1. Post #161
    Ask Rohan about rust keys!
    August 2011
    2,785 Posts
    I'm really loving this new update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

2. Post #162
    I DEFY YOU, HEART MAN!
    December 2011
    391 Posts
    I paid 30 bucks for this and they remove jumper? That was my favorite class! I went fast all the time!

gotta go complain
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,584 Posts
    Everything is ridiculously expensive - it will cost me most of my exp just to get soldier back.

Also, if you consider hirezstew's ~8 xp conversion rate, unlocking the full 'wraith' class costs the equivalent of 53000 tokens
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

4. Post #164
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,552 Posts
    I paid 30 bucks for this and they remove jumper? That was my favorite class! I went fast all the time!

gotta go complain
    psst
    It's built into pathfinder now
    Read the patch notes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #165
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,596 Posts
    I know Hirez is trying to keep the prices high so it encourages people to pay real money for boost/VIP, but the current prices for equipment is absurd. New players who did not get many tokens pre-patch don't have a fucking chance of every unlocking anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #166
    I LOVE ANIME AND MAGICAL GIRLS BUT DONT TELL ANYONE
    January 2008
    11,758 Posts

at 91C i just quit the game
    less than 2 minutes to reach such a huge temperature, now imagine leaving this game in main menu for more than 5 minutes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

7. Post #167
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,954 Posts

WHAT I LEARNT IN 'GOING FAST' IS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #168
    rrerr~
    January 2009
    3,457 Posts
    I've been playing this for the past few hours, holy shit is it fun.

I was playing team deathmatch as "DAXM" if anyone here happened to see me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

9. Post #169
    August 2009
    1,072 Posts
    So do you get more exp now? Like, to make up for the tokens you would have gotten before? If so that might explain (a little bit) these high weapon costs. Still, 170,000 is absurd for really anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #170
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,646 Posts
    The menu system is looking awesome.

For those getting no 3d rendering, just repair your install. It seemed to work for me.

11. Post #171
    March 2011
    4,989 Posts
    Yeah, blue plate special needs to be changed for infiltrator.

12. Post #172
    July 2010
    3,836 Posts
    It bugs me that the all the different spinfusors have the same world model. So the light spinfusor has the same world model as the three pronged one the soldier uses. Also, the Thumper still has the smg for it's world model. I don't see how this is an issue since they clearly show them in the menus with proper models. Why haven't they fixed this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

13. Post #173
    STOMBS
    December 2009
    698 Posts
    I think Brute Fractal Grenades need to be nerfed, seriously, offensive generator busts are becoming retarded. I played against one dude who just bumrushed the generator for every live that he had and he would disable the generator every time just by throwing down two fractal grenades, no amount of turrets and juggernauts could defend, and by the end of the game he had 12xDouble Kill allocades and 4xTriple kill allocades. And he would get refills off of ammo pickups which just makes them even harder to defend against.

I don't think anyone has found a counter to it yet, so just go ahead and abuse it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

14. Post #174
    March 2011
    4,989 Posts
    It bugs me that the all the different spinfusors have the same world model. So the light spinfusor has the same world model as the three pronged one the soldier uses. Also, the Thumper still has the smg for it's world model. I don't see how this is an issue since they clearly show them in the menus with proper models. Why haven't they fixed this?
    I imagine they are trying to get the game play working down before worrying to much about the models. I imagine the menus have slightly different versions with better textures and stuff.

15. Post #175
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    2,114 Posts
    Oh dear god evrything has changed, but I have all classes so it's okay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,552 Posts
    They know it's an issue but it's far from a priority.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #177
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,119 Posts
    Come back from hiatus.

Notice new awesome update.

Notice the Tech now has a Thumper.

"Holy shit"

I always sucked with the SMG unless I was fighting a Heavy, now I actually don't suck in battle with the Tech.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #178
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,584 Posts
    They know it's an issue but it's far from a priority.
    While I agree, it's not like it's that hard - they could have done that instead of all the menu animations for example.

Also gameplay wise it does have an effect - it can be misleading when you see a pathfinder with a 'spinfusor' only to find it's actually a bolt launcher
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

19. Post #179
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,646 Posts
    What is this shazbot thing from?

And my team just lost. it was 0/1 points.

I raged.

20. Post #180
    December 2009
    8,851 Posts
    Man is that one sexy menu. I can't believe that the weapons are more then 100 times more expensive then some other upgrades. But I guess as long as classes are cheaper now I can deal with it.

Oh and I got the new weapon for the infil and it pretty much makes killing things easy as pie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #181
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,119 Posts
    Aww they nerfed the Bounty Hunter perk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #182
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,584 Posts
    Aww they nerfed the Bounty Hunter perk.
    Bounty hunter and survivalist were my favorites and both got nerfed :(

Edited:

so badass
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

23. Post #183
    February 2011
    2,217 Posts
    I am the greatest!

Chat spam aside, I got spammed with cdkeys, some of my steam friends are gonna be happy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

24. Post #184
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,119 Posts
    Bounty hunter and survivalist were my favorites and both got nerfed :(
    Oh wait nevermind that, perks can be upgraded now too, fully upgraded it gives back the old 200 per kill and an extra 150 for belt(grenades,etc) kills.

