1. Post #921
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,627 Posts
    So who's got some gimmick playthroughs that they want to throw around? I'm feeling like doing another one. I already got "No Treasure Rooms as ???" done earlier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

2. Post #922
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,981 Posts
    So who's got some gimmick playthroughs that they want to throw around? I'm feeling like doing another one. I already got "No Treasure Rooms as ???" done earlier.
    A sadistic one:

Cain without stores and slot machines, only treasure rooms.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events

3. Post #923
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,627 Posts
    A sadistic one:

I'll see how far my luck with blood donation machines, skull games, and beggars go.

Do Devil Rooms count as a store since there's still an exchange going on, just with hearts instead of money? Same applies with the Error Room, there's a chance that some of the items in there need to be purchased.

4. Post #924
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,981 Posts
    I'll see how far my luck with blood donation machines, skull games, and beggars go.

Do Devil Rooms count as a store since there's still an exchange going on, just with hearts instead of money? Same applies with the Error Room, there's a chance that some of the items in there need to be purchased.
    Dont use a single penny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events

5. Post #925
    June 2008
    1,064 Posts
    Anyone know what happened to Edmund McMillen's twitter account?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

6. Post #926
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    26,138 Posts
    Anyone know what happened to Edmund McMillen's twitter account?
    Apparently got hacked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #927
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,156 Posts
    According to his forumspring, he won't be getting it back and he won't make a new twitter. Looks like he's just gonna stick with making announcements from time to time on the team meat twitter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 13Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #928
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,521 Posts
    According to his forumspring, he won't be getting it back and he won't make a new twitter. Looks like he's just gonna stick with making announcements from time to time on the team meat twitter.
    It probably got hacked by some asshole who got pissed about the expansion being delayed till late May.

9. Post #929
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    15,929 Posts
    He got hacked like 1 week before he said it's delayed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #930
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,156 Posts
    Annnnd here we go again

Edited:

This wait will be so much easier once I have this trailer.

Edited:

Also

from 50% to 80%, aw yeahhh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 14Informative Informative x 2 (list)

11. Post #931
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,627 Posts
    Dont use a single penny.
    Done as Cain. Didn't spend a single cent, not even to enter the Arcade so I could raid the blood donation machines

In Caves 2, I get to fight with the Fallen. Pretty early in the game, but I pulled through without a hitch, and I got something incredible:

The rest of the game was a complete steamroll. I even picked up stuff like Liver and Bandage and 1-up.

I had so much goddamn health from the Nail, I recklessly took damage on every room in Sheol so I could milk the Dead Bird for all of its worth, I never once saw my maximum health once I got over 12 total hearts, the Spirit Hearts from the Nail, marked rocks, and Balls of Steel pills were coming way faster than I could get hit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

12. Post #932
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    So by avoiding doing what you are supposed to do with Cain, you got an even better run?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Turkey Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #933
    April 2011
    5,449 Posts
    Apparently the sad looking worm on the left of the teaser poster is called Pin who appears in the cellar(?)
    http://www.formspring.me/EdmundM/q/318150707339335619
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #934
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    15,929 Posts
    Hardest new boss obviously
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #935
    Yoshi Member
    June 2010
    2,281 Posts
    A sadistic one:

I need something to do so i'll try this.

16. Post #936
    Memento audere semper- audaces fortuna iuvat.
    February 2010
    8,107 Posts
    I just beat Satan with Wiggle worm + My Reflection
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

17. Post #937
    July 2009
    4,174 Posts

Just got fetus in a jar and used it to open the secret room which had the book of belial. This run is going to fucking rock.

