1. Post #3601
    moo
    November 2006
    4,834 Posts
    I find it hard to believe that it takes any measure of skill to sit on a hill and continuously click your mouse button..
    It takes skill to live for more than a minute doing that on a hill. If I ever see someone on a hill shooting, I ski behind them and kill them. In the case of a heavy, using the raiders sticky nade launcher will usually kill them instantly if not damage them enough to make them run.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #3602
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,677 Posts
    Rant:

fuck sentinels go back to cowadoody you fucking fags. you think this is a game fucknuts? this here tribes game is about GOING FAST. GOING FAST MOTHERFUCKER. YOU'RE STANDING ON TOP OF A FUCKING TOWER. YOU ARE NOT GOING FAST. i will MURDER you and barbeque your guts for dinner. fuck you and shitty hitscan weapons. go play halo or something you piece of shit.   

Also lists of map from best to worst:

1. Drydock (easiest to get GGFs on)
    2. ArxNovena (Most balanced)
    3. something something ice map that isn't BO
    4. Crossfire
    5.Bella Omega. Holy shit what a terrible map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 16Optimistic Optimistic x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3603
    Ask me about my 'female train' fetish.
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,457 Posts
    I'm tempted to switch back to north american servers.

I seem to connect better (more ping though) to them and get into games faster.

Also means I can rampantly curse and vgs at Funionly as he chases me down and kills me when he's carrying the flag.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

4. Post #3604
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,049 Posts
    I like Bella Omega.

Though prob only because I'm a dirty generator room rat.

I don't like generators.

Katabatic the best though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

5. Post #3605
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,630 Posts
    Rant:

fuck sentinels go back to cowadoody you fucking fags. you think this is a game fucknuts? this here tribes game is about GOING FAST. GOING FAST MOTHERFUCKER. YOU'RE STANDING ON TOP OF A FUCKING TOWER. YOU ARE NOT GOING FAST. i will MURDER you and barbeque your guts for dinner. fuck you and shitty hitscan weapons. go play halo or something you piece of shit.   
    You've obviously never used the Sentinel before. The sniper rifles are extremely difficult to aim at fast moving targets and they only do 500dmg (WHEN fully charged, which takes time). The phase rifle is just flatout useless.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #3606
    Ask me about my 'female train' fetish.
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,457 Posts
    Katabatic is like a generator gloryhole.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #3607
    September 2007
    3,864 Posts
    Drydock masterrace
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #3608
    March 2011
    5,048 Posts
    The phase rifle is just flatout useless.
    There are a number of players that will disagree with you.Generally the phase rifle is much harder to use, but is actually better than the other one. If you rarely, rarely miss, than chances are you will find it superior.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

9. Post #3609
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,630 Posts
    There are a number of players that will disagree with you.Generally the phase rifle is much harder to use, but is actually better than the other one. If you rarely, rarely miss, than chances are you will find it superior.
    It's pretty much the same as the standard rifle except it also uses energy in addition to bullets. I don't see how that is a improvement. The default rifle charges up MUCH faster than your energy supply does.

10. Post #3610
    moo
    November 2006
    4,834 Posts
    I accidentally bought the sentinel class when the switch from tokens to pure exp was made. I never play nor like sniper classes, but since I bought it I figured I'd try it out. First shot I ever take with that rifle I hit the enemy flag carrier right in the head and killed him instantly. I promptly missed every other shot I took though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #3611
    March 2011
    5,048 Posts
    It's pretty much the same as the standard rifle except it also uses energy in addition to bullets. I don't see how that is a improvement. The default rifle charges up MUCH faster than your energy supply does.
    I don't know personally, as I am terrible with sentinel. However, I have read comments from a number of people claiming its effectiveness. Largely, it allows for much faster and quicker shots from the get go, great for nailing a target with a short window. I am told that it is far better against fast targets, for this reason, as often the charge up time is too long. The general consensus among the people who use it, is that, if you miss 1 of 3-4 shots, your probably better off using the other one. The phase rifle has little margin for error.

12. Post #3612
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts

4. Crossfire

Drydock is terrible if you aren't a pathfinder.

