1. Post #7441
    rogasm
    May 2010
    4,765 Posts
    (Shoot them again)
    Damage decreases from 500 to 300 at extreme range, get closer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

2. Post #7442
    November 2009
    2,490 Posts
    The sentinel has the only hit scan weapon in the game with any range on it.

That being said, you're not the typical sniper as in most games, you still have to remain mobile, pausing only to line up a shot and deal 500 damage.

It's great for taking out flag runners.
    snipers arent the only hitscans, some pistols and shotguns are hitscan too.
    but yea snipers are great to take flag carriers.
    and from what i understood from patch notes, the phase rifle didnt got nerfed so maybe its a alternative.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #7443

May 2011
    1,095 Posts
    snipers arent the only hitscans, some pistols and shotguns are hitscan too.
    but yea snipers are great to take flag carriers.
    and from what i understood from patch notes, the phase rifle didnt got nerfed so maybe its a alternative.
    Yeah, that's why he added "with any range on it"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #7444
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,734 Posts
    I just bought Infiltrator with xp, game I joined was full of thumpernicans and I died like a thousand times. Great first impression
    I'm running out of cloak all the time, he's harder to play than I expected.

5. Post #7445
    November 2009
    2,490 Posts
    Yeah, that's why he added "with any range on it"
    u can snipe flag carrier on low health with pistols.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

6. Post #7446
    April 2008
    1,242 Posts
    I just bought Infiltrator with xp, game I joined was full of thumpernicans and I died like a thousand times. Great first impression
    I'm running out of cloak all the time, he's harder to play than I expected.
    If you don't have Spinfusor or Jackal it's hard. You need to keep the sensor down so you don't get spotted. If there are lots of thumpnicians, just kill other people. The infilitrator is just good at killing stuff in general. Sticky nades have HUGE radius, so don't go for the stick all the time. Farther away it has no sound.

7. Post #7447
    Max
    Ikuu~
    May 2009
    14,544 Posts
    I can't find any servers, I'm stuck in queue.

Anyone else experiencing this?

8. Post #7448
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,371 Posts
    Why the fuck did they listen to newbs for the jackal? It's not OP at fucking all, does it instagib an entire room like the mortar and mirv? No? Then why are they not getting nerfed while this is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

9. Post #7449
    rogasm
    May 2010
    4,765 Posts
    Why the fuck did they listen to newbs for the jackal? It's not OP at fucking all, does it instagib an entire room like the mortar and mirv? No? Then why are they not getting nerfed while this is.
    Airshots were way too easy with it, and the nerf is justified, but it's still a sexy weapon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #7450
    December 2007
    2,827 Posts
    Wait, when did they nerf it?

Edited:

Well I read it and it doesn't seem so bad. I figured they'd remove the ability to detonate in mid-air altogether.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

11. Post #7451
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,371 Posts
    Airshots were way too easy with it, and the nerf is justified, but it's still a sexy weapon.
    HALVING its fucking damage midair isn't justified.

Edited:

It's literally the only reason to use it over the spinfusor and rhino.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Disagree Disagree x 13Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

12. Post #7452
    rogasm
    May 2010
    4,765 Posts
    Secondaries didn't really have much of a point until the nerf, throwing knives now have a reason to be used :v

13. Post #7453
    August 2011
    205 Posts

Edited:

It's literally the only reason to use it over the spinfusor and rhino.
    Pretty sure developers wanted the Jackal to shine indoors (as you have seen on the preview video), instead people are using it as a Flack Cannon to blow people out of the sky... yeah

The nerf could have been alot worse though, they could have added a big delay between launch and detonation.

14. Post #7454
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    They added referral rewards

Each friend leveled to level 6 = 5k XP
    10 referals = 500 gold
    25 referals = 1000 gold
    50 referals = premium pack (the 50$ one)
    150 = 5000 gold
    200 = 10000 gold
    250 = 15000 gold
    500 = Get your name posted in press, social media, etc.
    1000 = A weapon named after you
    5000 = "Made man". Permanent unlock of all content
    10000 = All expenses paid trip to Hi-rez, design a map with the devs

On the off case you're reading this and don't have an account yet: https://account.hirezstudios.com/tri...ferral=1512853
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

15. Post #7455
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,800 Posts
    Could you create spoof accounts and get 10?

