1. Post #881
    February 2009
    3,165 Posts
    I love going out in the streets and taking candid shots now.

52/366 by Kristian Carreon, on Flickr
    The look he's giving is creeping me out.. Still, great photo! Wish I lived somewhere populated.

If i started taking candid photos here, people would start talking about it and before I know it all the old folks would think I was some sort of English spy.

When my parents moved here, they thought my dad was a scouse spy. No joke. What the hell?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #882
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,516 Posts
    Took these today and also developed them today!

Comments and or criticism appreciated
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 11 (list)

3. Post #883
    February 2009
    3,165 Posts
    I'm a sucker for black and white film :3

Love all of them but i really like the last one, the composition is good and the river really helps with that :)

I'm so original it's ridiculous.

MONSTER by Wickerman123, on Flickr

4. Post #884

Senhores Elefantes por Death Fernandes, no Flickr

Not sure what to do with this one.
    Maybe cropping it?
    Ideas?
    the subject
    it is so tiiiiiiny
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events

5. Post #885
    Gold Member

November 2007
    8,432 Posts

This last one is absolutely brilliant. It looks great!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #886
    Dennab
    June 2010
    1,908 Posts
    Took these today and also developed them today!

I really like the first and second. There's just something about it that I love.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

7. Post #887
    February 2012
    27 Posts
    I'm still fairly new to photography so.. criticism is highly welcomed!

8 by Gryovex, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

8. Post #888
    Gold Apple
    December 2011
    4,976 Posts
    Some old photos I don't think I shared

20110629-DSC_0431 by Jacob A. Mann, on Flickr

DSC_0015 by Jacob A. Mann, on Flickr

venice high by Jacob A. Mann, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #889
    June 2011
    660 Posts
    -
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

10. Post #890
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,908 Posts

8 by Gryovex, on Flickr
    I love the low key contrast here, and the texture on the wall works great. The subject is just a little too far to the left for me, but at least he's looking into the frame so he's not lost or falling off. Overall, a decent photo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #891
    February 2009
    84 Posts
    @ctlilc The last one caught my attention, interesting to say the least. The vibrations could be from a slight breeze? Depends on how quality your tripod is. Could also be when you press the shutter, where you might actually be moving the camera a tad-bit as you press the shutter.

Spending good amounts on a tripod is worth it, if you have weak basic models they aren't really sturdy. And some would even question putting their thousands of dollar equipment at risk with one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

12. Post #892
    hzy
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,942 Posts
    New photos up!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 10Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #893
    February 2009
    3,165 Posts
    Hmm first time taking some photos outside of the house.
    I noticed that even when I use a tripod the images get shaky sometimes when i have a 15-30 second exposure. Is that normal?
    Weigh down the bottom of your tripod, this will reduce the Center of gravity making it less affected by the wind. Also put the shutter on a timer, to give you time to step away from the camera and any vibrations to settle before the shutter opens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #894
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    1,551 Posts

BMW 2002 by millerroberts, on Flickr

Okay, time to lay off the Brenizer method a bit. It's just too fun to use.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #895
    Gonna try this Brenzier thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #896
    December 2008
    203 Posts

8 by Gryovex, on Flickr
    It seems a bit dark, but I think it works. I really like the feeling that the picture gives off. Good work!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

17. Post #897
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,574 Posts

33.365 by marley h
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #898
    February 2009
    3,165 Posts
    Flickr is broken :'(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #899
    Some old photos I don't think I shared

venice high by Jacob A. Mann, on Flickr
    I would totally move to Venice and be the one asshole who paints their roof bright lime green.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #900
    Gold Apple
    December 2011
    4,976 Posts
    I would totally move to Venice and be the one asshole who paints their roof bright lime green.
    Thats going to be really expensive, almost all the buildings in Venice are apartment buildings
       hi im mr.literal   

Edited:

I took these pictures really quick in my dad's closet of my friends on my new podcast. I'm on the far right.

