1. Post #241
    March 2011
    3,554 Posts
    I just realized I sleep very little because I hate dreaming. I'm afraid I'll dream nice things, because I hate waking up only to realize everything's as shit as ever. I hardly ever dream as it is, but I had a dream a few nights ago where everything was all good and I was happy, and then I woke up and just cried for like an hour straight.

It's fucking hopeless, and since the only thing I can think off that prevents me from dreaming is not sleeping, my grades are dropping and I'm almost always late for school,and when I actually get there I'm so tired it's hard to pay attention, so I'm falling behind in a lot of subjects.
    Hey man go see a doctor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #242
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,889 Posts
    had my first lucid for about a month last night

i think it was the prednisone suppresing my dreams
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #243
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,425 Posts
    Damn my internal clock is messed up. Yesterday I slept through my alarm and woke up at 1, effectively missing all of school.
    My internal clock is messed up the entirely other way.

I allways wake up around 05:30 and 07:00, which would be quite allright when going to school, but I'm on the schools final-project season. So I go to school only once or twice a week.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

4. Post #244
    ~ pissing excellence ~
    May 2005
    2,844 Posts
    I'm going to a market nearby and I'm wondering is the banana peanut butter sandwich a placebo or it really helps?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

5. Post #245
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,277 Posts
    had a surreal as fuck dream.

was flying in this steampunk airplane, throughout this small yet huge world. One side of it was bright and beautiful with bigass waterfalls and rainbows and whatnot, and the other side was just a vast empty ocean with huge dark clouds behind it (there was also this gigantic girl face staring at nothing with an emotionless expression.

gotta love dream like these.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #246
    March 2008
    726 Posts
    I just realized I sleep very little because I hate dreaming. I'm afraid I'll dream nice things, because I hate waking up only to realize everything's as shit as ever. I hardly ever dream as it is, but I had a dream a few nights ago where everything was all good and I was happy, and then I woke up and just cried for like an hour straight.

It's fucking hopeless, and since the only thing I can think off that prevents me from dreaming is not sleeping, my grades are dropping and I'm almost always late for school,and when I actually get there I'm so tired it's hard to pay attention, so I'm falling behind in a lot of subjects.
    You shouldn't be afraid of dreaming nice things so don't let something like that get you down. You need to sleep, don't take the good dreams as a bad thing and defiantly don't have them affect your real life. It is better to dream of the good rather than the bad all the time.

I'm going to a market nearby and I'm wondering is the banana peanut butter sandwich a placebo or it really helps?
    I don't think it's a placebo. Besides, bananas are delicious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #247
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,892 Posts
    I'm feverish. Cue strange dreams tonight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #248
    Follow me on github!
    January 2009
    2,620 Posts
    had my first lucid for about a month last night

i think it was the prednisone suppresing my dreams

Huh, Strange I had a lucid out of nowhere last night too. First time in about 2 weeks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #249
    March 2011
    3,554 Posts
    My dreams have been getting uncomfortably racist. Last night I was going through like an ethnictown sort of deal. Everything was a restaurant featuring a distinct national cuisine, but each succeeding restaurant had a more racist name. This one restaurant had a sign which didn't even advertise its food. It was just n. plastered on a facade. Eventually I went into a Thai restaurant whose name was probably some play on the prostitute's lines from Full Metal Jacket, where the dream ended.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #250
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,892 Posts
    I'm feverish. Cue strange dreams tonight.
    It was a trippy night, but not a fun one.

