1. Post #7401
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    16,749 Posts
    Someone drove a beowulf into our gen room on sunstar
    it was awesome

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

2. Post #7402
    July 2008
    2,130 Posts
    Is there a way to replace ingame music?

If so, i need a much much more hardcore flag held music, the currents damn good in giving you the "RUN YOU FUCKING DUMBASS" mood but now that i get the idea i need a "YOU'RE BEING CHASED SHITHEAD SKI FASTER" mood
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #7403
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,891 Posts
    Is there a way to replace ingame music?

If so, i need a much much more hardcore flag held music, the currents damn good in giving you the "RUN YOU FUCKING DUMBASS" mood but now that i get the idea i need a "YOU'RE BEING CHASED SHITHEAD SKI FASTER" mood
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

4. Post #7404
    July 2008
    2,130 Posts
    its perfect

but it needs to be more perfect

5. Post #7405
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    16,749 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 9Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #7406
    December 2007
    2,827 Posts
    it was awesome

The gen room in Sunstar is pretty fun actually, I'm glad they realized that (we all know it's just a revamp of Bella Omega) and gave it room for antics like that. Seriously it's like a labyrinth now.

7. Post #7407
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,353 Posts

I listen to this while using the jackal to boobytrap the flag stand.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

8. Post #7408

May 2011
    1,095 Posts
    INF seems really shitty unupgraded. Does he get better?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #7409
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    622 Posts

Threw this together rather hastily.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 31Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #7410

May 2011
    1,095 Posts

I'm stuck in the roof, if anybody is wondering
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #7411
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,108 Posts
    it was awesome

I used to do that all the time in Bella Omega.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

12. Post #7412

May 2011
    1,095 Posts
    I'm stuck in the roof, if anybody is wondering

Edited:

Goddamn auto merge
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

13. Post #7413
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,729 Posts
    I'll ask again, are Doombringer's mines any good? I haven't encountered many in the game so far.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #7414
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,353 Posts
    I'll ask again, are Doombringer's mines any good? I haven't encountered many in the game so far.
    Yes, yes, ohgod yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

15. Post #7415
    August 2011
    205 Posts
    They are really good, bought them not long ago and no regrets here.
    Don't place them on top of the flag though (if they are shooting before grabing flag) place them on their routes), you can then sit your fat ass on the flag with Super Heavy :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #7416
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,799 Posts
    My heavy class is doombringer and people are fucking stupid when you place mines, I've had people walk into the same mines 10 times in a game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #7417
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,729 Posts
    Thank you. Sorry if I'm asking obvious questions but I'm still pretty new to the game and I'd hate to buy something that I will regret later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events

18. Post #7418
    Ask Rohan about rust keys!
    August 2011
    2,555 Posts
    The Jackal is amazing, definitely not regretting that use of 100,000 xp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #7419
    July 2010
    3,540 Posts
    The Jackal is amazing, definitely not regretting that use of 100,000 xp.
    And then it gets nerfed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

20. Post #7420
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,770 Posts
    I really can't believe just how good the Jackal is. I went a game with 4 double kills, 1 triple, 5 air mails, 2 bike downs, 2 tank downs, 2 kill joys, 3 flag caps, 27 kills, a whole bunch of building destructions. I was gonna take a screenshot but it would have taken 3 or 4 screenshots just to see all my medals. This was on Arx too and I wasn't even attacking the gen or techs huddled around the gen. It's an INSANE weapon.

Edited:

They just nerfed it lol
    Damaged caused by early in-air detonation of Infiltrator's Jackal rounds reduced by 50%. Knockback from in-air detonation also decreased by 50%.

Oh, but wait

Damage against armored targets with Infiltrator's Jackal rounds increased 20% (Fixed an issue where full damage was not being applied).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #7421
    April 2008
    1,242 Posts
    I really can't believe just how good the Jackal is. I went a game with 4 double kills, 1 triple, 5 air mails, 2 bike downs, 2 tank downs, 2 kill joys, 3 flag caps, 27 kills, a whole bunch of building destructions. I was gonna take a screenshot but it would have taken 3 or 4 screenshots just to see all my medals. This was on Arx too and I wasn't even attacking the gen or techs huddled around the gen. It's an INSANE weapon.

Now imagine if EVERY weapon in the game was as effective as it. It would be awesome, in a clusterfucky kind of way. Hell, imagine if the Mortar was remote detonation before impact. It would be amazing. Its like a shock combo from UT.

Its like back in TF2 on randomizer servers. Spies with sticky launchers, so much awesome.

Patch Notes for tomorrow

Spinfusor projectiles now travel at the same velocity, though Spinfusor weapons still vary in damage, radius, and fire rate.
    Increased Juggernaut's SpinfusorD projectile velocity by roughly 5%.
    Increased Soldier's Spinfusor projectile velocity by roughly 3%.
    Increased Brute's Heavy Spinfusor projectile velocity by roughly 8%.
    Brute's Light Sticky Grenade damage against Generators increased 125%, better matches the Infiltrator's Sticky Grenades.
    Fixed an issue where Soldier's AP Grenade did too much damage against Shrikes (reduced by 75%).
    Damage increased on Brute's Nova Colt by roughly 5%.
    Time for inactive reload reduced from 6s to 5s.
    Increased the distance from the flag the Rage Perk will activate by 50%.
    Damaged caused by early in-air detonation of Infiltrator's Jackal rounds reduced by 50%. Knockback from in-air detonation also decreased by 50%.
    Damage against armored targets with Infiltrator's Jackal rounds increased 20% (Fixed an issue where full damage was not being applied).
    Fixed an issue where the sticky explosives from the Infiltrator's Jackal could not be destroyed with bullet based weapons.
    A variety of backend changes preparing for the introduction of future functionality.