16. Post #7456
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    Could you create spoof accounts and get 10?
    Not sure, they have to get to level 6 though.

17. Post #7457
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,800 Posts
    I would love to go to Hi-Rez and help design a map with them...

I'd even pay :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #7458
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,371 Posts

10 referals = 500 gold
    25 referals = 1000 gold
    150 = 5000 gold
    200 = 10000 gold
    250 = 15000 gold

On the off case you're reading this and don't have an account yet: https://account.hirezstudios.com/tri...ferral=1512853
    They should count the people you've invited into the beta, I've invited like 50 fucking people
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #7459
    March 2010
    3,116 Posts
    God damn it I got around 4 of my friends to play via word of mouth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

20. Post #7460
    November 2009
    2,490 Posts
    where i get my url for referral?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #7461
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,976 Posts
    So I miss the update.

what is op and what is not now?

22. Post #7462
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,371 Posts
    So I miss the update.

what is op and what is not now?
    Jackal is not even worth using now, mortar mirv and disco grenades still take out entire rooms with one button press.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #7463
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,976 Posts
    Jackal is not even worth using now, mortar mirv and disco grenades still take out entire rooms with one button press.
    And the knifes and the smokes? Useless too?

24. Post #7464
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,507 Posts

10 referals = 500 gold
    25 referals = 1000 gold
    150 = 5000 gold
    200 = 10000 gold
    250 = 15000 gold

Hooray, I have already invited like 10 people.
    Edit: Seeing as I got winner ratings, I propably wasn't clear enough about it. I meant I invited 10 people to play before they added this :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #7465
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,473 Posts
    The entire juggernaut class is just so retardedly OP. There is no reason not to play it.

Mortar and MIRV mean it can dominate enemies and base emplacements from well outside firing range. They can also vaporize anything in doors with a single shot. The Spinfuser MDK is very powerful with it's enhanced splash range and the LMG can rip through attackers in seconds. And then the Juggernaut can pick Super AP grenades which can vaporize pretty much any class except a heavy, or they can pick throwing disks so they basically can destroy your ass with a rapid-fire spinfuser and a LMG. Add the fact that they have a health-regen pack AND the fact that they are a heavy so they have a retarded amount of health.

I cannot beat that LMG+Throwing disk combo. I just cannot. The DPS that combo does is just insane. No matter which class I use I just get turned into a pincushion within seconds.

26. Post #7466
    November 2011
    2,618 Posts
    I play juggernaut pretty much all the time, and pathfinders/sentinels/brutes tend to beat me down quite often, due to their superior CQB weapons, and because hitting pathfinders with spinfusor disks whilst spraying my LMG is like swatting a fly. A fly that's shooting balls of death at you.

27. Post #7467
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,371 Posts
    And the knifes and the smokes? Useless too?
    Knives are decent, I think I still prefer my pistol though, more testing is needed, the smoke bombs are good, but not worth taking over stickies.

Edited:

Lol'd hard at the jackal being nerfed just before TB's video about the new items going up, he's buttmad too

The only reason to take the jackal over the spinfusor was airshots, if you're gonna be shooting the ground anyway you might as well just use the spinfusor and hope for a blue plate.

28. Post #7468
    March 2010
    3,116 Posts
    Wait do Jackal grenades destroy other Jackal grenades? Like if I fired three stickies at a generator would one of them destroy the others?

29. Post #7469
    December 2007
    2,827 Posts
    Knives are decent, I think I still prefer my pistol though, more testing is needed, the smoke bombs are good, but not worth taking over stickies.

