January 2011
    255 Posts

Hooray
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #2842
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,687 Posts
    What does Brimstone and Tech 2 do combined? I remember someone mentioning it earlier.

Was it good or bad?
    If you pick up Brimstone AFTER you already have Tech 2, it won't fire the Brimstone beam, but rather when you charge up and release the shot it will fire a thin laser that pierces enemies and goes through rocks, and it fires continuously and deals INSANE damage, killing many bosses before they even have a chance to move.
    Unless they patched it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #2843
    April 2011
    756 Posts
    I just got to mom with one container heart left, I managed to manipulate her fooot to break a tinted rock and get two soul hearts, and proceeded to beat her and the whole game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

4. Post #2844
    January 2008
    113 Posts
    Just got 1 of my best builds ever, damage is on par, if not better than epic fetus

Shortly after I also got dead dove and 3 dollar bill.

First item I got was Polyphemus followed by mom's eye which proved to be really powerfull combined with getting the rock from the first tinted rock I blew up,
    also got pyro in my first secret room so I could enter both secret rooms on every floor

Found epic fetus after that but its no fun so re-rolled it for the spider that makes you shoot slowing shots.

In caves 2 I got sacred heart from the god room, and on depths 1 I managed to get tooth shoot, tooth shoot was 1 shotting most bosses.

I also got several tear up effects, in particular both number one and sad onion from a golden chest, but the attack speed maxed out at sligtly above what most of the characters start at

Also the reason my health is so low on the image is because I used the habit + the curse room to constantly re-roll the item in there, but it kept re-rolling to prayer card, which I didnt want at the moment, luckely after clearing out depths 2 I went back to it and tried 1 more re-roll, getting the dead dove
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

5. Post #2845
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,750 Posts
    Uh

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #2846
    November 2007
    1,064 Posts
    Ipecac is the best item in the game once you learn how NOT to kill yourself with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 11Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #2847
    January 2012
    333 Posts
    Ipecac is the best item in the game once you learn how NOT to kill yourself with it.
    It's a fetus in a jar that hits when it wants to. And whoever it wants to. I personally don't see how it's better than it, or epic fetus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Serbia Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

8. Post #2848
    March 2010
    947 Posts
    There are items in the game where killing yourself is not even an option anymore, much less an accident. While it is possible to kill fast enemies in the game by using the wall as an early detonation, it's not worth the risk in the end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #2849
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    15,942 Posts
    Holy shit

They have eyes!!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Croatia Show Events Informative Informative x 19Late Late x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #2850
    Memento audere semper- audaces fortuna iuvat.
    February 2010
    8,164 Posts
    I have never gotten anything good out of red chests. Even when I do, it's not worth it losing those few hearts.
    I often get The Pact and I once got Lord of the Pit too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #2851
    January 2012
    333 Posts
    I often get The Pact and I once got Lord of the Pit too.
    I'll take your word for The Pact, good deal then, must be my bad luck mostly.

However with all the new flying items Lord of the Pit isn't exactly something to be gasping over.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Serbia Show Events

12. Post #2852
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,287 Posts

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

;_;
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #2853
    December 2009
    451 Posts
    I just kind of broke the game in a weird way. I was playing the Large Marge challenge, and found a Forget-Me-Now on floor one. Popped it once I was finished with the floor, and ended up in Catacombs 1. Still generated as a giant level. After I beat that, the between-level animation thing said I was going to Catacombs 2, then locked up for a little while and sent me to Depths 1, again generated as a giant level. Beat it, neither of the bosses were Mom, and the same thing happened with the animation as last floor. Now I'm in Utero 1 XL.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #2854
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    15,942 Posts
    Seriously, the items are fucked up.
    Haven't seen Max's head(fun"fact": only item that enhances knockback iirc), Money = Power, Number One, Robo-Baby, Rosary, The Sad Onion, Wiggle Worm, Mom's Contacts, The Mark, Loki's Horns, Demon Baby(my favorite familiar qq), Dead Bird, The Common Cold, Blood of the Martyr etc. in ages (aka since the DLC got released)

Goddamn Jesus Juice everywhere
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

15. Post #2855
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,330 Posts
    Has anyone seen ANY item other than mega fetus in a secret room (not the secret secret room) after this last patch (and maybe the one before it, too)? Not counting money. I think the secret room items are broken, because that's all I've seen.

Edited:

Of the last 7 items I've gotten from it, 7 were mega fetus. I think he fucked up the chances of it showing up or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #2856
    Person
    June 2008
    5,743 Posts
    Haven't seen Max's head(fun"fact": only item that enhances knockback iirc), Money = Power, Number One, Robo-Baby, Rosary, The Sad Onion, Wiggle Worm, Mom's Contacts, The Mark, Loki's Horns, Demon Baby(my favorite familiar qq), Dead Bird, The Common Cold, Blood of the Martyr etc. in ages (aka since the DLC got released)

That's really ironic because I just picked up Blood of the Martyr.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

17. Post #2857
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,330 Posts

I've seen money=power, sad onion, wiggle warm, the mark, loki's horns, and common cold. idk it's all luck based what you get, and with more items your chances of seeing something have gone down a bunch. Though I do seem to be getting Wrath items way more than pre-dlc items.

Edited:

mom 2.0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 2 (list)

18. Post #2858
    DYRUS BONER
    June 2010
    4,386 Posts

lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

19. Post #2859
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    2,146 Posts

I find this a tad funny because for some reason in the past few runs I always end up finding Loki's Horns, Wiggle Worm, Common cold and once Max's head in Arena/shops/secret rooms in the basement and cellar.

