1. Post #801
    September 2008
    1,057 Posts
    the free to play stuff could kill it if they fuck it up and make it pay to win though...
    I think they've done a fairly good job of it so far.

Other than the prices for weapons of course.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #802
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,750 Posts
    I wonder if anyone's modded this so that sonic music plays when you have the flag...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 13Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #803
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,108 Posts
    Guess who just got a 647 SANICS ski. And I was just a poor techie scouting our base, I was not even trying to go fast until I got hit by a fusion mortar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #804
    Guess who just got a 647 SANICS ski. And I was just a poor techie scouting our base, I was not even trying to go fast until I got hit by a fusion mortar.
    I was not even trying to go fast until I got hit by a fusion mortar.
    I was not even trying to go fast
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 32Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #805
    I spent 10$ and all i got was this lousy title.
    June 2008
    5,220 Posts
    Okay, I've got my key and going to see if there are some training so i can Go fast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #806
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,108 Posts
    Technicians can't go fast and defend the base at the same time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #807
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,114 Posts
    i accidentally clicked bloodeagles too fast and picked soldier at the start of the game

here are the results:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Winner Winner x 3 (list)

8. Post #808
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,610 Posts
    Got into the game, cursor is missing. Got into training, everything is black, can't see shit. Still finish training.

Repairing game files now, lets see if that helps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #809
    Is there a difference between the teams besides aestethics?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #810
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,460 Posts
    Nope.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #811
    Alright validated and repaired DAMN THAT TOOK LONG
    this game better work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #812
    June 2010
    1,805 Posts
    Yes the diamond sword are sand-rakers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 22Agree Agree x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #813
    Click here for instant Gumby.
    November 2010
    4,445 Posts
    No mouse, everything black....Trying again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #814
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,114 Posts
    [release]IF YOU HAVE A BLACK SCREEN/NO CURSOR CLICK THE GEARS ON THE LAUNCHER AND VERIFY YOUR GODDAMN FILES[/release]

that is all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #815
    September 2008
    1,057 Posts
    Matchmaker put me into a server with nobody else

Someone ended up joining eventually and we had a nice little 1v1 for a while until some more people showed up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #816
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,114 Posts
    please add to op

killdozer you automerge-breaking whore i will find you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

17. Post #817
    December 2007
    2,827 Posts
    All these rainbows are making me feel funny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 12 (list)

18. Post #818
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,625 Posts
    [release]IF YOU HAVE A BLACK SCREEN/NO CURSOR CLICK THE GEARS ON THE LAUNCHER AND VERIFY YOUR GODDAMN FILES[/release]

that is all
    Put it in the OP or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #819
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,821 Posts
    why sand-rakers? of all things... raking sand.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #820
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,231 Posts
    fuck, I should have chosen "sanic" as my username
    so I could go fast
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #821
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,114 Posts
    thank you krail
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #822
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,409 Posts
    thank you krail
    I live to serve you, master.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

23. Post #823
    HQRSE FUCKER
    September 2009
    3,046 Posts
    wait what

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 1Late Late x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #824
    July 2010
    3,634 Posts
    This looks like a perfect PC game. Please don't make this pay2win. And also no hats.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #825
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,770 Posts
    wait what

When you were skiing, did you ever see a random cloud appear in front of you for a split second?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #826
    June 2008
    5,220 Posts
    This is a very fun game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Informative Informative x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #827
    Got excited when I heard about this, then heard it was F2P and made by Hi-Rez and disregarded it. (Global Agenda was pretty good, but for some reason it only attracted complete dumbasses.)

Now that everyone's talking about it, though, I decided to get a beta key. The only experience I have with Tribes is with Legions, a clone released a few years ago. Is there a beginner's guide anywhere? So far, I know that I should go fast, and that's about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #828
    I DRAW SEALS
    March 2009
    5,993 Posts
    Unlocked the brute class today. Feels good man. Walk into the enemy generator room, clear it with some prisms, then use the autoshotty to clear out what's left.

Cost a gorillian XP though.

29. Post #829
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,460 Posts
    I know this is going to sound very controversial, but I honestly think the nerfed Tech SMG is useless.

Without the Big-Thumper, the Tech is very much defenseless. I currently feel the Big-Thumper is very cheap so I decided to go back to the SMG to try and be fair and I couldn't kill jack-shit with it. Now I never was a crackshot with the SMG but I was at least able to fend off the odd person who singled me out. Now it's a death-sentence for me.

It's amazing the difference 10dmg makes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #830
    December 2009
    8,851 Posts
    So long as it isn't too silly.

