1. Post #3121
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    10,976 Posts
    I really liked this scene though.

Like I always liked Matts Doctor a lot and was easily my favourite but when I saw him use the old console like he's used it a 1000 times in the past without even hesitating then part of my brain went "He's The Doctor. The same fucking Doctor :D And despite how different it looks it is the same show"

I like that bit of continuity. It's why I really want Jack back.

Edited:

Like sometimes the writers make him too 'new'. Like how he experiences emotions and acts like he's never had them before. He's meant to be a new man but not a total baby who has had no experience of these things. He has memories of feeling like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Winner Winner x 2 (list)

2. Post #3122
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,390 Posts
    I caught up. TATM fucking sucked and is full of insanely stupid plot flaws.
       Statue of Liberty. WTF?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

3. Post #3123
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,447 Posts
    I caught up. TATM fucking sucked and is full of insanely stupid plot flaws.
    Yeah, it's horrifyingly bad, to be honest Series 7 isn't turning out as great as i'd hoped.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

4. Post #3124
    April 2009
    14,390 Posts

Like I always liked Matts Doctor a lot and was easily my favourite but when I saw him use the old console like he's used it a 1000 times in the past without even hesitating then part of my brain went "He's The Doctor. The same fucking Doctor :D And despite how different it looks it is the same show"

Edited:

Like sometimes the writers make him too 'new'. Like how he experiences emotions and acts like he's never had them before. He's meant to be a new man but not a total baby who has had no experience of these things. He has memories of feeling like that.
    That made me realize. Transition from 9 to 10 was easier than from 10 to 11 because it wasn't all new - same old Tardis, same (not) old Rose.
    10 to 11 was like a reboot (well, it WAS a reboot, and that's lame), with everything new. I started with not really liking 11th because of that. He's better now, but damn, every time a reference was made to S1-S5, I instantly liked him more.
    Other than that, it's like he's a totally different person than 9/10.

and yes i totally am ignoring what classic who fans feel   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #3125
    Frivolous Speculation + Trolling ElectronicG19 = Grizz
    July 2009
    3,719 Posts
    I personally care much more for the numerous references (right down to Tom Baker's voice) to Classic Who. Much more reassuring to me than Nu 1-4, and I wasn't alive during any of it. Just because it's, you know, further back.

I was thankful for the reboot though, especially, after 2009. Unfortunately I only enjoyed one of the 'specials', so the trailer after The End of Time for Smith's era was very well-received. Even then, I'm still pleased that we do occasionally get links to the four series prior. Rose even managed to work her way in to Series Six.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #3126
    July 2008
    10,976 Posts
    Yeah, it's horrifyingly bad, to be honest Series 7 isn't turning out as great as i'd hoped.
    It's not that bad.

I thought AoTD is the second/third best Dalek story we've had and easily one of the best series openers. If not THE best.

Dinosaurs wasn't my cup of tea, I won't be jumping to rewatch it but it was an enjoyable romp. Introduced a nice character.

Mercy was fun. But once again nothing I personally would jump to rewatch.

Power of Three was fucking marvelous. Easily a favourite for me. They finally made Amy and Rory feel like a married couple and not a hook-up. Also more Brian. Also Unit done really well. Also introduced a great new villain.

TatM isn't one I'd get the itch to rewatch again because I didn't like how continuity just got fucked as Moffat made up rules as he went along which he always does. It once again feels like Moffat trying to write like Moffat. It was overly bloated and rushed and the consequences didn't feel like consequences. It was a love letter to Moffat from Moffat. A bit like all the later RTD episodes.
    Despite this I still enjoyed it.

I've enjoyed this series more than 6 as it's less plot-arc-building-up-to-unsatisfying-conclusion. Though I guess it's nearly just as bad with the apparent lack of arc (Those flicking lights meant nothing) and predictability. Also we already established we miss two-parters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #3127
    April 2009
    14,390 Posts
    I dunno, I liked S7 up until TATM - except for the whole "Doctor getting forgotten" thing.
    We'll see how it goes. Let's hope for the best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #3128
    July 2009
    3,719 Posts
    Before Series 7 started, I said I would go in to each episode with the utmost optimism, and reserve criticisms until the run had ended. I'm glad I did, ultimately, because I didn't want to risk limiting my enjoyment of each episode by over-analysing at the time. Happy to do it until Christmas, though! Each episode has it's faults no doubt (in no small part to the "blockbuster of the week" brief), but I did enjoy each of them on a first run. Got to make the most of the five =(

I have watched each again. The latter four, only one re-watch, but Asylum I've seen countless times already. I can imagine Asylum and Power of Three are the two I would watch again in the future on any kind of semi-regular basis.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #3129
    Propane Nightmares
    May 2007
    8,695 Posts
    to be honest, i found dinosaurs on a spaceship the most enjoyable because it was just like classic who. it was funny and introduced some great characters who i hope we see again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

10. Post #3130
    July 2009
    3,719 Posts
    A title Matt Smith almost let slip is actually legit, so it seems... and it's brilliant.

Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 15 (list)

11. Post #3131
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    4,715 Posts
    A title Matt Smith almost let slip is actually legit, so it seems... and it's brilliant.

oh my god yes yes yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #3132
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,133 Posts
    I wonder if they're gonna reference Jules Verne beyond the title of the story?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #3133
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,767 Posts
    It's not that bad.

I thought AoTD is the second/third best Dalek story we've had and easily one of the best series openers. If not THE best.

Dinosaurs wasn't my cup of tea, I won't be jumping to rewatch it but it was an enjoyable romp. Introduced a nice character.

Mercy was fun. But once again nothing I personally would jump to rewatch.

Power of Three was fucking marvelous. Easily a favourite for me. They finally made Amy and Rory feel like a married couple and not a hook-up. Also more Brian. Also Unit done really well. Also introduced a great new villain.

TatM isn't one I'd get the itch to rewatch again because I didn't like how continuity just got fucked as Moffat made up rules as he went along which he always does. It once again feels like Moffat trying to write like Moffat. It was overly bloated and rushed and the consequences didn't feel like consequences. It was a love letter to Moffat from Moffat. A bit like all the later RTD episodes.
    Despite this I still enjoyed it.

I've enjoyed this series more than 6 as it's less plot-arc-building-up-to-unsatisfying-conclusion. Though I guess it's nearly just as bad with the apparent lack of arc (Those flicking lights meant nothing) and predictability. Also we already established we miss two-parters.
    I don't know how could call it the best series opener next to the eleventh hour, the impossible astronaut, etc. I would say it was the worst out of the matt smith series at least. tbh I thought it was pretty terrible because it messed with the dalek canon way too much - making them forget him, I almost spewed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #3134
    April 2009
    14,390 Posts
    it didn't really seem like a proper opener - it was just another monster of the week thing with the pointless daleks forgetting him and rory and amy divorcing arcs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events

15. Post #3135
    November 2008
    902 Posts
    Anybody know if we'll see Captain Jack in the future with Matt? He has to be my favourite character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #3136
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,440 Posts

It's written by Steve Thompson - What could go wrong?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #3137
    July 2008
    10,976 Posts
    It's written by Steve Thompson - What could go wrong?
    It could end up being written by Steve Thompson.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

18. Post #3138
    July 2011
    1,889 Posts
    Being a fairly new Whovian, I'm currently addicted to the 2005 reboot. I'm on Series 3 right now. Just finished the third episode. I miss Rose, but Martha is pretty awesome so far.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

19. Post #3139
    I've been out of here for a while, what news has there been?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #3140
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    11,816 Posts
    10 to 11 was like a reboot (well, it WAS a reboot, and that's lame), with everything new. I started with not really liking 11th because of that
    The last episode was specifically written to make you feel like that. That's pretty much the only reason for the horrendously out of character "boo hoo hoo I don't wanna go" garbage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #3141
    July 2007
    5,296 Posts
    Arthur Darvill was in The Paradise this evening as a horrid weasly man. He was so good. He really is a top class actor
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #3142
    January 2008
    841 Posts

Go home Tardis, you're drunk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Guernsey Show Events Winner Winner x 19Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #3143
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    7,426 Posts

Edited:

I agree so much with this. It's sort of like a football team, you can't change the whole lot in one go or it's obviously a different team with mostly a different mentality, like a TV show. You keep SOME old parts of the core aspect of the show behind, so people can relate the newer stuff with the older stuff, but eventually, once that older stuff get's replaced, that newer stuff that came in long ago is now the new "older" stuff that the audience is now used to, have I confused you?

24. Post #3144
    July 2009
    3,719 Posts
    Children in Need - November 16th - Prequel to the Christmas Special & Full Xmas Trailer, with the first proper reveal of Jenna-Louise Coleman's companion character.