Edited:

Lol'd hard at the jackal being nerfed just before TB's video about the new items going up, he's buttmad too

The only reason to take the jackal over the spinfusor was airshots, if you're gonna be shooting the ground anyway you might as well just use the spinfusor and hope for a blue plate.
    It still has defense and tech pestering applications. It might not be as good as the spinfusor at what the spinfusor's good for, but it's got its own niche now. Stop whining about it not being blatantly OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events

30. Post #7470
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,775 Posts
    If anyone's looking to join, you should go through my referral :)

https://account.hirezstudios.com/tri...ferral=1236054

If you do I will... love you for all time. Baby...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

31. Post #7471
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,371 Posts
    It still has defense and tech pestering applications. It might not be as good as the spinfusor at what the spinfusor's good for, but it's got its own niche now. Stop whining about it not being blatantly OP.
    Except it's not blatantly OP, I can deal with base turrets etc faster with the spinfusor, I can deal with people on the ground/indoors faster with the spinfusor and rhino, the spinfusor and rhino kills generators faster, where does the jackal fit in now.

Edited:

Wait do Jackal grenades destroy other Jackal grenades? Like if I fired three stickies at a generator would one of them destroy the others?
    Yes they do, which makes it even shittier.

Edited:

If they want any success turning this into an esports title like the older tribes games, they need to stop listening to scrubs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

32. Post #7472
    Dedicated to the facepunch title flaming brigade
    October 2011
    702 Posts
    Got a headshot with the technician SMG. Didn't know it was possible but still awesome

33. Post #7473
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,800 Posts
    The thumper isn't that OP, either that or I don't encounter them often.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #7474
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,371 Posts
    The thumper isn't that OP, either that or I don't encounter them often.
    It can be annoying as infiltrator with them just randomly spamming it, but it's not as good as they make it out to be.

35. Post #7475
    Dedicated to the facepunch title flaming brigade
    October 2011
    702 Posts
    It can be annoying as infiltrator with them just randomly spamming it, but it's not as good as they make it out to be.
    I do not find it OP, I just find it to be SO much more useful then the SMG in close quarters (where you'd usually encounter a tech). It doesn't even take any skill, just aim in the vicinity of the enemy and BAM! Unless they're a heavy class, you're pretty much screwed after the first hit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

36. Post #7476
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,800 Posts
    And the Jackal is exactly what F2P games should be - a different gameplay style, not a straight upgrade.

Same with the heavy bolt launcher, which I'm loving to pieces.

37. Post #7477
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,734 Posts
    Same with the heavy bolt launcher, which I'm loving to pieces.
    Tell me about it. It's on my list of possible purchases.

Also, Stealth Spinfusor or Jackal?

38. Post #7478
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,628 Posts
    Invincibility lies in the sand. The possibility of victory lies in the raking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 10Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #7479
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,800 Posts
    The heavy bolt launcher is an odd one, it's brilliant for my style of play (Defence with slight-midfield offence in play) It has a huge drop but a really nice 700 damage with a large splash (Biggest splash in the game I think) It's great when coupled with defensive mines as you don't wait for the gun to spin up and only do 100 a shot, it's pretty much - mines detonate, you kill.

Indoors it's great as you'd expect with any explosive weapons but it definitely requires some practice to get the hang of where to shoot it. It's got quite a small collision model from what I can tell so they fly past a lot, but again - huge explosive radius.

It's overall a good weapon to use with a different playstyle, for example you can't chase people with it efficiently as you could with the chaingun, but if you were defending the flag I'd definitely say take the CG over the bolter.

If you're looking to change from defensive to attacking, don't invest in it, I find doing only a slight bit more of chasing with it compared to the chaingun, but it's mostly against heavies/mediums.

If anything the bolter makes me less likely to chase somebody going fast, it's incredibly difficult to judge the trajectory at long distances, but in summary it's a pretty neato weapon if you want to mix things up a bit.

Edited:

Invincibility lies in the sand. The possibility of victory lies in the raking.
    vgn
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

40. Post #7480
    October 2009
    2,172 Posts
    Oh lordy, I got the Heavy Shield pack for Brute and it is a blast. Stop those Jackal grenades, they tickle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Show Events