1. Post #761
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    Anyone have an exploitable of the flag? I'm working on something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #762
    June 2010
    1,813 Posts
    Can somebody please tell me why that galo sengen song is associated with tribes? I can't seem to figure it out at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #763

July 2011
    2,327 Posts
    It goes:
    Bronze - Silver - Gold (starts at level 18) - Platinum - Crazy black and blue things.
    ahh that makes sense i guess

thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #764
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,363 Posts
    Got access to the beta, however when it downloaded, turned out half the fucking files were already corrupt. Is this a common problem?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #765
    The King Of Zing
    September 2009
    14,899 Posts
    Played it again, i'm glad they switched to EXP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #766
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,363 Posts
    Why is Funion spam rating optimistic?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 5 (list)

7. Post #767
    Got access to the beta, however when it downloaded, turned out half the fucking files were already corrupt. Is this a common problem?
    Happens to a lot of people. Just verify the files and it should repair itself.

8. Post #768
    Appreciates Subtle Titles
    April 2009
    6,789 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 18Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #769
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,363 Posts
    Happens to a lot of people. Just verify the files and it should repair itself.
    It's taking almost half the time to repair as it did to download, I know since it's a beta that problems are meant to occur but not this big.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #770
    Why is Funion spam rating optimistic?
    He just loves Tribes so much it makes him happy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #771
    Is that a rocket in your pocket?
    March 2010
    8,410 Posts
    Funion spams rainbows on every game thread he posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #772
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,923 Posts

I don't suppose this is a known issue? Fucking around with the in game graphics options just gives slightly different shades of grey with smoother edges.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 5Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

13. Post #773
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,167 Posts

I don't suppose this is a known issue? Fucking around with the in game graphics options just gives slightly different shades of grey with smoother edges.
    nope no one knows what this is at all no one can help you sorry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #774
    I DRAW SEALS
    March 2009
    6,088 Posts
    This is what I feel like after I blow up a beowulf as a pathfinder.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #775
    April 2010
    3,773 Posts
    Does Safety Third effect the Juggernauts belt item? (Spinfusor Disc)

16. Post #776
    January 2012
    10,923 Posts
    nope no one knows what this is at all no one can help you sorry
    Is this sarcasm, the fix is like two pages back or something, isn't it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #777
    Is that a rocket in your pocket?
    March 2010
    8,410 Posts
    Is this sarcasm, the fix is like two pages back or something, isn't it
    yes, run the assistance tool shit thing if you have black stuff / no mouse problem
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #778
    January 2008
    720 Posts
    So are the outragous weapon prices just because it's a beta and they don't want everyone to unlock everything, or is the game slanted towards people who pay?

I mean, yea they have to make money but 170000XP for a shitty assualt rifle replacement of the shotgun for the pathfinder is alittle crazy. Especially since on a good game I can only get around 1000XP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #779
    Memento audere semper- audaces fortuna iuvat.
    February 2010
    8,134 Posts
    So are the outragous weapon prices just because it's a beta and they don't want everyone to unlock everything, or is the game slanted towards people who pay?

I mean, yea they have to make money but 170000XP for a shitty assualt rifle replacement of the shotgun for the pathfinder is alittle crazy. Especially since on a good game I can only get around 1000XP
    in CTF mode you can get 1000xp per cap.
    But yeah, 170'000 is an outrageous price.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #780
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,210 Posts
    not credits, xp

21. Post #781
    Memento audere semper- audaces fortuna iuvat.
    February 2010
    8,134 Posts
    not credits, xp
    Ouch. Well then how do you earn credits?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #782
    January 2012
    10,923 Posts
    yes, run the assistance tool shit thing if you have black stuff / no mouse problem
    Oh sweet, thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #783
    January 2008
    720 Posts

That can't be right because I just finished a round where I capped five times, and I only finished the game with 1200 something XP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #784
    The King Of Zing
    September 2009
    14,899 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 24Late Late x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #785
    January 2012
    10,923 Posts
    This is taking longer to repair than it did to download, what was even wrong with it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #786
    December 2010
    6,432 Posts
    I am getting mouse lag no matter what settings I am on, and it's just this game. How do I fix this?