My list would probably be:
    Katabatic (Awesome for skiing, bases are fun to defend as technician/doombringer. Only problem is it's still a little unbalanced)
    Crossfire (Very balanced, bases are well designed, fun for skiing although it would be a lot better with some larger hills, or a bit more distance between the bases)
    ArxNovena (fun, but it seems like it goes to overtime almost every game, because the bases are so easy to defend.)
    Drydock/Bella Omega tied for worst.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #3613
    May 2011
    2,479 Posts
    played a horrible match yesterday on DryDock. 3 people with names simaler to xXQUICKSCOPEXx or xXPROSNIPERXx llama grabbing, and a doombringer camping on top of those spires calling everyone cod fags and cod noobs because we would just tactical strike him. oh, and also most of there team were spamming in chat "TOO MANY SNIPERS" even though the only sniper in the game was me
    Drydock is terrible if you aren't a pathfinder.
    Oh i would beg to differ. that map easily has the best generator room for raider
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

14. Post #3614
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    played a horrible match yesterday on DryDock. 3 people with names simaler to xXQUICKSCOPEXx or xXPROSNIPERXx llama grabbing, and a doombringer camping on top of those spires calling everyone cod fags and cod noobs because we would just tactical strike him. oh, and also most of there team were spamming in chat "TOO MANY SNIPERS" even though the only sniper in the game was me

Oh i would beg to differ. that map easily has the best generator room for raider
    That's the problem, the bases are so open that turrets and forcefields don't have much chance of stopping the other team from grabbing the flag, so defensive classes just defend the generators instead, and it seems like more than half the team is underground.

15. Post #3615
    May 2011
    2,479 Posts
    That's the problem, the bases are so open that turrets and forcefields don't have much chance of stopping the other team from grabbing the flag, so defensive classes just defend the generators instead, and it seems like more than half the team is underground.
    No I mean that the generator room is good for attacking as a raider. its very enclosed compared to generator rooms on other maps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

16. Post #3616
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    13,068 Posts

I swear to god if they bring back grappling hooks I will love this game more than I already do.
    SANDRAKERS DARE CHANGE OUR GAME! NOT ON MY WATCH.

Pretty much the reaction you'd get. Even though the grappling hook was an amazing addition.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events

17. Post #3617
    Yoshi Member
    June 2010
    2,299 Posts
    Anyone know how a guy can get a beta key for this? I've been looking all over.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #3618
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,935 Posts
    Ah man, This recently caught my attention. I would love to play it... once i get a new computer and such. Untill then, im going to have to watch this at the sidelines, its like getting into Garrys Mod all over again.

I suppose it could be the first game i play on a new rig. If it stays popular hopefully.

Dat Voiceset Spam. Delicious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #3619
    April 2008
    1,242 Posts
    Rant:

4. Crossfire
    Was I the Sentinel eating you alive? Sorry, to make people hate me less ingame I have taken to making all heavies arrive at our base with <1000 hp whenever possible.

The only time I will actually go for heavies specifially is if they are dueling someone, the rules of dueling get someone down to low health get kill stole. That is how all of my deaths occur anyways, fighting a juggernaut out of nowhere a pathfinder splashes a disc at me while at low health.

Crossfire is an amazing Sentinel map, cover whole base with jammers Infilitrators wonder why people keep shooting them when cloaked. Kill all light turret on enemy base, shot high flying Pathfinders before they think about going for a flag grab.

20. Post #3620
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,373 Posts
    I am tempted to try this game, but i feel like moving at the speed of light while trying to fight other people moving at the speed of light wouldn't work well for me.

21. Post #3621
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,213 Posts
    Like their facebook page
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #3622
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts
    Rant:

guess all that rage means you arent going fast enough maybe you should focus less on sents not going fast and more on yourself

Edited:

guess you didnt look hard enough
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events

23. Post #3623
    No such thing as overkill.
    January 2007
    7,999 Posts
    Thats because the soldier doesn't come with spinfusor standard. Also in most cases going fast > health.
    A good team setup has at least half the team on offense, most should be pathfinder.
    Well, that's what I mean. In a game with nine classes, it doesn't seem right that the majority of the team's offense should be composed of just one class. Pathfinders can fight pretty well and can grab flags and zip across the map at lightning speed. They're the jack of all trades, a role which should rightly belong to the Soldier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #3624
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts
    Well, that's what I mean. In a game with nine classes, it doesn't seem right that the majority of the team's offense should be composed of just one class. Pathfinders can fight pretty well and can grab flags and zip across the map at lightning speed. They're the jack of all trades, a role which should rightly belong to the Soldier.
    no
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #3625
    January 2007
    7,999 Posts
    No to which part?

26. Post #3626
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    13,248 Posts
    Sentinels are great against people that are about to cap the flag. Usually the pathfinders have far below 500 HP, one shot and you've potentially saved your team from losing a point.

