1. Post #1081
    November 2009
    2,821 Posts
    What have I done?

I think it's safe to say I've already had too much fun with this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #1082
    I think I've found the best way to play.

The energy pack fully upgraded
    +The two energy boosts.

You can pretty much jetpack all the time always
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #1083
    I can't think of a good title.
    May 2010
    16,337 Posts
    For some reason, whenever I hear the commander guy for the Blood Eagles, I picture him in a Warhammer commissar uniform. I have absolutely no reason why, but it just seems to fit the voice perfectly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #1084
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,453 Posts
    For some reason, whenever I hear the commander guy for the Blood Eagles, I picture him in a Warhammer commissar uniform. I have absolutely no reason why, but it just seems to fit the voice perfectly.
    I think he sounds a lot like Dan Halen.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #1085
    Christ, twice today I've been doing really well and the servers just flat out crash

Is this just the Australian servers or what?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #1086
    I WOTCH ANIEM
    October 2008
    8,053 Posts
    I suck at this game. I go fast, but I still get shot and I can't shoot anybody either. I sometimes do damage with the Thumper DX, but I can't hit anyone otherwise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #1087
    The King Of Zing
    September 2009
    14,853 Posts
    So there's this motherfucking pathfinder with our flag in their base, so I go super sanic speed, I roll up to his ass, throw one of those "on touch shatter" grenades, it blows up, shazbot sandraker dies, I re-capture the flag, and the remaining damage kills me.

Gotta go fast
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #1088
    wug
    Tumornator 2: Judgement Day
    June 2010
    2,724 Posts
    So i was playing doombringer, and was pissing around with the saber launcher at my base while i was bored sitting behind these turrets and force fields when i accidentally fired. I had no idea who or what i fired at, and i killed the flag carrier who was jetpacking up to his base on bella omega. One of the pathfinders chasing him snatched the flag.
    Probably my best accidental kill yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #1089
    Dennab
    March 2010
    1,625 Posts
    Wow I don't mean to brag but on my first match I was insanely good. I got around 8 thumper kill midair and around 10 more with the assault rifle. This game has got me hooked!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

10. Post #1090
    June 2011
    1,479 Posts
    Oh god damnit, I just started playing and realized that they changed soldier's default. Now I have to wait to unlock the spinfusor, I'm not good with the grenade launcher.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #1091
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,503 Posts
    Christ, twice today I've been doing really well and the servers just flat out crash

Is this just the Australian servers or what?
    What is your ign?

12. Post #1092
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,378 Posts
    Should I buy sentinel or technician?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #1093
    ONION
    April 2005
    1,630 Posts
    going super sonic speeds into the sandrakers base, skidding past the turrets flip the bird to the tech and doombringer grab the flag, drift to the other door almost home free of the base and bam.
    hi pathfinder let me stand in front of you and help you get that flag.

happens too fucking much
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #1094
    This is why you don't stand in a nearly unreachable area and taunt the enemy with their flag

Note the sticky bomb about to hit me   

Edited:

(Ignore the graphics, I can't stand the bloom in this game)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

15. Post #1095
    Memento audere semper- audaces fortuna iuvat.
    February 2010
    7,917 Posts
    wow do you guys play in third person view?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #1096
    November 2008
    1,153 Posts
    press 'x', unless you've unbound it that should work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #1097
    OBVIOUS LOLICON
    August 2007
    1,349 Posts
    I play in first person, however there are advantages to 3rd person, such as being able to see behind you a bit, and look around corners safely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Denmark Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #1098
    THE MOON ... BEAU TIFUL
    June 2006
    1,143 Posts
    I mostly just use it when I ski around because it looks cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #1099
    Only when I'm skiing, I find it easier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #1100
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    1,314 Posts
    Christ, I have to play this on low to get a reasonable framerate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #1101
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,639 Posts

Replace the youtube part with tribes, and the guy bitching about the random faces with people bitching about my mines, and you have an average tribes match for me, it is delicious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #1102
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    7,260 Posts
    Holy shit.
    I do believe I am in love with the thumper DX. Theres nothing quite as satisfying as arcing and leading a perfect shot that kills the enemy flag carrier, or fending off a Juggernaut from the gennie room all by yourself.

