1. Post #4521
    November 2009
    1,158 Posts

found a big ass spider in my backyard last night. got to use my 50mm as a ghetto-macro. :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

2. Post #4522
    December 2009
    1,750 Posts
    idk why but I really like that second one a lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #4523
    March 2010
    780 Posts

The 50mm is challenging to use on APS-C, but rewarding when you get something you want. I liked these two, simple but turned out the best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #4524
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,393 Posts
    I don't know if boobs are allowed in here, so I'm taking a wild shot here. I've thumb'd it for the non work-safeness sake.

But this is one of the weirdest photos I've taken. Took it a couple of hours ago at a release party, and it's edited but not manipulated the snake was actually there.
    It's not great, but I thought it was worth posting because it's so weird.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #4525
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,338 Posts
    Incoming winners. haha. I like the shot though!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

6. Post #4526
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,574 Posts
    A release party for what? Dancing snakes?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #4527
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,393 Posts
    i don't understand, tell us some backstory as to how and why that photo opportunity came about? I mean i don't know about you but over here in rainy ol England we don't have almost naked chicks dancing with snakes
    Well my friend has launched this app that allows you to find bars and clubs near you, and he was throwing a release party. He had arranged a naked sushi lady, that we could eat sushi off, and you could get your picture taken with the snake.

But when all the sushi had been eaten, he decided to put the snake on the naked sushi girl, lol.

Here's a girl having her picture taken with the snake, and the sushi girl:

And here's the snake on the sushi girl

sorry bout all those boob photos. i'll stop now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

8. Post #4528
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    11,928 Posts
    Your friend might be a little weird.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #4529
    November 2009
    1,158 Posts
    i want a snake.

10. Post #4530
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,354 Posts
    I, for one, welcome these terrific breasts into our humble thread.

[sub][sub][sub]I'm also 15 so I generally welcome all breasts[/sub][/sub][/sub]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

11. Post #4531
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,338 Posts

Saw a neat sunset on my drive home from Northern Michigan. Almost swerved into a semi snapping this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #4532
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts

another canal light by kopimi, on Flickr

batcave overlook by kopimi, on Flickr

canal light by kopimi, on Flickr

canal bushes by kopimi, on Flickr

lizard by kopimi, on Flickr

took a walk along a canal to visit a giant fenced off drainage tunnel full of bats

got there too late to get any pictures or video of the bats forming a massive black cloud and flying into the sunset but took a couple of pictures i thought were decent on my way there. all of my shots taken within the ditch itself were terrible because i was totally unprepared and it was pitch black by the time i had hopped in. will be trying to get inside the tunnel with a light to get some pics/video of the graffiti/bats inside.

Edited:

also these pics were my first time using/editing RAW, cant believe how much control you have over the picture, it's like being able to re-take the pic right inside photoshop
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

13. Post #4533
    April 2012
    3,301 Posts
    Stunning colours man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #4534
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,768 Posts

6216 by 166291, on Flickr

STIHL by 166291, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #4535
    February 2009
    3,165 Posts

found a big ass spider in my backyard last night. got to use my 50mm as a ghetto-macro. :3
    Jesus fuck. I hate spiders.

First thing I see upon entering the thread D:

Oh, boobs. I feel better now. My parents won't let me get a snake, they think I'd kill it. Plus it would probably fight with my 2 cats. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

16. Post #4536
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,908 Posts

Saw a neat sunset on my drive home from Northern Michigan. Almost swerved into a semi snapping this.
    Fuck I don't think I can handle a bopie-less world, drive safely bud.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

17. Post #4537
    January 2011
    371 Posts

overcooked_120715_2 by Laurence Howe, on Flickr

overcooked_120715_1 by Laurence Howe, on Flickr

overcooked_120715_7 by Laurence Howe, on Flickr

Ass Biting by Laurence Howe, on Flickr

Some more clubography, woo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6 (list)

18. Post #4538
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,393 Posts
    those are AMAZING! tell me about some of the magic behind!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

19. Post #4539
    November 2008
    1,193 Posts
    I like how even though it's 2500 ISO it looks like film. Not digital noise.
    These were all taken with the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 I assume?

