1. Post #2961
    RESIDENT ASBESTOS OBSESSIVE
    July 2008
    5,507 Posts
    You're not going to learn much from doing macros, I'll just say that. Try street photography and portraits, it's a good starting point.

Edited:

Hmm page king, here's some of my unposted photos then:

IMG_0891 by Isaac Brownbridge, on Flickr

IMG_0863 by Isaac Brownbridge, on Flickr

IMG_0339 by Isaac Brownbridge, on Flickr

IMG_0335 by Isaac Brownbridge, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

2. Post #2962
    Zar
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    4,154 Posts
    Yeah, i was just learning how to use macro :p
    How do people do that Flickr thing? Easily upload a picture with by [dude] and the titel of the picture?

Also, i took a picture of my cat and forgot the blitz was on, so i blinded her and i thought it looked kinda funny XD

Edited:

Yeah like that! How do you post them on the internet like that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #2963
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,245 Posts
    Here are two. One from ages ago (Taken during one my lectures):

Untitled by edwin.quast, on Flickr

And one from today:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #2964
    July 2008
    5,507 Posts
    Share -> Grab the BB/HTML Code (BBCode in this case).

Also funny cat pictures are good and all, but there's not much point posting them unless they have artistic aesthetics. That's just a funny photo of a cat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #2965
    Zar
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    4,154 Posts
    I just figured it out!

SAM_0050 by ringadew, on Flickr

Edited:

oh thanks by the way.

Note: I havent had time to take any pictures yet. All pictures were taken on the day i got it. I just ran around the house for things

Edited:

For how long have you guys been taking pictures?

Edited:

And do you edit them afterwards?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #2966
    July 2008
    5,507 Posts
    I've been doing it for 1 1/2 years, but I haven't really progressed much in the past 1/2 year due to exams, and bullshit screwing with my life. I always edit my digital photos since I shoot in RAW, but not my film photos.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #2967
    Zar
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    4,154 Posts
    What did you use? I like the effect on the first picture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

8. Post #2968
    Sadboys2001
    June 2011
    1,065 Posts
    Alright, im all new to photographing, any tips? I have a pretty good camera (not a 3 grand pro one) and ive experimented a bit with macro and stuff.
    Macro is what most people start off on, Because they are the easiest pictures to take, and almost always look amazing. The best tip I can give you is experiment with lighting, Try to get allot of light on whatever you are taking a picture of, unless its supposed to look dark. If the lighting is bad, the photo will be bad. Simple as that

9. Post #2969
    Zar
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    4,154 Posts
    My camera is a pretty simple one too. I can set it to my liking, but im just going with a "SMART" mode.

Edited:

What programs are good at editing to make it look more "special" like the picture at the top of this page?

10. Post #2970
    November 2008
    2,340 Posts
    GIMP is a good tool to use, its free aswell :) just use a few youtube tutorials to give you some basic knowledge and experiment! :) Welcome to the world of photography man, i hope you really enjoy it!!

Was raining heavily here for about 3-4 hours and the lighting coming in through my east facing window was so soft and nice i decided to do something i dont usually do and take a photo of myself:

any feedback would be appreciated as always :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #2971
    Sadboys2001
    June 2011
    1,065 Posts
    What programs are good at editing to make it look more "special" like the picture at the top of this page?
    It Doesn't look that nice just because of editing, To get a really good looking photo you need a good Camera, Especially a good lens, good angle, perspective, have the ISO, aperture and other settings correct... So yeah, not to scare you but you cant just edit a photo into something amazing.

Photoshop is the crème of the crop when it comes to editing. although it Difficult at first but once you watch a few tutorials and fiddle around with all the tools, you will soon get the hang of it. also it is pricey.

or you could just smack on a few effects at http://www.befunky.com/

Edited:

any feedback would be appreciated as always :)
    Good angle, and the lighting is really nice, It is making the skin tones look good. Its a little noisy, but you cant really tell on the brighter parts. What camera / lens are you using?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #2972
    November 2008
    2,340 Posts
    It Doesn't look that nice just because of editing, To get a really good looking photo you need a good Camera, BUT THIS ISN'T NECESSARY Especially a good lens, good angle, perspective, have the ISO, aperture and other settings correct... So yeah, not to scare you but you cant just edit a photo into something amazing.

