1. Post #9681
    November 2009
    2,490 Posts
    bought cloack-n-dagger pack with skins, maybe because my infiltrator has near no upgrades. i dont find jackal that op.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #9682
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    16,749 Posts

that's your fault, turn your sensitivity down and increase your DPI
    So whats the best sensitivity? 40?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Winner Winner x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #9683
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,142 Posts
    I love Raindance
    Meleeing unsuspecting sentinels all day
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #9684
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,976 Posts
    I love Raindance
    Meleeing unsuspecting sentinels all day
    I like more when the tech goes for another turrent in the supply deport.

He is inmobile and unable to fire for 2 good seconds for a little tap in the back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events

5. Post #9685
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts
    So whats the best sensitivity? 40?
    there is no best. i use 3.5 while sniping and 5 when sld/inf. it depends on you and your setup. i use 3500 dpi, 6/11 windows sens, 10 sens on my drivers and the ingame mentioned above
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events

6. Post #9686
    June 2008
    3,330 Posts
    This game really highlights my total lack of skill in shooters. But god dammit I can't stop playing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #9687
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,464 Posts
    Welp, I just had 5+ games which ended in a 0-5 stomp. One of the rounds was as short as 3:34

Is there any point in playing CTF anymore?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

8. Post #9688
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts
    Welp, I just had 5+ games which ended in a 0-5 stomp. One of the rounds was as short as 3:34

then play better or play hof
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9689
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,464 Posts
    then play better
    Seriously?

This is the kind of response I expect from someone who is 12.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 14Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 2 (list)

10. Post #9690
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,142 Posts
    Did Hirez get rid of Shrike surfing or am I just doing it wrong?

11. Post #9691
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,390 Posts
    Doombringer is so unfun to play.

I'm sure it'd be better if I could actually hit something with the chain gun, but I can't, so it's like pulling my teeth out. And forcefields aren't useful when they can just shoot it from a mile away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #9692
    Gold Member

January 2009
    1,231 Posts
    I know this may sound stupid but even with super heavy i generally just get blasted clean off the flag by the bolt launcher.

So what is the trick to staying on that flag?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #9693
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,142 Posts
    Use Inf with super heavy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #9694
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts
    Seriously?

yes, seriously. do something about the EFC and you wont get 5-0 stomped. snipe him, play hof, chase him, cut him off, e-grab punt(or carry). there are so many things a single, skilled player can do to stop a 5-0 stomp theres really no reason to complain

Edited:

I know this may sound stupid but even with super heavy i generally just get blasted clean off the flag by the bolt launcher.

So what is the trick to staying on that flag?
    hover slightly off the ground as they come in. youll still get moved but not nearly as much as usual
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #9695
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,464 Posts
    yes, seriously. do something about the EFC and you wont get 5-0 stomped. snipe him, play hof, chase him, cut him off, e-grab punt(or carry). there are so many things a single, skilled player can do to stop a 5-0 stomp theres really no reason to complain
    Expecting a single person to dramatically change the outcome of a 16v16 game is a bit silly. Flag chasing/grabbing isn't my strong point so I was focusing on clearing the flag stand for our cappers. What else do you want me to do? I cannot perform magic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

16. Post #9696
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts
    Expecting a single person to dramatically change the outcome of a 16v16 game is a bit silly. Flag chasing/grabbing isn't my strong point so I was focusing on clearing the flag stand for our cappers. What else do you want me to do? I cannot perform magic.
    clearing stand obviously aint doing shit after a 3-0 or even a 2-0, so you change what youre doing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #9697
    Gold Member

January 2009
    1,231 Posts
    Fair enough point but really some matches quite simply cannot be won no matter how hard you try.

Also thinking of it he would probably earn more points by staying jug getting himself more exp in a doomed match.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #9698
    Ask me about my 'female train' fetish.
    January 2006
    5,423 Posts
    Seriously?

I see you've just met Chirno. Have fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #9699
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,773 Posts
    Chirno is like a parrot who swears at people, we keep him in a cage by the door because it's funny.