It's actually better than before.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #185
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,821 Posts
    I think Brute Fractal Grenades need to be nerfed, seriously, offensive generator busts are becoming retarded. I played against one dude who just bumrushed the generator for every live that he had and he would disable the generator every time just by throwing down two fractal grenades, no amount of turrets and juggernauts could defend, and by the end of the game he had 12xDouble Kill allocades and 4xTriple kill allocades. And he would get refills off of ammo pickups which just makes them even harder to defend against.

I don't think anyone has found a counter to it yet, so just go ahead and abuse it.
    Yeah I was gonna make a post about this but forgot. We had practically our whole team trying to defend the generator but no, fractal grenades erryday. That guy must've got tonnes of points.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

26. Post #186
    wug
    Tumornator 2: Judgement Day
    June 2010
    2,724 Posts
    So i downloaded it, and then when it finished it had an extra 1.7 mb to download so i was like, yeah, that's small, and then it stopped completely. I closed it and every trace of everything i downloaded was deleted. So i have to download it again. Fuck, when will i get to play?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

27. Post #187
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    Got an invite for this the other day, it's one of the most fun games I've played in a long while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #188
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,646 Posts
    I love the remove friend menu model.

(its a blood eagle curbstomping another blood eagle )

29. Post #189
    December 2009
    8,851 Posts
    So i downloaded it, and then when it finished it had an extra 1.7 mb to download so i was like, yeah, that's small, and then it stopped completely. I closed it and every trace of everything i downloaded was deleted. So i have to download it again. Fuck, when will i get to play?
    Sanic has judged you as unworthy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #190
    STOMBS
    December 2009
    698 Posts
    Yeah I was gonna make a post about this but forgot. We had practically our whole team trying to defend the generator but no, fractal grenades erryday. That guy must've got tonnes of points.
    I bought the class and got full upgrades on the fractal, health, and energy and I went 27 and 3.

It's broken, if there's any other way of putting it, I'm at a loss.

31. Post #191
    December 2007
    2,827 Posts
    They really, REALLY need to up the XP gain rate or lower the cost of certain thing. This shit's ludicrous. Sure, it's balanced for specific little upgrades but I can't imagine playing days and days of this game for each perk, pack and weapon. At least I had enough to buy all the classes and significantly upgrade the Pathfinder whereas pre-patch I only had Pathfinder, Jugg and Infiltrator.

32. Post #192
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,821 Posts
    They really, REALLY need to up the XP gain rate or lower the cost of certain thing. This shit's ludicrous. Sure, it's balanced for specific little upgrades but I can't imagine playing days and days of this game for each perk, pack and weapon. At least I had enough to buy all the classes and significantly upgrade the Pathfinder whereas pre-patch I only had Pathfinder, Jugg and Infiltrator.
    I don't really agree. Sure, the prices need tweaking but I've been playing for a few days and I already have all the classes/upgrades I really want, and I've been able to kill anyone I want from the very beginning with relative ease as I've played other tribes games in the past. If you want more stuff more quickly, give them some money - you haven't paid anything at all yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #193
    December 2009
    8,851 Posts
    They do this on purpose. They need to give you a reason to buy boosts and gold.

34. Post #194
    December 2007
    2,827 Posts
    They do this on purpose. They need to give you a reason to buy boosts and gold.
    Yeah, true. And with the overwhelming amount of options available to me now I shouldn't be complaining, but still, 170,000 each for half the weapons.

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,485 Posts
    The MIRV launcher is fucking awesome on Drydock. I got a couple triple kills in a row by shooting it at light/medium defenders on one of the bunkers.

Edited:

I love the remove friend menu model.

(its a blood eagle curbstomping another blood eagle )
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 8Winner Winner x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

36. Post #196
    July 2010
    3,836 Posts
    The cost of the light assault rifle HAS to be a typo. I think they accidentally added an extra zero to it. 170 000 for it is just dumb since the normal assault rifle isn't even that good, and I think it got nerfed as well because it did around 80 damage before, now it does around 75.

37. Post #197
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,119 Posts
    Oh god did they really remove the advanced graphic options or did I just miss it?

I hate when games just give you a 5 button "Low-Very High" graphics option menu. I could play the game fine with everything very high but shadows turned off, now I can't do that and am stuck on medium settings.

Great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #198
    June 2010
    1,813 Posts

WHAT I LEARNT IN 'GOING FAST' IS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

39. Post #199
    Anyone else think It'd be amazing if melee was it's own weapon?

Same damage, same attack speed. But make it selectable
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #200
    January 2010
    2,751 Posts
    Am I the only one getting a "no server connection" message whenever I try to log in? I started it up once and it worked, and now 4 minutes later after it crashed during loading it keeps on giving me that message whenever I try to log in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)