1. Post #7361
    December 2007
    2,827 Posts
    Video (that someone else made) that basically demonstrates how the Jackal is OP as hell.
    I figured it was OP for that very reason. Sad I won't be able to buy it before they nerf it (probably by adding/increasing a minimum wait time before you can detonate).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

2. Post #7362
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,410 Posts
    Video (that someone else made) that basically demonstrates how the Jackal is OP as hell.
    Why the hell did they add a weapon that lets you detonate projectiles in mid-air? Half of the entire combat in tribes is based on the idea of timing your shots right to catch the enemies when they're near a surface. If you can just use splash damage every time you fight instead of only when the enemy is near a surface it makes spinfusors, thumpers and crossbows obsolete. No need for blue plates anymore. You can just get it close enough and press butan to hit enemy.

At least with bullet weapons the payoff is that you deal damage as a bunch of small hits which makes evasion easier. This basically has all the strengths of the spinfusor AND the strengths of bullets with none of the weaknesses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

3. Post #7363
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    How do I make screenshots in this damn game, I got 30 kills and used 2 orbital strikes in one game as Pathfinder, it was awesome. But my screenshot is all black. Sad.
    F12 I believe. Same as the default steam screenshot key.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

4. Post #7364
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,108 Posts
    They only need to make so it can only be detonated after 2 seconds and only if it's sticked to a surface.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #7365
    January 2012
    532 Posts
    God damn that is worse than the demoman's sticky launcher.

I haven't been really against anyone using it, but I'm glad, I'd get frustrated if I did. It makes me wonder if Hi Rez do it on purpose, add an OP as hell weapon to the game so everyone flocks to buy it, then nerf it to be in-line with the rest when people have spent money getting it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #7366
    Memento audere semper- audaces fortuna iuvat.
    February 2010
    8,162 Posts
    the new skins are hideous I can't stand them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7367
    June 2011
    2,948 Posts
    i got an idea
    >buy jackal
    >stand cloaked on your flag while placing stickies nearby
    >wait for poor sandraker to bump into you
    >play suicide bomber.

or! here's an actually useful one:
    >place stickies on sides of HoF in case capper has reach.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

8. Post #7368
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,718 Posts
    So they nerfed pathfinder again?

Heavies are quite overpowered; playing arena mode, doombringers just sit in corners and spam chaingun to win, and the pathfinder can't get close enough to take it down due to reduced damage.

Before, they could.

I'm thinking about switching to a class that's a little less underpowered, such as raider or soldier.

9. Post #7369
    January 2012
    532 Posts
    What are your computer's specs? How do you record shit so well?

On the topic of the video, it was ok, but felt somewhat boring. I think it gets boring and not fast enough pace on the kills where you miss a bunch of shots. Also maybe cut the video closer to the actual kills and remove that travel time between streaks.
    I took what you said into account and tried a new one with Sentinel.
    Better? Worse?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #7370
    [B][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacos"]Tacos![/URL][/B]
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    I look forward to playing this game, looks fun!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #7371
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,936 Posts
    They're definitely going to nerf the jackal real quick.

They'll probably remove mid-air detonation and add a small delay to how quickly they can explode once placed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

12. Post #7372
    December 2007
    2,827 Posts
    i got an idea
    >buy jackal
    >stand cloaked on your flag while placing stickies nearby
    >wait for poor sandraker to bump into you
    >play suicide bomber.

or! here's an actually useful one:
    >place stickies on sides of HoF in case capper has reach.
    Why is standing on the flag necessary?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

13. Post #7373
    July 2010
    3,573 Posts
    Why is standing on the flag necessary?
    They run into you and stop. They take damage with Super Heavy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

14. Post #7374
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,000 Posts
    I have 810 gold, any advices what perks and/or weapons should I get? Pathfinder's rifle and heavy crossbow for Doombringer are mocking me to buy them, but they are oh so expensive... I've been thinking to get survivalist and bounty hunter perks, what do you guys think about these? Are Doombringer's mines any good?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

15. Post #7375
    December 2007
    2,827 Posts
    They run into you and stop. They take damage with Super Heavy.
    Sure but three well-timed stickies will take care of even a medium class.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

16. Post #7376
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    11,014 Posts
    Can't decide, shield pack for brute or bolt launcher for pathfinder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #7377
    June 2011
    2,948 Posts
    Sure but three well-timed stickies will take care of even a medium class.
    but after they bump into you it's easier to react instead of detonating ant just the right moment

plus it's more fun since you die, too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

18. Post #7378
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    11,014 Posts
    He's explained in one of his WTF videos that he has mild dyspraxia.

But yeah. He's mediocre at FPS's and seizure-inducingly bad at puzzle games. But hey, at least he admits it.

He's actually good at fps considering his dyspraxia(there's nothing mild about it), Could be worse, he could have whatever Jesse Cox has Not sure what that even fucking is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

19. Post #7379
    June 2010
    4,923 Posts
    ..This game isn't fun for me anymore.

If I play technician, i'm either swarmed by enemies or infiltrators with the stealth spinfusor.
    If I play offense, it's either as packed as the high street on a saturday, or there's a technician with a thumper inside, making it pretty tricky to get anywhere because ITS A STRAIGHT FUCKING UPGRADE

... I want private servers already, so we can have an FPUK server.
    It's a rule I tend to have with multiplayer games.
    If there is a facepunch server, go to nothing but that server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

20. Post #7380
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,647 Posts
    I took what you said into account and tried a new one with Sentinel.
    Better? Worse?

Falcon (ballistic) kills are boring and I didn't like the music. Also personally seeing people no-scope with the laser rifle rustles my jimmies.

