1. Post #2201
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    Or the production team is just messing around with the intro
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #2202
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    10,769 Posts
    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...s-8142477.html

River Song will be back!   

Edited:

Link is spoilerish.
    Not a spoiler at all, she was in the trailers.

Edited:

I hope when we get a new companion that love is not a subplot in any shape or form.
    Rose and Doctor loved eachother
    Martha loved The Doctor
    Donna was getting married
    Amy loves Rory

You can tell a story about people without it involving romance.

Edited:

I found this episode a bit disappointing, but it was great moral and story wise.
    This is what sometimes gets me with some of the Moffat-era episodes, the directing is a bit wonky at times,
    The last two episodes had crappy directing. The director should be treating the show as a drama or fantasy. When the director tries to treat it liked a childs show it falls apart on screen and becomes hard to take seriously.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #2203
    Official Smiles.
    January 2010
    10,539 Posts
    Seems like they're getting kinda lazy with their special effects.
    For an example, the latest episode.
    When the ship explodes in the closeup shot the explosion is big a fire-y and it rises somewhat slowly

Now, when it goes back to the town the explosion is just a small puff of smoke and seems like its right behind the building.

no clue why this bugs me
    but other than that great episode
    yeah I thought the exact same thing

Edited:

also these guys look quite scary
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

4. Post #2204
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    10,303 Posts
    also these guys look quite scary
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

5. Post #2205
    August 2010
    1,025 Posts
    The darkening title sequence could just be them changing it to make it look better against the colour of the logo, since it's been different for every episode this year.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

6. Post #2206
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    6,910 Posts
    The lights flickering is happening around Amy; her dressing room, her house, the room/town she's in in the American West.

I don't know if you guys are on the same train of though (unfortunately I don't have time to go back and read all the previous posts) but I'll reiterate my previous theory from a couple of weeks ago;

Amy had an 'image' of Angel Bob in her head.
    Image was destroyed when the Angels passed through the cracks.
    But everything that was consumed by the cracks was restored in The Big Bang by the Pandorica.
    So the Angel in Amy's head came back too.

I think Moffat also said that the answer to 'how the Ponds leave' is in The Eleventh Hour; I might go back and watch that episode again to see if there are any flickery lights
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #2207
    July 2012
    497 Posts
    The lights flickering is happening around Amy; her dressing room, her house, the room/town she's in in the American West.

I don't know if you guys are on the same train of though (unfortunately I don't have time to go back and read all the previous posts) but I'll reiterate my previous theory from a couple of weeks ago;

Amy had an 'image' of Angel Bob in her head.
    Image was destroyed when the Angels passed through the cracks.
    But everything that was consumed by the cracks was restored in The Big Bang by the Pandorica.
    So the Angel in Amy's head came back too.

I think Moffat also said that the answer to 'how the Ponds leave' is in The Eleventh Hour; I might go back and watch that episode again to see if there are any flickery lights
    I'll do the same.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #2208
    September 2009
    1,801 Posts
    The only lights I can think of are when the Doctor is trying to signal the Atraxi and burns out the sonic as well as setting off the car alarms and exploding the phone box light.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #2209
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    6,910 Posts
    The only lights I can think of are when the Doctor is trying to signal the Atraxi and burns out the sonic as well as setting off the car alarms and exploding the phone box light.

Thinking about it a bit more, I don't think the flashing lights would be the hint in The Eleventh Hour; the universe was reset to the morning of the Ponds' wedding; several months after The Eleventh Hour. In no time stream would the Angel in her head have been present at the time of the Eleventh Hour
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #2210
    Frivolous Speculation + Trolling ElectronicG19 = Grizz
    July 2009
    3,516 Posts
    “Of course I’ve got a job. What do you think we do when you’re not here?”
    That’s an interesting name for any fans from the classic series.
    “With a dress sense like that, you must be the Doctor”
    “The Doctor is god knows where. The cubes aren’t doing anything at all. Did real life just get started?”
    It’s Rory’s turn to kiss the Doctor this week.
    “Who has an underground base! Terrible ventilation”
    Amy rips the Doctor’s clothes, and gives him a shock.
    “Through the Looking Glass Amelia”
    “I thought the Shankry were a myth, a myth to keep the young of Gallifrey in their place”
    “Actually it’s you they can’t give up Doctor”
    Familiar RTD tropes are employed.
    The Silence make an appearance.
    Flickr, YouTube and Twitter get mentioned.
    Nintendo, Apple and Ugg boots will be pleased.
    For those wondering if Christmas would be mentioned four episodes in a row, you won't be disappointed.
    The cast of a television show referenced in Series 6 Part 2 appear.
    A classic monster is mentioned (and technically seen).
    A talent the Doctor showed off in The Lodger makes a return.
    Things can only get better.
    Adric. Poor Adric.
    "Invasion of the very small cubes. That's new."
    "We're wanted at the Tower of London."
    "I had a metal dog that could do that."
    "These people are precious to me and I will defend them with my last breath."
    "Don't mock my log."
    "Doesn't time fly when you're alone with your thoughts?"
    "Patience is for wimps."
    "UNIT's been adapting…"
    "Cook up some cubes, see what happens."
    "A myth to keep the young of Gallifrey in their place."
    Spoiler TV & CultBox
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

