1. Post #321
    December 2009
    8,851 Posts
    So I have only played ctf. Is death match any good? I don't see a real reason to try to take out the generator in it and it wouldn't it make most defense classes useless?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #322
    ktr
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    303 Posts
    So I have only played ctf. Is death match any good? I don't see a real reason to try to take out the generator in it and it wouldn't it make most defense classes useless?
    Best answer I can give you is to try TDM for yourself (once the servers are back up).

3. Post #323
    April 2011
    1,388 Posts
    -snip cause i'm late as shit-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

4. Post #324
    May 2011
    1,915 Posts
    Welp, I just got my key after a quick Google search. How is this game? Any good tips for a new player?

5. Post #325
    Rude member.
    August 2010
    4,783 Posts
    Welp, I just got my key after a quick Google search. How is this game? Any good tips for a new player?
    Go fast, spam VGS and most of all, have fun. There's not really a wrong way of playing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

6. Post #326
    fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart
    Dennab
    November 2007
    7,838 Posts
    hi facepunch i need some help

i guess i'm having some kind of graphics issue, when i start up the game and login, i can't even see my mouse cursor or the dudes on the main menu

when i started a training game, it looked like there were no visible textures at all - everything totally black, except for the dim colors of the lighting and outlines of mountains

has this happened to anyone else or is this just that one issue that has only happened to me and therefore everybody's gonna ignore this

</3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #327
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,855 Posts
    Can't wait until I get my new GPU so I can play this.

8. Post #328
    I DRAW SEALS
    March 2009
    6,090 Posts
    hi facepunch i need some help

i guess i'm having some kind of graphics issue, when i start up the game and login, i can't even see my mouse cursor or the dudes on the main menu

when i started a training game, it looked like there were no visible textures at all - everything totally black, except for the dim colors of the lighting and outlines of mountains

has this happened to anyone else or is this just that one issue that has only happened to me and therefore everybody's gonna ignore this

</3
    edit:

Nevermind. Found a solution myself.

http://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/284

Thanks guys. Thanks.

9. Post #329
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,552 Posts
    Servers are back up.

The launcher shows it as offline, just press F10, then play. You should be able to launch and log in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

10. Post #330
    February 2010
    1,185 Posts
    So did anyone else lose their characters with the update? I unlocked Brute, Ranger, Technition, but now they are all locked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

11. Post #331
    December 2009
    8,851 Posts
    So did anyone else lose their characters with the update? I unlocked Brute, Ranger, Technition, but now they are all locked.
    They refunded you (and everyone else) so that way you would have a fresh start.

12. Post #332
    February 2010
    1,185 Posts
    They refunded you (and everyone else) so that way you would have a fresh start.
    Oh I see, cool thanks.

13. Post #333
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    3,121 Posts
    Joined a game earlier and unfortunately joined the team that was 0 to their 4 in ctf. We won 5 - 4 and I got 4 flag defenses and 2 caps holla~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

14. Post #334
    Stardust crusader
    March 2009
    2,864 Posts
    Holy fuck, TDM, enemy team had two more lives, I flick my mouse and shoot my Thumper as I see the flag carrier jetpack by me.
    Direct fucking hit, wins us the match.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

15. Post #335
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    2,088 Posts
    edit:

Thanks guys. Thanks.
    Yeah, you have to open the utility and then validate/repair. It's taking me forever to repair.

16. Post #336
    fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart
    Dennab
    November 2007
    7,838 Posts
    edit:

Thanks guys. Thanks.
    whoops, forgot about my post here after i went and looked up the answer

thanks anyway though, i'll keep that in mind when someone else asks it

so, what's GOTTAGOFAST in the secret code input do?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

17. Post #337
    November 2010
    170 Posts
    so I finally got into the game and everything is black but the menu items and HUD. how do I fix this?

also the sky is dark grey so I can look up and see the silhouette of my gun, but everything else is black.

18. Post #338
    Dennab
    November 2007
    7,838 Posts
    so I finally got into the game and everything is black but the menu items and HUD. how do I fix this?

also the sky is dark grey so I can look up and see the silhouette of my gun, but everything else is black.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

19. Post #339
    June 2010
    1,813 Posts
    so, what's GOTTAGOFAST in the secret code input do?
    It changes the km/h measurement to SANICS

Edited:

Fractal spam + Safety Third and the Heavy Spinfusor.

I'm more interested in that guy who went 2861 km/h...

20. Post #340
    June 2008
    1,066 Posts
    Is 214000 XP a lot now? I haven't played in a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

21. Post #341
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,532 Posts
    Is 214000 XP a lot now? I haven't played in a while.
    214000xp will net you pretty much all the upgrades for every class, AFAIK.
    Most of the guns are ~70k XP, and I think the classes are about the same.

Edited:

I'm more interested in that guy who went 2861 km/h...
    I've had a couple games where that shows up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

22. Post #342
    November 2010
    170 Posts
    thanks kinglah, repairing now...

done. loving this game.