Matt Smith's Birthday Surprise

Comic Con Q&A Recap:

- Asked about the “Fall Of The Eleventh”, Matt said there are still many adventures to come before that
    - Nothing much on the 50th anniversary except to say there are big plans and “it’s cool and exciting”
    - Matt spoke about The God Complex and what was behind the door and gave the same answer as posted here
    - Matt wants his Doctor to battle Master and wondered if John Simm would still play him
    - Neil Gaiman’s episode was teased and it contains “some old classics”
    - Both Matt and Skinner mentioned they’d like the see the Ice Warriors and the Yeti return (a hint?)
    - Matt promised a great monster for the opener next year and thinks the episode will be a classic
    - They confirmed the return of River Song next year, but not what episode she will appear in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

25. Post #3145
    April 2009
    14,390 Posts
    Matt spoke about The God Complex and what was behind the door and gave the same answer as posted here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 9Late Late x 2 (list)

26. Post #3146
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,420 Posts
    - They confirmed the return of River Song next year, but not what episode she will appear in.
    No thank you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #3147
    July 2009
    3,719 Posts
    Guess she has to keep an eye on The Doctor's female travelling companions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #3148
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    4,808 Posts
    http://www.heatworld.com/Celeb-News/...Swifts-fridge/

The first question in the universe, hidden in plain sight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

29. Post #3149
    "Epic Leddit pwner :)"
    March 2010
    12,113 Posts
    So, seeing as the Fall of the Eleventh was only a brief mention, what do you think it'd be?
    I'm hoping the Doctor loses a companion and goes into a spiralling blind rage of fury, and ends up choosing to obliterate an alien species. But, he is stopped by a future self, which shoots him. The 2 Doctors look at eachother in fear, before the future one slowly fades away as the regeneration process starts.
    The whole idea would be that the Doctor would originally destroy the entire species, but live long enough to regret it. He'd track back to the event that pinpointed the drastic turn in his life, and forcibly stop it, even if he died (I know Moffat has messed with    paradoxes before a bazillion times, but still   ). The Doctor who is forced to regenerate sees a version of himself he feared (I believe in the God Complex he    saw himself in 'his' room   ), which pretty much could make for an emotional scene.
    [sub][sub]Urgh, my mind's very foggy at 3 am, sorry it's rather vague[/sub][/sub]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Winner Winner x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

30. Post #3150
    July 2009
    3,719 Posts
    Whatever it is, it's connected to The Question. As the Fall of the Eleventh happens at Trenzalore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #3151
    July 2008
    10,976 Posts
    In The God Complex when The Doctor opened the door we could hear the Cloister Bell. So whatever he saw was in The TARDIS.

To me it was always him in The TARDIS alone. Possibly sitting on the seat dead, as if he passed away naturally.
    That's why he says "Of Course, who else?". Being self referential. That's also why he puts the 'Do Not Disturb' sign up.

Edited:

Whatever it is, it's connected to The Question. As the Fall of the Eleventh happens at Trenzalore.
    Doctor falls and bangs his head. THE FALL OF THE ELEVENTH.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

32. Post #3152
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    4,808 Posts
    Reminds me of that comic with one of the Silents slipping on a banana peel
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #3153
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,606 Posts
    Reminds me of that comic with one of the Silents slipping on a banana peel
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

34. Post #3154
    July 2008
    10,976 Posts
    Steven Moffat loves falling.

Silence Will Fall
    Fall of the Eleventh
    Amy and Rory fall off a roof
    Sherlock too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

35. Post #3155
    "Epic Leddit pwner :)"
    March 2010
    12,113 Posts
    Also, I got myself a lovely [sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]and sexy[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub] new avatar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #3156
    October 2010
    2,413 Posts
    Angels only move when nothing is looking at them, silly.
    What I always wondered was how did the Statue of Liberty just walk through the streets of Manhattan without widespread chaos going on? You'd imagine after it standing with a demon face in the same spot for about 5 minutes you'd hear some commotion going about in the ambient sound.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

37. Post #3157
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    17,396 Posts
    What I always wondered was how did the Statue of Liberty just walk through the streets of Manhattan without widespread chaos going on? You'd imagine after it standing with a demon face in the same spot for about 5 minutes you'd hear some commotion going about in the ambient sound.
    Maybe they just used the ultimate Doctor Who get-out-of-plot-hole-free clause and used a perception filter
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

38. Post #3158
    July 2008
    10,976 Posts
    New York was fucking empty that entire episode. "The city that never sleeps" says The Doctor after being in several completely empty streets

Edited:

At least that explains why nobody noticed. Everybody was probably indoors or something.

39. Post #3159
    You're Gonna Carry That Weight.
    June 2008
    7,184 Posts
    Also, if it's the city that never sleeps, isn't that the opposite of what the angels would like?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Zing Zing x 1 (list)

40. Post #3160
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,767 Posts
    I was under the impression that they were all hiding
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events