Also I wonder if they'll add the jericho mobile base? That was a real game changer in T2 and getting a good spot for it made the difference between an effective assault and just running into a meat grinder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #9700
    Gold Member

January 2009
    1,231 Posts

I'm sure it'd be better if I could actually hit something with the chain gun, but I can't, so it's like pulling my teeth out. And forcefields aren't useful when they can just shoot it from a mile away.
    If you want to have fun just don't deploy your force fields until the pathfinder is inbound.

Nothing is more hilarious then watching them stumble and either ruining their run or just crash right in to the force field.

But really generally you should only deploy all your force fields in the beginning or after you have a supply depot near you. Unless there is a juggernaut bombing it all to hell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

21. Post #9701
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,770 Posts

In my opinion forcefields should only take damage from people passing through it or melee only. And the chaingun needs a much higher rate of fire.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Informative Informative x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #9702
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    16,749 Posts

I have seen stomps in CaH, It's awful
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Argentina Show Events

23. Post #9703
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,728 Posts
    Tribes Ascend has improved the quality of my (internet) life.

Almost immediately after downloading the game my home internet download rate increased from an average of 700kb/s to 950kb/s. If this wasn't enough, my network download rate at uni which previously never rose above 100kb/s has now peaked at 1.6mb/s.

Disregard that, uni download rate has now risen to a godly (at least to me it is) 3.9mb/s rate. Holy shit I don't know what TA's done to my net but I love it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

24. Post #9704
    September 2011
    334 Posts
    Tribes Ascend has improved the quality of my (internet) life.

Almost immediately after downloading the game my home internet download rate increased from an average of 700kb/s to 950kb/s. If this wasn't enough, my network download rate at uni which previously never rose above 100kb/s has now peaked at 1.6mb/s.
    Gotta go fast
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 17Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #9705

March 2012
    59 Posts
    This is retarded, you can't buy gold with paypal unless you're paypal is verified with a credit card, is hi-rez really this stupid. So you can't buy anything without a credit card? I put 25€ on my paypal account, but I can't use it because it isn't verified with a cc, then how are people without cc's supposed to play this game? I'm pissed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Funny Funny x 4Informative Informative x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #9706
    One sexy lumpy man
    August 2010
    1,466 Posts
    By the Emprah, Blood Eagle 4 lyfe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #9707
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    713 Posts
    This is retarded, you can't buy gold with paypal unless you're paypal is verified with a credit card, is hi-rez really this stupid. So you can't buy anything without a credit card? I put 25€ on my paypal account, but I can't use it because it isn't verified with a cc, then how are people without cc's supposed to play this game? I'm pissed.
    By not buying gold?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events

28. Post #9708

March 2012
    59 Posts
    By not buying gold?
    You unlock everything so slow, if you make a game like this please make sure people are able to pay for your game..

I'm not complaining about "pay to win", I'd gladly pay and support this game, I just can't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #9709
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,770 Posts
    You unlock everything so slow, if you make a game like this please make sure people are able to pay for your game..

I'm not complaining about "pay to win", I'd gladly pay and support this game, I just can't.
    Thank god they're letting you play the game without paying though, trying to buy the game would be a nightmare.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

30. Post #9710
    Gold Member

January 2009
    1,231 Posts
    In my opinion forcefields should only take damage from people passing through it or melee only. And the chaingun needs a much higher rate of fire.
    This would be just ridiculous the combination of mines+deployables that can only be destroyed by 2/3 melee hits or 2/3 suicidal pathfinders is absurd.

Increasing the chain guns fire rate would make it INCREDIBLY powerful in the hands of a skilled player. For a buff too the chain gun the only two possible buffs are increase in projectile size and speed

Also I would like to note that the tribes ascend wiki is truly awful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

31. Post #9711
    April 2008
    1,242 Posts
    Hehe, you obviously have never seen a stupidly good Sentinel.

32. Post #9712
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,770 Posts
    This would be just ridiculous the combination of mines+deployables that can only be destroyed by 2/3 melee hits or 2/3 suicidal pathfinders is absurd.