27. Post #787
    The King Of Zing
    September 2009
    14,899 Posts
    Why do people bother to defend when I can [sub][sub]gotta[/sub][/sub] go fast and ram my way through their base, grab their flag, and fly out the other side in .5 seconds?

28. Post #788
    Anthropologist
    July 2007
    778 Posts
    So I just got a key and i downloaded the installer and ran it.

Now im at this screen and at the bottom next to play it says I have to download some 2 gig patch.

That's all good but its been sitting on waiting for server for quite some time now.

Any ideas?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #789
    Click here for instant Gumby.
    November 2010
    4,456 Posts
    This is downloading for me right now. At first, it was just a friend asking me to play, and I wasn't having it, but I'll be honest, I've heard so much good stuff about this now, that I've got to try it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #790
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,940 Posts
    Why do people bother to defend when I can [sub][sub]gotta[/sub][/sub] go fast and ram my way through their base, grab their flag, and fly out the other side in .5 seconds?
    They might as well try. It's better than a team defending hard when it's 1-3 in the enemies favor. Happens to me a lot. Only one going for the enemy flag.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #791
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,998 Posts
    Just tried this for the first time.

7 kills and a flag cap. This is a remarkably solid shooter. It's reminiscent of the classics like UT2k4 and Q3...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #792
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,710 Posts

Juggernaut_goes_for_the_flag.gif
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny x 13Late x 4Agree x 2Winner x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #793
    March 2011
    5,035 Posts
    Just tried this for the first time.

7 kills and a flag cap. This is a remarkably solid shooter. It's reminiscent of the classics like UT2k4 and Q3...
    One reason I see tribes ascend doing so well, is there are relatively few fast paced shooters like unreal tournament out on the market.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #794
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,998 Posts

validate your game cache
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #795
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,627 Posts
    Both have their pros and cons.

Spinfusor
    ++Straight trajectory
    ++Fast Reload 1.65s
    --770 Dmg
    --Projectile glows blue

Bolt Launcher
    ++910 Dmg
    ++Projectile near invisible
    --Arc trajectory
    --Slow Reload 1.88s

Personally, I like the Bolt Launcher.
    The bolt launcher is probably better, it has higher dps and the arc trajectory isn't actually a disadvantage since you can hit people up hills way easier. Also impossible to dodge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #796
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,998 Posts
    One reason I see tribes ascend doing so well, is there are relatively few fast paced shooters like unreal tournament out on the market.
    the free to play stuff could kill it if they fuck it up and make it pay to win though...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

37. Post #797
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    2,087 Posts
    Ouch. Well then how do you earn credits?
    Credits are earned during a match, and can be spent on vehicles or anything you order with that little laser pointer gun, and go away at the end of the match. Any time you see +2000 (Flag Cap) or +200 (Flag Grab) or +whatever, that goes directly towards your credits. Experience you gain is calculated through some formula involving how well you played and how long the game was, though I feel that it has a huge amount to do with how long the game is because I spent fifteen minutes doing fuck all on a TDM match and got 1.5k exp yesterday.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #798
    December 2009
    8,851 Posts
    At first I thought I understood why the weapons where so expensive (Obviously to get people to buy boosters) but now that I have one it still seems like i'm getting no where closer to having anywhere enough to get a weapon. Even with this 3 times faster xp i'm getting it still feels like dropping spoon fulls to fill up a pool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #799
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,831 Posts
    just started playing, I thought deathmatch would be easy, but I can't hit ANYTHING
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #800
    Nothing quite like a pro flag block as a big fat fatty doombringer to end your speedy sanic ways.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)