20. Post #4540
    ffFf
    June 2005
    5,788 Posts
    I rather like this one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #4541
    January 2011
    371 Posts
    I like how even though it's 2500 ISO it looks like film. Not digital noise.
    These were all taken with the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 I assume?
    Yup, all at 1.4 with the Sigma 30mm. Not too sharp but I wanted to avoid using flash to capture as much natural light as possible, hence the high ISO
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

22. Post #4542
    Hey guys, do you think I should sell prints of this one?

As part of my 31-project.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #4543
    I like to get my fingers wet!
    September 2007
    810 Posts
    I think you have better chance of selling some of your earlier shots, that is quite generic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

24. Post #4544
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,848 Posts
    maybe if you livened up the colors a bit
    the green and blue look really dim

25. Post #4545
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts

yo bopie just wanted to say, it's great to see you trying some more varied stuff as of late, some really nice shots, also sounds like you and I both have a bit of a reckless nature when it comes to taking photos, but hey it's worth it for the shots you get from those situations.

just gonna toot my own horn for a moment here,
    Everyone I went kayaking with tried to discourage me from taking the camera on board with me, but i'm glad I did, even if the shots I got weren't particularly amazing, they're still a fuck bunch more interesting than the generic kind of shots I usually get (or at least I feel), simply because to me, they tell a story, and i'll have those photos to remember those kind of stories one day and i'm glad I take risks in order to capture a tangible memory.

Basically, to anyone reading this, don't be afraid to take risks, sure you value your equipment but don't forget that equipment can be replaced, repaired etc should anything bad happen to it.
    More than likely, if you have the confidence in yourself, nothing bad will happen anyway, and it really is worth it if you have that confidence, makes you feel proud of yourself for taking a risk and coming out of it unharmed/with photos to boast, that doesn't mean you guys should all go rock climbing without harnesses with your dslrs or something, but don't be afraid to take a camera wherever you go, even if it's just a point and shoot, because you'll still gain experience and those tangible memories by having one with you
    so many times i've gone out and regretted not taking my camera, so many events and occasions that I thought I shouldn't take my camera because it'd be a hassle..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #4546
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,848 Posts

the interior of the car is really distracting at the top
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #4547
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,075 Posts

Georgia by edwin.quast, on Flickr

Edited:

Guy by edwin.quast, on Flickr

These are cool. Gritty and raw.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #4548
    March 2006
    4,110 Posts
    Went gone and smashed 20 bottles of cheap beer at sunset (watch in HD).

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #4549
    November 2008
    2,222 Posts
    maaahhn that bokeh is beautiful
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #4550
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,338 Posts
    the interior of the car is really distracting at the top
    Only so much that could be done while driving, thanks though!

maaahhn that bokeh is beautiful
    Too much for my taste.

Edited:

I think you have better chance of selling some of your earlier shots, that is quite generic.
    Generic sells though.

31. Post #4551
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,848 Posts
    well I mean you could crop it out

32. Post #4552
    June 2011
    660 Posts
    Hey guys, do you think I should sell prints of this one?
    It is nice to look at a couple times but I think a print has to be interesting for a long time.

I guess a crop like this beeing like three meters wide in a bright room would be cool but in the end I don't know if you can blow your picture up this large.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events

33. Post #4553
    February 2009
    3,165 Posts
    He could easily return in simulate conditions and do a panorama.

I think that would have much higher chance of selling. He could blow it up if he has a decent megapixel count.

Edited:

well I mean you could crop it out
    *CONTENT-AWARE?*

Edited:

These are just simply brilliant. I mean, Jesus, that club should pay you for advertising.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #4554
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,354 Posts
    could be the most amazing use of b&w i've ever seen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #4555
    First try at startrails and I captured a falling star.

fb quality ahoy :

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #4556
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,338 Posts
    That's awesome you caught that.

The second feels a bit overexposed/washy. The first one is pretty good about that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #4557
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,574 Posts
    Tried something a little different, straight up portraiture.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #4558
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    11,928 Posts
    Great portrait. Loving the green leafy background, although the foreground leaves are a bit distracting.

Got any more?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #4559

October 2011
    9 Posts
    Great portrait. Loving the green leafy background, although the foreground leaves are a bit distracting.

Got any more?
    I disagree, the leaves in the front add more interest instead of a boring portrait of someone in front of a green background. If they weren't there, it would almost look like a school photo of some sort.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #4560
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    1,551 Posts
    Finally got my D90 in the mail, just in time for my trip to Canada in a week

New Camera Smell by millerroberts, on Flickr