1. Post #9881
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,157 Posts
    I got an airmail with the mortar before
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 2 (list)

2. Post #9882
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,706 Posts
    This game is no longer any fun at all.

Doombringers are ruining all the fun for me.

Every class I play, almost none have the right weaponry to kill a doombringer; simply because by the time any of the large weapons reload the doombringer has taken down a ton of your health with the sniperchaingun.

The few classes that have some success are soldier and tcn. Yes. TCN!

Why? Because they have similarly spammy-guns. TCN is better than soldier at this, because his gun is better.

The chaingun needs a massive nerf - damage reduced to about 50 perhaps, or a massive spread to reduce it's snipeness.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 11Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #9883
    fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart
    November 2007
    7,793 Posts

Every class I play, almost none have the right weaponry to kill a doombringer; simply because by the time any of the large weapons reload the doombringer has taken down a ton of your health with the sniperchaingun.

Why? Because they have similarly spammy-guns. TCN is better than soldier at this, because his gun is better.

The chaingun needs a massive nerf - damage reduced to about 50 perhaps, or a massive spread to reduce it's snipeness.
    i get killed a lot with that gun so its overpowered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Agree Agree x 9 (list)

4. Post #9884
    June 2010
    3,907 Posts
    dmbs are pretty easy to kill.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 7 (list)

5. Post #9885
    January 2012
    529 Posts

Just go raider with shield pack and SMG. Best duelling class in the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #9886
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,108 Posts
    Best counter against Doombringer, another Doombringer.
    Or just get rid of the rest of his team, you can't really expect the guy on the stand to not be covered by a half-decent team.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #9887
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,976 Posts

Spam for the distance and watch them try to hide.
    Or you can always go raider to screw all his hard work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events

8. Post #9888
    October 2011
    205 Posts
    ohshi-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 23Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9889
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,418 Posts

I've never seen a good DMB with the chaingun. Ever.

I can usually kill them as a pathfinder just because they can't hit me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #9890
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,500 Posts

But put it in skilled hands and nothing short of a thrust pack can juke the chaingun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

11. Post #9891
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    7,131 Posts

come at me bro
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #9892
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,418 Posts
    Same with every other automatic weapon in the game though. They're all "overpowered" if you can actually hit things with them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

13. Post #9893
    rogasm
    May 2010
    4,777 Posts

Fusion mortar, sent, long-range spinfusor, clear the mines on the stand, scare the doombringer off :v

14. Post #9894
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,583 Posts
    Same with every other automatic weapon in the game though. They're all "overpowered" if you can actually hit things with them.
    Spinfusers and thumpers have huge fire delays which require player skill to keep yourself moving in the right directions. SMG's do low damage and have small clips so you have to make up for it by staying mobile and being precise with your aiming. Sniper Rifles have huge fire delays and now do much less damage at range.

Chaingun? Stand in one spot and just fucking mow down everything around you with a endless stream of 100dmg bullets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

15. Post #9895
    July 2010
    3,562 Posts
    Oh my god.

I Goomba Stomped    landed on    a flag runner with a Grav Cycle.

<3 Vehicles
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

16. Post #9896
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    7,136 Posts
    I found a reason to like temple ruins. Enemy sentinels consistently choose the same 2 or 3 vantage points so you can always sneak up behind them and murder them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #9897
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    7,131 Posts
    Shrikes are pretty fun on Temple Ruins, you can generally avoid DMB missiles too.

18. Post #9898
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,436 Posts
    I fucking love this game. I just need to stop being terrible at it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #9899
    January 2012
    529 Posts

This is why I want a fun server with free grav cycles :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 9Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #9900
    April 2008
    1,242 Posts

Really? Chaingun is amazing. First game as HoF in weeks, Doombringer with mines and CG, Safety third and super heavy. Ended the round 30 kills, 18 assist, 3 deaths with 2 flag caps(carrier passed to me in standoff once, died right before cap another), 18 returns. On Katabatic. Final score was 5-1

It felt so good. Glad they came at me in such nice straight lines so that the ywere 1/2 health by the time they reached the flag stand. My mines ate them up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

21. Post #9901
    One sexy lumpy man
    August 2010
    1,466 Posts
    Is the LAR worth getting? I've been thinking about getting it but don't want to waste my hard earned XP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

22. Post #9902
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,186 Posts

then you haven't played with any competent player who knows how to lead.

initially i was ass at bullet weapons because i didn't know how much i had to lead, but after a day or two of grinding 15 hours both days i can now manage to hit more than 60% of a magazine.

