1. Post #881
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,924 Posts
    Just read the second Issue of the Trek/Who Crossover comic. much better then the first issue, and there is some actual interaction between the Doctor's group and the Enterprise Crew.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #882
    Frivolous Speculation + Trolling ElectronicG19 = Grizz
    July 2009
    3,749 Posts
    Undeserved recognition. Success!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

3. Post #883
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,578 Posts
    I've started watching Doctor Who some days ago and holy shit the show is just too good, I'm enjoying every single episode and I must say that David Tennant is the best doctor
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

4. Post #884
    December 2007
    411 Posts
    More like deserved recognition, that video was very well made.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

5. Post #885
    May 2011
    2,976 Posts
    "This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

:(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #886
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,702 Posts
    I've started watching Doctor Who some days ago and holy shit the show is just too good, I'm enjoying every single episode and I must say that David Tennant is the best doctor
    Don't make a decision until you get to S5.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #887
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    4,719 Posts
    There is no best doctor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #888
    July 2009
    3,749 Posts
    "This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

:(
    Tom Jones is blocked almost worldwide! Although for those that do actually like the video, I would ask that you share the link amoungst Who fans. I'm interested to see how much of an effect we can have compared to Game of Thrones - although YouTube is currently not accurately saving data. Even if it's blocked for you, share it anyway haha.

In the meantime, take some more filming pics, including a more suitable dressed Jenna for the occasion.

^ Diana Rigg

The Series 7 cast is staggeringly awesome. Also, returning character     Jenny from AGMGTW has been spotted    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #889
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,702 Posts
    Jenny... Jenny...

Jenny the lesbian?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #890
    The Disabled Kid
    Dennab
    February 2011
    4,770 Posts
    Jenny... Jenny...

Jenny the lesbian?
    Jenny the Daughter?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

11. Post #891
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,702 Posts
    Wrong Jenny man, he said A Good Man Goes To War.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #892
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,240 Posts

I wouldn't mind if he kept that hat. bowlers are boss
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #893
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2009
    3,687 Posts
    Sort of makes his ears stand out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #894
    I remember when titles used to mean something, now you can get one for a dollar, this all used to be fields, get off my lawn damn kids etc.
    May 2006
    6,219 Posts
    Sort of makes his ears stand out.
    He kinda looks like an elf in that photo, now you mention it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #895
    July 2009
    3,749 Posts
    Happy to report that despite YouTube having analytical troubles, stats are spiking on my end. With the majority of viewers arriving from this thread. Thanks guys : )

16. Post #896
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,924 Posts
    I saw it on Facebook, awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #897
    March 2010
    1,091 Posts
    Has anyone managed to go to The Crash Of Elsyium yet? It's amazing!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

18. Post #898
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,240 Posts
    This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #899
    July 2009
    3,749 Posts
    These outfits get more amazing every time I see them

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #900
    The Disabled Kid
    Dennab
    February 2011
    4,770 Posts
    season 7 needs to come faster

I really can't wait
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #901
    March 2010
    1,091 Posts
    Apparently the cowboy episode from the trailer is episode 3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

22. Post #902
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,294 Posts
    I've been thinking about starting to watch this show. Would the David Tennant season be a good place to start? I'm not really that interested in starting from season one unless I miss some major plot points.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #903
    July 2009
    3,749 Posts
    I've been thinking about starting to watch this show. Would the David Tennant season be a good place to start? I'm not really that interested in starting from season one unless I miss some major plot points.
    New Series One - With Christopher Eccleston.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

24. Post #904
    I remember when titles used to mean something, now you can get one for a dollar, this all used to be fields, get off my lawn damn kids etc.
    May 2006
    6,219 Posts
    A lot of stuff doesn't make sense unless you start from series one, so to avoid having to google things throughout the other episodes, you're better off starting from Christopher Ecclestone's series and going through them like that.

Edited:

DainBramage should add something along the lines of

Q: I want to get into this series, where should I start?
    A: Christopher Ecclestone's series. No exceptions.
    to the OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

25. Post #905
    The Disabled Kid
    Dennab
    February 2011
    4,770 Posts
    if you don't go through season one then Christopher will find you and make you watch jersey shore over and over
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

26. Post #906
    DainBramage should add something along the lines of

to the OP.
    done <3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #907
    July 2009
    3,749 Posts
    Back from making friends in GMF!

Marvellous!

28. Post #908
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    10,997 Posts
    It's only one season and it sets up the universe very well.

The series matures slightly every year too which is nice. It grows with the audience.

29. Post #909
    March 2010
    7,896 Posts
    So I'm having a marathon of Dr. Who on netflix starting from the beginning (well, the Ninth). Am I the only one who can't stand Rose?