11. Post #2211
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    6,910 Posts
    The cubes sort of remind me of the Tardis distress-message-boxes.

Mainly because... they're cubes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

12. Post #2212
    Propane Nightmares
    May 2007
    8,504 Posts
    Seems like they're getting kinda lazy with their special effects.
    For an example, the latest episode.
    When the ship explodes in the closeup shot the explosion is big a fire-y and it rises somewhat slowly

Now, when it goes back to the town the explosion is just a small puff of smoke and seems like its right behind the building.

no clue why this bugs me
    but other than that great episode
    it's not laziness with special effects so much as it is the budget that the post production house are given for each series. i've met a guy from the company who do the special effects and the bbc are very tight on their budget. they have to make the special effects work and render within a certain deadline because the more detailed they are, the longer it takes to render.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 4Useful Useful x 1 (list)

13. Post #2213
    July 2009
    3,516 Posts
    The Doctor has been Matt Smith for a quarter of his life.

The constant changes in his age amuses me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

14. Post #2214
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    702 Posts
    Anyone else thinking Captain Jack would do well with 11?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #2215
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,054 Posts
    I miss Captain Jack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

16. Post #2216
    July 2009
    3,516 Posts
    I think 11 would appreciate some of Jack's methods and free-spirit.

17. Post #2217
    Actually a Time Lord
    November 2011
    7,765 Posts
    Really left-field.

But that sky and that vortex. I wonder if it will be more than just a poster feature. Also, New York is almost shrouded in darkness. I don't know, I'll stand by the lights-going-out theory for now. Guess we will just have to see what happens.
    That picture without the titles and credits

in a wallpaper-resolution.

Please.

Edited:

Okay, I found this for now:

http://hal9209.com/blog/wp-content/u...-Manhattan.jpg (Warning: quite huge)

getting there...

Edited:

Yes!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 6Useful Useful x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #2218
    September 2009
    1,801 Posts
    That picture without the titles and credits

in a wallpaper-resolution.

Please.

Edited:

Okay, I found this for now:

http://hal9209.com/blog/wp-content/u...-Manhattan.jpg (Warning: quite huge)

getting there...

Edited:

Yes!
    Any better (it is larger)?

http://poptimal.com/wp-content/uploa...bca_bugged.jpg

You could crop it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

19. Post #2219
    The Silence make an appearance.
    shitting chribst
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

20. Post #2220
    LA Face and British Booty
    January 2011
    4,701 Posts
    shitting chribst
    The Silence are the order, not the aliens!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

21. Post #2221
    Actually a Time Lord
    November 2011
    7,765 Posts
    shitting chribst
    I wonder if they're falling...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

22. Post #2222
    July 2008
    10,769 Posts
    I miss Captain Jack.
    I really liked it when he was a companion. One of the best.

All the surgery John had means Jack looks nothing like he did in his first series. But I'd like Jack to come back as a temp companion again. It adds a nice dynamic.

Edited:

I'm gonna watch something from Series 1

Edited:

ughhh I can't decided an episode. This series is that good.

Edited:

Wish Chris didn't do one year. What a nob. Such a good Doctor as he's easily the most unique.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #2223
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,054 Posts
    I never liked Christopher Eccleston as the doctor but it seems like most others do, Jack should definitely come back since he's a pretty interesting character.

Am I the only one who couldn't wait for Rory to die in the past few series but now wants to see more of Rory than Amy? Amy's gotten really boring to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

24. Post #2224
    I like how we're seeing more of rory's family life

he got kinda neglected in the previous series
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

25. Post #2225
    July 2008
    10,769 Posts
    Rory I still find interesting and real and makes me laugh. Amy I just tire of.

