1. Post #521
    July 2010
    4,096 Posts
    With the D6 farming technique discussed yesterday, it's actually possible if you are very very patient.
    well yeah but not all of us have the d6

i just got money=power though, also picked up the wafer along the way
    saved my ass in the womb!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #522
    So Amazing
    December 2006
    1,779 Posts
    All I'm missing is Mama's Boy and no matter how hard I try I can't do it arghhh

For some reason it already gave me Golden God.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #523
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,734 Posts
    YES YES YES!

First Satan kill!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

4. Post #524
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,521 Posts
    Can't wait till the new expansion comes out. I need a good reason to Play this game again seeing I already got it 100% cleared.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

5. Post #525
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    All I'm missing is Mama's Boy and no matter how hard I try I can't do it arghhh

For some reason it already gave me Golden God.
    Since christmas, the golden god can be obtained by collecting every item but one and the additional coal from crampus. Still, you are going to need this for the platinum god achievement which will be added in "wrath of the lamb"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Turkey Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

6. Post #526
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,579 Posts
    Fuck yeah, just got the last "no damage" achievement I needed, Dark Boy. I'm waiting for Edmund to add a no damage run for Sheol so I can finally have an achievement to prove that I've done it so I can show my friends

Also, on the final shop I visited, I was expecting to run into Greed. Instead I found a Quarter in there.

Rest assured, I bought myself some more money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

7. Post #527
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts
    my god this game is fucked up.

i got an upgrade that was a coathanger sticking out of my head. that's some heavy shit implied right there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events

8. Post #528
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,734 Posts

i got an upgrade that was a coathanger sticking out of my head. that's some heavy shit implied right there
    You haven't seen everything yet...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

9. Post #529
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    26,093 Posts

Oh boy, that's nothing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

10. Post #530
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,734 Posts
    Oh god, did that one simple black fly just turn into one of those flies that shoot?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

11. Post #531
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts
    i just love how fucked up this game is.

same with limbo. the fucked upness alone makes the game worth it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events

12. Post #532
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,365 Posts
    Why yes indeed; there's plenty of items and things that help tell the story of Isaac's trials and tribulations prior to his "dark descent" into the basement. Like the HP-Up items being rather unsavoury things that likely comprised Isaac's diet, or the Wooden Spoon that increases his speed with implications of him running from the "punishment". You know it's fucked-up at the first glance; you ain't seen NOTHING until you think of the meanings behind the items. Then it becomes a case of fridge horror that makes that week-old curry look like a cartoonish Hallowen decoration.

Another example is how some of the Range-Up items seem to have a theme of secret shame, like Mom's Lipstick and Heels for instance. Quite a cool form of storytelling if you ask me; telling the story visually and using Fridge Horror to slowly realise that Isaac has had a horrible horrible life even BEFORE jumping into the Basement.

Also, does anyone know what the alternate chapters are?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

13. Post #533
    June 2010
    505 Posts
    On the 5th first run and the first successful run with ??? I got Brimstone and a shitload of Soul Hearts.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

14. Post #534
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,042 Posts
    Oh god, did that one simple black fly just turn into one of those flies that shoot?
    If a black fly hovers around a pile of poop for so long, it turns into a shooting fly that has the same hp as the black fly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 9Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #535
    September 2009
    3,728 Posts
    If a black fly hovers around a pile of poop for so long, it turns into a shooting fly that has the same hp as the black fly.
    I didn't even know that man
    im gonna test this shit out with ??? brb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

16. Post #536
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,579 Posts
    Why yes indeed; there's plenty of items and things that help tell the story of Isaac's trials and tribulations prior to his "dark descent" into the basement. Like the HP-Up items being rather unsavoury things that likely comprised Isaac's diet, or the Wooden Spoon that increases his speed with implications of him running from the "punishment". You know it's fucked-up at the first glance; you ain't seen NOTHING until you think of the meanings behind the items. Then it becomes a case of fridge horror that makes that week-old curry look like a cartoonish Hallowen decoration.

Another example is how some of the Range-Up items seem to have a theme of secret shame, like Mom's Lipstick and Heels for instance. Quite a cool form of storytelling if you ask me; telling the story visually and using Fridge Horror to slowly realise that Isaac has had a horrible horrible life even BEFORE jumping into the Basement.
    According to one of the chapter preludes, his Mom is actually the one who gave him a wig as a present. Hinting that she actually wanted a girl all along and has made Isaac crossdress, regardless of his peers' ridicule. The Wooden Spoon and Belt are old-school forms of punishment, as such he would run faster to avoid it. The food-based HP ups are all spoiled or dogfood (one of them is even served in Max's bowl, but Isaac later finds that his dog was decapitated).

