1. Post #3241
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,753 Posts
    To anyone misfortunate enough to use the sentinel:
    Please pay attention to the sound of jetpacks and/or footsteps. I've killed many-o-men by sneaking up behind them and introducing their ass to mr. thumpy.
    There's been a few times where I've just ran up behind them and melee'd them in the back, and this is as a raider.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #3242
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    7,262 Posts
    I just went on a thumping spree and [vgtg]'d afterwards. one of the dirty sandrakers I killed said "shut up ur rank 8"

So I thumped him again.

Edited:

Should I unlock doombringer? the chaingun an saber launcher look sweet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #3243
    January 2012
    10,753 Posts

vgca
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 21Informative Informative x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #3244
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    I don't understand

why is that a girl

5. Post #3245
    Remove anime
    July 2007
    9,534 Posts
    I don't understand

why is that a girl
    Because it would be gay if it was a dude and only funion likes that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 11Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

6. Post #3246
    January 2012
    10,753 Posts
    I don't understand

why is that a girl
    Because big boobs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #3247
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    7,140 Posts
    Don't think she'd be able to go fast without knocking herself unconscious with those sandbags
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

8. Post #3248
    January 2012
    529 Posts
    I made 1 more video for a laugh, with music which will probably be more appreciated and longer clips:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2hdNv8VENc

I want to make a proper montage with Sony Vegas Pro at some point, not strictly Sentinel too, maybe with some Pathfinder/Soldier gameplay thrown in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #3249
    Remove anime
    July 2007
    9,534 Posts
    Don't think she'd be able to go fast without knocking herself unconscious with those sandbags
    Well, she got cushions then in case she falls over. No fall damage perk?

Edited:

I made 1 more video for a laugh, with music which will probably be more appreciated and longer clips:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2hdNv8VENc

I want to make a proper montage with Sony Vegas Pro at some point, not strictly Sentinel too, maybe with some Pathfinder/Soldier gameplay thrown in
    Nice stuff, how much have you been sniping?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

10. Post #3250
    January 2012
    529 Posts
    Nice stuff, how much have you been sniping?
    Not too much, been on and off with it, I split my time between Sentinel, Soldier and Pathfinder. That footage was all taken from 3 or 4 rounds I think, just something I made quick out of boredom.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #3251
    Remove anime
    July 2007
    9,534 Posts
    Not too much, been on and off with it, I split my time between Sentinel, Soldier and Pathfinder. That footage was all taken from 3 or 4 rounds I think, just something I made quick out of boredom.
    How do you feel about the phase rifle then?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

12. Post #3252
    January 2012
    529 Posts
    How do you feel about the phase rifle then?
    I prefer it to the BXT1 (Or whatever variation of those letters it is) nothing beats that feeling of pulling off a good quick scope or no scope and thinking "How on earth did I just do that?", that's not the only reason of course, it's a good weapon if you like to move around the map and shoot, you don't have to be stationary to be effective with it. The energy drain is definitely a down side, but if you play up close and have survivalist you can grab the ammo drops and have a full charge ready by the time the next guy comes along.

Also, just between you and I, the phase rifle still has a bug where you can pull off 2 full damage shots in quick succession, it's not something you can do all the time, it's just if you time 2 shots 1 after the other perfectly. In the video I posted you can see I do it once @ 1:29. Very hit and miss though, not a bug you can rely on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #3253
    Remove anime
    July 2007
    9,534 Posts
    I have a similair experience with it. the BXT1 seems to have higher DPS (even with energy recharge pack) simply because it charges faster, however being able to jump into scope quickly is nice. I think they should reduce the energy cost on the phase rifle by a little bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #3254
    January 2012
    529 Posts
    I think they will buff it a bit tbh. I'd like to see the Phase rifle having higher DPS on the first 2 shots, and lower DPS on the shots thereafter. So for steady DPS you have the BXT1, and for a high DPS burst to take down a carrier you have the Phase Rifle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #3255
    November 2009
    7,262 Posts
    Unlock doombringer y/n
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #3256
    January 2012
    529 Posts
    Unlock doombringer y/n
    If you like sitting your ass at the flag stand all round, yes.

17. Post #3257
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,890 Posts

Don't care how late this is it's gold
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 7Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #3258
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    18,257 Posts
    i think this speaks for itself

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Artistic Artistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #3259
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,136 Posts
    Because it would be gay if it was a dude and only funion likes that.
    i touched myself
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 9Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #3260
    November 2009
    7,262 Posts
    I just got my first job, yay. Time to celebrate with some vgs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #3261
    May 2011
    2,448 Posts
    well that was fun. Held the enemy generator room on DryDock against 2 enemy raiders, 2 techs, a jugger, and a brute for about 20 kills. Then the next round was one big sniper war
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

22. Post #3262
    I've traveled 500 Sanics to give you my Shazbot!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

23. Post #3263
    November 2009
    7,262 Posts
    How much is the stealth spinfusor to unlock? Im debating weather to unlock doombringer or infiltrator.

