1. Post #10121
    I'm a Raider player and even I find those weapons overpowered as fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7Informative Informative x 2 (list)

2. Post #10122
    January 2012
    529 Posts
    The plasma rifle looks way to good, 3 shoots and no drop insta kill on medium.
    Yeah, looks like the falcon being the only straight upgrade may be cut short, we'll see
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #10123
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts
    man fuck those weapons
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events

4. Post #10124
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,976 Posts
    The skins are hideous as usual.
    Why don't they make a skin that looks like a higher rank raider instead? That you buy one and get the BE and DS version? It would be so easy, stick some metal slabs on the armor, add a cape or whatever and PRESTO, there you have a higher ranked class skin. No, we get a doom guy and a space biker.

I mean, I like that they invest time adding mercenaries and stuff to add a level of depth to the narration, but what if I love BE and DS? And would like to see how a high ranked soldier look like? In my opinion alien races/mercenaries/hired assassins skins should come after higher rank BE and DS skins.
    I bet in the future they will inplement the old Raider skin back.

But cmon the Griever skin is cool unlike the asassin and the mercenary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #10125
    August 2010
    1,012 Posts
    Even thought i cant/wont be able to get anything from this update...i'm still as excited as i was for older TF2 updates...and that gotta count for something...keep up HiRez..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events

6. Post #10126
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,418 Posts
    Uploaded to Tribes channel 3 minutes ago

My poor, poor generator... first they update infiltrator, now the raider...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Funny Funny x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #10127
    June 2010
    4,871 Posts
    Those weapons.

>cluster grenade
    GEE, WAY TO MAKE THE BRUTE MORE USELESS

>Everything else
    No. the plasma rifle just doesn't fit the raider's theme of grenade launchers. the NJ5B seems alright, being a small change, it might be a cheap gun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

8. Post #10128
    fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart
    November 2007
    7,784 Posts
    i thought the infiltrator mercenary not having any arm plating was pretty crazy considering they're going from planet to planet

and now the griever doesn't even have a helmet

what the fuck how does he breathe on some maps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 14Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #10129
    June 2010
    4,871 Posts
    I'm actually starting to lose a lot of faith in Hi-rez now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 6Dumb Dumb x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #10130
    July 2008
    2,134 Posts
    I can't wait to insta kill everyone with the plasma rifle

Fuck it'd be overpowered even at 350 damage, but 500? That's ridiculous I can already see the rape
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

11. Post #10131
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,108 Posts
    And it's almost like they made the NJ5 resemble the Battle Rifle from Halo on purpose, just so more people say it looks like Halo. Fucking hell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #10132
    January 2012
    529 Posts
    I can't wait to insta kill everyone with the plasma rifle

Fuck it'd be overpowered even at 350 damage, but 500? That's ridiculous I can already see the rape
    Give it a day before the nerf.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

13. Post #10133
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,856 Posts
    I'm okay with Mercenary skins but Assassin and Griever are really ugly in my opinion. Out of place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

14. Post #10134
    July 2011
    455 Posts
    Uploaded to Tribes channel 3 minutes ago

Is it just me or these guys are freaking creepy?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 4 (list)

15. Post #10135
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,976 Posts

Lets cheer up before the Raider week of terror
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

16. Post #10136
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,494 Posts
    hahaha, the plasma rifle does the same damage as the arx, but no delay, larger mag and bigger projectile.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

17. Post #10137
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    556 Posts
    Tip for when this comes out- Don't rush to buy them, wait until they've been given appropriate adjustments the day after and see if they're still worth it.
    But I have 800k excess xp to spend.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #10138

December 2007
    48 Posts
    I think the skins are horrible and the guns are overpowered. Then again, I didn't have to watch the video to know that. Woo hoo Hi-Rez, this is going to remind me of TF2 where the updates were wonderful at first, but it all became too much and ruined the experience after a while..

