1. Post #241
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    You forgot Chaos Gate, YOU KNOW NOTHING!!!
    You mean chaos rising? Yeah not really worth mentioning, hence why I bundled it with DoW 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14 (list)

2. Post #242
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,539 Posts
    You mean chaos rising? Yeah not really worth mentioning, hence why I bundled it with DoW 2
    boxessssss

Chaos Gate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

3. Post #243
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    I also mentioned that I would talk about games I played not randoms
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,885 Posts
    Final Liberation is probably still the best WH40k game, apart for maybe Dark Crusade.
    Chaos Gate had the best soundtrack though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events

5. Post #245
    August 2010
    2,071 Posts
    Final Liberation? Any more info? Someone should add it to the OP if it`s considered that great, along with Chaos Gate, but I heard about that one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

6. Post #246
    June 2010
    2,151 Posts
    I still play final liberation, shame you can't still run it with the FMV's on win7.

What's more absurd is you can still use the TCP/IP internet system pretty reliably so you can still do multiplayer.

Shame It's so hard to record the multiplayer because of the way it runs through, otherwise I'd put some videos up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #247
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,390 Posts
    There is another 40k game called 'Rites of War' where you played as the Eldar and shiznit.

Tis one of the more obscure ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #248
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    10,660 Posts
    Can't believe you're all ignoring the greatest Warhammer game ever, Fire Warrior.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #249
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,363 Posts
    I liked Fire Warrior. Best Depiction of a Bolter bar-none.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #250
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,602 Posts
    Final Liberation? Any more info? Someone should add it to the OP if it`s considered that great, along with Chaos Gate, but I heard about that one.
    All you need to know is it is the best 40k game they have released

11. Post #251
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,542 Posts
    Anyone out there who'd like to play Last Stand?

I reinstalled my game and bought all the DLC while it was on sale and would like to play, but I can't find any groups for last stand.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #252
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,090 Posts
    I'm thinking of somehow making an Eversor assassin count as the captain of my DIY chapter's scout company. (For campaign/friendly game purposes)

Well, I think I need a scout company first..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

13. Post #253
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,289 Posts
    You.... liked Firewarrior? What is wrong with you man!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #254
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    Yeah no, it isn't. The depiction isn't any better than other games and Fire Warrior itself is terrible. It was obsolete when it was released. They put minimal effort into a terrible game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

15. Post #255
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,090 Posts
    Yeah no, it isn't. The depiction isn't any better than other games and Fire Warrior itself is terrible. It was obsolete when it was released. They put minimal effort into a terrible game.
    Fire Warrior was a horrible game, but the bolter felt so.. right.
    In every other game, the bolter has been akin to a beefy assault rifle, not a .75 caliber rocket propelled explosive round killing machine like it is in the lore.

16. Post #256
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,267 Posts
    The Bolter in Firewarrior is pretty close to the fluff description, so is the Dawn of War 2 bolter - but the one in Firewarrior looks and sounds more powerful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #257
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,010 Posts
    God dam coming up whit a chapter name/emble is really hard if your making your own chapter(and are a uncreative person whit names). Any ideas would be nice tough.
    Here is what the color scheme is like
    http://imgur.com/a/Zx3tN#1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Estonia Show Events

18. Post #258
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    so is the Dawn of War 2 bolter
    No it isn't
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #259
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,090 Posts
    God dam coming up whit a chapter name/emble is really hard if your making your own chapter(and are a uncreative person whit names). Any ideas would be nice tough.
    What's the general culture/theme of your chapter?

20. Post #260
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,099 Posts
    I still play final liberation, shame you can't still run it with the FMV's on win7.

What's more absurd is you can still use the TCP/IP internet system pretty reliably so you can still do multiplayer.

Shame It's so hard to record the multiplayer because of the way it runs through, otherwise I'd put some videos up.
    HOW TO RECORD FINAL LIBERATION:
    1) Get CamStudio.
    2) Set it to Record Fixed Region.
    3) 640 by 480px.
    4) Fix it to Top-Left corner.
    5) Begin recording.
    6) Begin game.
    7) Go through the game.
    8) End game.
    9) End recording.
    10) Edit .avi file as needed.

Congratulations, you recorded Final Liberation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

21. Post #261
    January 2009
    8,363 Posts
    You.... liked Firewarrior? What is wrong with you man!
    Nothing, it was a fun game if you ignored the fact that you were a little Fire Warrior. If you play it and pretend you're a Terminator, it's a lot more fun.

It is, one shot kills anything that's not a Space Marine, 3 or 4 shots kill a Space Marine. And the sound, my god.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #262
    April 2007
    259 Posts
    The Bolter in Space Marine is pretty accurate. Things explode when you shoot them. Especially traitor guardsmen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #263
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    5,999 Posts
    If you take the stalker bolter effect, damage, and sound and put it on the Kraken Bolter, that's pretty much a fluff bolter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

24. Post #264
    January 2009
    8,363 Posts
    The Bolter in Space Marine is pretty accurate. Things explode when you shoot them. Especially traitor guardsmen.
    At the start it is, but as the game proceeds and Scar-Boyz and 'Ard Boyz are introduced, it becomes less accurate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

25. Post #265
    June 2010
    2,151 Posts
    HOW TO RECORD FINAL LIBERATION:
    1) Get CamStudio.
    2) Set it to Record Fixed Region.
    3) 640 by 480px.
    4) Fix it to Top-Left corner.
    5) Begin recording.
    6) Begin game.
    7) Go through the game.
    8) End game.
    9) End recording.
    10) Edit .avi file as needed.

