1. Post #921
    February 2009
    3,353 Posts
    I LOVE this one! :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #922
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,514 Posts
    I don't get why everyone's jumping onto this brenzier bandwagon, I swear they don't look any better than normal photos :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #923
    February 2009
    3,353 Posts
    I don't get why everyone's jumping onto this brenzier bandwagon, I swear they don't look any better than normal photos :(
    It's a fun thing to do, and you get really high quality images at the end. I agree in some case i could have gotten a similar image with just a single exposure. Some of the other guys stuff is a good demonstration of how to use it effectively. Look around the internet for better examples too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #924
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,370 Posts
    People just aren't being imaginative with it.

It's simply a technique to add a certain look to a photo, not meant to be the centerpiece of it. It's just a panorama stitched out of shots with a shallow depth of field, you gotta have more to your images in the first place.

Go look up Ryan Brenizer to see the original idea behind doing these. (People have been doing it long before him, but I digress.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #925
    February 2009
    3,353 Posts
    I never use it as a centrepiece, I only use the technique because I like the look it gives my pictures. I admit i've not used it to it's full potential but i don't have the space in my house, and yet again, the weather has been appauling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

6. Post #926
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,605 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

7. Post #927
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events

8. Post #928
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    12,889 Posts
    messing around with mirrors around the house, i liked this shot. was inspired by the Vivian Maier selfies

DSC05829(2) by AustinTroth

and i call this one
    "always bring your tripod". my little brother was riding his bike and by the time i got him to get into the place the sun had shifted enough to not be able to take it again. i'll try again tomorrow :/

DSC05836(2) by AustinTroth
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 10 (list)

9. Post #929
    Dennab
    June 2010
    1,908 Posts
    Loving that first one.

Edited:

Second one has really nice colours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #930
    I have a flickr now
    friend me and shite

Lucky d20 by Latin Geek, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events

11. Post #931
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    1,553 Posts
    Went exploring today, probably didn't get many good photos, but we almost did get caught my some sort of security. Whoops.

I got to play with a 70-200 f/2.8 L, aswell. That was fun.

I'll be putting up photos soon. I'm seriously lacking inspiration as of late, though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

12. Post #932
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,731 Posts
    Went exploring today, probably didn't get many good photos, but we almost did get caught my some sort of security. Whoops.
    Fuck da Police
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #933
    April 2009
    825 Posts
    Went out today after school going to parks to take some photos. The ones today are pretty good I guess. Though I'd rather go to the city and take some shots, but it's difficult for me to get there:\.

Peace out by Kristian Carreon, on Flickr

55/366 by Kristian Carreon, on Flickr

14. Post #934
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    1,553 Posts

:o by millerroberts, on Flickr

holy by millerroberts, on Flickr

Reach by millerroberts, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

15. Post #935
    Gold Apple
    December 2011
    5,025 Posts
    going to San Francisco tomorrow, flatting farm boxes. Will picture things.

16. Post #936
    Facepunch Babysitter
    July 2009
    12,310 Posts
    Haven't posted here in a while.

The car forum hates my rims, I think they're p. cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #937
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,896 Posts

Overlooking by Declan A, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

18. Post #938
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,479 Posts
    Here are some from a trip to jungle habitat, west milford NJ.

Parking Lot by Rhines., on Flickr

Arriving by Rhines., on Flickr

Light Pine by Rhines., on Flickr

The last one was actually an accident. I had accidentally switched to manual, which was set on bulb. I think it looks pretty cool though.