Also, it's a bit sad that edmund is reducing social media stuff with fans.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #938
    Max
    Ikuu~
    May 2009
    15,005 Posts
    damage-up's don't affect fetus
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #939
    April 2011
    5,449 Posts
    I had a great playthrough one time, I decided to play blue baby since I hadn't won as him yet, found Dr Fetus, and in the womb 2 I found telepills which took me to the I AM ERROR ROOM and Mr Mega.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #940
    August 2009
    4,246 Posts
    if you don't want this little bit of story spoiled for you don't click

the entire game after he goes down into the basement is a figment of isaac's imagination, so those types of things are possible, as is everything else in the game   
    It uh, wasn't-
    nevermind
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

21. Post #941
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    3,118 Posts
    So my girlfriend was playing while we were waiting for Game of Thrones. She spent about at least twenty-five minutes gambling in the arcade. Came in with 60 cents, spent it all. Got a dollar, did it again. This was the result:

She also ended up with a third full health pill. She went to the last few rooms on the map to try getting rid of them and cried when she found more money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #942
    March 2011
    2,251 Posts

Oh boy this will be fun.

Edited:

Edited:

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

23. Post #943
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    26,138 Posts
    I hate how the achievements sometime don't unlock for this game unless you tinker around with the FlashAchievements file.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #944
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,058 Posts
    I hate how the achievements sometime don't unlock for this game unless you tinker around with the FlashAchievements file.
    Actually, I have never had that problem. What exactly happens? You do the event, nothing happens, and then what do you do with the file?

I ask because now that I said I've never had a problem, I'm going to have a problem when I go to play it again   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #945
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    26,138 Posts
    Actually, I have never had that problem. What exactly happens? You do the event, nothing happens, and then what do you do with the file?

I ask because now that I said I've never had a problem, I'm going to have a problem when I go to play it again   
    You do the event, say beat Sheol with Eve and you get the message "Demon Baby has appeared."
    But you don't get the achievement for it.

I always have to go into the Isaac folder, delete FlashAchievements, and then verify cache and then start the game and THEN the achievements unlock.

It's not just me, I've seen a few people with this problem apparently.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

26. Post #946
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    Achievements aren't a big deal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Turkey Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

27. Post #947
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,627 Posts
    I just SAM achievements that I get legit but I am not awarded for doing. Less of a hassle than tinkering with FlashAchievements.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #948
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,156 Posts
    They just take awhile to kick in. I've had to wait a week for them before, but they activated eventually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #949
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,627 Posts
    Plowing through the game with Brimstone + Pentagram when I came across a tarot card in the second to last room.

This is the card that gives you Whore of Babylon state for a room...

I'm so goddamn horny.

Pity it didn't render the horns from the Empress, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #950
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    15,929 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Croatia Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

31. Post #951
    #lmao #owned
    January 2009
    4,565 Posts
    if edmund stuck that on a black/grey shirt and sold em i'd buy one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

32. Post #952
    May 2011
    278 Posts
    I'm attempting no treasure room run gimmick, wish me luck guys.

edit: I was killed by Satan glitch being fixed and me not knowing it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #953
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    26,138 Posts
    I will never get these.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 13Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #954
    August 2009
    4,246 Posts
    I will never get these.
    those fucking charging maggots.
    arrrgh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

35. Post #955
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    I have mamas boy, but that's it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Turkey Show Events

36. Post #956
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,981 Posts
    I will never get these.
    Brimstone and all dreams comes true.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

37. Post #957
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,627 Posts
    I will never get these.
    I'm waiting for a Demon Boy or something like that for Sheol, and also this new alternate area that we're going to get. It'd be 1 more notch on my belt, even though I've technically already done a no-damage Sheol run.

I wonder if he would do a Perfect Boy achievement: Complete the entire game without taking damage. Now that's something that might pose a sizable challenge (especially since Odd Mushroom, deals with the devil, self-damage, blood donation machines, health up pills, etc count as damage for some reason).

38. Post #958
    Play this game with music muted while listening to Super Meat Boy Music.

It's suprisingly awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #959
    Memento audere semper- audaces fortuna iuvat.
    February 2010
    8,107 Posts
    Play this game with music muted while listening to Super Meat Boy Music.

It's suprisingly awesome.
    I LOVE Betus Blues, the hospital theme. There are artistic rendition on youtube- a very well done piano version and a guitar+bass version. Check them out!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #960
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,283 Posts
    Brimstone and all dreams comes true.
    I always die when i get brimstone, The charge up for the attack is too long for my tastes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)