Better content than the first one though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

21. Post #7381
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    17,030 Posts
    I have 30000 exp points, should I buy raider's jammer pack once I get 42k, or keep saving exp for the release?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events

22. Post #7382
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,718 Posts
    How is Brute?

I kinda want a class with a spinfusor but soldier spinfusor is too expensive.

23. Post #7383
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,000 Posts
    No one wants to help me? Ok then, I' think I'll get a thumper...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #7384
    I WOTCH ANIEM
    October 2008
    8,097 Posts
    I have 30000 exp points, should I buy raider's jammer pack once I get 42k, or keep saving exp for the release?
    Get a new class if you don't have it. IMO it's better to have different classes than different weapons. I have all classes but Sentinel, and whenever the team needs defending, I go Technician/Doombringer, attacking Soldier/Brute, etc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #7385
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    17,030 Posts
    No one wants to help me? Ok then, I' think I'll get a thumper...
    Ask yourself, what do you enjoy more
    Getting to the enemy base, cloak and then use your jackal/stealth spinfusor to kick everyone's asses
    Or turtling in your gen room killing juggerfats, infiltrators and raiders

Edited:

Get a new class if you don't have it. IMO it's better to have different classes than different weapons. I have all classes but Sentinel, and whenever the team needs defending, I go Technician/Doombringer, attacking Soldier/Brute, etc
    I don't know about getting new classes, some are pretty crap without a few armor/weapon upgrades
    I was also thinking on getting technician since nobody ever repairs my base turrets
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events

26. Post #7386
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,000 Posts
    It was supposed to be a threat, because I know how everyone hates the thumper here. But ok.

I'm stupid I know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #7387
    January 2012
    532 Posts
    Falcon (ballistic) kills are boring and I didn't like the music. Also personally seeing people no-scope with the laser rifle rustles my jimmies.

Better content than the first one though.
    I know, but until Sentinel gets another secondary which is more reliable I just use the Falcon. I don't really like the Nova Blaster at all, it's okay v.s. heavies but against everything else, Falcon is just plain better.

Running low on suitable music for montages which isn't totally overused, I searched for a while to even find that and I wasn't totally satisfied with that either. But I'll keep trying to improve :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #7388
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    17,030 Posts
    I know, but until Sentinel gets another secondary which is more reliable I just use the Falcon. I don't really like the Nova Blaster at all, it's okay v.s. heavies but against everything else, Falcon is just plain better.

Running low on suitable music for montages which isn't totally overused, I searched for a while to even find that and I wasn't totally satisfied with that either. But I'll keep trying to improve :)
    Any song from any sonic game would be ok, everyone loves sonic soundtracks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #7389
    December 2007
    2,827 Posts
    I really, REALLY hope they refund everyone's XP on release so we can respec. There are some choices I just want to un-make.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #7390
    May 2010
    6,739 Posts
    I nominate this for new flag held music.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

31. Post #7391
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,000 Posts
    I wish you could try every weapon in training mode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

32. Post #7392
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    17,030 Posts
    I just have the HirezlauncherUI.exe as a Steam-shortcut with
    game=200 product=10
    added to the end and I can use Steams ingame overlay and screenshot-feature without problems.
    Like this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 10Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #7393
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,975 Posts
    I listen to tribes 2 music, cos A: it was awesome and B: it helps me recapture the feeling i used to get when playing t2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #7394
    March 2011
    5,046 Posts
    , or there's a technician with a thumper inside, making it pretty tricky to get anywhere because ITS A STRAIGHT FUCKING UPGRADE
    The thumper is in no way a straight upgrade for the technician.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

35. Post #7395
    June 2010
    4,923 Posts
    The thumper is in no way a straight upgrade for the technician.
    Suspicion of an infiltrator - Shoot it in corner, if he's there, he's revealed and your turrets can eat him up
    Totally not a straight upgrade. I cannot think of a reason to use the SMG over it in CTF, and maybe even TDM.

36. Post #7396
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,999 Posts
    Guess who's back in business bitches

37. Post #7397
    March 2011
    5,046 Posts
    Suspicion of an infiltrator - Shoot it in corner, if he's there, he's revealed and your turrets can eat him up
    Totally not a straight upgrade. I cannot think of a reason to use the SMG over it in CTF, and maybe even TDM.
    Your stressing the fact that you are indoors, in which case certain weapons will obviously have an advantage, such as the MIRV over the motar. If you play indoors, the thumper will outperform the SMG, outside is another story entirely. Playing the weapon to your strength doesn't make it OP.

I have met plenty of technicians who prefer the SMG over the thumper, even indoors, due to its much higher DPS (the tech's smg is substantially better than the assault rifle) and mid field/outdoors ability that the thumper lacks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

38. Post #7398
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    11,014 Posts
    Gentlemen I may have found a use for the knives, you can throw a knife and instantly melee afterwards, might be enough to instakill a heavy if you have close combat, or a medium without.

Edited:

Your stressing the fact that you are indoors, in which case certain weapons will obviously have an advantage, such as the MIRV over the motar. If you play indoors, the thumper will outperform the SMG, outside is another story entirely. Playing the weapon to your strength doesn't make it OP.

I have met plenty of technicians who prefer the SMG over the thumper, even indoors, due to its much higher DPS (the tech's smg is substantially better than the assault rifle) and mid field/outdoors ability that the thumper lacks.
    Another thing that's good about the smg is that you can just spray a room that your turrets are in, if you hit an infil they get revealed and nommed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

39. Post #7399
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    17,004 Posts
    I nominate this for new flag held music.

How easy is it to actually replace ingame music anyway?

40. Post #7400
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,085 Posts
    How is Brute?

I kinda want a class with a spinfusor but soldier spinfusor is too expensive.
    Fun if you like parties and killing people

^all Brute
    And I consider myself a mediocre player
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events