1. Post #521
    Just a Homestuck OC with a massive dick
    April 2011
    2,516 Posts
    I may or may not finish this, but...

... I'm giving Zoroark some real eyes. I think it'll turn out alright for my first time editing the models themselves, if I even finish.
    Oh hey, pesterchum.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #522
    April 2011
    193 Posts
    To be entirely fair, chances were that he didn't know what he was doing and nobody wanted to help him. And at least he's trying to get them into gmod himself instead of bitching at RTB or someone to do it. So yeah, so yeah, best not to think too harshly of him. He probably had no direction or help at all.

I've been trying to get the N64 models for Nidorino (mostly due to his stocky structure being easy to rig) however, there's a bit of a problem with the UV mapping on the textures. Anyone who's worked with N64 models will know that the texture porting from 1964 is less than perfect. However, it seems in the case of things like spots that they can't be fixed without moving around all the UVs and everything.

I'm planning to resort to PBR instead (if my laptop can run dolphin that is) unless I can get someone to extract the models and textures. Again, just the plain unrigged modles and textures is all I need. If not, does anyone know how to get certain pokemon to show up in PBR, specifically the Nidorans and Nidorin@?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #523
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    677 Posts
    It's probably just me, but I look at the Whirlipede in this picture and think to myself, "Isn't that one of the Aurum from Kid Icarus Uprising?" ...Kolma?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #524
    August 2011
    1,173 Posts

HE DROWNED.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #525

May 2011
    18 Posts
    apoc i already got my queue and buneary is on it:

garboder(BROKEN)i really need a modeler by my side as a partner in order to fix this
    pawniard(done!)
    bisharp
    buneary(done!)
    SSBB dark cannon(REMOVED)
    yamask's mask as prop(REMOVED)
    SSBB trophy base(REMOVED)
    (hidden)
    minion
    Watchog(REMOVED)(might remake it someday)
    death knight(done!)
    beartic
    cubchoo
    trubbish
    Golett(done!)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

6. Post #526
    August 2011
    1,173 Posts
    It's probably just me, but I look at the Whirlipede in this picture and think to myself, "Isn't that one of the Aurum from Kid Icarus Uprising?" ...Kolma?
    That game looks like LSD:Dream Emulator
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #527
    January 2012
    379 Posts
    umm...

Edited:

garboder(BROKEN)i really need a modeler by my side as a partner in order to fix this
    pawniard(done!)
    bisharp
    buneary(done!)
    SSBB dark cannon(REMOVED)
    yamask's mask as prop(REMOVED)
    SSBB trophy base(REMOVED)
    (hidden)
    minion
    Watchog(REMOVED)(might remake it someday)
    death knight(done!)
    beartic
    cubchoo
    trubbish
    Golett(done!)
    T_T
    sorry, but someone should teach you all of the things you gotta do first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #528
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    677 Posts
    Well, this *is* a Masahiro Sakurai production...

9. Post #529
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,882 Posts
    Buneary is NOT one that should be worked on by a beginner such as yourself. It's got two sets of ears that need to be set up as bodygroups.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #530
    January 2012
    379 Posts
    lol right after i find out about the game, i read this! that game is... yeah..
    Buneary is NOT one that should be worked on by a beginner such as yourself. It's got two sets of ears that need to be set up as bodygroups.
    oh, yeah! you just reminded me! with some pokemon like gastly, with the smoke, why not just make the smoke poseable? like have it be like charmander's fire, but be pose able?

11. Post #531
    April 2011
    193 Posts
    Okay, important question!

When using 3DripperDX I just wanna know two things. First of all, what format does it export in? And second, does it still have to be texturefixed and hand-rigged?

I'm just asking because I found a PBR save with all the pokemon on them, the models themselves can be viewed by checking storage in-game. However I wanna know if it's worth installing 3dripperdx for this since I don't actually have 3DSmax, only Blender and Milkshape.

12. Post #532
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    441 Posts
    3DRipperDX exports in .obj and .mtl, with .obj (un-rigged) as the geometry and .mtl as the materials/textures. Blender takes .obj fine, but the textures can be a bit iffy when it comes to showing up properly: it'll either be correct or not. Give it a try and see how it goes.

13. Post #533
    April 2011
    193 Posts
    I'm assuming the capture key needs to be held down, seeing as my folders are still empty. Any specific settings/plugins needed to export obj files?

Also: Here's a shot of the save I got

It's basically got all of them in national dex order. If anyone else wants this save, either search for it, or PM me. I'll be happy to share. You'll need to get Dolphin and the ISO yourself though.:P

14. Post #534
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    441 Posts
    You just click it once; try the global monitoring mode, if you haven't done so already.

