1. Post #601
    July 2010
    4,096 Posts
    Mom's contact is annoying to unlock because it's all luck based instead of being based on an event that you can manipulate (such as visiting the arcade or donating blood). You need to collect Mom's Eye and a couple of Mom's items in the same playthrough. Mom's eye is the one that lets you shoot backwards at random. Things like mom's panties and heels will suffice for the rest, I do not think her bra or pad will count for that one.

I got lucky and unlocked it on my very first run
    bra did it for me

Edited:

it's the eye and one other "mom's" item
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #602
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,025 Posts
    Mom's contact is annoying to unlock because it's all luck based instead of being based on an event that you can manipulate (such as visiting the arcade or donating blood). You need to collect Mom's Eye and a couple of Mom's items in the same playthrough. Mom's eye is the one that lets you shoot backwards at random. Things like mom's panties and heels will suffice for the rest, I do not think her bra or pad will count for that one.

I got lucky and unlocked it on my very first run
    Yeah, I see billions of mom items in everysingle run I get, but as soon as I get the eye, "NOPE U CNAT HAV LOL". Her knife and bra do not count, already tried those two.

3. Post #603
    January 2012
    28 Posts
    you mean treasure room?
    on your map it says you hadn't found the secret room.
    I mean, gluttony dropped the heart, item room had mushroom boss dropped lunch

4. Post #604
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,714 Posts
    I fought The Fallen in Caves 1, but he split up in 4 forms, rather than the usual 2. He wasn't colored as far as I could tell, so I'm assuming it's a bug or glitch of some sort.

Needless to say I died there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #605
    January 2012
    28 Posts
    ran into krampus in my maggy run, beat him, got coal, hell yeah

6. Post #606
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    26,012 Posts
    I fought The Fallen in Caves 1, but he split up in 4 forms, rather than the usual 2. He wasn't colored as far as I could tell, so I'm assuming it's a bug or glitch of some sort.

Needless to say I died there.
    The Fallen can indeed split into 4 rather than two, I think it's just chance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 2 (list)

7. Post #607
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    18,935 Posts
    So I got the Whore Of Babylon upgrade while playing as ??? during my last run.

...Holy shit.
    I assume since you had no real hearts (red health under half-a-heart), you were in Curse Demon mode for the entire time you had the curse?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #608
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,483 Posts
    I assume since you had no real hearts (red health under half-a-heart), you were in Curse Demon mode for the entire time you had the curse?
    Yeah, that's how it works. It's amazing, too. Shame it's relatively rare.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #609
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,878 Posts
    Man I really want to encounter that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

10. Post #610
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    That never happened to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

11. Post #611
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    26,012 Posts
    That never happened to me.
    It's only happened to me once over my whole playthrough, but it's definitely possible.
    I can't find any videos or pictures, but the Isaac Wiki states it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

12. Post #612
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,878 Posts
    Meh, the Isaac Wiki also states that the other you kill Steve affects what power-up you get, which is total shit.

13. Post #613
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    Meh, the Isaac Wiki also states that the other you kill Steve affects what power-up you get, which is total shit.
    It's actually true, but not entirely, it just makes it possible to get.

Let's me explain it better:
    If you kill Big Steve first: You can only get the Little Steve item.
    If you kill Little Steve first: You can get Little Steve or Steven (I think it's 50% each).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

14. Post #614
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,878 Posts
    It's actually true, but not entirely, it just makes it possible to get.

Let's me explain it better:
    If you kill Big Steve first: You can only get the Little Steve item.
    If you kill Little Steve first: You can get Little Steve or Steven (I think it's 50% each).
    Yeah that makes more sense. Last i checked the wiki said you WILL get steven if you kill the little guy first, no mention of chance.

15. Post #615
    January 2012
    28 Posts
    random question: are bombs fired by fetus in a jar affected by spoon bender?

16. Post #616
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,714 Posts
    random question: are bombs fired by fetus in a jar affected by spoon bender?
    They are. At least using the Magician tarot card does, so I assume spoon bender works as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

17. Post #617
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,025 Posts
    They are. At least using the Magician tarot card does, so I assume spoon bender works as well.
    So if you had Spoon Bender and Bobby Bomb (I think that's the one that homes, I dunno) would it home in faster? Or... just home?

18. Post #618
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    So if you had Spoon Bender and Bobby Bomb (I think that's the one that homes, I dunno) would it home in faster? Or... just home?
    Or maybe the magician tarot card does spoon bender and bobby bomb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Turkey Show Events

19. Post #619
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    1,774 Posts
    Blue baby run. Items in order I got them:

Pentagram
    Chocalate Milk
    The Nail
    Brimstone
    The Curse
    Moms Knife

That is how we get it done in my town.

Edit:

Moms foot killed in 3/4 hits :V
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #620
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,950 Posts
    I hate Eve, I've never had a good run with her.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #621
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,512 Posts
    It's weird cause I never really had a problem playing with her.