Edited:

I hope series 8 goes back to the format of 1,2,3,4,5. A couple of episodes, two parter, couple more, two parter, couple more, two part finale.

This idea of a break and no two-part finales and now no two parters is annoying. I don't really like it as much.

Edited:

The break is horrible too. I just want 13 weeks of fun adventures. Not 5, a game changer, then a few more.

Edited:

Still gold
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

26. Post #2226
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    10,303 Posts
    I like that Rory has stayed on so long, the spat of female-only companions seemed a bit forced to me, allievated only by Captain Jack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

27. Post #2227
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,901 Posts

To everyone saying "the Doctor wouldn't shoot a gun".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Brazil Show Events Informative Informative x 7 (list)

28. Post #2228
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    6,910 Posts

nigga dat a fly lookin' piece dat doc be packin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

29. Post #2229
    July 2008
    10,769 Posts

*snaps neck* "Come along Sarah"

What a gentleman
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

30. Post #2230
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    4,679 Posts

The Post-Timewar Doctor wouldn't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

31. Post #2231
    July 2008
    10,769 Posts
    The Post-Timewar Doctor wouldn't.
    But he had. And worse.

It annoys me Tennant fangirls on Youtube and shit get pissy is The Doctor holds a gun when THe Tenth Doctor slaughtered an entire race of spider-like aliens and burned a mother alive and then drowned her children. Or when Nine destroyed Downing Street with a missile and slaughtered a family doing it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

32. Post #2232
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    18,632 Posts
    Looking at that, it makes me wonder why he has such an aversion to guns nowadays. Maybe he thinks guns are somewhat unsporting, in which case he'd probably be better off with some sort of folding crossbow or even a holographic rapier and shield "app" for his sonic screwdriver. (by hologram I mean the physical omni-tool kind of hologram). That way he'd have an actual weapon whilst still being against guns, a somewhat alright compromise between being a hypocritical pacifist and the old-school kind of Doctor who wouldn't hesitate to actively fight against an unreasoning threat, as opposed to just running.

If his screwdriver had the "holographic forcefield" app, it could be kind of a "bulletproof umbrella", and the holographic rapier app would probably be pretty awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #2233
    July 2008
    10,769 Posts
    Sorry I'm distracted by how hilarious it is watching The Doctor snap a blokes neck and run off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

34. Post #2234
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    18,632 Posts
    Yeah; it's just so casual yet amazing. It's just a snap of the neck and then he runs off like a boss before Sarah Jane can even remark on it.

Still, I think it'd be awesome if the sonic screwdriver got a "solid hologram projector" module added to it, even if it'd technically make the Doctor like some sort of time traveling Green Lantern. Speaking of which, I suspect someone might have wrote a Green Lantern/Doctor Who crossover fic; after all there's so much stuff like that on the internet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #2235
    You're Gonna Carry That Weight.
    June 2008
    7,181 Posts
    Doctor didn't use guns because they don't work on what he goes up against. RTD decided it should be because of morals.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

36. Post #2236
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    18,632 Posts
    The whole "guns aren't that effective" thing makes a fair slice of sense pie; you can hardly shoot a big metal robot with a rifle. Russel's interpretation of him not liking guns just because was pretty RTDed if you follow me; if the Doctor said something like "Really fellas, guns? Where's the fun in those? At LEAST use a sword or a crossbow or something; those're much more sporting", then it'd at least have context and be sort of "fashionable", but nope; poorly-explained moral qualms it is from Russel T Davies.

I'm hoping Moffat makes those kinds of changes to the Doctor's character; if not through a terrible event that makes the 11th Doctor more inclined to use weapons (like if he could have prevented a close friend's death if he'd only chopped the bad guy's hand off with a sword), then as part of the 12th Doctor's quirky new personality.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #2237
    July 2008
    10,769 Posts
    Doctor didn't use guns because they don't work on what he goes up against.

[URL]

Good ol' Brig. Always aware guns never work but always shoots the fuckers anyway.

Chap with wings. Five rounds rapid.

Edited:

"Just for once I would like to meet an alien menace that isn't immune to bullets."

- Brigadier
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

38. Post #2238
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    18,632 Posts
    Yep, I remember the Five Rounds Rapid. Never know if it don't work until you try.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #2239
    July 2009
    3,516 Posts
    Episode 5 is apparently 50-minutes long, with a glimpse of Christmas post-credits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #2240
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    4,790 Posts
    I'm going to try to be really strict with myself about previews for The Angels take Manhatten.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)