Increasing the chain guns fire rate would make it INCREDIBLY powerful in the hands of a skilled player. For a buff too the chain gun the only two possible buffs are increase in projectile size and speed

Also I would like to note that the tribes ascend wiki is truly awful.
    Okay, different ideas for Doombringer stuff:

• Forcefields should have more HP. They shouldn't be destroyed in a few spinfusor shots from across the map. And really slow HP regeneration too.
    • Increase RoF on chaingun, but lower the accuracy.

Edited:

I'm thinking of making a list of changes that would be awesome and could possibly cause less "X IS OP PLS NERF"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

33. Post #9713

May 2011
    1,095 Posts
    Seriously?

Chirno is 12, I think
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

34. Post #9714
    rogasm
    May 2010
    4,764 Posts
    Okay, different ideas for Doombringer stuff:

• Forcefields should have more HP. They shouldn't be destroyed in a few spinfusor shots from across the map. And really slow HP regeneration too.
    • Increase RoF on chaingun, but lower the accuracy.

Edited:

I'm thinking of making a list of changes that would be awesome and could possibly cause less "X IS OP PLS NERF"
    Forcefields should count as armored targets to prevent sents from wrecking them. Also, faster repair rate on deployables and other things that aren't fixed base assets would be cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #9715
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    966 Posts
    I just started playing. My profile name is Vuoristo if you're interested in adding me for whatever reason. Soldier is my favorite class so far.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #9716
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    14,858 Posts

But that's where all the challenge is, leading targets and being creative in placing the forcefields. It's so satisfying to watch a light or medium fly through one and die, especially when they try and grab the flag. It's also really fun shooting multiple saber missiles at vehicles and watching them not know what to do.

37. Post #9717
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,770 Posts
    Okay I got a list of stuff I'd like to see.

Pathfinder:
    • Increase accuracy on Shotgun
    • Increase accuracy on Light Assault Rifle

Sentinel:
    Can't think of anything.

Infiltrator:
    • Significantly decrease volume of Stealth Spinfusor when cloaked
    • Decrease damage on Silenced Pistol significantly
    • Jackal stickies can only be detonated when they're within the user's field of view unobstructed
    • Decrease "reload" time for Throwing Knives
    • Add parabolic drop to Throwing Knives

Soldier:
    • Decrease splash radius on Thumper DX

Technician:
    • Remove Thumper from Technician class
    • Move Double Barrel Shotgun from Technician class's secondary slot to primary
    • Increase Double Barrel Shotgun's damage
    • Allow more than one Light Turret to be carried with the correct upgrades

Raider:
    • Increase throw distance on EMP Grenade
    • Add Nova Colt to secondary slot as an unlockable

Juggernaut:
    • Allow Fusion Mortar projectiles to detonate on contact with enemies or enemy deployables
    • Remove spinup time from X1 LMG

Doombringer:
    • Increase rate of fire on Chaingun
    • Decrease accuracy on Chaingun
    • Increase base HP on Forcefields significantly
    • Allow the Saber Launcher to lock on quicker with enough upgrades

Brute:
    • Remove Nova Colt from Brute class
    • Add Technician's Thumper to the secondary weapon slot as an unlockable

All Deployables:
    • Considered "Armored"
    • Pressing the reload key when facing a deployable set by the player allows you to pick them back up to be placed somewhere else

All Grenades:
    • If the grenade key is held for a moment before being released, the grenade will instead be dropped instead of thrown. If the type of grenade normally detonates on impact, it would not in this case.
    Feedback?

Edited:

Oh I just thought of another thing.
    Two new accolades for llama grabbing.
    5x Llama Grabs = Pack Mule
    10x Llama Grabs = The Emperor's New Groove
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Disagree x 13Agree x 6Funny x 4Dumb x 2Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #9718
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,731 Posts
    Some of those changes are ok, but I just don't see why would you want to buff Juggernaut and the thumper as Brute secondary makes little sense, without hitscan weapons he would be an easy target for lights and mediums unless you can score blueplates like a pro.

Accolades are awesome tho.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

39. Post #9719
    January 2012
    526 Posts
    Okay I got a list of stuff I'd like to see.
    Remove spinup time from X1 LMG
    Lol, you're kidding, right? Right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #9720
    July 2010
    3,641 Posts
    Lol, you're kidding, right? Right?
    It's not like juggernaut needs a buff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events