1. Post #161
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    677 Posts
    I dunno, Pokemon may be on to something...
    Whoops! How did that "to" get in there?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #162
    May 2010
    338 Posts
    I always thought Kyurem's new forms looked kinda crazy too, but this had better be good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #163
    April 2011
    383 Posts
    but this had better be good.
    read that in yzma's voice

4. Post #164
    Dennab
    July 2011
    273 Posts
    I saw those in the Bulbagarden Archives a day ago and just dismissed them as Fakemon some idiotic user posted there, but now that I know they're real, I'm getting used to them.

It's odd thought that they'd do two third games this generation. I guess they couldn't make a name like Pokemon Grey Version sound cool enough (or whatever color would represent Kyurem).

5. Post #165
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    677 Posts
    I just think it would be a very bad idea if *all* Black 2 & White 2 ended up being was just the same region with a slightly tweaked plot and a few new forms for particular Pokemon.

There would need to be a much more significant difference that would make it worth the attention. "Reshurem" and "Zekyurem" aren't going to be enough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

6. Post #166
    February 2010
    654 Posts
    I just think it would be a very bad idea if *all* Black 2 & White 2 ended up being was just the same region with a slightly tweaked plot and a few new forms for particular Pokemon.

There would need to be a much more significant difference that would make it worth the attention. "Reshurem" and "Zekyurem" aren't going to be enough.
    I'm honestly hoping that Black 2 and White 2 are actual sequels to Black and White that pretty much shows us what happens to N after the events in Black and White.

Edited:

Though I'll also be alright with just the same region with a slightly tweaked plot. In fact, I'd buy anything that has the word "Pokemon" on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #167

June 2011
    114 Posts
    I wonder what types Kyurem's formes will be... Will it keep its dragon typing, or will it be part ice, part fire/electric?

If the latter's the case, then Kyurem Black will be the better forme. It can cover its weakness to ground with ice. Kyurem White however will be boned if Stealth Rock is used...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #168
    January 2012
    379 Posts
    ...it's actually mentioned in Black and White that the Dragons (or Reshiram and Zekrom at least) were originally a single entity, it it does make a little bit of sense to merge them with Kyurem.
    so... what's that mean? Reshiram/Zekrom accidentally fused with Kyurem instead of one another? or did Kyurem promise them something? Or is it that what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas?

9. Post #169
    February 2011
    320 Posts

I agree. I don't think they should just be the 3rd games, I think this could take part in the reigion next to Unova (Like Johto), as that could be where N ends up and there could also be a few new Pokémon there, too.

BTW, arn't Reshiram and Zekrom supposed to fuse together as one creature, and not Reshiram/Zekrom and Kyurem?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #170
    January 2012
    379 Posts
    I agree. I don't think they should just be the 3rd games, I think this could take part in the reigion next to Unova (Like Johto), as that could be where N ends up and there could also be a few new Pokémon there, too.

BTW, arn't Reshiram and Zekrom supposed to fuse together as one creature, and not Reshiram/Zekrom and Kyurem?
    read:
    so... what's that mean? Reshiram/Zekrom accidentally fused with Kyurem instead of one another? or did Kyurem promise them something? Or is it that what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas?
    also, i think instead of new pokemon like that, why not just add some old pokemon from the beta that were taken out? also, have some people partake in an online contest for making a new pokemon at least 15 winners... if there will be new pokemon.

11. Post #171
    February 2011
    320 Posts
    read:

also, i think instead of new pokemon like that, why not just add some old pokemon from the beta that were taken out? also, have some people partake in an online contest for making a new pokemon at least 15 winners... if there will be new pokemon.
    I did read it, BTW, it doesn't work like that, as the new Pokémon would of already of been made by now.

12. Post #172
    August 2009
    2 Posts
    I don't think so, I think the three fuse together as all three of them represent Yin and Yang (Zekrom being Yin, Rashiram being Yang, and Kyurem being Wuji,) plus all three of them being fused together at one point and then splitting would explain Kyurem's skeleton-like appearance, which would imply it's the corpse of the dragon that use to be. As for the mascots of B2W2, people are speculating that Kyurem fuses with whichever one N has depending on the game you choose/chose, and seeing as how he's flown off to some distant land, if that's the case then it sets things up for either another new region or a trip down memory lane at a previous region(s).

13. Post #173
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    677 Posts
    I don't think so, I think the three fuse together as all three of them represent Yin and Yang (Zekrom being Yin, Rashiram being Yang, and Kyurem being Wuji,) plus all three of them being fused together at one point and then splitting would explain Kyurem's skeleton-like appearance, which would imply it's the corpse of the dragon that use to be. As for the mascots of B2W2, people are speculating that Kyurem fuses with whichever one N has depending on the game you choose/chose, and seeing as how he's flown off to some distant land, if that's the case then it sets things up for either another new region or a trip down memory lane at a previous region(s).
    Well, it would be pretty silly to assume that you'll be re-assuming the role of the trainer you played as in Black/White 1, because chances are you won't be able to just transfer all your data from the first one to the new game, and they definitely wouldn't let you start the game already with a built-up Pokémon team. (That would be too convenient.)