22. Post #7422
    January 2012
    526 Posts
    They just nerfed it lol

Oh, but wait

Nerfed already, what a surprise
    I didn't get a patch though?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

23. Post #7423
    March 2011
    4,888 Posts
    Nerfed already, what a surprise
    I didn't get a patch though?
    Probably just downloaded in a few seconds since it is a straight forward patch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

24. Post #7424
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,141 Posts
    Imagine if the Jug got a mortar that you could remotely detonate
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

25. Post #7425
    March 2011
    4,888 Posts
    Well Hi Rez's employees are awesome.
    From their forums....

Dear Hi-Rez, It's me... Your ninth class, The brute...
    ...Times have been hard on the feild, No, Scratch that, Miserable. Every day, my team calls me fat, lazy, and useless.... I'm not. I swear i'm not... Lazy, that is,

See, I try so hard to be an asset to my team, I really do. But I can't do that. I'm useless! I can't do anything! My spinfusor's reload time, It's... It's too much.... My auto-shotgun doesn't even fire fast enough, and nothing in my arsenal is of use exept my fractals.

To pour salt in my wounds, you gave my latest idea away, and sold it to the soldier. THE SOLDIER! Why would you do this, Hi-Rez? I came up with that. I designed it for myself! But, no. NO! You spit in my face.

Why do you hate me, Hi-Rez? Why must you make me suffer?

Please, Have mercy...

...Kill me.

-Brute #6177 of the First Talon Third Pennant
    The response
    HiRezScott posted:
    Dear #6177,

Marshal Gast, standing in for The Great Eagle, has heard your cries, and reminds you that mercy should not be asked for, nor granted among his ranks.

That said, it might interest you to know that command has moved the priority on your new equipment requisition over that of Technician #3452's request. As R&D takes time on such things, I unfortunately cannot tell you in confidence when that equipment might arrive. However, expect improved nova ammo, shield improvements, and higher velocity disks for your current loadout in the coming weeks, in advance of our major offensive.

Reviewing your combat logs, command is generally impressed with your dedication to the Heavy combat platforms, though there are a few notable exceptions and irregularities, of which I'm sure you are aware.

- Staff Tech Officer #5, for Marshal Gast
    Source

The Hi-Rez people have been doing a lot of responding on the forums as of late.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 12Winner Winner x 2 (list)

26. Post #7426
    June 2010
    3,902 Posts
    and higher velocity disks for your current loadout
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

27. Post #7427
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...sbmxnaUE#gid=0

Almost everything has been added now. I just need to get pictures of some that have models, and add line numbers and such.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

28. Post #7428
    March 2010
    1,655 Posts
    Is the spinfusor for the soldier better than the assault rifle?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

29. Post #7429
    Fuck Bitches, Get Scritches
    April 2005
    1,319 Posts
    So does the light spinfusor do more knockback now?

Should I use that over the bolt launcher for my maxed-out Pathfinder?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

30. Post #7430
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    16,749 Posts
    Well Hi Rez's employees are awesome.
    From their forums....

The response

Source

The Hi-Rez people have been doing a lot of responding on the forums as of late.
    To pour salt in my wounds, you gave my latest idea away, and sold it to the soldier. THE SOLDIER! Why would you do this, Hi-Rez? I came up with that. I designed it for myself! But, no. NO! You spit in my face.
    wait what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #7431
    Ask Rohan about rust keys!
    August 2011
    2,555 Posts
    higher velocity disks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #7432
    October 2009
    2,172 Posts
    the new skins are hideous I can't stand them
    The helmet on the Mercenary skin is pretty badass. I wish I could have just the helmet and for a more useful class.

And holy shit is Doombringer awesome on Sunstar. You can pretty much put your flag in a forcefield box.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #7433
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    3,505 Posts
    I can't wait for the next patch. I just had a match where I was playing tech with the smg and I kept having to use my precious grenades to get past jackal explosives to the gen room.

34. Post #7434
    I can't think of a good title.
    May 2010
    15,907 Posts
    I've asked it before, and it hasn't been answered. How do you change the ingame music? I need to put my going fast music in, damn it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

35. Post #7435
    rogasm
    May 2010
    4,764 Posts
    fucking

i have the flag and i'm doing 200

and our flag is never at our base and fuck enemy pathfinders
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #7436
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,558 Posts
    fucking

i have the flag and i'm doing 200

and our flag is never at our base and fuck enemy pathfinders
    Everyone's been there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #7437
    johnny guitar was here
    February 2010
    6,081 Posts
    and when they finally get your flag back, BANG! sentinel or infiltrato out of nowhere
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #7438

May 2011
    909 Posts
    speaking of sentinel how are you supposed to use it

i shoot someone and it does like 300-500 damage

do i have to upgrade the rifle before sentinel actually starts to get good or what D:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

39. Post #7439

do i have to upgrade the rifle before sentinel actually starts to get good or what D:
    (Shoot them again)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #7440
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,773 Posts

The sentinel has the only hit scan weapon in the game with any range on it.

That being said, you're not the typical sniper as in most games, you still have to remain mobile, pausing only to line up a shot and deal 500 damage.

It's great for taking out flag runners.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)