Hi-Rez will reach this point far sooner judging by those awful skins
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

19. Post #10139
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,832 Posts
    You guys are over-reacting. The plasma cannon does less damage than the light spinfusor. The plasma rifle is gonna have lower DPS than any other rifle meaning you're gonna hit them a lot less than they hit you if they also have a rifle. Two shots from the Sparrow (Raider's other rifle) does 60 damage more than 1 shot from the plasma rifle and it the time the PR can fire one shot the Sparrow can probably fire 3. And those grenades looks like they do piss poor damage and are mostly good for disorientating the enemy.

Edited:

I think the skins are horrible and the guns are overpowered. Then again, I didn't have to watch the video to know that. Woo hoo Hi-Rez, this is going to remind me of TF2 where the updates were wonderful at first, but it all became too much and ruined the experience after a while..

Hi-Rez will reach this point far sooner judging by those awful skins
    If anyone is going to ruin the experience it's pessimistic cry babies who complain every time a patch comes out because they assume everything is overpowered and that Hi-Rez won't balance it.

So far Hi-Rez has done a great job of balancing the game and meeting the desires of the players.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 9Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #10140
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,418 Posts
    You guys are over-reacting. The plasma cannon does less damage than the light spinfusor. The plasma rifle is gonna have lower DPS than any other rifle meaning you're gonna hit them a lot less than they hit you if they also have a rifle. Two shots from the Sparrow (Raider's other rifle) does 60 damage more than 1 shot from the plasma rifle and it the time the PR can fire one shot the Sparrow can probably fire 3. And those grenades looks like they do piss poor damage and are mostly good for disorientating the enemy.
    The plasma cannon is does 500 damage a shot, high rate of fire, 8 shots, no drop, explodes on impact.

They can fire one spinfusor shot while you fire like three.

Edited:

I'm sure they'll be nerfed before it comes out, but look at the jackal. That's still overpowered.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #10141
    October 2010
    7,399 Posts
    Just wait until they upgrade the tech. (If they ever do :( )

Electro-paralysis traps all over the flag stand and generator room while artillery turrets shell them from about 5 feet away.

That might be awesome though, they would be able to compete.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #10142
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,832 Posts
    The plasma cannon is does 500 damage a shot, high rate of fire, 8 shots, no drop, explodes on impact.

They can fire one spinfusor shot while you fire like three.

Edited:

I'm sure they'll be nerfed before it comes out, but look at the jackal. That's still overpowered.
    We'll see how it plays out, it may need a nerf.

The jackal is fine, it's just more tactically useful than most weapons. If you know how to counter it it's really not OP. If you blunder around and fall into traps like a dumbass then yeah you're gonna feel it's OP. Thumpher techs, juggs and raider are still a big problem for Infs. And people only think it's OP because for some reason they think infiltrators shouldn't be able to kill things like every other class can.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #10143
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    16,830 Posts
    I 'm not sure about the plasma cannon and the NJ5-B, but those grenades, I must get them
    I bet in the future they will inplement the old Raider skin back.

But cmon the Griever skin is cool unlike the asassin and the mercenary.
    I like griever's armor, but the lack of a helmet killed my boner

The mercenary skin looks like your generic military green armor space marine
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events

24. Post #10144
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    4,869 Posts
    VGW a new update! .... for a class..... that I never play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #10145
    June 2010
    4,871 Posts
    Hirez should stop the "one class" updates and do a big, general one. People play the class to death, making it harder for people on the receiving end of the new guns.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

26. Post #10146
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    4,869 Posts
    They should add atleast ONE weapon for each armor type, for example:

Raid and Pillage Update = 2 skins for raider, 2 weapons for Raider, 1 weapon for Brute, 1 weapon for Pathfinder, 1 new granade for the three.