Congratulations, you recorded Final Liberation.
    Problem is, with the way cam studio works it doesn't equally match the sound recording.

You play a 20 minute game, the audio comes out as 20 the footage at around 30 minutes.

Messed around for ages but never got the footage to match the audio.

Also as you can see

It comes out flickery and with some major artifacting/ crazy colour change. Will probably have to write some sort of framer, or run it in a VM.

26. Post #266
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,010 Posts
    What's the general culture/theme of your chapter?
    The Chapter itself simply belives Peace through superior firepower.
    Bassicaly the theme is lots and lots of guns.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Estonia Show Events Winner Winner x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #267
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,099 Posts
    Problem is, with the way cam studio works it doesn't equally match the sound recording.
    While I do agree that there are some recording glitches (most of them are minor/rarely persistent), I am rather surprised that there are such problems with sound recording - I haven't experienced those in my recordings. But then again, I haven't tried anything that's too long.

Edited:

All things considered, it's actually possible that my videos capture sound from headphones rather than the game itself, allowing for superior sync.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

28. Post #268
    June 2010
    2,151 Posts
    While I do agree that there are some recording glitches (most of them are minor/rarely persistent), I am rather surprised that there are such problems with sound recording - I haven't experienced those in my recordings. But then again, I haven't tried anything that's too long.

Edited:

All things considered, it's actually possible that my videos capture sound from headphones rather than the game itself, allowing for superior sync.
    I've basically narrowed it down to a couple of points, if you record the audio separately say using a TS recording it is de-synced.

As I'm trying to grab multiplayer stuff I obviously need that kind of recording, using camstudio for the audio only allows the selection of one audio source making it difficult to get the sources working correctly together (although you group TS out and mic in into another source, but again you get the issues) The manual sound sync option in the recorder is a little buggy since it doesn't like decimals.

Essentially it's a right pain in the ass, so next time we are just going to meet up and lan it.

29. Post #269
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,090 Posts
    The Chapter itself simply belives Peace through superior firepower.
    Bassicaly the theme is lots and lots of guns.
    If I allowed myself to grow a neckbeard I would most certainly be stroking it right now. Here we go.

Crimson Enforcers
    Flame Tigers
    Atomic Dragons
    Red Eagles
    Siege Knights
    Fire Saints
    Have fun with that. If they're a bit too corny, feel free to mix a few of the names around until you get something you like.

30. Post #270
    boy i sure do love it when my title doesnt fit
    December 2009
    5,992 Posts
    Call them the Daffodil Rangers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

31. Post #271
    BIG TITLE
    November 2009
    7,553 Posts
    I don't like how in the other games marines can easily die to orks but in Space Marine you pretty much lone wolf thousands of orks no worries.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

32. Post #272
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,602 Posts
    Bolted Warriors

33. Post #273
    August 2009
    4,173 Posts
    I always disliked how more mentions or comments from enemies and leaders during the campain should of been added depending on what race you were.

"Gaze directly into the wrap" - Chaos Marine talking to a Tyranid

Hello your talking to a fucking swarm like biological Necron race based off Aliens and Zerg rushing starship troopers
    I thought tyranids came before zerg?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

34. Post #274
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,289 Posts
    I thought tyranids came before zerg?
    Sounds like he meant the bugs from Starship Troopers (which by the way, did't do Zerg rushes in the books)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

35. Post #275
    So I've been playing Space Marine's campaign recently. And I was totally not surprised upon seeing how    Physic Scourge caused the Chaos invasion to begin. They just needed to mention the Warp only once and I already knew something like that would happen   .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #276
    I'm so Jewish you can suck my nuts.
    April 2009
    9,243 Posts
    I can't wait to find out how    Titus is so Warp-resistant   , if that is something that is going to be revealed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events

37. Post #277
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    5,999 Posts
       Hairdo   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #278
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    23,346 Posts
    IMO    the thing with the daemon host was way too fuckin' obvious. "Eh, uh, I'm a psyker, I can control the bleeding, your argument is invalid!"   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

39. Post #279
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,150 Posts
    I don't like how in the other games marines can easily die to orks but in Space Marine you pretty much lone wolf thousands of orks no worries.
    Nobz can still whoop your fucking ass though if you're not careful. I lost count the number of times I was busy smashing Boyz when, suddenly, "WAAAAAAAGH!" *MAXIMUM KRUMP*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

40. Post #280
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,573 Posts
    IMO    the thing with the daemon host was way too fuckin' obvious. "Eh, uh, I'm a psyker, I can control the bleeding, your argument is invalid!"   
    Well, to be honest, psykers can relatively easily knit flesh together. Especially if they are working for Inquisition, I'd suppose they would be encouraged to learn ways to use their power to heal others, considering how often inquisitorial cells get their asses kicked by daemons/heretics/xenos/space marines.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)