Photoshop is the crème of the crop when it comes to editing. although it Difficult at first but once you watch a few tutorials and fiddle around with all the tools, you will soon get the hang of it. also it is pricey.

or you could just smack on a few effects at http://www.befunky.com/
    ftfy..

also, digging your avatar mrfishcake.. kill people burn shit and fuck school.

Edited:

again also, the noise is probably because i bumped up the sharpness in processing.. idk i liked it :) Panasonic Lumix G2 with the kit lens at 14mm and i think it was f/3.5 :)

13. Post #2973
    Sadboys2001
    June 2011
    1,065 Posts
    ftfy..

also, digging your avatar mrfishcake.. kill people burn shit and fuck school.

Edited:

again also, the noise is probably because i bumped up the sharpness in processing.. idk i liked it :) Panasonic Lumix G2 with the kit lens at 14mm and i think it was f/3.5 :)
    Sly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #2974
    hzy
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,945 Posts
    more old photos

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 9 (list)

15. Post #2975
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,710 Posts

9027 by vLampreia, on Flickr

Edited:

Been a slow couple of months, uni work everywhere I turn
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

16. Post #2976
    June 2011
    660 Posts
    @h4z3y
    I love the one with the ship.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #2977
    hzy
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,945 Posts
    @h4z3y
    I love the one with the ship.
    <3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

18. Post #2978
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,702 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #2979
    January 2010
    164 Posts
    a little dump from this years Italian Food Festival, no food pictures sorry.

Untitled by Mitchobi, on Flickr

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

20. Post #2980
    February 2010
    299 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

21. Post #2981

July 2011
    98 Posts
    Took a trip down to the States last week..

Storm Clouds Past Seattle by waynesonc, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

22. Post #2982
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,245 Posts
    Aha!
    Yes mate!

Looks so good. Maybe a new facebook profile picture to boost my already inflated ego.

I'm kidding, but seriously, does look awesome, and great as a welcome shot for the flat :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #2983
    May 2012
    223 Posts
    My friend encouraged me to go around my neighborhood taking pictures, I'm proud of them, but I took 116 megs worth.

24. Post #2984
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    12,690 Posts
    1. Instagram

2. Facebook

3. Motion blurred

4. Out of focus

Keep practising :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 10Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #2985
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    I dunno, I thought the first and last one were pretty cool..

Even though the last one is out of focus, it has a nice feel to it or something..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #2986
    ffFf
    June 2005
    5,914 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

27. Post #2987
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    12,690 Posts
    I dunno, I thought the first and last one were pretty cool..

Even though the last one is out of focus, it has a nice feel to it or something..
    I was making a joke.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #2988
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    I was making a joke.
    woosh, my bad!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #2989
    Sphere mirrors are like the coolest thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events

30. Post #2990
    Zar
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    4,154 Posts
    Anyone knows if its possible to get attachable lenses for the Samsung WB150F?

I cant seem to find any.

31. Post #2991
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    Anyone knows if its possible to get attachable lenses for the Samsung WB150F?

I cant seem to find any.
    No it's a compact, can't change the lens.

32. Post #2992
    Zar
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    4,154 Posts
    Really? Im pretty sure i saw some. There was a Samsung catalouge

Edited:

IMG_0891 by Isaac Brownbridge, on Flickr

What did you use to edit it? Did you blur the background afterwards or is that the focus? I really like the effect
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #2993
    October 2011
    837 Posts

Untitled by Neeeekro, on Flickr

sheep skull if anybody's wondering
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #2994
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    two from tonight

lower than atlantis by codenamecueball, on Flickr

sunset by codenamecueball, on Flickr

35. Post #2995
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,702 Posts
    the second one is nice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #2996
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,245 Posts
    Oi, Blaze;

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

37. Post #2997
    November 2008
    1,202 Posts
    What did you use to edit it? Did you blur the background afterwards or is that the focus? I really like the effect
    It's called depth of field.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #2998
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    trying out some different post

IMGP8451.jpg by Inzalonus, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

39. Post #2999
    April 2012
    3,425 Posts
    I felt like Black and white today, small dump I guess

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

40. Post #3000

July 2011
    98 Posts
    Tried out the black card technique for the first time. It involves covering a portion of the photo, like the sky, with a black card (or something similar) for a portion of the exposure. This makes it so each element is exposed properly. Kinda looks like HDR, but its not. Top part is 10 seconds, while the foreground is 25 seconds. A ND filter was also used.

Low Tide Exposed by waynesonc, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)