Hard to explain but.. it's like reality and dreams started mixing together. The position of my body and limbs and bedsheets and everything controlled how well I did in the dreams and I and my bedsheets basically ended up in ridiculous positions just to "fight well" and I couldn't do anything but go with it because of being so feverish, tired and feeling so weak, I couldn't really think properly. I don't remember details of the dreams but they were about fighting something

Later in the night though it started easing up, I started having normal dreams again. One was about being in an alternate reality where a Greek empire was ruling the world. I took part in the yearly "ice race" which was a hardcore death race on ice. We were allowed to use any vehicle we liked as long as it could move on the icy track, and any weapons to annihilate our opponents. There were 11 racers participating every year, and the three that came in last (positions 9-11) were decapitated by a guillotine for being shit. I came in 5th so I didn't have a problem. But it was a risk we racers were willing to take for the fame and glory of winning the biggest event on the planet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 10Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #251
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,019 Posts
    I had some crazy dreams last night, including a game played in a massive arena with lava and fires pits.

At multiple times through the night, the topic of a kettle's bosom size. Apparently, 20 to 26 is a good size
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #252
    March 2008
    726 Posts
    Is there any method to realizing dream signs in a dream? I know that for some reason I dream about being in school and college but it never hits me at all that I take my classes online.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #253
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    Is there any method to realizing dream signs in a dream? I know that for some reason I dream about being in school and college but it never hits me at all that I take my classes online.
    Not really. It's basically just awareness, and you get better at it as time goes on.

Watched the leaked Avatar: Legend of Korra video thing. Had a cool dream about it. Good times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #254
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    7,327 Posts
    K is a leprechaun around St. Patrick's Day. Mischief and all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

15. Post #255
    March 2008
    726 Posts
    Not really. It's basically just awareness, and you get better at it as time goes on.

Watched the leaked Avatar: Legend of Korra video thing. Had a cool dream about it. Good times.
    Well I started to try and tune myself to do a reality check every time school is brought up, so lets see how that works out.

Also, where was I when the Avatar trailers came out?! I can't wait for Legend of Korra.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

16. Post #256
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,425 Posts
    I was concidering of talking with my teacher on friday about my finishing project and if I could make a comic instead. One that would be somewhat based on dreams.
    Like the one I describe last page.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

17. Post #257
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,019 Posts
    I had a lucid last night. I'm not sure how I got into it, I was just sort of already lucid. It was so completely vivid, it actually looked just like real life. I tried clapping to stabilize it, but I think I did it too much and partially destabilized the dream. I was unable to complete my dream goal, AGAIN, but I did run around my school with no pants on. That was fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #258
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,892 Posts
    And then everything was stuffed into GD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

19. Post #259
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,554 Posts
    I had a dream last night that garry fucked up facepunch and then he got shot and it was on the news everywhere
    yeah
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #260
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2011
    326 Posts

I used to have lucid dreams, now im trying to get OBE(Out Of Body Experience) / Astral Projection. I haven't successed yet. I think you guys should try these too.

(User was banned for this post ("Don't quote the entire OP for a one line reply" - Orkel))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Azerbaijan Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

21. Post #261
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    7,327 Posts
    I used to have lucid dreams, now im trying to get OBE(Out Of Body Experience) / Astral Projection. I haven't successed yet. I think you guys should try these too.
    It doesn't exist.
    Please don't start this shit up again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

22. Post #262
    I spent 10$ and all i got was this lousy title.
    June 2008
    5,229 Posts
    I have really vivid dreams when i fall asleep high, it's a nice feeling being able to remember dreams again after so long.

23. Post #263
    Star Extraordinaire
    May 2011
    4,432 Posts
    I used to have a lot of dreams, and 2 (I think) successful lucid dreams.

I keep a dream journal, but haven't been keeping up with it, as I have had very little dreams the past few months.

I really want to start dreaming again, but I'm having no luck.

any suggestions?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

24. Post #264
    March 2008
    726 Posts
    I used to have a lot of dreams, and 2 (I think) successful lucid dreams.

I keep a dream journal, but haven't been keeping up with it, as I have had very little dreams the past few months.

I really want to start dreaming again, but I'm having no luck.

any suggestions?
    Well it's not that you don't dream it's just that you don't recall it. You can try some of the stuff suggested in the OP.
    How to recall a dream
    Of course, this is the most important question. Most people have difficulty at remembering dreams, simply because dreams are rigged to be forgotten the moment you wake up. Another reason why some dream are easily forgotten is because they were boring and aren't worth remembering. Here's how you improve dream recall.

