is, those other vehicles still have cockpits with glass that give them good enough visibility around them, while the eddited Stormtalon the pilot can only see straight forward from its position, can't see anything upwards from him and barely can see little below, because the pilot isn't sitting any high inside the cockpit.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The cockpit was fine already, it didn't need any cameras or especial optics

Edited:

And if it bothers you that much, greenstuff it like the edit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #2760
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,222 Posts

Hey guys, I ran across a picture of Storm Tallon in the upper-right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)