15. Post #535

May 2011
    18 Posts
    it came with an smd so it was easy i tested the ragdoll out in gmod quite the goodness i got to say rtb

Edited:

ALSO i don't use bodygroups or skins i tried it on misdreavus and it wouldn't compile AND the ears are ragdolled so i don't think bodygrouping them is suggested

16. Post #536
    April 2011
    193 Posts
    Gave it a try. Didn't work out. Basically any attempt at viewing textures makes it all black. Though more annoyingly, it treats the whole thing as a single object so I can't seperate what I want from any of the things I don't want (such as the huge-ass arena)

17. Post #537
    Not that bad of a seed
    January 2011
    10,985 Posts
    You just click it once; try the global monitoring mode, if you haven't done so already.
    He's using Windows 7, Global monitoring only works on XP.

18. Post #538
    August 2011
    1,173 Posts
    I'm assuming the capture key needs to be held down, seeing as my folders are still empty. Any specific settings/plugins needed to export obj files?

Also: Here's a shot of the save I got

It's basically got all of them in national dex order. If anyone else wants this save, either search for it, or PM me. I'll be happy to share. You'll need to get Dolphin and the ISO yourself though.:P
    Question, why does it say dirty on the top left?

19. Post #539
    April 2011
    193 Posts
    No clue. It still runs though. Albeit slowly but that's probably because I'm on a laptop. Though it seems that capturing via the menu might lead to a "squished" model. Well it might have been like that in battle too, I couldn't see past the massive dome. >.>

20. Post #540
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    441 Posts
    He's using Windows 7, Global monitoring only works on XP.
    I've used Windows 7 with it; the models appear black because the texture paths aren't set.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

21. Post #541
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,882 Posts
    it came with an smd so it was easy i tested the ragdoll out in gmod quite the goodness i got to say rtb
    This is why Buneary needs more work in order to be set up properly:

First one doesn't work because it has four ears. Second one doesn't work because simply scaling down one ear and one curl leaves a hole in its "curl". Third one's proper, as it uses a combination of both the curl and ear for the proper appearance.

Question, why does it say dirty on the top left?
    Basically an "unofficial SVN build" of Dolphin or something along those lines.

oh, yeah! you just reminded me! with some pokemon like gastly, with the smoke, why not just make the smoke poseable? like have it be like charmander's fire, but be pose able?
    Can't. Gastly's "gas" is a particle effect rendered in-game. It's not actually a part of its model, and I haven't located the textures for it (or have any sort of idea on how to make custom particles for GMod).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

22. Post #542
    January 2012
    379 Posts
    This is why Buneary needs more work in order to be set up properly:

First one doesn't work because it has four ears. Second one doesn't work because simply scaling down one ear and one curl leaves a hole in its "curl". Third one's proper, as it uses a combination of both the curl and ear for the proper appearance.

Basically an "unofficial SVN build" of Dolphin or something along those lines.

Can't. Gastly's "gas" is a particle effect rendered in-game. It's not actually a part of its model, and I haven't located the textures for it (or have any sort of idea on how to make custom particles for GMod).
    i know how to make particle effects with other pictures. i can take the smoke and/or fire particles, edit them, and make them perfect for gasltly

23. Post #543
    April 2011
    193 Posts
    Okay, sorta-kinda made progressnotreally.

I can get and fix the model myself easy enough in milkshape3d. That bit is not a problem. Now the new issue is textures. Mostly since they don't already load on, and the textures are all exported as dds, so I'm pretty sure I won't be able to read them or anything. And it rips a LOT of dds files, regardless of whether the textures appeared in the frame or not. Anyone able to help with that?

Okay, actually managed to get myself 3DS max. Odd problem though, when I import the 3DR the model comes out with a strange skew... anything I need to do in settings or something?

24. Post #544

May 2011
    18 Posts
    [QUOTE=RTB;35776773]This is why Buneary needs more work in order to be set up properly:

ok first of all the 2nd one with only 1 ear is not what i did 2nd how did you do the 3rd one i plan on that 3rd how did you do the smoothing AND LASTLY WHEN IS MY QUEUE GOING TO BE ADDEDI GOT MY OWN QUEUE YOU KNOW
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

25. Post #545
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,882 Posts
    ok first of all the 2nd one with only 1 ear is not what i did 2nd how did you do the 3rd one i plan on that 3rd how did you do the smoothing AND LASTLY WHEN IS MY QUEUE GOING TO BE ADDEDI GOT MY OWN QUEUE YOU KNOW
    1. Well, how did you set up your GMod Buneary model, then?

2. The third image is using the ear positions/rotations from one of its animations in PokéPark, which is considered to be "correct".

3. If you're using 3DS Max... Add a "Smooth" modifier, and click on the "1" button (or, depending on the model, try "Auto Smooth" -- Bronzong seems to work fairly well with that, but others may be a bit blocky as a result). Then add an "Edit Normals" modifier, press CTRL + A to select all the normals, then click "Reset". Bam, fixed normals. I blame Mighty Jetters and Roxas358 for that, since they just basically batch-converted the models from PokéPark (2) without bothering to check for any problems...