Edited:

does anybody want to make a small little scrim team of 8-9 players and use gameshrine to setup scrims???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #9903
    July 2010
    3,562 Posts
    IGN reviewed TA.

They said the vehicles were lame/pointless and should be free like in battlefield.

IGN can suck on my dick flying at 320km/h in my Shrike.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

24. Post #9904
    November 2009
    2,494 Posts
    my slayer accolades with beowulf disagree with that.
    but i agree vehicles could get some improvements
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #9905
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,976 Posts
    my slayer accolades with beowulf disagree with that.
    but i agree vehicles could get some improvements
    I want first person view for the vehicles
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

26. Post #9906
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,052 Posts
    IGN reviewed TA.

They said the vehicles were lame/pointless and should be free like in battlefield.

they are, though. shrikes are kind of useful if you are really good with them, but grav cycles are a joke and beowulfs are just mortars with infinite ammo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

27. Post #9907
    July 2010
    3,758 Posts
    IGN reviewed TA.

They definitely need some tweaking though. Grav Cycles are worthless, Beowulfs are explosive magnets, and are too easily harassed due to enemies being able to run circles around you while you're still trying to turn the cannon. The Shrike is okay, but I'm not a fan of it's clunky flight controls. They should make it fly like it did in T2. However, their idea that the vehicles should be free is beyond stupid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #9908
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,186 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

29. Post #9909
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,976 Posts
    Brute Matchups:

Doombringer with Chaingun
    This motherfucker is the worse thing you can run inside the generator. If he has super heavy and a good aim you will barely make it. He won't die in two shots unlike other classes and the worse is you can't run away since both are fatties with the same speed.

Your best bet is knock him back with one H spinfusor shot and then throw the rave at your feets as you run for your life. Or you can take the shotgun and try to zig zag but still the DBM will win.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #9910
    wug
    Tumornator 2: Judgement Day
    June 2010
    2,724 Posts
    Oh god play this game while listening to this, I guarantee you will go 10x the sanics.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #9911
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    5,960 Posts

This is why I want a fun server with free grav cycles :(
    This needs to be a thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #9912
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,296 Posts
    they are, though. shrikes are kind of useful if you are really good with them, but grav cycles are a joke and beowulfs are just mortars with infinite ammo.
    Beowulfs are long range siege units. Extremely effective at destroying anything, including sentinels.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

33. Post #9913
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,887 Posts
    So Hi-Rez asked what the Blood Eagle leader would look like, and they turned up some pretty good results (not really this is the only good one):

More here: http://www.nofrag.com/2012/avr/19/40079/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 8Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #9914
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,864 Posts
    I like this one.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 21Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #9915
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    14,532 Posts
    So Hi-Rez asked what the Blood Eagle leader would look like, and they turned up some pretty good results (not really this is the only good one):

Pretty good picture, but doesn't look very leader-y.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

36. Post #9916
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,887 Posts
    I imagine the announcer is the guy in the ship and is the fleet commander, so I guess that's probably the high-ranking armour he wears or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

37. Post #9917
    October 2011
    1,349 Posts
    *sigh*
    I guess it's time to farm for the jackal.
    This will take a LOOOONG time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Montenegro Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #9918
    itty bitty silly pretty little pony
    September 2011
    6,880 Posts
    Infiltrators are just starting to be the main thing in this game that annoys me.
    90% of the time I die to one, there's absolutely nothing I could have done to prevent it, and it irritates the hell out of me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #9919
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,500 Posts

wh40k called, they want their armour back

way too flashy imo. if the leader is the announcer, I imagine him just wearing moderately customised medium armour, no helmet, naturally badass.

Edited:

also he's got to have some awesome signature weapon, like dual-wielding spinfusor carbines
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

40. Post #9920
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,833 Posts

I guess Blood Eagle is led by an Evangelion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)