19. Post #939
    Sour Grapes
    March 2007
    4,700 Posts
    I have been working too much recently and have hardly taken any photos. I did some car exploring yesterday, and drove onto this abandoned M1 slip road, it's about a quarter of a mile long and you can drive right up to the wrong side of the M1.

by Bengley1, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #940
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,885 Posts

DSC_0718 by JonahRD, on Flickr

DSC_0701 by JonahRD, on Flickr

DSC_0672 by JonahRD, on Flickr

DSC_0668 by JonahRD, on Flickr

DSC_0663 by JonahRD, on Flickr

DSC_0652 by JonahRD, on Flickr

DSC_0624 by JonahRD, on Flickr

I should have been standing on the other side

Edited:

DSC_0639 by JonahRD, on Flickr

and this

Edited:

DSC_0596 by JonahRD, on Flickr

and that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

21. Post #941
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,605 Posts
    i really want to go snowboarding now
    damn
    i might have to tempt going to a dry slope

35.365 by marley h
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

22. Post #942
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    12,889 Posts
    Are those raybans? If so we are totally glasses twins
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

23. Post #943
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,370 Posts

triplets motherfuck

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #944
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,605 Posts
    fuck yeah *double brofist*

p.s good style
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #945
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts

smashing scottish facism by codenamecueball, on Flickr

photo from today
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

26. Post #946
    I love that picture, Cueball, so centered and whatnot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #947
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    12,210 Posts
    i really want to go snowboarding now
    damn
    i might have to tempt going to a dry slope

35.365 by marley h
    Come to Edinburgh and do it here!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #948
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

29. Post #949
    That picture is fantastic, I'd make it BW personally.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #950
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    That picture is fantastic, I'd make it BW personally.

cheer up you b&w by codenamecueball, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #951
    We're made of star-stuff
    February 2009
    10,135 Posts
    I like the color one, it makes the police officers in the back stand out more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

32. Post #952
    January 2012
    46 Posts

Senhora Lua por Death Fernandes, no Flickr

Freaking lighting poles, they'r sometimes just like the light of moon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #953
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,412 Posts
    I had a shot at portrait photography again today. I'm feeling that I'm pretty limited since my knowledge of poses and editing etc. isn't great enough, so I'd really appreciate some feedback. Like how could I instruct the girls to pose etc. Imo the best ones I got today were the spontaneous ones, like the ones where she pads her on the head, with the sun glare.

Critique will be greatly appreciated.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #954
    February 2009
    3,353 Posts
    Photo:

_MG_3090 by Wickerman123, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #955
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,370 Posts
    I had a shot at portrait photography again today.
    There is a slight, overall 'unsharpness' that sorta bothers me, and the the bottom 4 shots reek of higher-iso-dullness (noise isn't a problem, it's the color). The blown highlights on 3 and 4's faces don't help. I don't like the yellow temperature/tones to be honest. It makes the skin look jaundice-y. #2 is exempt from these crits, and is the best of the set. It reminds me of the stuff from your SDS Series in Århus which is my favorite work from you.

As far as posing, it's not bad, but it doesn't hurt to get a little more interesting. Check out some poses here, and also give this whole video a good watch. It's mostly geared toward headshots, but you can apply it elsewhere in your shooting.

This is good too.

[sub]Sorry if this ruins the page with auto-playing audio for some of you![/sub]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 4Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #956
    April 2009
    825 Posts
    I'm scared.

56/366 by Kristian Carreon, on Flickr
    Others:

Feeding ducks by Kristian Carreon, on Flickr

Cheese! by Kristian Carreon, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #957
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    509 Posts
    First time out in a long while, also fun fact last two spots on my free Flickr. Tried B&W this time, I'm unsure about these though, C&C Please?

IMG_1896-4 by Airdoo, on Flickr

IMG_1912-7 by Airdoo, on Flickr

38. Post #958
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    2,277 Posts
    I'm not big into photography, but something interesting happened.
    i took a photo of some ancient film-slides my parents had from their 80's trip around various parts of russia and vienna, and i used my computer monitor as a backlight.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #959
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    12,889 Posts
    try and keep the film further away from the monitor, you'll get less of the pixel effect. you can have the shutter on for long because the background is always white and so it won't blur the pictures at all

would love to see them redone with less pixels

40. Post #960
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    2,277 Posts
    try and keep the film further away from the monitor, you'll get less of the pixel effect. you can have the shutter on for long because the background is always white and so it won't blur the pictures at all

would love to see them redone with less pixels
    here's another one which i used the sky as the backlight.

forgive the text,
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)