Instead, I'm imagining the whole song-and-dance over again. New trainer, eight gyms and an elite bunch, at least one rival and some criminal group, and the involvement of a legendary creature or twelve. But I highly doubt that they'll introduce any new Pokémon outside of new forms for ones that already exist, like they did for Giratina and Shaymin.

The ideal is that they'll at least provide a new map and some improvements in the interface/experience. But they aren't promising very much considering it's only going to be four more months before it's released in Japan.

14. Post #174
    January 2012
    379 Posts
    Well, it would be pretty silly to assume that you'll be re-assuming the role of the trainer you played as in Black/White 1, because chances are you won't be able to just transfer all your data from the first one to the new game, and they definitely wouldn't let you start the game already with a built-up Pokémon team. (That would be too convenient.)

Instead, I'm imagining the whole song-and-dance over again. New trainer, eight gyms and an elite bunch, at least one rival and some criminal group, and the involvement of a legendary creature or twelve. But I highly doubt that they'll introduce any new Pokémon outside of new forms for ones that already exist, like they did for Giratina and Shaymin.

The ideal is that they'll at least provide a new map and some improvements in the interface/experience. But they aren't promising very much considering it's only going to be four more months before it's released in Japan.
    new trainer...? no... that might work... wait, what if they have trainer customization? i'd love that.
    wait... does anyone remember how B/W were originally gonna have a move and party limit change? like a pokemon can learn more than just 4 moves at a time and a party can have more than 6 pokemon at a time?

15. Post #175
    February 2011
    320 Posts
    new trainer...? no... that might work... wait, what if they have trainer customization? i'd love that.
    wait... does anyone remember how B/W were originally gonna have a move and party limit change? like a pokemon can learn more than just 4 moves at a time and a party can have more than 6 pokemon at a time?
    It was actually 3rd gen that was going to have the Move/Party change.

16. Post #176
    February 2010
    654 Posts
    It was actually 3rd gen that was going to have the Move/Party change.
    Really? This is the first time I've heard of this.

17. Post #177
    February 2011
    320 Posts
    Really? This is the first time I've heard of this.
    They mentioned it around BW's release, so you may have it confused with what was supposed to happen in 3rd gen.

BTW, somethings they did say would happen in BW were; chosing your own path in the game and Zoroa was supposed to have a unique evolution route, but instead it has the most common way of evolution and the most common level.

18. Post #178
    February 2010
    654 Posts
    They mentioned it around BW's release, so you may have it confused with what was supposed to happen in 3rd gen.
    Actually, I never heard it at all, not even for BW.

19. Post #179
    January 2012
    379 Posts
    BTW, somethings they did say would happen in BW were; chosing your own path in the game and Zoroa was supposed to have a unique evolution route, but instead it has the most common way of evolution and the most common level.
    really? ...i wish i could say it's current evolution route is unique but... like you said.

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    677 Posts
    And hopefully if logic is to be believed, there will most likely be an update to the Pokédex 3D at some point after Black 2 / White 2's release to add whatever new forms to creatures (or even new creatures) are introduced by those games.

Which makes the current inability to extract 3DS models and data a little more unfortunate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #181
    January 2012
    379 Posts
    Which makes the current inability to extract 3DS models and data a little more unfortunate.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL...&v=639y7fweUBg
    this song seems to fit an epic montage of someone not giving up but still trying at that... also the name, Sad But True, fits quite well!

...anyway... how 'bout we go ahead and continue gawking at the new game(s) later and continue the whole porting thing...
    UPDATE: ever want an Aztec ball with wings and a dancing cactus? well, TOO BAD! (and if you want more info, look for a picture of Zoroark under your steam friends that has the same name as someone on here)

umm... if anyone'd liek to see it, i rebuilt the entire Gen V region of Unova/Isshu (whatever i like both) on MineCraft, you can ask for the IP and hamachi stuff...

umm... yeah... the server didn't let me open the Unova seed/map so... nevermind... (and Treevis, don't worry, your house is still safe. even your dog and butler)

22. Post #182
    March 2007
    156 Posts
    I always wondered how they would include the whole Black City/White Forest in a game like Gray. I guess this is their solution.
    And I'm pretty sure that hoping for a new region/trainer/story/Pokemon is just gonna get your hopes up, they're just gonna do the same thing as the "3rd" game in every other generation, just flesh out the story more, implement a few things to make it better, but keeping with the same everything else.
    Though I just hope that the Shadow Triad is finally explained. They were just kinda... there. They never really did that much either.

23. Post #183

June 2010
    241 Posts
    Yet another off-topic message, I know, but this one relates in fact that PokéPark 2 doesn't use .brsar archives to store all of the sounds, instead, they are stored in .acb and .awb fileformat. Any knowledge about this fileformat would be appreciated, as if someone can crack these fileformats open, then it would add an another layer of awesomeness in GMod videos when Pokémon call out their names, just like what they do in anime!