Or something on those lines.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #10147
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    16,830 Posts
    Hirez should stop the "one class" updates and do a big, general one. People play the class to death, making it harder for people on the receiving end of the new guns.
    I would like two or three classes getting new wepaons each update
    And come on, least make the armor of the skins team colored.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #10148
    The Devourer of Souls
    July 2011
    3,058 Posts
    So, anyone mind listing the common abbreviations people use in chat and what they mean? I've picked up HoF after asking because one person kept saying we needed one one round.

What are the others?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

29. Post #10149

July 2011
    2,327 Posts
    rape & pillage update
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

30. Post #10150
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    16,830 Posts
    They should add atleast ONE weapon for each armor type, for example:

Raid and Pillage Update = 2 skins for raider, 2 weapons for Raider, 1 weapon for Brute, 1 weapon for Pathfinder, 1 new granade for the three.

Or something on those lines.
    When I heard "raid and pillage" I expected both, the raider and brute getting new stuff, because the brute is also good at base rape

Edited:

So, anyone mind listing the common abbreviations people use in chat and what they mean? I've picked up HoF after asking because one person kept saying we needed one one round.

What are the others?
    B2F: Back to front cap route
    F2B: front to back cap route
    EFC: Enemy Flac Carrier
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 2 (list)

31. Post #10151
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,418 Posts
    We'll see how it plays out, it may need a nerf.

The jackal is fine, it's just more tactically useful than most weapons. If you know how to counter it it's really not OP. If you blunder around and fall into traps like a dumbass then yeah you're gonna feel it's OP. Thumpher techs, juggs and raider are still a big problem for Infs. And people only think it's OP because for some reason they think infiltrators shouldn't be able to kill things like every other class can.
    I never see them set traps with it. They usually just cloak, run up to you, shoot three shots and then explode them, which deals enough damage to insta-kill lights and mediums. It's also completely better than the stealth spinfusor - I never see infiltrators using that.

32. Post #10152
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,710 Posts
    Didn't we all go through the same shit with the cloak and dagger shit?
    Christ just because the player in the video is doing well doesn't mean the weapon is spastically overpowered.

Edited:

(and who gives a fuck about skins)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #10153
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,832 Posts
    I never see them set traps with it. They usually just cloak, run up to you, shoot three shots and then explode them, which deals enough damage to insta-kill lights and mediums. It's also completely better than the stealth spinfusor - I never see infiltrators using that.
    When I say traps I don't just mean jackal bombs placed on a doorway waiting for someone to walk through. I mean tactical traps like standing still while repairing the gen or not setting up motion sensors or having a raider with a jammer pack repair the gen. As always, infiltrators are most deadly when they have use of stealth and can get into the gen room undetected. Take that away from them and they're less deadly than other combat classes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

34. Post #10154
    July 2010
    3,562 Posts
    guys

i achieved

MAXIMUM

FAST

and I decided to check fast counter

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 17Winner Winner x 4 (list)

35. Post #10155
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,156 Posts
    VGO

36. Post #10156

December 2007
    48 Posts

Edited:

If anyone is going to ruin the experience it's pessimistic cry babies who complain every time a patch comes out because they assume everything is overpowered and that Hi-Rez won't balance it.

So far Hi-Rez has done a great job of balancing the game and meeting the desires of the players.
    Hi-Rez is good at listening to their fanbase, but this is a flaw just as much as it is a positive.

You probably like the current aesthetic of a TF2 game. Case in point
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

37. Post #10157
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,579 Posts
    Oh cool. More over powered weapons to further butcher what little balance this game has left.

So glad I've only spent $9 on this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #10158
    October 2011
    205 Posts
    "We also wanted to create a weapon that was truly cool to newcomers."
    pretty much sums up hi-rez's marketing and philosophy

also does this guy have spaces in his name?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

39. Post #10159
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,579 Posts
    "We also wanted to create a weapon that was truly cool to newcomers."

Pretty much the slogan for the entire game.

This game was so much fun back in the early beta, but its going down the shitter fast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

40. Post #10160
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,832 Posts
    You two sure are shitty. Please stop playing and bringing the community down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 11Dumb Dumb x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)