24. Post #3264
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,584 Posts
    How much is the stealth spinfusor to unlock? Im debating weather to unlock doombringer or infiltrator.
    Most of the primary weapons are 100000 exp
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #3265
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,458 Posts
    From experience I find the Doombringer pretty fucking useless, the forcefield doesn't stop people, only damage them when they pass through.

You're slow as fuck, your main weapon is a chaingun that does great damage when it actually hit but you're so slow that explosives severely outdamage you and they barely need to aim unlike you.

As for the saber launcher, barely anyone uses vehicle, it's only good for the occasional grav cycle or flying pathfinder eagle fuckfaggot but most people are never in the air long enough for you to get a lock on and it tells them when they're locked on so they can just land back on the ground.

The missiles can also easily be shot down or dodged by using the thrust pack.

I'm really fuckin' dissapointed that I bought the doombringer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #3266
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,108 Posts
    From experience I find the Doombringer pretty fucking useless, the forcefield doesn't stop people, only damage them when they pass through.

You're slow as fuck, your main weapon is a chaingun that does great damage when it actually hit but you're so slow that explosives severely outdamage you and they barely need to aim unlike you.

As for the saber launcher, barely anyone uses vehicle, it's only good for the occasional grav cycle or flying pathfinder eagle fuckfaggot but most people are never in the air long enough for you to get a lock on and it tells them when they're locked on so they can just land back on the ground.

The missiles can also easily be shot down or dodged by using the thrust pack.

I'm really fuckin' dissapointed that I bought the doombringer.
    You're going to be happy you bought it when I'm sniping all of your base assets and everyone not underground with the Beowulf cannon from the other side of the map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

27. Post #3267
    No such thing as overkill.
    January 2007
    7,831 Posts
    As a Tech, I really like friendly Doombringers. When they put up the shields, defending the flag becomes ten times easier since Paths who think they can zip through at 200kph turn into a splat. Anyone who tries to llama grab gets burnt by turrets. And when the other team tries to shoot the shield, I'm there repairing it faster than they can shoot it. Pretty effective, but I'll admit my standpoint really isn't indicative of what it's like to play as a Doom.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #3268
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    I really want to get good at Raider, any tips for using the primary gun outside? Indoor usage is piss but outside it's impossible to hit anything.

29. Post #3269
    I really want to get good at Raider, any tips for using the primary gun outside? Indoor usage is piss but outside it's impossible to hit anything.
    I've played basically nothing but raider and I still can't hit shit outside with the grenade launcher

Just use the SMG or switch to the arx, they both do crazy damage and aren't as hard to aim outside.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

30. Post #3270
    May 2011
    499 Posts
    SMG does fairly high DPS, is easy to aim, and can hit people in the air easily. There isn't much use to dumping effort into airshots with the arx/GL.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #3271
    Stardust crusader
    March 2009
    2,849 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #3272
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    As a Tech, I really like friendly Doombringers. When they put up the shields, defending the flag becomes ten times easier since Paths who think they can zip through at 200kph turn into a splat. Anyone who tries to llama grab gets burnt by turrets. And when the other team tries to shoot the shield, I'm there repairing it faster than they can shoot it. Pretty effective, but I'll admit my standpoint really isn't indicative of what it's like to play as a Doom.
    As a Tech, I concur. The only thing more annoying than not having a Doombringer on your team is having a Doombringer that WILL NOT FUCKING PUT UP A FORCEFIELD OR HOF GOD FUCKING FUCK :ALSNF:LSHDFOIWHEM:FOHUWE

sorry

Edited:

hey can i borrow $30 on paypal so i can pre-order the game

i'd do it myself but i have to wait 2-3 business days for paypal to verify my bank account

i will pay you back
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

33. Post #3273
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    398 Posts
    I'd rake those sandbags, if ya know what I mean.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #3274
    April 2010
    1,780 Posts
    Did my first real "quick" capture, and then I lose connection to the server.
    D:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #3275
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,648 Posts
    If you like sitting your ass at the flag stand all round, yes.
    bolt launcher and mines, ultimate fucking base defender and is also awesome and keeping a generator down due to the mines.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

36. Post #3276
    September 2007
    3,864 Posts
    Juggernaut is the greatest. Went on a 10 game win streak just camping generator rooms and getting stupid easy kills. Somehow I'm a pay2win faggot cause I use the default kit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #3277
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,136 Posts
    Juggernaut is the greatest. Went on a 10 game win streak just camping generator rooms and getting stupid easy kills. Somehow I'm a pay2win faggot cause I use the default kit
    welcome to the band of juggerbros
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #3278
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,604 Posts
    I got a pay2win accusation on my completely stock Brute kit. Terrible pathfinder who kept coming in at <150 sanics and getting one shot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #3279
    Hi.
    July 2011
    4,336 Posts
    I pay to win.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 7Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #3280
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,136 Posts
    I pay to win.
    me too

we are true winners
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 3Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)