This is how I played Eve
    If I got an attack upgrade within Basement 1-2 I kept going.
    If I didin't I resetted till I did.

That's all you need to do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

22. Post #622
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,025 Posts
    The only good run I've had with her is the one I beat sheol with, as I mentioned in an above post. That is the only even decent run I've had with her.

Edited:

Just an FYI, guys, if you have a familiar that you haven't found and you need to for Golden God, The Monster Manual does not count towards you finding it. I had demon baby with it in one room, but I have yet to actually find it on a pedestal, and it shows up as the question mark in my collection. Just thought I'd let you all know
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #623
    September 2008
    703 Posts
    Debating buying either Binding of Isaac or Skyrim after I get rid of my Humble Bundle Guilt.

(HIB Guilt = The process in which an individual buys a bundle and mistakenly neglects the games and feels like shit for not playing them.)

24. Post #624
    August 2009
    932 Posts
    Debating buying either Binding of Isaac or Skyrim after I get rid of my Humble Bundle Guilt.

(HIB Guilt = The process in which an individual buys a bundle and mistakenly neglects the games and feels like shit for not playing them.)
    BoI. No, really.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

25. Post #625
    DYRUS BONER
    June 2010
    4,383 Posts

Isaac is $5, Skyrim is $60.
    Buy both dude.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

26. Post #626
    September 2011
    1,544 Posts

Get BoI and Oblivion.

27. Post #627
    September 2008
    703 Posts
    BoI actually disturbs me a little bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #628
    February 2010
    2,750 Posts
    BoI actually disturbs me a little bit.
    What, running from your deranged homicidal mother in a basement dungeon as a naked little boy while pissing on other mutant babies and globs of flesh is too much for you?

Wuss.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #629
    ~ pissing excellence ~
    May 2005
    2,833 Posts
    At first glance I thought "holy shit this game is awesome look at all that disturbing shit on it!" but now I got used to it, let's see what edmund threw in the game with wotl. Can't fucking wait for it hnng
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

30. Post #630
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    18,935 Posts
    Apparently the Cellar's gonna have an emphasis on spiders, at least in terms of the enemies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #631
    August 2009
    4,233 Posts
    that means the cellar mom is going to have eight legs that all stomp down at once.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

32. Post #632
    Max
    Ikuu~
    May 2009
    14,672 Posts
    mom is in depths/womb, not cellar.
    the    quadrapod looking boss    is probably the spider theme boss.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

33. Post #633
    ~ pissing excellence ~
    May 2005
    2,833 Posts
    He seems to be hard as fuck compared to other cellar bosses, just saying. Though Gurdy is enormous too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

34. Post #634
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,489 Posts
    Considering the name of the boss is called "Daddy Long Legs", it's kind of a given that it's based on the arachnid of the same name.

Fun fact: The term "Daddy Long Legs" actually refers to creatures of the Pholcidae species, which are also called Cellar Spiders.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #635
    July 2010
    4,305 Posts
    Considering the name of the boss is called "Daddy Long Legs", it's kind of a given that it's based on the arachnid of the same name.

Fun fact: The term "Daddy Long Legs" actually refers to creatures of the Pholcidae species, which are also called Cellar Spiders.
    Y'know, the more I hear, the more i think Issacs mom is just a terrible person. I mean, trying to kill her kid is one thing, but neglecting her house cleaning to the point where she has an isolated species of giant spider in her celler and mutants in her basement is just too far.

And i'm not even going to start on the state her womb is in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #636
    Person
    June 2008
    5,578 Posts
    Y'know, the more I hear, the more i think Issacs mom is just a terrible person. I mean, trying to kill her kid is one thing, but neglecting her house cleaning to the point where she has an isolated species of giant spider in her celler and mutants in her basement is just too far.

And i'm not even going to start on the state her womb is in.
    "You're killing your kid? Oka--HOLY SHIT IS THAT DIRT?!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

37. Post #637
    Max
    Ikuu~
    May 2009
    14,672 Posts
    Mom must have a pretty fascinating physiology, I mean, her heart is located within her womb, and within her womb are eyes, guts and brains.

Oh and a portal to hell/sheol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

38. Post #638
    August 2009
    4,233 Posts
    I assume that mom is just a ball of mixed guys with fake skin stretched over it

Edited:

guts not guys fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

39. Post #639
    Mom must have a pretty fascinating physiology, I mean, her heart is located within her womb, and within her womb are eyes, guts and brains.

Oh and a portal to hell/sheol.
    Not to mention 2 eyes appearing on opposite sides fo the room in the Depths 2 fight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

40. Post #640
    December 2009
    1,512 Posts
    I don't know if I should get this game or not, I know it's $5 but still.
    For all those who read this vote me if you think I should get it.
    I just want to know if theres a good number of people who really like this game.

Edited:

2 dumb rating settles it, I'm buying it. :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 18 (list)