Isaac's life is a tragedy in itself, a wonder he hasn't attempted suicide before his mother locked him in his room, although the ending in Sheol combined with one of the chapter preludes and Blue Baby's existence shows that he decided to suffocate himself.

Still, I'm looking forward to the expansion. I'm curious to see what Edmund has come up with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

17. Post #537
    Max
    Ikuu~
    May 2009
    14,870 Posts
    Didn't Edmund say that Isaac is basically doomed? As in, it doesn't matter what he does, he'll die anyway.
    Either by Mom, the basement or he'll commit suicide in the chest?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #538
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,579 Posts
    Didn't Edmund say that Isaac is basically doomed? As in, it doesn't matter what he does, he'll die anyway.
    Either by Mom, the basement or he'll commit suicide in the chest?
    I think it was on his Twitter, he said that there was basically nothing that could save Isaac.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #539
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    5,123 Posts
    Made it to sheol for the first time

Fuck you Satan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #540
    Max
    Ikuu~
    May 2009
    14,870 Posts
    that's the fallen though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #541
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    5,123 Posts
    No, I killed the fallen before I got here, it seems Satan spawned them?
    or he's the fallen here, idk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events

22. Post #542
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    26,093 Posts
    Yes, Satan's first battle phase is spawning The Fallen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #543

May 2011
    1,095 Posts
    that's the fallen though
    I can tell you've never fought Satan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #544
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,579 Posts
    I can tell you've never fought Satan.
    I can tell that you're the one who has not.

That's the Fallen, as evidenced by the image. Satan's drawing on the death screen is much larger and more menacing. It actually exceeds the size of the rectangle that is there to contain the picture of what killed Isaac.

As said earlier, Satan's first phase of the fight isn't with him at all: he spawns the Fallen and 2 exploding leeches.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #545
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,734 Posts
    As said earlier, Satan's first phase of the fight isn't with him at all: he spawns the Fallen and 2 exploding leeches.
    But that's what he implied?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #546
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,365 Posts
    Isaac's life is a tragedy in itself, a wonder he hasn't attempted suicide before his mother locked him in his room, although the ending in Sheol combined with one of the chapter preludes and Blue Baby's existence shows that he decided to suffocate himself.
    The item Transcendance also seems to allude to this, since it's essentially a noose that makes him float (they all float down there). Not to mention that the cinematic in which Transcendance is unlocked ends with Isaac hanging himself.

I remember from a screenshot that one of the new chapters, likely alternate, that the area was kind of like wooden planks. Dunno what name it has, but it might be an alternate Chapter 2-3, since the Alternate final stage may probably be more fucked-up than the Womb.

Also would it even be possible for Ed McMillen to top the fucked-up nature of Binding of Isaac with his next project?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #547
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,037 Posts
    "No item run"

No items of powerups spawn.
    Blue baby only.
    Hi there.

http://facepunch.com/threads/1128659...1#post32823751

Kbye.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #548
    Max
    Ikuu~
    May 2009
    14,870 Posts
    no satan fight
    not impressed

kbye
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

29. Post #549

May 2011
    1,095 Posts
    I can tell that you're the one who has not.

That's the Fallen, as evidenced by the image. Satan's drawing on the death screen is much larger and more menacing. It actually exceeds the size of the rectangle that is there to contain the picture of what killed Isaac.

That's part of the Satan fight, most people actually consider it stage 1 of 3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #550
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,579 Posts
    The item Transcendance also seems to allude to this, since it's essentially a noose that makes him float (they all float down there). Not to mention that the cinematic in which Transcendance is unlocked ends with Isaac hanging himself.

I remember from a screenshot that one of the new chapters, likely alternate, that the area was kind of like wooden planks. Dunno what name it has, but it might be an alternate Chapter 2-3, since the Alternate final stage may probably be more fucked-up than the Womb.

Also would it even be possible for Ed McMillen to top the fucked-up nature of Binding of Isaac with his next project?
    The one with the floorboards is the Cellar and is an alternate to the Basement. The theme of the Cellar is spider-based enemies.

Gonna be a fun playthrough for those with arachnophobia.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #551
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,365 Posts
    Huh, upon retrospect it does seem like the levels have specific themes. Obviously the Womb has a very organic theme, and the Cellar is allegedly spidery, but what are the themes of the other levels?