Although a tophat would be hilarious.
    I'm waiting for the juggernaut hotdog suit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #831
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,460 Posts
    Unlocked the brute class today. Feels good man. Walk into the enemy generator room, clear it with some prisms, then use the autoshotty to clear out what's left.

Cost a gorillian XP though.

Oh, you're one of those skillless Fractal-nade spammers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #832
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,341 Posts
    Oh, you're one of those skillless Fractal-nade spammers.
    What's funny about that is people seem to ignore the fact that they have access to arguably one of the best weapons in the game, the heavy spinfusor. One shot lights, 2 shot mediums, and only slightly slower reload.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #833
    June 2008
    5,220 Posts
    Got excited when I heard about this, then heard it was F2P and made by Hi-Rez and disregarded it. (Global Agenda was pretty good, but for some reason it only attracted complete dumbasses.)

Now that everyone's talking about it, though, I decided to get a beta key. The only experience I have with Tribes is with Legions, a clone released a few years ago. Is there a beginner's guide anywhere? So far, I know that I should go fast, and that's about it.
    I done the training things before jumping in a team death-match game because it felt like the easiest thing there is, once i grasp the concept of keeping momentum fluid i'll move onto CTF and the other ones.

34. Post #834
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,231 Posts
    why is everything so expensive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #835
    January 2010
    3,878 Posts
    so i finally played my first game tonight, Shazbot........Shazbots everywhere.

36. Post #836
    August 2011
    203 Posts
    Server went down and i paid PShop a visit.
    still experimenting.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #837
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,409 Posts
    I know this is going to sound very controversial, but I honestly think the nerfed Tech SMG is useless.

Without the Big-Thumper, the Tech is very much defenseless. I currently feel the Big-Thumper is very cheap so I decided to go back to the SMG to try and be fair and I couldn't kill jack-shit with it. Now I never was a crackshot with the SMG but I was at least able to fend off the odd person who singled me out. Now it's a death-sentence for me.

It's amazing the difference 10dmg makes.
    The fire rate is so high on smgs the nerf becomes more pronounced.

I can't really say whether the nerf is a good thing, because while weak on it's own, an aggressive technician who attacks using turret + main gun is extremely powerful.

However it's stupid anyway that the smg is bad when the thumper is so good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #838
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,460 Posts
    What's funny about that is people seem to ignore the fact that they have access to arguably one of the best weapons in the game, the heavy spinfusor. One shot lights, 2 shot mediums, and only slightly slower reload.
    The Heavy Spinfuser is balanced weapon for the class. The Disco Grenades are not.

Fractal's can clear an entire gen-room full of dudes, destroy all deployables in it, and then blow up the level-4 generator.

Edited:

The fire rate is so high on smgs the nerf becomes more pronounced.

I can't really say whether the nerf is a good thing, because while weak on it's own, an aggressive technician who attacks using turret + main gun is extremely powerful.

However it's stupid anyway that the smg is bad when the thumper is so good.
    I agree, it's a bit of a tough issue.

Here is my current stance on the Tech:
    - The Big-Tumper needs to go. Get rid of it. Holy shit why does a defensive class have one of the best offensive weapons in the game.
    - The Light Turrets are not useful enough. They are as brittle as glass and do no damage so a single person can wipe an entire room of turrets without much trouble. The only way they can get kills is by killing dudes before they get their atttention.
    - The SMG (currently) is useless. It does so little damage that combined with the weak turrets the tech really has nothing going for it. (Besides the repair tool and thumper)

39. Post #839
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,141 Posts
    The Heavy Spinfuser is balanced weapon for the class. The Disco Grenades are not.

Fractal's can clear an entire gen-room full of dudes, destroy all deployables in it, and then blow up the level-4 generator.

Edited:

I agree, it's a bit of a tough issue.

Here is my current stance on the Tech:
    - The Big-Tumper needs to go. Get rid of it. Holy shit why does a defensive class have one of the best offensive weapons in the game.
    - The Light Turrets are not useful enough. They are as brittle as glass and do no damage so a single person can wipe an entire room of turrets without much trouble. The only way they can get kills is by killing dudes before they get their atttention.
    - The SMG (currently) is useless. It does so little damage that combined with the weak turrets the tech really has nothing going for it. (Besides the repair tool and thumper)
    -Replacing it with the Thumper DX would work
    -Light turrets are fine as is
    -SMG needs that extra damage back

40. Post #840
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,231 Posts
    are the default weapons for the 3 base classes good? or should I already save up for something else?