23. Post #343
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    1,719 Posts
    42000 XP for a weapon. You earn about 200 XP per match. 210 matches just for a weapon seems a bit much...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

24. Post #344
    September 2008
    1,104 Posts
    That feeling when you cap the game winning flag while at 20hp the whole time.

VGTG
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

25. Post #345
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,581 Posts
    The game wont accept my name. It just says "Name not allowed" when I put it in, even though it's only letters and a space. Even when I removed the space it still happens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

26. Post #346
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,626 Posts
    The game wont accept my name. It just says "Name not allowed" when I put it in, even though it's only letters and a space. Even when I removed the space it still happens.
    Are you using "Janus Vesta" as a name? Many games/forums have a system to block out cuss words and maybe it's picking up the "anus" in "Janus"??

I dunno.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #347
    July 2010
    3,900 Posts
    42000 XP for a weapon. You earn about 200 XP per match. 210 matches just for a weapon seems a bit much...
    I usually get ~1000 on a good round and ~300-500 on rounds where I either have a hard time capping and/or killing people. I'm pretty sure they increased the amount of XP gained.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

28. Post #348
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,581 Posts
    Are you using "Janus Vesta" as a name? Many games/forums have a system to block out cuss words and maybe it's picking up the "anus" in "Janus"??

I dunno.
    Yeah, I thought that, but when I tried my alt name (which I need because of the 'anus' thing) it still rejected my name.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #349
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    11,461 Posts
    I usually get ~1000 on a good round and ~300-500 on rounds where I either have a hard time capping and/or killing people. I'm pretty sure they increased the amount of XP gained.
    Even at 1000, 42 rounds for one weapon is pretty bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #350
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,626 Posts
    and if you use Tribes Gold to buy weapons its $10 a weapon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #351
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    God damn. I love going fast.

I'm getting REAL good at pathfinder. I dumped all my xp into him. Soon as I can, I'm unlocking the +1 grenade perk.

Light Spinfuser
    Shotgun
    Recharge Pack
    Concussion Grenades
    +10 Energy Perk(Swaped soon)
    +Energy on AoE Damage

Use the grenades to GO REALLY FAST. Its much better than the boost in my opinion, You sacrifice <=300 HP, get +40 to 80 Sanics and get an energy recharge from it. A well place one can send you really high up if needed, like reaching the flag at an odd angle.

Using them to boost, you can keep some in reserve to catch other flag carriers, and its really easy by tossing 2 nades on the ground and hitting 220, using the other on him.

The shotgun is really good if you can aim in close quarters, I take down heavy classes in 3-5 shots with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #352
    Stardust crusader
    March 2009
    2,864 Posts
    I found Perfumly. Don't have screenshots though ;_;
    I have to buy gold now and give all my money to him.

33. Post #353
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,552 Posts

I'm getting REAL good at pathfinder. I dumped all my xp into him. Soon as I can, I'm unlocking the +1 grenade perk.

Light Spinfuser
    Shotgun
    Recharge Pack
    Concussion Grenades
    +Energy on AoE Damage

Use the grenades to GO REALLY FAST. Its much better than the boost in my opinion, You sacrifice <=300 HP, get +40 to 80 Sanics and get an energy recharge from it. A well place one can send you really high up if needed, like reaching the flag at an odd angle.

Using them to boost, you can keep some in reserve to catch other flag carriers, and its really easy by tossing 2 nades on the ground and hitting 220, using the other on him.

The shotgun is really good if you can aim in close quarters, I take down heavy classes in 3-5 shots with it.
    If you can learn to use the bolt launcher, it's even better. Also you can get pretty fast with the boost, then use the nitrons to get to 250+
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #354
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    1,719 Posts
    And that doesn't include secondary weapons, weapon upgrades, perks, packs, armor upgrades which cost anywhere between 1000 XP and 12000 XP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

35. Post #355

Light Spinfuser
    Shotgun
    Recharge Pack
    Concussion Grenades
    +Energy on AoE Damage

Bolt launcher > Spinfuser IMO
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #356
    rrerr~
    January 2009
    3,464 Posts
    I still can't get over the fact that they put in a cheat code to change KM/H to SANICS.

Makes me love the game even more.

This is the first time I've played a Tribes game, it reminds me of Halo for some reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #357
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    1,719 Posts
    Oh wait I was wrong. A lot of (maybe all?) the new weapons cost 170,000 XP. Why the fuck do you need to play 170 matches just to unlock a gun. I thought the grind for tokens was bad, but this is even worse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #358
    ONION
    April 2005
    1,630 Posts
    Have some keys friends.

A2291-6BE8A-563F4-4D69B-661F3
    A220A-1D1F0-065F4-8968F-179D2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #359
    I'm so Jewish you can suck my nuts.
    Dennab
    April 2009
    9,441 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events Late Late x 3 (list)

40. Post #360
    December 2007
    2,827 Posts
    Oh cool, It's not like I've seen this video on FP sixty billion times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)