Also, do you think the developer's going to make it so that the Spider enemies attack the fly enemies, since spiders eat flies in nature?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

32. Post #552
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,579 Posts
    Huh, upon retrospect it does seem like the levels have specific themes. Obviously the Womb has a very organic theme, and the Cellar is allegedly spidery, but what are the themes of the other levels?

Also, do you think the developer's going to make it so that the Spider enemies attack the fly enemies, since spiders eat flies in nature?
    So far he's not revealed any other information about the other stages and their themes other than the final area being "light side" to contrast the darkness of Sheol.

I would personally like to see some of the enemy AI to interact with one another, even if non-damaging. I have fond memories of playing the Spyro the Dragon trilogy on the Playstation and seeing enemies beating the crap out of one another in the distance and then they turn their focus on the player when they get close. It gives them some more personality.

Granted, this is a per-room based game, so enemies doing that at range is impossible without them already being visible to the player.

I could imagine there being a spider-based enemies that destroys poops and fires, like like the spiders from Centipede that destroyed the mushrooms. We already have Larry Jr., why not add more of the Centipede cast? vv
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

33. Post #553
    July 2010
    4,096 Posts
    -SNIP JUSTINTV DOESN'T WORK FOR GAMING FUCK IT-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

34. Post #554
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    The basement makes it look like you're not the first kid to go down there. Most of the enemies there look like you.

Except they're all dead/aborted
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Turkey Show Events

35. Post #555
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,579 Posts
    The basement makes it look like you're not the first kid to go down there. Most of the enemies there look like you.

Except they're all dead/aborted
    Edmund has hinted that all of the human-like enemies are really Isaac.

Consider what was discussed earlier and also hinted by Edmund, that the events in the basement are mere fantasy, and it makes more sense that most that Isaac is "fighting" is himself or projections of what haunts him. A rather traumatic hallucination before he is killed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

36. Post #556
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,365 Posts
    So far he's not revealed any other information about the other stages and their themes other than the final area being "light side" to contrast the darkness of Sheol.
    A "light-side" alternate final chapter, eh? Sounds like once Isaac reaches that stage he'll be ready to rage against the heavens for what God did to him (whispering stuff to Mom that wrecked Isaac's life), and thus the "angels" would tremble before the Wrath of the Lamb.

The notion of the Wrath of the Lamb, and the possibility that Isaac is the Lamb (he was gonna be sacrificed by Mom, after all), kinda gives off vibes of Isaac getting even like how Kratos did. That'd actually be cool, to see Isaac rip God's head off with Kratos' war paint on him, eyes ablaze with rage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

37. Post #557
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,579 Posts
    A "light-side" alternate final chapter, eh? Sounds like once Isaac reaches that stage he'll be ready to rage against the heavens for what God did to him (whispering stuff to Mom that wrecked Isaac's life), and thus the "angels" would tremble before the Wrath of the Lamb.

The notion of the Wrath of the Lamb, and the possibility that Isaac is the Lamb (he was gonna be sacrificed by Mom, after all), kinda gives off vibes of Isaac getting even like how Kratos did. That'd actually be cool, to see Isaac rip God's head off with Kratos' war paint on him, eyes ablaze with rage.
    Fairly certain that Edmund said the final boss of the expansion will not be God.

I'm still looking forward to it, he said that it's going to be more challenging than the Satan fight, which is good since I can clear Sheol without taking a single hit, it's hardly a challenge to me anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #558

May 2011
    1,095 Posts
    Fairly certain that Edmund said the final boss of the expansion will not be God.

I'm still looking forward to it, he said that it's going to be more challenging than the Satan fight, which is good since I can clear Sheol without taking a single hit, it's hardly a challenge to me anymore.
    100% certain the final boss isn't God, Edmund's been asked like 5 times and always gave a strong no.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

39. Post #559
    Max
    Ikuu~
    May 2009
    14,870 Posts
    I pretty sure Edmund said that the game wouldn't be any longer, and that Sheol would be the last level.
    I'm not sure about the last part though, an alternative to Sheol is possible.

He didn't want to make it longer because he thought that 30-45 minutes of gameplay each playtrough was enough.

All of this is based on what he said in NorthernLions interview.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

40. Post #560
    August 2009
    4,246 Posts
    I always thought mom wasn't hearing god, she was just batshit fucking insane and hearing voices.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)