1. Post #2201
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,331 Posts
    this is the hardest decision i've ever made

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 22 (list)

2. Post #2202
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,950 Posts
    pick the second one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 3 (list)

3. Post #2203
    Memento audere semper- audaces fortuna iuvat.
    February 2010
    8,164 Posts
    You have enough hearts to afford both!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

4. Post #2204
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,069 Posts
    Highschool level math isn't that difficult of a thing to understand.
    I see a lot of FPers that act with less intelligence than high school, so you never know.

Anyways, back on topic. Am I the only one who doesn't bother to pick up Brimstone anymore?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #2205
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    15,943 Posts
    I remember when Edmund said The Husk will drop mini Husk familiar that will spawn friendly flies.
    Another scrapped feature
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Croatia Show Events

6. Post #2206
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,533 Posts
    Won a dollar? Want to buy items? Too bad, have greed instead!
    Got lots of HP? Want blood bag? Too bad, have IV bag instead!

God I hate when those things happen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #2207
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,837 Posts
    Daddy's love nearly gave me a heart attack when I noticed the shadow following me.

Best follower, though when it was stomping stuff sometimes the leg would be silver and not meat and bone. Anyone know the cause of this?
    I bloody love that pickup. Whenever it shows up as a drop I'm always in a hell of a bind, and it carries me much further than I should have any right getting.

It's like Dad really is looking out for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #2208
    joh
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    714 Posts
    Beat Mom's Heart for my third time today. My ability to succeed relies on luck of item drops. Got technology 2 with tons of damage bonuses and the ability to fly, and with about 8 heart containers: I really couldn't lose.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

9. Post #2209
    Memento audere semper- audaces fortuna iuvat.
    February 2010
    8,164 Posts
    I unlocked most of the challenges but for some reason I just have few achievements on steam. uhmm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

10. Post #2210
    admin 2 me
    May 2011
    2,204 Posts
    Well I'm shit at this game. I can't even get out of the first basement.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #2211
    January 2009
    331 Posts
    Hey, how do you rip images from the game like that?

12. Post #2212
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,331 Posts
    After trying three runs with cain to get money and use his lucky foot on trinket machines in the hope of getting the polaroid i finally said fuck it, and decided to try and fix my missing steam achievement for beating the game as maggie, when suddenly

oh my fuck please dont die
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

13. Post #2213
    Max
    Ikuu~
    May 2009
    15,189 Posts
    I've just done 3 challenge runs which ended after the Mom fight (with the 1st ending, where the bible kills her, then the credits starts to roll which I can't skip,) and did not yield me any achievement nor item.

Fuck this is annoying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

14. Post #2214
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    5,852 Posts
    I beat the game as Isaac, got the achievement for the D20, but does it randomly appear in the levels, or does it replace the D6?

15. Post #2215
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    1,423 Posts
    I beat the game as Isaac, got the achievement for the D20, but does it randomly appear in the levels, or does it replace the D6?
    It is a random pickup item

I've still to find it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

16. Post #2216
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,331 Posts
    After trying three runs with cain to get money and use his lucky foot on trinket machines in the hope of getting the polaroid i finally said fuck it, and decided to try and fix my missing steam achievement for beating the game as maggie, when suddenly

oh my fuck please dont die

[h2]GG[/h2]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 14 (list)

17. Post #2217
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,921 Posts
    Just retried that shotgun spider challenge. First I got the knuckles that occasionally turn your tears into teeth. Then I got the sacred heart that makes your shots huge and homing. Then I got that board that makes your shots pass through things. And finally to wrap it all up I got that eye trinket that occasionally makes your shots poisonous. So I had shot four homing shots at a time that would go through things and would sometimes be teeth/poisonous.

Needless to say I beat Satan again.

Edited:

Oh, right. I also had Guppy's Head, so I could spawn blue attack flies before every single room.

18. Post #2218
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,687 Posts

Oh map gen, you so crazeh.
    Yeah, that's an entire half of the level I wouldn't have been able to explore had I not had The Moon/discovered that secret room.

Also turns out Ipecac is epic with homing shots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

19. Post #2219
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,756 Posts
    I learned how bad of a mistake it is to pick up Technology 2 on Depths XL.

My damage plummeted, and this was after I had a lot of high-damage stats in my favor, Mom's Knife, Bloody Lust, and Whore of Babylon included.

Still managed to beat the tar out of the final boss, but it took way longer than it should have, I had a completely overpowered build until Technology 2 was picked up. To add insult to injury, the laser did nothing, it was cosmetic (aside from dropping my damage to piss-poor values).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

20. Post #2220
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,331 Posts
    i thought    bringing isaac the polaroid killed him instantly?    whatever at least my fucking menu finally changed off of golden god. Now to play the game again.

21. Post #2221
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,756 Posts
    I still have 2 Gamekids and 2 Hourglasses in my collection. Does anyone know how I could go about fixing it?

22. Post #2222
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,529 Posts
    I just can't get a good run going with Maggy for some reason. Guess I'll keep trying.