-When you wake up, don't move or anything. The first thing you must focus on is the dream.
    -Before you sleep, repeat to yourself that you'll remember your dream.
    -Get a dream journal. It makes recall a lot easier and may sometimes help induce lucidity for those doing WBTB.
    -Eat bananas, watermelons and fish. They contain vitamins necessary for dream recall, supposedly.(I have the same dream recall with and without them)
    -If you're desperate, take a single tablet with vitamin b6 or 1 to 2 pills of cod liver oil

Note that dream recall is a powerful placebo capable increasing chances of lucidity, shame it doesn't work on me anymore.
    It's easier to recall once you get rolling, at least for me.

25. Post #265
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,425 Posts
    I made my first character doodle for my dream-comic.
    A ghoulish looking convict with a wrench in his hand.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

26. Post #266
    I found a book saying that things you see in your dreams are actually signs of the real life, and it explains what each sign meant.

Most of the parts actually made sense. I kind of regret not buying the book though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #267
    April 2011
    651 Posts
    Recently I have started taking medication for anxiety that as aside effect gives me very vivid dreams. The last one involved me and two guys I had a threesome with irl solving mysterys and ordering pizza that looked like disney characters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #268
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,554 Posts
    Anyone else actually dream stuff that happens sometime in the future exactly how you dreamed it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #269
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,104 Posts
    I have trouble being able to see properly in my dreams. My vision is very distorted and blurry
    Is this normal?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #270
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,093 Posts
    I have trouble being able to see properly in my dreams. My vision is very distorted and blurry
    Is this normal?
    Try putting glasses on, in your dream?

31. Post #271
    March 2008
    726 Posts
    Or imagine that you are wearing glasses and try taking them off; I hear that works well.

32. Post #272
    I like the zip of Miracle Whip
    January 2010
    4,057 Posts
    I'm having this recurring dream where I'm walking underwater and I'm fully aware of being wet and everything, but I can breathe perfectly normal.

Whenever I reach the surface, I start suffocating. And it looks as though I'm in an indoor swimming pool at some hotel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #273
    Tumornator
    August 2010
    1,279 Posts
    I had a very unusual dream last night....I found myself sitting in a floating bathtub up in the clouds with a view of where I live.

Then all of a sudden the sky goes black and MASSIVE steering wheels start to fly down and crash-land onto my house.

Help me...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iran, Islamic Republic of Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

34. Post #274
    October 2011
    431 Posts
    I'm starting to have strange dreams...
    On Monday night, I had a dream where the main character was a strawberry with a lock on his back. A walrus architect and a human wizard visited his village. They wanted to build a wall, and told the strawberry-man that if he gathered bricks for the wall then the wizard would unlock the lock on his back. On Saturday, I had a dream where I had to protect the girl I like by defending her from anthropomorphic wolves and zombies. I could only kill them by ripping their heads of, and in the end I killed them all.
    TL;DR- Whimsical and/or violent dreams.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #275
    August 2008
    940 Posts
    There was floating Pizza hut in my dream last night.

I bought a snuggie in there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

36. Post #276
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,104 Posts
    everytime i find out that i'm dreaming i wake up. How can i stop this?

37. Post #277
    The Disabled Kid
    Dennab
    February 2011
    4,770 Posts
    was trying to WILD, fucked up though, I fell asleep without thinking.

38. Post #278
    You're Gonna Carry That Weight.
    June 2008
    7,184 Posts
    everytime i find out that i'm dreaming i wake up. How can i stop this?
    Spin around in your dream.

39. Post #279
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,104 Posts
    Spin around in your dream.
    I'll give it a go tonight.

40. Post #280
    Follow me on github!
    January 2009
    2,620 Posts
    I WBTB'd with out realizing this morning, My mothers phone's alarm went off downstairs and I went downstairs and turned it off. Went back to bed. Lucid dream.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)