1. Post #721
    Blue Member
    July 2010
    2,766 Posts
    Just heard Self Made Vol. 2. I am disappoint. It's got like four songs I like outta 14.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

2. Post #722
    DJK
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,764 Posts
    tbh Meek Mill was carrying the whole label on his shoulders til Wale got in it

Rick is a joke, and i literally have not heard of whoever that guy on the far left is.

haven't heard enough by omarion to judge

though i haven't got the time to watch that video, maybe it'll change my opinion when i watch it
    Dude.

In my opinion Wale's terrible & Rick Ross is the best rapper in MMG. Next would be Meek or Stalley.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #723
    Blue Member
    July 2010
    2,766 Posts
    wale, rick ross, meek mill are all good. stalley is alright. gunplay or pill is definitely better than him. imo imo.

4. Post #724
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    6,005 Posts
    i can't stand meek mill

i don't know why, his face makes me angry

Edited:

just look at it

terrible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

5. Post #725
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,526 Posts
    what happened to his ears
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #726
    May 2011
    35 Posts
    Dude.

In my opinion Wale's terrible & Rick Ross is the best rapper in MMG. Next would be Meek or Stalley.
    For me it has to go, Rozay then Wale then Meek, not a big fan of stalley at all.

I thought Self Made Vo.2 was a huge improvement on the first one, Power circle is a brilliant song apart from the cheesy smoke one for Michael Jackson intro. Wale's verse was better than K dot's, which is the first time I have ever prefered someone's verse directly against Kendricks.

I be puttin' on and Actin up were also personal highlights, however Bag of Money/Let's talk/MIA let down the album as a whole
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #727
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,694 Posts
    I cant stand kendrick lamar for some reason
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #728
    Blue Member
    July 2010
    2,766 Posts
    i like em. he's something you have to get used to. though i dislike how he runs out of breath in his verses sometimes.

9. Post #729
    DJK
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,764 Posts
    I cant stand kendrick lamar for some reason
    How can you hate this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #730
    September 2007
    3,864 Posts
    How can you hate this.
    The only thing redeeming about that song is his flow. 2 seconds in you're bombed with stupid ass annotations which to me screams this song is going to be generic ass rap. The lyrics are painfully boring and I've never heard a rapper rap about clothes and guns before, this is ground breaking writing. The instrumental would be cool if A) he was muted B) took out the constant claps

11. Post #731
    DJK
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,764 Posts
    The only thing redeeming about that song is his flow. 2 seconds in you're bombed with stupid ass annotations which to me screams this song is going to be generic ass rap. The lyrics are painfully boring and I've never heard a rapper rap about clothes and guns before, this is ground breaking writing. The instrumental would be cool if A) he was muted B) took out the constant claps
    Damn so much hate for Kendrick.

12. Post #732
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    39,192 Posts
    idk man never listened to Kendrick before and I thought that was tight as fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #733
    September 2007
    3,864 Posts
    Damn so much hate for Kendrick.
    Not so much him but the current state of hiphop artists today. You go back and hear a track and instantly can tell if its Rakim, Big L, Pun, Wu etc etc. It's like GZA said in an interview about his song paper plates, the music doesn't hold any weight anymore. It's all generic ego rap nowadays.

14. Post #734
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    39,192 Posts
    Man I cannot fuckin wait for GOOD music's comp album to come out (Kanye West's record label)

This shit is all hard as fuckj and I don't get the impression it's just gonna be a couple great songs and a bunch of filler. Kanye's never been inconsistent.

Far as I can tell it's basically Niggas In Paris the album. Which is not a bad thing. Because that song is fucking amazing.

Edited:

Also mirin' his use of I Don't Like by Chief Keef, ignant as fuck and proper jammin tune (srs)

5 minutes long, about 4 minutes of hook being repeated over and over and a guest verse of a mediocre rapper with lame flow and structure, music video is just black teens getting high= TOP SHIT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United Kingdom Show Events

15. Post #735
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,201 Posts
    My problem with the GOOD music album is I'm basically just looking forward to Kanye's parts and couldn't care less about most of the other rappers. Kanye's albums have always had a lot of featured rappers, but I tend to like his parts more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

16. Post #736
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    6,005 Posts
    Not so much him but the current state of hiphop artists today. You go back and hear a track and instantly can tell if its Rakim, Big L, Pun, Wu etc etc. It's like GZA said in an interview about his song paper plates, the music doesn't hold any weight anymore. It's all generic ego rap nowadays.
    oh you're one of those people
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

17. Post #737
    Blue Member
    July 2010
    2,766 Posts
    dude you judge him like that based off one song!?

18. Post #738
    DJK
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,764 Posts
    Please go listen to Section.80 and come back to me, it's definitely not generic ego rap. Also, I'm pretty sure everyone can agree Kendrick's voice is pretty distinctive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #739
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,201 Posts
    Section.80 is great, not sure why you linked him that song of all things

20. Post #740
    DJK
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,764 Posts
    Section.80 is great, not sure why you linked him that song of all things
    It's a good display of his technical abilities as a rapper.

21. Post #741
    September 2007
    3,864 Posts
    Please go listen to Section.80 and come back to me, it's definitely not generic ego rap. Also, I'm pretty sure everyone can agree Kendrick's voice is pretty distinctive.
    I went and listened to a few tracks and I stand by my earlier comments. Like I said, dude has good flow but that's all I'm seein from him.

22. Post #742
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    6,005 Posts
    i like rigamortus

23. Post #743
    September 2007
    3,864 Posts
    Ya that's one of the tracks I listened to. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's garbage I just not a fan of his style.

24. Post #744
    November 2009
    1,467 Posts

25. Post #745
    Blue Member
    July 2010
    2,766 Posts
    My song,

Ya that's one of the tracks I listened to. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's garbage I just not a fan of his style.
    quick spam some kendrick

26. Post #746
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,694 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

27. Post #747
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    6,005 Posts
    going to summerfest in milwaukee tomorrow night to see the roots. pretty excited
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

28. Post #748
    Blue Member
    July 2010
    2,766 Posts
    Dope <3

29. Post #749
    DJK
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,764 Posts
    Is that Syd the Kyd in the back of the car?

30. Post #750
    Blue Member
    July 2010
    2,766 Posts
    yuss it is. Overdoz is from L.A.

31. Post #751
    DJK
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,764 Posts
    Nice. That video's brilliant as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #752
    April 2010
    407 Posts
    kick back music!

33. Post #753
    July 2009
    194 Posts
    + http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9-L8MHCPwI

+ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3pqq_t-nU8

Sorry for Portuguese Hip-Hop 'cause you don't understand the lyrics, but i just love this.

Good ol' Dizee Rascal
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

34. Post #754
    DJK
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,764 Posts
    That reminds me.
    Go to this thread for all Grime and UK Hip-Hop.

35. Post #755
    Sir Michael Cole
    September 2008
    3,017 Posts
    My friend introduced me to Killer Mike and his new album "R.A.P. Music".

I love it, he reminds me of Ice Cube.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #756
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,352 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #757
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,855 Posts
    fucking awesome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #758
    Blue Member
    July 2010
    2,766 Posts

39. Post #759
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    39,192 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?vB39d4U5u-8Q
    full thing

Edited:

ok dont work media tags
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #760
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,855 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)