I have made the topic in another forum just to mention about this:
    http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8437
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

24. Post #184
    Dennab
    July 2011
    273 Posts
    Yet another off-topic message, I know, but this one relates in fact that PokéPark 2 doesn't use .brsar archives to store all of the sounds, instead, they are stored in .acb and .awb fileformat. Any knowledge about this fileformat would be appreciated, as if someone can crack these fileformats open, then it would add an another layer of awesomeness in GMod videos when Pokémon call out their names, just like what they do in anime!

Why not attempt to do it for the first PokePark, as well? Y'know, for the Pokemon that only show up in that one? Or just voice clips that are only in that one? (I found Porygon-Z's voice hilarious and it's sure to make GMod video gold)

25. Post #185

June 2010
    241 Posts
    Why not attempt to do it for the first PokePark, as well? Y'know, for the Pokemon that only show up in that one? Or just voice clips that are only in that one? (I found Porygon-Z's voice hilarious and it's sure to make GMod video gold)
    But, the one problem about .brsar archives is that there isn't any suitable tool to extract from it directly. Ripping mama tool in other hand crashes when it's about half-way through, but that's just my own experience, though...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

26. Post #186
    January 2012
    379 Posts

ya know, i'm surprised that nobody did this yet... also, i was gonna ask sooner but thought i could find it via search sites... months of failed searches...

27. Post #187
    Dennab
    July 2011
    273 Posts
    But, the one problem about .brsar archives is that there isn't any suitable tool to extract from it directly. Ripping mama tool in other hand crashes when it's about half-way through, but that's just my own experience, though...
    I did use the word "attempt," did I? I'm sure someone will think of something.

28. Post #188
    educate yourselves little children

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #189
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    442 Posts
    Isn't that almost what Blinding was getting at (Or at least at the Wuji part)?

Except you provided a nice diagram, salty peanut v2.

30. Post #190
    January 2012
    379 Posts
    Isn't that almost what Blinding was getting at (Or at least at the Wuji part)?

Except you provided a nice diagram, salty peanut v2.
    indeed... oh, and don't you have an image to reveal to us starring a certain pokemon in gmod?

31. Post #191
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    442 Posts
    Shush, that's for tomorrow! The irons are in the fire, don't worry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

32. Post #192
    January 2012
    379 Posts
    Shush, that's for tomorrow! The irons are in the fire, don't worry.
    ... oh crap... why'd you have to say "shush"?!
    ...i'm just going to explain personally...

33. Post #193
    February 2011
    320 Posts
    About the missing Dragon... I always thought that Kyurems other form would be a Dragon/Grass type, as Fire - Electricity (Energy) = Ice (Death) and Fire + Electricity (Energy) = Grass (Life). But, instead GF went another route...

34. Post #194
    January 2012
    379 Posts
    About the missing Dragon... I always thought that Kyurems other form would be a Dragon/Grass type, as Fire - Electricity (Energy) = Ice (Death) and Fire + Electricity (Energy) = Grass (Life). But, instead GF went another route...
    i'm sorry, i read the "GF" and translated it in my mind as "But, instead my GirlFriend wanted to dump me and went down the other route..." ...idk how that happened

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    442 Posts
    -snip-

Download was faulty...

36. Post #196
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    677 Posts

Here y'all go... I'll merge him with a future pack when I get around to it.
    It's having issues. Garry's Mod doesn't want to find it for some reason.

I downloaded another model set and an sTool to make sure it wasn't just Garry's Mod doing something weird all around (my computer had issues a few days ago). But those were found and usable as soon as I started the game again.

So whatever it is, it's due to the files and not the program.

(Also, Zelda stuff in the materials?)

37. Post #197
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    442 Posts

I downloaded another model set and an sTool to make sure it wasn't just Garry's Mod doing something weird all around (my computer had issues a few days ago). But those were found and usable as soon as I started the game again.

Crap crap crap, I'll fix it!

38. Post #198
    January 2012
    379 Posts

...huh... Treevis, you forgot the info file T_T
    the little text file in the folder with materials, models, settings, and lua should have an info.txt
    what i'd do is copy someone else and edit it to fit your uploaded content
    i noticed that almost half or more of the uploads on garrysmod.org DON'T have that file, so it's too common to be good... just remember not to forget it again

39. Post #199
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    442 Posts

There, fixed. I can't believe I forgot the info.txt.... Sorry for the textures, those kinda are extra (hinting future releases?).

40. Post #200
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    677 Posts

I CAN'T SEE

For whatever reason, Zorua's eye textures do not show, not on the ragdoll or the NPC. The mouths obviously work fine.

Other than that, things look pretty well done. I was quite surprised at how well-animated Zorua was, though I'm suspecting the animations come from the game. If that's the case, they seemed to transfer well.

The only thing I noticed otherwise is some odd polygonal stuff around the tail. There's at least a spot on its right side that distorts when the tail is moved.