I still have 2 Gamekids and 2 Hourglasses in my collection. Does anyone know how I could go about fixing it?
    I have the same thing. No idea how to fix it though.

23. Post #2223
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,661 Posts

I DID IT!
    Finally.

24. Post #2224
    January 2009
    331 Posts
    It's like that for everyone. Just gonna have to wait until they fix it.

25. Post #2225
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,756 Posts
    So apparently IPECAC has interaction with the Parasite.

Disappointing is how it only interacts if it explodes before it hits the ground. And it only shoots tears instead of more bombs. I wanted to have a MIRV of absolute and total destruction :C   

Edited:

Of course I find the item that gives me 99 bombs when I don't need it. Give me keys, dammit.

26. Post #2226
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,707 Posts
    So apparently IPECAC has interaction with the Parasite.

Disappointing is how it only interacts if it explodes before it hits the ground. And it only shoots tears instead of more bombs. I wanted to have a MIRV of absolute and total destruction :C   

Edited:

Of course I find the item that gives me 99 bombs when I don't need it. Give me keys, dammit.
    Bombs are Keys.

FIND IT NOW.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

27. Post #2227
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,756 Posts
    Bombs are Keys.

FIND IT NOW.
    How convenient that it happened to be one of the pills inside Mom's Coin Purse.

Edited:

And then I find a golden key :I
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #2228
    March 2010
    947 Posts
    The Hollow boss should have been named Larry Sr.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #2229
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,906 Posts
    Scolex is still easy, he didn't need an easier version of himself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Gibraltar Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #2230
    April 2012
    5,356 Posts
    Scolex is still easy, he didn't need an easier version of himself.
    I think Pin was just added as a pathetically easy boss to contradict some of the harder stuff. Also, I can't seem to listen to this song without thinking of The Binding of Isaac now.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #2231
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,069 Posts
    Speaking of the easier version of Scolex, does Pin still have that glitch?

32. Post #2232
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,756 Posts

It fixed itself? I guess.

I brought the Polaroid to    Isaac    despite not having ever beaten him with all of the characters, so the Polaroid shouldn't have been unlocked yet. Now, all that's left is Maggie and ???

33. Post #2233
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,906 Posts
    Didn't Edmund say he would buff Scolex during WoTL?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Gibraltar Show Events

34. Post #2234
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    The Binding Of Isaac V3 - Ipecac es numero uno
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #2235
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,756 Posts
    Also, homing IPECAC shots is bloody amazing.

The only problem I had was due to a bug - the Mom fight.

I don't want my explosions to track her foot when her foot isn't in the field or track her eyes/fat when the doors are closed. It's a simple additional conditional statement that checks if a target has a particular flag set or not (the flag also has to be created, it's not hard considering the groundwork for it is already made, as evidenced by collision/non-collision depending on if the enemy is in the field) what's so hard about fixing that shit, Florian?

The same happens on Mom's Heart, It Lives, Satan, and Daddy Long Legs. It is one of the primary reasons that I avoid homing effects whenever possible, it's just far more disastrous when used in conjunction with IPECAC or Fetus in a Jar -- with regular tears, it is damage that doesn't connect.

And the self-aiming familiars attack enemies like that too, regardless if it's possible for them to damage the enemy. Dead Bird, Meat Boy, Isaac's Body (Pinking Shears), Demon Baby, Kamikaze Flies, and I'm not sure if Daddy's Love does that since I've yet to encounter it. They all try to attack the stationary turrets, they latch onto masks instead of attacking the hearts, they'll try to attack the moving spikes, and whatever I'm forgetting. Homing tears from Isaac or Little Steven will try to home into those invuln enemies as well.

Yes, I'm mad. More at how this bug has gone unfixed since the game was first released than I am with the bug taking out half of my heath on a fight that should have been an absolute cakewalk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #2236
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,661 Posts
    Fucking ipecac.

I got tech 2 and then came across ipecac. I took it because someone kept saying how well it stacked with tech 2.
    ...yeah, no.

I'm never picking up that item unless I already have homing tears.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #2237
    March 2010
    947 Posts
    Fucking ipecac.

I got tech 2 and then came across ipecac. I took it because someone kept saying how well it stacked with tech 2.
    ...yeah, no.

I'm never picking up that item unless I already have homing tears.
    That sounds amazing. What exactly was the effect?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

38. Post #2238
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,756 Posts
    On a lighter note, you guys remember the little trick involving the Judgement tarot card, the D6, and Devil Room?

You don't need the D6 anymore. Just pop that card in a Devil Room and give him yo money. I got the Mark of the Beast for a paltry 5 cents.

Step aside, Isaac. Cain is the go-to guy for abusing that trick to Hell and back.

39. Post #2239
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,661 Posts
    That sounds amazing. What exactly was the effect?
    They both fire simultaneously. But because you have to watch out of running into your ipecac bombs, you barely use the laser at all.

40. Post #2240
    Insert title here

December 2005
    3,657 Posts
    That technology 2 is really damn useful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)