But yes. Jesus Juice err'where.

20. Post #2860
    Max
    Ikuu~
    May 2009
    15,188 Posts
    I found    ???    a bit easy, so I was planning on fighting him twice using forget me now.

But it put me in sheol

Guess I'm going beat both final bosses in one run here

Edited:

Satan bossfight go!

RIP Satan

So I have beaten both bosses in one run. That's a first for me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 20 (list)

21. Post #2861
    Started a run as Cain.

Walked into first room.

Demon Beggar.

Gave two half hearts.

Given Bloody lust.

I'm already a superior version of Sampson.

Good Job, Edmund.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #2862
    December 2009
    1,518 Posts
    21 deaths, 0 mom kills.
    I fucking suck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 10Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #2863
    March 2010
    947 Posts
    I am NOT getting screwed over this time. I have Epic Fetus, and Mom's Knife is up for grabs. Wat do?

I will wait as long as I need to for an answer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

24. Post #2864
    bora: I saved you from seeing my crazy salami nipples
    November 2007
    1,389 Posts
    So I just finished Sheol for the first time. What an amazing run. Polyphemus, Mutated Spider, Psychic shots, spectral, and then damage, speed, and range almost all maxed. Also found Error room full of HP Up pills. Fought    Satan    going in with at least 9 hearts and a couple of soul hearts.

Also the ending?    Would anyone care to explain it for me?   

25. Post #2865
    March 2010
    947 Posts
    So I just finished Sheol for the first time. What an amazing run. Polyphemus, Mutated Spider, Psychic shots, spectral, and then damage, speed, and range almost all maxed. Also found Error room full of HP Up pills. Fought    Satan    going in with at least 9 hearts and a couple of soul hearts.

Also the ending?    Would anyone care to explain it for me?   
       No Isaac, you are the demons. But really, I'm guessing it is up to personal interpretation. I'm still trying to make sense of it myself   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

26. Post #2866
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,706 Posts
    I am NOT getting screwed over this time. I have Epic Fetus, and Mom's Knife is up for grabs. Wat do?

I will wait as long as I need to for an answer.
    Why don't you just help yourself and go check the binding of Isaac wiki instead of asking here?

It's not like you have no right to ask here, but a lot of people seem to ignore that the wiki has most items and items combination written down and their effects.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

27. Post #2867
    Want an apple?
    October 2010
    2,910 Posts
    21 deaths, 0 mom kills.
    I fucking suck.

Both of them were lucky runs where I ended up beating Mom's Heart.
    You'll get there sometime, just keep trying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #2868
    December 2009
    1,518 Posts

Both of them were lucky runs where I ended up beating Mom's Heart.
    You'll get there sometime, just keep trying.
    Lol, I'm not getting too angry at this. I just blow ass, I love the game though.
    I just wish I can get down to the last basement (Which I have like once and died fast).

29. Post #2869
    March 2010
    947 Posts
    Why don't you just help yourself and go check the binding of Isaac wiki instead of asking here?
    I have, no info on it.

Doesn't matter now. Abandoned mom's knife, and died at the cathedral. Why is the Headless Horseman stronger than the Horsemen of the Apocalypse?
    To be fair, it was the champion version, with a white horse
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #2870
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,779 Posts
    I have, no info on it.

Doesn't matter now. Abandoned mom's knife, and died at the cathedral. Why is the Headless Horseman stronger than the Horsemen of the Apocalypse?
    To be fair, it was the champion version, with a white horse
    Wait, wouldn't that be Conquest?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #2871
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,330 Posts
    No i saw a headless horseman with a white horse once. Was weird. I guess that's the champion version, idk, i didn't see it do anything different.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #2872
    No i saw a headless horseman with a white horse once. Was weird. I guess that's the champion version, idk, i didn't see it do anything different.
    Wouldn't it do a Heart of damage?

And does that mean it has a chance of dropping the White Pony?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

33. Post #2873
    January 2012
    28 Posts
    today I fought a weird recolored widow, almost died to it

34. Post #2874
    July 2010
    313 Posts
    how the fuck do you get the D6? ive beaten the game 3 times as isaac

35. Post #2875
    Since quoting posts on an iPod is a bitch

@DerpV11, that's a Champion Form widow. It functions mostly the same (unless it's more then a color difference, and has a different sprite) and does full hearts of damage instead of half hearts. These versions appear on many, many enemies, and most bosses. They slightly change a bosses patterns and abilities aswell, usually.

@TahHeX, I believe you have to beat Mom's Heart 9 times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

36. Post #2876
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    26,222 Posts
    today I fought a weird recolored widow, almost died to it
    That would probably be The Wretched.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #2877
    December 2009
    1,518 Posts
    OK how many deaths was it until one of you beat mom?
    I'm up to like 22-23 and I still haven't LOL

38. Post #2878
    April 2011
    756 Posts
    I beat mom on my second run. But to be fair I'm not new at all, just lost everything and restarted.

39. Post #2879
    March 2010
    947 Posts
    Wait, wouldn't that be Conquest?

He killed me too quickly to observe any new behavior. Screenshot is from the wiki

Speaking of new bosses, I'm a fucking idiot. I saw a screenshot of a blue version of Pin with X eyes on /v/, and forgot to save it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #2880
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,197 Posts
    I found the D20 in a treasure room today but I was eve and died before I could test it, I did reroll a red heart into a spirit heart though. (On the ground, not my containers)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events