Soundbird Group Shot by Jacob A. Mann, on Flickr

The photos are purposely over exposed, they kinda wanted to remain anonymous, and I thought it looked pretty neat. Each person pressed the flash button themselves, and the exposure was 1 second.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

21. Post #901
    November 2008
    1,193 Posts
    Haven't done anything in a while

untitled by Ohfoohy, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

22. Post #902
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    marley your photos always have this nice distortion/blur around the corners that I really like, mind letting me know how?
    sorry if it's something ridiculously obvious i'm missing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #903
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    181 Posts
    http://toothwalker.org/optics/bokeh.html

It is explained in the section titled, "Shape of the blur patch."
    Interestingly I had known about this effect but didn't know exactly what caused it until I tried to find the name of it for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #904
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,574 Posts
    marley your photos always have this nice distortion/blur around the corners that I really like, mind letting me know how?
    sorry if it's something ridiculously obvious i'm missing
    thanks I'm glad you like it. It's not actually something i do purposefully, you might be referring to the slight radial blur given by the fact that its a full frame sensor and the distance I'm at from the foreground. It may be slightly emphasised by the slight vignetting of the frame too. hope i helped

25. Post #905
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    11,928 Posts
    New photos up!

Really great composition and light.

How do you notice things like this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #906
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,663 Posts
    thanks I'm glad you like it. It's not actually something i do purposefully, you might be referring to the slight radial blur given by the fact that its a full frame sensor and the distance I'm at from the foreground. It may be slightly emphasised by the slight vignetting of the frame too. hope i helped
    Out of all the reasons I want a full frame camera, this is one of the top reasons as strange as it sounds.

27. Post #907
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,574 Posts
    Got some film developed today, here are a few from when i went to norway earlier this month.

by marley h

by marley h

by marley h

by marley h
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

28. Post #908
    September 2007
    1,419 Posts

Random photos I took walking home.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #909
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    11,928 Posts
    Got some film developed today, here are a few from when i went to norway earlier this month.

Best one.

Others seems kinda lacking, maybe if there was more thought into composition, but I know how hard it can be when taking pictures out of a window.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #910
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,574 Posts
    Yeah it was only a short trip (14 hours) so I was fairly limited. I'll keep it in mind for my next flight ah
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #911
    (wow I misposted this in the "that guy" thread yesterday and noone noticed, dang)
    I don't have a fancy DSLR and I don't even have a point and shoot because it died but I feel terrible not posting anything while constantly criticizing other people's photos.
    So here's a shitty picture taken with my phone.

It's out of focus, washed out, and looks horrible.

32. Post #912
    hzy
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,942 Posts
    Really great composition and light.

How do you notice things like this?
    I just walk around with the intent of taking photos with some friends and take whatever comes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #913
    February 2009
    3,165 Posts
    Put up a light in the kitchen to surprise my mum when she comes back home on sunday.

Do It Yourself by Wickerman123, on Flickr

Home alone for 3 days. I love turning up the music so loud that i can feel the bass throughout the house XD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #914
    ''just wondering''
    December 2008
    2,814 Posts

sun rise by CaptnKeegs, on Flickr

Alley by CaptnKeegs, on Flickr

Chapel by CaptnKeegs, on Flickr
    Need more criticism.

35. Post #915
    Oh what's that
    a good picture from my trip to brazil
    impossible

36. Post #916
    June 2011
    660 Posts
    -
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events

37. Post #917
    February 2009
    3,165 Posts
    Too much brenzier?

It's just so cool..

Mark by Wickerman123, on Flickr

Edited:

Damn a few errors, his face looks a little funny too... Oh well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

38. Post #918
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    actually quite impressed you pulled it off on a person
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #919
    February 2009
    3,165 Posts
    Took 2 attempts to get it right though, technically third because i forgot to tick vignette removal and distortion correction. Thanks :)

40. Post #920
    July 2008
    1,269 Posts
    This is more of a test but still took a nice Carlzeiss 35mm 2.0f from work to bad the only subjects I could find where my cats, the pictures are unedited straight from my sdcard.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)