I also really enjoy running around with the repair gun and the thumper DX, just doing engineer stuff. Should I unlock the spinfusor next, or the tech?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #1103
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    7,137 Posts
    My friend gets really annoyed by the Thumper DX
    I just hate Doombringers

going super sonic speeds into the sandrakers base, skidding past the turrets flip the bird to the tech and doombringer grab the flag, drift to the other door almost home free of the base and bam.
    hi pathfinder let me stand in front of you and help you get that flag.

happens too fucking much
    It's annoying when you're going super sanic fast and about to cap the flag, when some guy who's practically walking comes and takes it, proceeding to die and leaving you without a flag.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #1104
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,598 Posts
    I find the Spinfusor so fucking annoying.
    The enemies ALWAYS kill me with it when i'm going at like 110 SANICs and when I'm the one using it, I blow myself up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #1105

July 2011
    2,327 Posts
    why do sentinels get so angry when i stand in front of them and say hi :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #1106
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    7,137 Posts
    I like to just harass enemies when you ski by with the Spinfusor, just hit them once and carry on skiing away like a twat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #1107
    Memento audere semper- audaces fortuna iuvat.
    February 2010
    7,917 Posts
    oh man weapons price is prohibitive.. 170'000 for the other primary of the juggernout.. meh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #1108
    August 2011
    211 Posts
    why do sentinels get so angry when i stand in front of them and say hi :(
    lol
    I would love to see [VGA...] doing a comeback
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #1109
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    7,137 Posts
    The only thing they'd need to fix for this game is the damn prices of weapons, a bit of balancing and it'd be perfect.
    Just add extra content from that point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #1110
    May 2011
    2,016 Posts
    Wow. This game is AMAZING!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #1111
    Dennab
    July 2010
    1,808 Posts
    110 SANICs
    gotta go faster
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #1112
    August 2011
    211 Posts
    The only thing they'd need to fix for this game is the damn prices of weapons, a bit of balancing and it'd be perfect.
    Just add extra content from that point.
    Yeah i think they could nudge some of the weapon prices a bit down, they could make money out of character cutomization instead since it doesn't make a diference in battles ( different skins, armors).
    I personaly would love to see a armor cuztomization like the SpaceMarine game one, diferent types of helms/chest pieces/gauntlets/boots/leggings all mixed together would give a lot of diversity.

I just hope they don't mix Tribes together with the ability to change skin, if something like what i said above doesn't happen at least just diferent looks for each Tribe.

Either way i don't think we will be seeing skins that soon, it's probably something HiRez has as one of the last things to add
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #1113
    November 2009
    7,260 Posts
    If they added custom skins, two things would happen.

1. Sanics everywhere

2. I make an angry Marine Juggernaut skin for full-on frontal fuckery
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #1114
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,378 Posts
    If they added custom skins, two things would happen.

1. Sanics everywhere

2. I make an angry Marine Juggernaut skin for full-on frontal fuckery
    GOTTA GO ANGRY AS FUCK

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #1115
    I'm trying to figure out how to mod in the Halo Combat Evolved announcer voicefiles for CTF, because this game really reminds me of the old Halo CTF.
    Remember these?
    http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/dialogu...hastheflag.mp3
    http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/dialogu...y/gameover.mp3
    http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/dialogu...agreturned.mp3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #1116
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,718 Posts
    what are some good songs to go fast
    I'm making my 'gotta go fast' playlist
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #1117
    I WOTCH ANIEM
    October 2008
    8,053 Posts
    I just got my first two kills. The assault rifle is good if you know how to lead, and the Thumper is just gold.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #1118
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,821 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #1119
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    14,532 Posts

Edited:

Oh God, Gentlemen, you know what to do:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #1120
    November 2009
    7,260 Posts
    GOTTA GO ANGRY AS FUCK

Ski in at 170 sanics, destroy gennie and all turrets, kill nine sandraker faggots, fly away with the flag using the splash pushback of the planet-raping mortar.

ALWAYS ANGRY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)