I've died many times due to that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 11Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #3627
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts
    No to which part?
    all of it? first you say that one class should be the majority of a teams offense then you pretty much say that soldiers should be? not to mention in a good team(read: not pubs) pathfinder isnt the only offense

28. Post #3628
    Ask Rohan about rust keys!
    August 2011
    2,854 Posts
    We need to help this guy out:
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1165147?p=34796136

It's a great idea but I'm afraid it will never be real because nobody really visits the DIY section.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #3629
    January 2007
    7,999 Posts
    all of it? first you say that one class should be the majority of a teams offense then you pretty much say that soldiers should be? not to mention in a good team(read: not pubs) pathfinder isnt the only offense
    No one class should be used significantly more than any other, that indicates a balance issue. Soldiers are supposed to be the jacks of all trades, that doesn't mean they should be the most common class, but that they can flag cap if necessary, move reasonably quickly, and fight.

I'm not saying I only see Pathfinders on offense, but there are definitely more of them than other offensive classes, and they're not specialized like other classes. There's little reason to play Soldier when a Pathfinder can do the same thing, but can get to the fight quicker, chase flag carriers, and capture flags more quickly. You can defend by chasing enemy flag carriers, you can attack by taking the enemy flag, and you can fight other classes directly (and run away if need be). They can do pretty much everything at least decently, which is supposed to be the Soldier's role.

30. Post #3630
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts
    No one class should be used significantly more than any other, that indicates a balance issue. Soldiers are supposed to be the jacks of all trades, that doesn't mean they should be the most common class, but that they can flag cap if necessary, move reasonably quickly, and fight.

I'm not saying I only see Pathfinders on offense, but there are definitely more of them than other offensive classes, and they're not specialized like other classes. There's little reason to play Soldier when a Pathfinder can do the same thing, but can get to the fight quicker, chase flag carriers, and capture flags more quickly. You can defend by chasing enemy flag carriers, you can attack by taking the enemy flag, and you can fight other classes directly (and run away if need be). They can do pretty much everything at least decently, which is supposed to be the Soldier's role.
    so youre saying that the soldier should take the place of the pathfinder but oh wait if that happens then now "There's little reason to play Pathfinder when a Soldier can do the same thing"

31. Post #3631
    May 2011
    2,479 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 3 (list)

32. Post #3632
    January 2007
    7,999 Posts
    so youre saying that the soldier should take the place of the pathfinder but oh wait if that happens then now "There's little reason to play Pathfinder when a Soldier can do the same thing"
    Where did you pull that from? The Soldier should be the jack of all trades, able to do everything, but no one thing particularly well. The Pathfinder should be the fast capper, scout, and flag chaser, mediocre in combat but making up for it with speed.

33. Post #3633
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts
    Where did you pull that from? The Soldier should be the jack of all trades, able to do everything, but no one thing particularly well. The Pathfinder should be the fast capper, scout, and flag chaser, mediocre in combat but making up for it with speed.
    the soldier already can do everything but nothing well? he can cap, chase, harass and defend but he cant do those things better than the classes designed to do them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #3634
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    878 Posts
    FRF924829A3D3C4081985EF0B

<3

35. Post #3635
    January 2007
    7,999 Posts
    the soldier already can do everything but nothing well? he can cap, chase, harass and defend but he cant do those things better than the classes designed to do them
    Yes, and the Pathfinder does the same thing, except he is the best at capping and chasing as well. Why play Soldier when, for a modest reduction in health, you can gain a significant boost to speed, allowing you to make up for that reduction in health by dodging attacks, as well as cap and chase better than any other class?

I rarely see Soldiers at all, while it's rare for a team to have only one or two Pathfinders. Why do you suppose this is?

36. Post #3636
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    2,393 Posts
    It's so satisfying to kill someone in this game.
    Most of the time, I just slide and jetpack around.
    I hope the game will be moddable, so people can make fun maps to fuck around in, like a skiing obstacle course or something.

37. Post #3637
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    my IGN is mechanic

i'm creating a montage pic of every end game screen in which I get the accolade for most repairs

so far i'm up to 30

38. Post #3638
    Excuse the stupid greentext format, but it's the best way I can explain this

>Score was 4-4
    >Was on Bella Omega with the flag
    >Pass it to a jugger
    >Misses
    >It falls down the giant pit, gets exploded into the generator room, falls down the giant pit and gets auto returned
    >They cap our flag.

I don't... What?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 14Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #3639
    johnny guitar was here
    February 2010
    6,205 Posts
    Excuse the stupid greentext format, but it's the best way I can explain this

>Score was 4-4
    >Was on Bella Omega with the flag
    >Pass it to a jugger
    >Misses
    >It falls down the giant pit, gets exploded into the generator room, falls down the giant pit and gets auto returned
    >They cap our flag.

I don't... What?!
    the enemy flag hates your team.
    and it wanted to go FAST!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events

40. Post #3640
    April 2011
    66 Posts
    Doombringer isn't OP. The minigun is low and the bazooka dont work with smart and fast enemies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)