1. Post #4081
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,631 Posts
    Buying things with gold directly is a waste anyway.
    Maybe to you but I can't guarantee I'll be able to (or want to) play any given number of hours a day, so buying flat gold is probably better value.

Edited:

Don't worry you're preaching to the choir.

Based on the way hirez has responded to issues so far I'm pretty confident they'll get this sorted out eventually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #4082
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,169 Posts
    infiltrator is such a fun class

never before have i felt like such an asshole to the other team
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

3. Post #4083
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,631 Posts
    Is the soldier''s new pack just a complete upgrade over the energy pack in every way?

Also the Tribes Ascend wiki sucks, we should help it suck less.
    http://www.tribesascendwiki.com/Main_Page
    The energy pack has 15 more energy when upgraded.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4084
    April 2008
    1,242 Posts
    Is the soldier''s new pack just a complete upgrade over the energy pack in every way?
    Energy pack gives you 35 energy max, new pack gives 20 energy, 1 more grenade, +10%run speed, and more ammo.

Not too much better, but you can get 4 grenades now with safety third.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #4085
    And that's not a straight upgrade how
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

6. Post #4086
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,169 Posts
    And that's not a straight upgrade how
    because it doesn't come with insurance
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

7. Post #4087
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    http://www.tribesascendwiki.com/Temple_Ruins

I started a page for Temple Ruins, since it didn't exist and a lot of pages linked to it. You should add more info and pictures if you have them.

I made pages for the new arena maps to, since they were also linked to but non-existant, though I've never played them, so they have even less info at the moment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #4088
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,631 Posts
    http://www.tribesascendwiki.com/Temple_Ruins

I started a page for Temple Ruins, since it didn't exist and a lot of pages linked to it. You should add more info and pictures if you have them.

I made pages for the new arena maps to, since they were also linked to but non-existant, though I've never played them, so they have even less info at the moment.
    Pictures:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1317195/trib...6-12-23-08.png
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1317195/trib...6-12-42-46.png
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1317195/trib...6-13-46-31.png
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1317195/tribes/overview.png
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #4089
    I really hope hi-rez changes their stance on grenades. It's really annoying dieing to a barrage of 1100 damage grenades in a confined (sometimes even outside) space without being able to avoid them. Plus, as much as I do it, it's pretty cheap to award extra points for throwing grenades at your feet on death.

I dunno, I have a hard time spotting grenades, is that just me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #4090
    February 2012
    33 Posts
    I really hope hi-rez changes their stance on grenades. It's really annoying dieing to a barrage of 1100 damage grenades in a confined (sometimes even outside) space without being able to avoid them. Plus, as much as I do it, it's pretty cheap to award extra points for throwing grenades at your feet on death.

The only grenade I hate with a passion are the disconades. They're OP as all hell and they're a spawncamper's item of choice
    . As a Raider, though, I deal mostly with grenades, so perhaps I do not find myself being killed by any other grenades but my own, usually when I blunder with a shot or shoot at a heavy who got a bit too close... let me just say I am very excite! I have just unlocked egocentric and I will not have to VGO as often anymore to the delight of those filthy sandrakers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

11. Post #4091
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,625 Posts

Love Soldier/Spinfuser combo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

12. Post #4092
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    http://www.tribaloutpost.com/tribes2/maps/view/aeroena

I didn't realize Air Arena was based on a T2 custom map.
    I'm fairly certain I've played that map a few times and I didn't notice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #4093
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,631 Posts

It's a bit over the top when so many classes have 1000 damage grenades. The only class I think is entitled to such powerful nades is vanilla tech, because it's his only explosive firepower, but the thumper cancels that out.

A grenade indicator wouldn't hurt, or at least make them more visible, maybe like they are in hl2.

Too many times I just walk into grenades because I can't see them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #4094
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,600 Posts
    Holy fuck, that new Volcano map is fucking huge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

15. Post #4095
    Remove anime
    July 2007
    9,875 Posts
    I pretty much never ever miss a grenade(thrown on me), however they usually land where I can't escape them in time. Also the disco nades are really easy to escape unless you're unlucky and get pinned into a corner with one. Around level 10+ people learn to just walk the fuck away from them and you stop getting kills from them, before that they rape everyone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #4096
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,043 Posts
    I never manage to hit anything with my grenades, so I never use them or upgrade them. Should I start?

17. Post #4097
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,600 Posts
    I never manage to hit anything with my grenades, so I never use them or upgrade them. Should I start?
    I find Grenades extremely useful on classes that lacks proper explosive firepower (Like almost all the classes I use)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

18. Post #4098
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,881 Posts
    hi funionly you were fun to blow up repeatedly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #4099
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,631 Posts
    he let you kill him so you feel better and don't kill yourself over how inferior you are to him :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

20. Post #4100
    No such thing as overkill.
    January 2007
    7,986 Posts
    Also the disco nades are really easy to escape unless you're unlucky and get pinned into a corner with one.
    It's like a grenade

that continually explodes

for several seconds

But yeah they kill me pretty often, no matter how much I try to avoid them. It's not so much that people run straight into them as it is that if one goes off close to you or in front of you while you're moving, you die.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

21. Post #4101
    Remove anime
    July 2007
    9,875 Posts
    Nah, he just cant play infiltrator because it takes skill compared to jugg