4. CAPS LOCK IS -- you get the point. I'm not gonna add your queue to the first post until you fix up the problems with your first pack. Ask ApocHedgie for more help with that, and if you really don't know how to set up bodygroups, I can always do so for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #546
    July 2011
    229 Posts
    That's some good work you did on the models from the previous page, RTB.

27. Post #547
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,882 Posts
    Oh, and also... Keep your sizes consistent, brewster12! Every Pokémon in PokéPark Wii is actual size in comparison to each other. All of the models that Apoc, Treevis and I ported are 433.071% scale. Kind of an odd size, but it makes them as close to the PokéDex's size as possible. Your Misdreavus and Roggenrola are too small, your Yamask is close, but not quite, and your Whirlipede and Bronzong are too big. Scale ALL of them to the same size, don't randomly make some of them bigger or smaller!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #548
    August 2011
    1,173 Posts
    I used brewsters models to make this. It took me 45 minutes to make this, because they can't fucking move
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #549

May 2011
    18 Posts
    your right i'm sorry but i do not need 3ds max due to milkshape and i think 1 is better i'll give it a try tomarrow you set up the body groups for me.

Edited:

I used brewsters models to make this. It took me 45 minutes to make this, because they can't fucking move
    bronzong and whirlipede are the broken ones not the rest
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #550
    Not that bad of a seed
    January 2011
    10,985 Posts
    The smoothing on all of them is broken.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #551
    April 2011
    193 Posts
    Okay then! Got the model all nice, textures ripped (including eye frames I didn't even get from the frames, goodie!

However, organising textures and such into bodygroups, or just fixing the screwed up UV mapping isn't something I'm actually experienced at. For that reason, would anyone mind doing a quick texture fix (well, UV fix) on this? http://www.filedropper.com/nidoranf

Then I can get to actually rigging and shiz. C:

32. Post #552
    April 2011
    193 Posts
    Well if nobody's gonna do it, is there any way the textures/uvs can be merged (any program will do) while still making the textures look so good? Whenever I merge in blender it makes all the textures stretched and ugly...

33. Post #553
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,882 Posts
    Gah, I hate FileDropper. I've never been able to download anything from that site.

I'll see what I can do with a clean Nidoran (F) rip from Colosseum.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #554
    April 2011
    193 Posts
    Oh, anything you do have luck with?

Mine's PBR. :3

35. Post #555
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,882 Posts
    Oh, anything you do have luck with?

Mine's PBR. :3
    Well, judging by the fact that most of Battle Revolution's models models are the same as they were in Colossuem or the Pokémon Stadium games, and 3DVia Printscreen gets the Colosseum models in T-pose, that would be one of the cases where it'd be a better idea to get it from an earlier game. Since PBR has that weird "vertex keyframe" animation format, it doesn't get the models in T-pose, even with 3DVia.

36. Post #556
    April 2011
    193 Posts
    Well, judging by the fact that most of Battle Revolution's models models are the same as they were in Colossuem or the Pokémon Stadium games, and 3DVia Printscreen gets the Colosseum models in T-pose, that would be one of the cases where it'd be a better idea to get it from an earlier game, since PBR has that weird "vertex keyframe" animation format and doesn't T-pose even with 3DVia.
    3Dvia? Hmm, could you PM me the save file/whatever you're using to even see these models?

37. Post #557
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,882 Posts
    3Dvia? Hmm, could you PM me the save file/whatever you're using to even see these models?
    I'll have to get the files and whatnot ready for you sometime later, since all I've got is the script for 3DS Max -- not sure if there's one for Blender yet.

I'll be sending the OBJ/unrigged SMD to you in a bit.

38. Post #558
    August 2011
    1,173 Posts
    I'll have to get the files and whatnot ready for you sometime later, since all I've got is the script for 3DS Max -- not sure if there's one for Blender yet.

I'll be sending the OBJ/unrigged SMD to you in a bit.

It looks polygonal for me. But then I see several errors..

Edited:

Okay then! Got the model all nice, textures ripped (including eye frames I didn't even get from the frames, goodie!

However, organising textures and such into bodygroups, or just fixing the screwed up UV mapping isn't something I'm actually experienced at. For that reason, would anyone mind doing a quick texture fix (well, UV fix) on this? http://www.filedropper.com/nidoranf

Then I can get to actually rigging and shiz. C:
    I tried fixing the UV, the I messed up and messed up the entire model.

I had to download it again, I hate porting from the wii.

39. Post #559
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,882 Posts
    It looks polygonal for me. But then I see several errors..
    Blame Nintendo. That's the same Nidoran♀ model that Nintendo's used since the first Pokémon Stadium...

40. Post #560
    April 2011
    193 Posts
    Well actually, I got 3DS max now, the 2010 one. So I might be able to do thats. Well, I'm sure the obj will do too! Thanks!