Edited:

And why do so many people dislike Eccleston? I liked him. He didn't have as much a chance to grow but I think he was still good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

30. Post #910
    July 2009
    3,749 Posts
    And why do so many people dislike Eccleston? I liked him. He didn't have as much a chance to grow but I think he was still good.
    I don't think there's too many. But there are those who just didn't like his portrayal, while a few are still grumpy that he hasn't attached himself to the show in a big way. I, myself, loved the Ninth Doctor. I preferred him to ten, although I've now shifted to eleven for the new series anyway <3.

Am I the only one who can't stand Rose?
    Series 1 Rose I was okay with. Series 2 Rose annoyed the hell out of me. Future Rose wasn't necessary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #911
    July 2009
    3,749 Posts
    Full details of the Comic Con panel this weekend.

BBC AMERICA’s (@BBCAMERICA) Doctor Who stars Matt Smith and Karen Gillan make their triumphant return to Comic-Con for a panel and Q&A moderated by Doctor Who pundit and creator of theNerdist, Chris Hardwick. They will be joined by star Arthur Darvill, who’s making his first pilgrimage to SDCC, along with award-winning lead writer and executive producer Steven Moffat (Sherlock) and award-winning executive producer Caroline Skinner (The Fades). As fans eagerly await the new season’s premiere, BBC AMERICA has learned that Steven Moffat and team will be bringing something very special with them to reveal to fans in Hall H.

Doctor Who follows the adventures of the Doctor, the mysterious traveler who journeys through all of time and space, picking up companions along the way and almost always sidestepping danger. The iconic sci-fi series stars Matt Smith as the Doctor and Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill as his companions, Amy Pond and Rory Williams, aka The Ponds. Last season delivered record ratings for BBC AMERICA and marked the first time Doctor Who filmed on American soil. Its finale ended with the the Doctor’s greatest escape yet and the intimation of an even greater reckoning to come. Ahead of the new season, BBC AMERICA will premiere new Doctor Who specials – The Science of Doctor Who, The Women of Doctor Who, The Timey-Wimey Stuff of Doctor Who, and The Destinations of Doctor Who – as part of the Supernatural Saturday programming block starting Saturday, August 4, 9:00pm ET/PT.

As well as the Hall H panel, Doctor Who’s Matt Smith will appear on TV Guide’s Fan Favorites panel on Saturday, July 14, 1:00-2:00pm in the Indigo Ballroom at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront hotel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #912
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    702 Posts
    Back after a hiatus of avoiding spoilers. Anxious to see the comiccon panels this year. Also, just bought an awesome Dr Who Adventure Time crossover T-Shirt from redbubble. I missed this thread...

On to new business...

New companion is hot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #913
    July 2008
    10,997 Posts

Nicked from Karen Gillans twitter feed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 16 (list)

34. Post #914
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,173 Posts
    It's creepy how the Rory with Amy's face looks unsettlingly like a real person.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

35. Post #915
    July 2008
    10,997 Posts
    A David Bowie-esque character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #916
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,173 Posts
    Oh man I know; it's fucking crazy isn't it? It's like The Man Who Fell To Earth, innit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

37. Post #917
    July 2009
    3,749 Posts
    Guys, guys, guys! I know we pretty much assumed as much, but Matt Smith has seemingly confirmed that Doctor Who returns next month! To the best of his knowledge, anyway.

Matt Smith has said that Doctor Who's seventh series will be airing in a matter of weeks.

Speaking at the TV Guide Magazine Fan Favourites' panel at San Diego Comic-Con today (July 14), the actor revealed that the series's first episode 'Asylum of the Daleks' would be broadcast some time in August. The confirmation comes after news that the episode will be given a public premiere at BFI Southbank in London on August 14, while it will also be screened at the Edinburgh International Television Festival, which takes place from August 23 to August 25.

Series six episode 'Let's Kill Hitler' was given its first showing at the Festival last year and broadcast on BBC One the following day, with Smith's revelation suggesting that this may also be the case with 'Asylum of the Daleks'.

However, the BBC has yet to confirm an official air date for the new series.

New footage from the show is expected to be screened at the Doctor Who panel discussion with fans at Comic-Con tomorrow (July 15), with Smith to be joined on stage by Arthur Darvill and Karen Gillan, as well as producers Steven Moffat and Caroline Skinner.
    Source: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/do...att-smith.html
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

38. Post #918
    June 2011
    394 Posts

During the Q and A at comic-con
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

39. Post #919
    July 2009
    3,749 Posts

During the Q and A at comic-con
    Or as I'm calling it, Chuck meets The Doctor.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

40. Post #920
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    4,719 Posts
    Oh god, the singing.
    Awesome panel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events