Edited:

It's like a grenade

that continually explodes

for several seconds

But yeah they kill me pretty often, no matter how much I try to avoid them. It's not so much that people run straight into them as it is that if one goes off close to you or in front of you while you're moving, you die.
    Just walk out of the room quickly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Zing x 6Optimistic x 2Disagree x 1Useful x 1Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #4102
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,881 Posts
    he let you kill him so you feel better and don't kill yourself over how inferior you are to him :)
    no i'm pretty sure he tried to sticky me quite a few times while turning invisible like the cowardly butcher he is irl
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #4103
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,043 Posts
    I can never find a decent team for this game. Any of you guys wanna team up and kick some ass? I never do anything with my fellow FPers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

24. Post #4104
    November 2009
    2,513 Posts
    there is any way to make add this game on steam so i can use steamoverlay too?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

25. Post #4105
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    2,709 Posts
    just put the shortcut on your desktop into the steam library.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

26. Post #4106
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    623 Posts
    There is this thread in the forums going on about inheritance. I have a very broad sense of what it does, except now I'm all confused, where should I aim? What is the value now in game? Or is it an old issue?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events Funny Funny x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

27. Post #4107
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,519 Posts
    there is any way to make add this game on steam so i can use steamoverlay too?
    Add hirezlaucherUI.exe as a non steam game.

Edited:

There is this thread in the forums going on about inheritance. I have a very broad sense of what it does, except now I'm all confused, where should I aim? What is the value now in game? Or is it an old issue?
    As I understood it, the whole inheritance argument is based on whether or not projectiles should go where the crosshair was when they were fired, or whether they should go where the crosshair would be when the projectile actually hits something. Basically, some people can't aim while they're going fast and whine about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

28. Post #4108
    August 2010
    1,012 Posts
    Free Soldier utility pack codes, grab it fast

http://www.gamespot.com/event/codes/tribes-ascend/

On a side note, just saved me some 42k xp
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7Winner Winner x 5Useful Useful x 1 (list)

29. Post #4109
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,948 Posts
    Shrike chasing lol.
    http://i.imgur.com/j60t6.jpg
    The worst part is I only consider myself an average pilot. I don't want to see a pro get their hands on this thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

30. Post #4110
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,631 Posts
    Shrike chasing lol.

The worst part is I only consider myself an average pilot. I don't want to see a pro get their hands on this thing.
    shrikes are horrible why they haven't removed roadkilling yet is beyond me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

31. Post #4111
    February 2012
    33 Posts

Ain't always easy to "walk out of the room quickly". But that's usually what I (try to) do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

32. Post #4112
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,169 Posts
    ur just mad cus i pushed you off a ledge
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

33. Post #4113
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,198 Posts
    I'm trying to decide if I should unlock Tech now or save up the 12000 to fully upgrade my Raider's armor. What do you guys think?

34. Post #4114
    February 2012
    33 Posts
    I'm trying to decide if I should unlock Tech now or save up the 12000 to fully upgrade my Raider's armor. What do you guys think?
    The armor has made my life a hell of a lot easier, coupled with the shield pack. Survivability is a Raider's asset when he's occupying the enemy base and making reclaiming the generator a pain in the ass. Either one is a good investment, it only depends on what you'd use more at this point.

However if you like to play defense(and there's always enough people attacking anyway), Tech is a pretty good class ... if you remember to keep all the things reliant on the generator repaired, of course. Some techs forget that the generator by itself is kind of useless if nothing else is kept repaired.

35. Post #4115
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,996 Posts
    I got the utility pack for Soldier (thanks Dummkops!), but when I upgraded it to give me 1 additional grenade, it doesn't work. Does it happen to anyone else here?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

36. Post #4116
    November 2009
    2,513 Posts
    just put the shortcut on your desktop into the steam library.
    the shortcut it create opens the launcher and the launcher closes when it start the games, so i dont get the overlay on the game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

37. Post #4117
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    2,709 Posts
    the shortcut it create opens the launcher and the launcher closes when it start the games, so i dont get the overlay on the game
    Not if you add the Tribes Ascend Shortcut to the library. You know, the red T.

It does open the launcher but keeps the overlay in the game. For me at least.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #4118
    September 2007
    3,864 Posts
    Shrike chasing lol.
    http://i.imgur.com/j60t6.jpg
    We had a shrike on ArxNovena go 37-2. Watching him roadkill the FC was hilarious

39. Post #4119
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    1,718 Posts
    There's 2 problems with Shrikes that make them ridiculous as shit (at least in terms of chasing):
    1: Their ability to almost instantly stop and go and do 180 degree turns makes them impossible to out maneuver or out run if you face even a slightly competent pilot.
    2: The Shrike having explosive bullets basically means if it's chasing you, as soon as you touch the ground you're dead.

The biggest weakness to the shrike is that it has low health, but that doesn't really matter when it stays completely out of combat and only chases flag carriers. Even if you try to Doombringer snipe it, it will just hide behind a mountain or building. Sometimes you may be able to take it down as it's chasing you, but it's stop and go thrust ability and it's ridiculous maneuvers means the chances of you doing that are much less likely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #4120
    Remove anime
    July 2007
    9,875 Posts
    -snip- Boost xp is back to normal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)